◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,782 comments
On my way: I nabbed it like a hawk grabbing its dinner.

Attention Division 2 Participants

This is a friendly reminder that we race in a friends only room. If you do not
have myself, Fastfox400, or Tcrash15 on your friends list you need to do it asap.
We will not deal with having to leave the racing lobby to accept friend requests
anytime after the formal racing lobby has been made. To ensure you are able to get into the lobby, please make sure you have added us minimum of a 1 hour before the lobby is
set to open. Also please wait to join until you see Tcrash and myself both in the lobby.

So please be diligent to get your friends requests sent to us during the week. Not 15 minutes before race time. Also the room promptly opens @ 9:15pm EST/6:15pm PST. Starting this week if you are not in the room before 9:35pm EST/ 6:15pm PST, you will completely miss out on Combination 1. 20 minutes is plenty of time to get in the room before qualifying. It is unfair to the racers who do manage to get in the room for qualifying to have to start behind those that were unacceptably late. Now if you have connection issues during qualifying that will be addressed at that time with the Director of the room.

To those that have known connection issues. If you are using wireless to your playstation or just have poor service, you need to take steps to rectify the issues. 1 bad seed will just spoil the apple, but 1 bad apple can spoil the whole bunch. What I'm saying is take neccessary steps to take your connection to the best it can be by going with a wired connection. Also prior to entering the lobby, reset your internet modem, clear your system cache, along with making sure other devices our not using you internet connection.

If you are having connections issues, and cant get in lobby, we will not wait. We will promptly be starting this week @ 9:35pm EST/6:35pm PST. There is no exceptions. The time waiting this past week is extremely unacceptable. Too those who lag out you will have 3 minutes to join the room if it happened while reloading the room. If you lag out during the race you will recieve last place points.

Here is the shakedown of how Sunday will shake down.
Enter the room between 9:18pm/6:18pm to 9:28pm/6:28pm.
At 9:35pm/6:35pm Tcrash will tell everyone to get on track. This means go sit in turn one and make sure you can see everyone in the lobby. If everyone can see everyone Tcrash will start the qualifier. This will go on for every single race and every single reversed grid race.

Tcrash and I appreciate the cooperation of everyone to stream line Sunday night
league in Division 2. Just so we are clear racing will start promptly @ 9:35pm EST/6:35pm PST. No exceptions, no excuses.

A got a few words for the league. Last nite I saw some unrespectful ambiance in a late practice room against some racers (2) . I would like to say, for who like to make drama, kidding people, be the 1st to say shut up to every1 when you want or turn some words or a conversation for kidding people when you think you are a king. Be careful with anybody because behind your screen its easy. I wasn't pointing at someone but to make a point clear. Next time, think twice before saying shut up to someone you didnt see at least 1 time in your life. Im gonna race tonight and I'll practice in a bit. Cya around snailers:gtpflag:

@swg,
Thanks for your interest!
We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by midnight EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 or 7' based off your placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

Test complete and time submitted. :)
I don't expect to make it into tonights race and as I havent had a chance to practice the planned events its probably better that way. :)
Quick questions regarding number/color preference. With custom rims being bugged and stock rims mostly non paintable I assume rim color is a moot point and that stock rims should always be used since custom rims can effect performance correct?

We're running in a Friend's Only room tonight. The main host is Skills_19657 and I'm the backup host cmbeal317. Please make sure your friends with both of us. I'll send you a FR right away.

Car list and combos for tonight - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/◆-s-n-a-i-l-spec-racing-for-all-skill-levels-presented-by-allen-berg-racing-schools-spots-open.235094/#post-6329112

Just wondering as this will be my first week racing... Do I need to be friends with someone specific on PSN for Division 6?

Looks like I'm not going to make tonight's event.

I apologize for the late notice, but I was hoping to get some time to prepare today, but that's not gonna happen.

Good luck...have fun...see ya next week.

Edit...congrats to AG07 for the win in the Buttkicker Challenge !!!

Last edited:

Congratulations to Nick McMillen..
From Virtual to Reality..
From S.N.A.I.L. to GT Academy Champion!!

nick-mcmillen-podium-ceremony-win-638x425.jpg

From left to right:
Christopher Hill (Runner-Up), Nick McMillen (Champion), Brian Marsteller (3rd Place)

Congrats to all the SNAILs who advanced to the GT Academy Silverstone finals!
iEdDnsw.jpg

From left to right:
Martin Sprau, Dan Reude, Brian Marsteller, Joey Barbato, Nick McMillen, Doug Hawkins, Christopher Hill

Click the logo below for details on the Allen Berg Racing Schools Challenge!!

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L.
Our mission is to provide our members with the cleanest and most competitive racing experience possible with minimal prep time required. No matter what your skill level is, we will provide you with a full grid of similarly-skilled drivers to compete against. It's our belief that close racing is not only exciting, but is also the best way to improve your skill and refine your racecraft! We have our official league night every Sunday night at 9:30pm Eastern / 6:30pm Pacific (we also have a new West Coast time slot starting at 9pm Pacific!!), but we also have a full schedule of events held on every night of the week. If this sounds like something you'd like to be a part of, please keep reading to learn more about our league and how to join us.

