Open ◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Presented by ButtKicker: Feel What You've Been Missing

Discussion in 'SNAIL Racing League' started by zer05ive, Dec 13, 2011.

1. wvhellbilly

wvhellbilly

I vote for A!

2. DrKronin

DrKronin Premium

I had a co-worker that switched to Dvorak for a couple of months several years ago. He still has trouble using a regular keyboard now, and it's been quite a long time. It's a superior layout, but I would only suggest it if you're literally never going to have to use a Qwerty keyboard again, on a phone, on someone else's computer, on the holodecks we'll be playing GT14 on, etc.

3. Pichon617

Pichon617

I vote B

dgaf95integra likes this.
  4. fastfox400

fastfox400

As much as i like the RCZ I hate cape ring inside, and the Renault is awesome but Fuji just plain blows.

5. Dragonwhisky

Dragonwhisky Premium

In the early years of my computing when regular meeses were yet to be hated to pieces, in long stints using them, usually playing Quake II, my thumbs and first 2 fingers on both hands would go woodenly numb. After trying several crappy trackballs, finally settled on the Logitech line of thumb-ball track balls, which helped bunches with my right hand. Left hand still went numb on straight kbs. Once I found these natural keyboards though, and stopped "wrenching" for a living, pretty much numbness during computing/keyboarding has gone the way of the dodo bird. The trackman wheel line of trackballs had some of the crappiest DPI rates of any pointing device, so was generally unsuitable for gaming, I would occasionally break out my MX-510 [​IMG]
    mouse for that. I still used the trackball through all of my Battlefield 1942 and some of my BF2 play. Getting your setup correct to your ergs is fairly important.

I vote for C. Gimme sticky tires any day.

OwensRacing likes this.
  6. nmcp1

nmcp1

A) Peugeot RCZ '10 (Sport Hard / 207 hp / 414 PP / FF) at Cape Ring Inside

7. Chiochan

Chiochan

I think cape ring inside is the only good cape ring track, and the Renault is great to drive. The light car is sweet too, but that car just screams for triple screen.

8. fastfox400

fastfox400

Sad part dragon is Sports softs on the right car are stickier than Racing hards.

9. Handlebar

Handlebar Premium

If you didn't vote for what you thought was a good idea when you suggested them, then I would wonder what you were thinking when you thought it was good.

Aka - Good Schmiggy!

10. Dragonwhisky

Dragonwhisky Premium

Probably you're right. But, I don't care. Why race if not on racing tires? Not like they cost me anything (directly anyway) out of my wallet. But that's just me, the perpetual back marker.

11. Pichon617

Pichon617

I have a practice lobby open
    1472-6118-4216-8215-1005

12. kcheeb

kcheeb Premium

@zer05ive, fixed.

@Adventuruss points formula in the Directors Doc got messed up somehow, was showing as 0, so he sorted to the bottom of the list. Not sure how it happened, but it's better now :)

SFCjoeMe full points in the Directors Doc were set to .1 but his adjusted points were not. You can do that in column AS if it happens again.

13. hillracing

hillracing

I vote C

14. fastfox400

fastfox400

Come on guys lets break out the rockets..

15. AJKVail

AJKVail

:DI vote P
    Pope Mobile @ Rome!

ThePDTX, OwensRacing and chatva like this.
  16. Dragonwhisky

Dragonwhisky Premium

Am I doing my math's right? 82 drivers hit the grid last Sunday?

Holy smokes Batman!

17. Oshawa-Joe

Oshawa-Joe

I vote for B.

I'm not the man they think I am at home...

18. intoflatlines

intoflatlines

I vote for A.

19. Handlebar

Handlebar Premium

Only almost 20 higher than in GT5, yah... nothing big, nobody has busy here or nuffin'

(pokes @zer05ive, who is sleeping at the keyboard, working on growing SNAIL, but Zer0 falls over onto @kcheeb, who is quietly snoring, his fingers now worn down a full knuckle by all the typing of the epic 'cool data wall' the two can't quite get Clarkson and Hammond to do a promo for... yet. Both continue to snore and drool, but do so with the POWER of a SNAIL!)

Last edited: Jan 9, 2014
  20. zer05ive

zer05ive Premium

I hear you, but after looking into Dvorak, I find myself constantly noticing the Qwerty deficiencies that Dvorak supposedly fixes. For example, every time I type an entire word with one hand or have to use one finger to type multiple letters in succession, I think to myself, "that would never happen with Dvorak!" :lol:

My keyboard of choice is very similar to yours:
    [​IMG]
    My first one is so old that it's a PS/2 keyboard! Once they came out with a USB version, I eventually bought three. One for work, one for work, and one just in case. :)

That's the beauty of the keyboard I just bought. The rows of the keys actually bend to conform to the different lengths of your fingers. Instead of of having straight rows, it has straight columns. This is a superior design because our fingers bend straight down, not down and to the right as most keyboards would have you think. The only reason that keyboards are designed with slanted columns is because they are designed to mimic typewriters, and the first typewriters had to have offset keys so that each key could have a metal arm that connected to the "hammer" that struck the ink ribbon onto the paper. Since that's no longer necessary, having straight columns makes a whole lot more sense than having straight rows. As you can see from the picture below, the user can type without having to shift his hands left and right to match the slanted columns of traditional keyboards:

[​IMG]

DrKronin likes this.
  21. fastfox400

fastfox400

I dont type. I use speak to type.

Handlebar likes this.
  22. Handlebar

Handlebar Premium

Yeah... he's not busy or focused on productivity, not ol' Zer05ive!

:lol:

23. jobyone

jobyone Premium

24. fastfox400

fastfox400

Room still open?

25. Pichon617

Pichon617

Nope I had to step out bro be back in 1hr

26. chatva

chatva (Banned)

My vote is the Renault Megane Trophy Base Model '11 at Fuji / F

27. zer05ive

zer05ive Premium

As TEX said, having the proper wrist position is important. However, if you're using a not using an ergonomic keyboard, just look at the angle that your hands and wrists have to make as you type. That angle you see is one of the things that causes carpal tunnel syndrome. Your hands and wrists want to be in a straight line, not crooked. Make them happy by using an ergonomic keyboard. :)

28. fastfox400

fastfox400

Opening a practice up for the 2 combo's we do know, and the other 3 just so I'm well versed to them.

29. serge19

serge19

Vote C

chatva likes this.
  30. kadoimmortal

kadoimmortal

I vote B