◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,782 comments
I actually posted this at 9:11pm...figured it would be plenty of time for someone to say "hop in X room"....

Well I could have just jumped into D1 as that was where I left off, but I have never really won any races there...just not enough practice time. I assume everyone in the league has not re-done their time trial. So I figured I'd hop into D2, as that is probably where I would have had more fun, but apparently they didn't want me in there.

No worries...it was a one-off miracle night. Had some fun in the misfit room and then the West Coast Avengers rooms ;)
Who are you calling a misfit? Oh Must mean Gamble;)

Before I came into your West Coast room, some of us who tried unsuccessfully to race at 9:30 formed a misfit room. When your room formed I came right over.

Sorry, I saw the one at 9:25. You know how this thread rolls. We were talking about having a time cut off so we don't have to scramble right before racing starts.

D1 is a very different place these days. I really have no business there, but someone has to keep score and upload the replays. Someone else want to step up so I can stop getting embarrassed?
I just volunteered.

Before I came into your West Coast room, some of us who tried unsuccessfully to race at 9:30 formed a misfit room. When your room formed I came right over.
Ah ok. I wish the main races would go to 9:00 then have one 10:00 and then the West Coast. Seems there are probably more people wanting a 10:00 East coast room than an 9:00 Pacific room

D2 Data has been entered.

on a seperate note:

-Attention Division 2 Racers-

Remember that we are racing in a 'friends only' room and you need to make sure you are friends with me, fastfox400 and make sure you add tcrash15, as he is primary host.

The past racing night was a complete disaster. Between people not arriving
on time, to those who wait till the lat minute to send friends request to myself and
tcrash15 (@fzappa ). This can not be tolerated. Sunday went well past
what it should have been. I myself plan on talking to Tcrash and see if we can set a
automated race timer to start close to our designated time slot. I do have to apologize to
all that chose to wait through all of the issues on Sunday night. I appreciate your cooperation.

I will be going thru the list of current D2 drivers and will be sending out a PM well in advance for next sunday.
So if your are currently on the D2 roster or get placed on it towards the end of the week, there will be no excuse for not having ample time to send friend requests to Tcrash15 and Fastfox 400.

I understand being a few minutes late. But with all of the glitches and bugs happening with GT6 and PSN, It is unfair to have to keep waiting on people when there is 10-12 people already in the room. If you are unable to take of friends requests in a timely fashion well before race time, we will not wait.

One of the biggest problems is having to exit out of GT6 and log out PSN to accept friend requests.
Then once you leave a friend only room you are not able to rejoin even thou you just left.
So please make sure all Division 2 racers have Tcrash15, and myself, Fastfox400
added well in advance to sunday night race times.

Also to those who have sketchy connections, please make sure you reset your internet modems,
and clear your system cache well before entering the room. As we have found just one bad connection
spoil the whole room.

Thank you again for everyones cooperation on Sunday night.

Last edited:

One of the biggest problems is having to exit out of GT6 and log out PSN to accept friend requests.
Then once you leave a friend only room you are not able to rejoin even thou you just left.

Is there a difference between PS3's for this? I was able to send and accept friend requests without leaving GT6 or logging out of PSN. Just hit the PS button and slide over to accept the friend's request.

I have 3100a slim which is one of the newer ones and I have the issue with it not updating to psn when deleting or addin someone new.

A grand #%<€£¥%$!! Total of ONE replay of mine from last night wasn't corrupted to the point of reboot/verify data.

PD = 16% success & accuracy.

I would like the QA guy or whoever that greenlighted this setup to get either 16% of their pay, or 84% of something..unpleasant.

@tevesh2 - do your replays work? @TEX36 or @Chiochan ?

On the upside, I did get total times from the screenshots I took, but can't get best lap except for race 1.

A grand #%<€£¥%$!! Total of ONE replay of mine from last night wasn't corrupted to the point of reboot/verify data.

PD = 16% success & accuracy.

I would like the QA guy or whoever that greenlighted this setup to get either 16% of their pay, or 84% of something..unpleasant.

@tevesh2 - do your replays work? @TEX36 or @Chiochan ?

On the upside, I did get total times from the screenshots I took, but can't get best lap except for race 1.

I feel you Handlebar. Last night I had 3 of 5 working. Tonight, not one.

Please, anyone that has ever had a replay lock up their PS3 and require a hard boot to restore control of the console, whether it did the file check or not, please go to this thread and make your experience known. If that thread blows up with responses it will have a better chance of being seen by someone that can do something about it.

Shots from the late night show :sly:

DeepForestRaceway_zpsb80f2cb8.jpg

As expected once he entered the room, Nic lead the pack for race 1.

DeepForestRaceway_1_zps7700132a.jpg

That's not even just a flesh wound, Joe...probably had to be there for that to make sense ;)

DeepForestRaceway_2_zps568e671e.jpg

Had a couple others join in for the start of race 2.

DeepForestRaceway_3_zpsc8a96016.jpg

Tonight's lesson is 'how to scatter a pack of Subarus.'

DeepForestRaceway_4_zps1cebb539.jpg

Which ended up meaning Bill, Joe and I having a good fight for the win.

DeepForestRaceway_5_zps71539cf7.jpg

The drive to the line for 2nd.

ApricotHillRaceway_zpsd34c2a70.jpg

Nic already gapping the field in round 2.

