◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,691 comments
Attention!

There seems to be a way to avoid the dreadful GT6 Replay lottery.
I have been doing this for the past couple weeks to test the methods and they seem to be fool proof. Here is a step by step guide as to what needs to happen in the room before saving replays. With the cooperation of all the hosts/directors we should be able to get a full replay bank for this week for our stewards.

The common denominator I have found is time. Average time between when
the room finishes loading from a race to the time a replay should be saved is 2-3 minutes.

Step 1: After the first race the host changes the room to reverse grid.
Step 2: Everyone enters the course when the host gives the all clear(about 1 minute after the room settings have changed)
Step 3: The primary and secondary video uploaders wait until everyone else has entered the course.
St

This procedure may work just fine for your own personal replay but what do you propose we do about a replay that one steward can download and view but it locks up the PS3s of the other stewards? Replay from the same owner working for one user and not for another would not be affected by any of the steps outlined here.

This procedure may work just fine for your own personal replay but what do you propose we do about a replay that one steward can download and view but it locks up the PS3s of the other stewards? Replay from the same owner working for one user and not for another would not be affected by any of the steps outlined here.

Well I know for a fact I followed this exact process last sunday. I know that my replays were downloads for incident review. So did any stewards have any issues downloading my particular replays and loading them on their Ps3's?

I have tested this extensively during the week with my 3 Ps3's and different accounts with over 40 different replays and have not had on single replay freeze my ps3.

Also we are at the point with replays that trying something new wot hurt in my honest opinion. So until PD fixes the issues, We should be adept to trying new things to see if we can get all working replays.

@ExoSphere64 , I can be backup replay uploader for D2. I was 6 for 6 last week on working replays.

Thanks dab!! I have added you to the roster!

If it's ok with @dabneyd I would prefer him as primary replay uploader. I haven't had any luck with my replays from the get go. Gonna try @fastfox400 's method and see how it goes tomorrow.

On a good note I finally got my GTEYE spring! Hopping on for about an hour to try it out for the first time. Let hope the learning curve isn't too drastic!

Well I know for a fact I followed this exact process last sunday. I know that my replays were downloads for incident review. So did any stewards have any issues downloading my particular replays and loading them on their Ps3's?

I have tested this extensively during the week with my 3 Ps3's and different accounts with over 40 different replays and have not had on single replay freeze my ps3.

Also we are at the point with replays that trying something new wot hurt in my honest opinion. So until PD fixes the issues, We should be adept to trying new things to see if we can get all working replays.

Good for you. My statement was that your methods would not have any effect on a working replay that was uploaded to Google Docs then downloaded by a steward and then would work for one steward and not another. It seems there is quite a bit of randomness to the issue.

For the record, I have had issues with replays that you have uploaded to Google Docs.

At this point I have to agree with Fox. While it may or may not be the solution, anything is worth a try at this point. We may be chasing ghosts but anything that could provide a higher percentage of usable replays is worth a try.

@nmcp1 : I will switch the duties and hope that this issue can be resolved in a timely manor.

When I was in junior high, my dad gave me a copy of A Brief History of Time and suggested that I read it. Looking back, what was he thinking?? I was a freakin' kid!!

Ok, did I just watch a Nissan commercial with "Killer Snowmen"???

EDIT, great book. I still have it on the bookcase. Gave me a headache.

Here, let me play the game a little.

4 Challenges for all SNAILs

1. Race Clean, Race Fair.
  2. If you make a mistake, make immediate amends. Make your apologies with your car, on the track.
  3. Submit an Incident Report if numbers 1 and 2 above aren't practiced.
  4. We all know SNAILs are good with post counts. Go here and blow this thread up. It doesn't take long and might be a worthy diversion from what we do here on a weekly basis.

4 more to go.

Here, let me play the game a little.

4 Challenges for all SNAILs

1. Race Clean, Race Fair.
  2. If you make a mistake, make immediate amends. Make your apologies with your car, on the track.
  3. Submit an Incident Report if numbers 1 and 2 above aren't practiced.
  4. We all know SNAILs are good with post counts. Go here and blow this thread up. It doesn't take long and might be a worthy diversion from what we do here on a weekly basis.

4 more to go.

Challenge accepted!

EDIT: went there, time trial, not my cup of tea, thanks anyway.

I think it should be a car that isn't all that, so that would be the Toyota GT86 Base Model @ Mt. Panorama. :sly:

Back