ApricotHillRaceway_1_zpsd7645652.jpg

But he was nice enough to give Joe some false hope....I think Nic mentioned wanting more practice on the wheel which is why he decided to join in the first place.

ApricotHillRaceway_2_zps9b779583.jpg

If vinny and I ever got together, at least we would save money on the paint repairs :sly:

SuzukaCircuit_19_zps8260d868.jpg

Last race and the group had lost more than it had picked up in the open lobby.

SuzukaCircuit_20_zps67095b60.jpg

But overall, I think it went well.

on a seperate note:

-Attention Division 2 Racers-

Remember that we are racing in a 'friends only' room and you need to make sure you are friends with me, fastfox400 and make sure you add tcrash15, as he is primary host.

The past racing night was a complete disaster. Between people not arriving
on time, to those who wait till the lat minute to send friends request to myself and
tcrash15 (@fzappa ). This can not be tolerated. Sunday went well past
what it should have been. I myself plan on talking to Tcrash and see if we can set a
automated race timer to start close to our designated time slot. I do have to apologize to
all that chose to wait through all of the issues on Sunday night. I appreciate your cooperation.

I will be going thru the list of current D2 drivers and will be sending out a PM well in advance for next sunday.
So if your are currently on the D2 roster or get placed on it towards the end of the week, there will be no excuse for not having ample time to send friend requests to Tcrash15 and Fastfox 400.

I understand being a few minutes late. But with all of the glitches and bugs happening with GT6 and PSN, It is unfair to have to keep waiting on people when there is 10-12 people already in the room. If you are unable to take of friends requests in a timely fashion well before race time, we will not wait.

Also to those who have sketchy connections, please make sure you reset your internet modems,
and clear your system cache well before entering the room. As we have found just one bad connection
spoil the whole room.

Thank you again for everyones cooperation on Sunday night.
How early does d2 open the room?

I do not think there is a rationale to limit you from being earlier, not one I am aware of, at least.

Just do not expect all divisions to have that much unfettered free time.

I do not think there is a rationale to limit you from being earlier, not one I am aware of, at least.

Just do not expect all divisions to have that much unfettered free time.

Agreed. I mean even through out the month of Deceember opning @ 9:15 we still never started @ 9:30. If the choose was mine or was the general choice for D2 I would prefer the room open @ 9:00pm as it would be alot easier to get everyone in the room and actually start close to 9:30.

The bottom line, and this goes for all divisions and drivers, leave yourself some time to allow for issues getting into the room. Don't assume that you're going to fire up your system at five minutes race time and fly right into the room. You may have issues and qualifying can start at the scheduled time weather you are there or not. If you are late for qualifying, you are going to miss the first race.

The hosts, directors, and everyone else putting in the work to make the league go are not obligated to wait for you because you can't be bothered to be on time.

Expect the unexpected and allow time for it. Would you rather sit in the room for 10 minutes or miss the first race? It's really up to you.

There needs to come a time that directors and hosts stop waiting for people who are late and it needs to be soon. Just start the qualifying session as soon after start time that you are ready to go.

This is true. Especially in real world racing where wins are everything. I see where Fox is coming from though, especially since we put such an emphasis here on clean racing over winning at all cost. Perhaps average finish should be the first tie breaker, then wins?

If you're anywhere near as fast as Nic you should have plenty of speed!
Chuyler is an OG. Glad to have him back!

StewardAnnouncments.png

To All SNAILs
Until we can either, get reliable replay data from the assigned uploaders from each division, or, support from Polyphony Digital to fix these lock up issues, be prepared to provide the replay you used to file your Incident Reports. Contact your division leadership to make arrangements getting your replay transferred, so the stewards can review the incident(s) you've submitted.

TBH, most of the test was common sense. The only questions I had to look up were the video and the penalty points, though I still think I got the shortcutting one wrong. About to do the time trial :)

EDIT: ABS 2, Sensitivity default. Best time over 11 laps was 1:47.534, but I had to use the grass runoff when I screwed up turn 3. The time I submitted (all four on the tarmac at all times) was 1:48.544. I race with the 100% plain dualshock, no control freak sticks

I used SH, no line or any assists. I kept the gear recommend thingy on throughout the entirety but with so many tracks I can't memorize them all so I basically have to do so

Last edited:
Hello, i can't find any standing for div 6 ? Is it just cause i am not searching in the good place or is it not have been counted yet

Handlebar, I feel your pain!!! Every time I try to watch a replay the playstation freezes to the point of getting up, force shut down, turn it on again, and wait 10 minutes for system restoring. It's absolutely ridiculous!!!
After a couple of attempts I finally managed to watch my win at the Subbies race but what I really wanted to watch was the Stang's second race where I was rammed outta track to eventually file a race complaint but, after freezing the system 5 times I gave up.
I think it's pathetic how a company like PD, develops the same game for the sixth time and presents it's faithful costumers with the crappiest piece of game programming I have ever seen as tires making more noise than engines, cars look all the same color in the room's side board, players frozen in the room because the host changed settings, replays that freeze the whole system...

They better put out a freaking nice free DLC soon.

..and who the heck is SFCjoeMe??? :scared:

With all of the confusion, I am still not sure who he was. I think he may have been a late entry o a phantom... He definitely belong in SNAIL but maybe a little closer to D3 or maybe D2... From what little I saw, he appeared to get through traffic pretty cleanly and checked out in every race... We will just have to see if he turns back up again...

Back