What Makes Us Different
There are five things that we offer that you won't find anywhere else. First of all, we provide our members with the most evenly-matched competition possible. In fact, the intense level of competition that we produce has established S.N.A.I.L. as an ideal place to prepare for GT Academy. And if you like to keep track of your improvement, you'll be glad to know that we keep the most comprehensive race data available on GTPlanet. On top of that, if you like to have a say in what cars and tracks you race, we feature an interactive process that allows your voice to be heard. And finally, we're the only league where our members win valuable prizes just for showing up to race! What more could you ask for?!

Evenly-Matched Competition
Have you ever watched a professional race where drivers with completely different skill levels were competing on the same track? Of course not! That wouldn't be fun to watch, let alone fun to participate in. Unfortunately, that disparity of pace is something you'll often find in organized online racing. When this happens, you'll be lucky to just a few drivers that you're truly competitive with. Everyone else will usually either be faster or slower than you. We prevent that from happening in S.N.A.I.L. by dividing our drivers into six separate divisions based on speed and skill. This results in full grids of evenly-matched competition and creates the closest and most intense sim racing experience around!

Preparation for GT Academy
If you have your eye on competing in GT Academy one day, there is no better place than S.N.A.I.L. to hone your skills to the elite levels necessary to make it to the finals. You need to be the best of the best to make it to Silverstone, and that's exactly what the drivers in our top division are. Half of this year's GT Academy Silverstone Finalists race in S.N.A.I.L. (click here if you want advice directly from one of them). However, even if you don't aspire to win GT Academy someday, it's still great to be able to get tips and advice from many of the best drivers around. Regardless if you're a professional racer or a casual gamer, we can provide you with the perfect environment to learn and get faster!

Win Valuable Prizes
Have you ever wished you could win free stuff just for having fun? If so, then you might want to know that our members win valuable real-world prizes just for racing with us! These prize are based on participation and not on race results. Some examples of prizes our members have won include a GranStand Cockpit, a ButtKicker Gamer2, a GranStand Wheel Stand, and a Wireless ButtKicker Kit. And if you want to help organize our league, you can join TEAM S.N.A.I.L. and earn even more prizes such as shirts (e.g. S.N.A.I.L. shirt, F1 shirt, GT Academy shirt), electronic/gaming hardware (e.g. Hauppauge PVR), sim racing equipment (e.g. Playseat Evolution), and other Gran Turismo related items (e.g. GTPEDIA).

Spec Racing
S.N.A.I.L. was the first GTPlanet league to prohibit tuning in all of our races. This combined with the fact that we race in the same cars produces a type of racing called "spec" racing. Spec racing ensures that success is determined solely by driving skill and not by differences in car power, gearing, suspension, weight, or aerodynamics. Because variables in the car are eliminated, spec racing is the truest measure of driver skill! It also produces intense battles for position because all of the cars are equally strong or weak in the same areas of the track. Another benefit of spec racing is that you'll never spend time tuning cars or wondering if someone is truly faster than you or if they just have a better tune.

Race Format
Our league night lasts for two hours and is split into three rounds. Each round consists of two races that last 10 to 12 minutes on a predetermined car and track combo. At the beginning of each round, a brief qualifying session determines the order of the starting grid. The first race is set to 'Fastest First' to reward the best qualifiers and the second race is set to 'Reverse Grid' in order to promote on-track action. Points are awarded based on our "perfect" points system. After a round is completed, we move on to the next round and repeat the same process with the next car and track combination. Once all three rounds are complete, we tally up the points and then let our interactive format kick in.

Interactive Process
Our unique format allows everyone to have a say on which cars and tracks we race. It is also used to strike a balance between familiarity and variety of cars and tracks. In other words, the progression of cars and tracks that we race is slow enough for us to learn them well, but fast enough that they don't get "old". At the end of league night, everyone votes on which car and track combo they enjoyed the least. The combo that receives the most "elimination votes" is dropped from the lineup entirely. The combo that receives the second most votes is also dropped, but only partially. This is where our prizes play an important role in our interactive format.

Prizes
A prize is awarded to the divisions winners with the three highest scores. The division winner with the highest score gets Prize A. The division winner with the second highest score gets Prize B. The division winner with the third highest score gets Prize C: (NOTE: The three prize winners' votes do not count towards the car/track elimination vote)
Prize A: The right to select the new car and track combo to replace the combo that was voted off
Prize B: The right to replace either the car or the track of the combo that received the second most votes
Prize C: The tie-breaking vote if the elimination vote results in a tie

Promotion and Relegation
Although we split our drivers into separate divisions based on performance and skill level, we realize that our drivers are constantly improving and deserve a chance to climb the ladder of success. That's why we promote and relegate drivers before every season based on the results and data compiled during the previous season. This is also done to ensure that our races are as competitive as possible for all of our league members, top to bottom. Regardless of which division you're in, you will almost always be fighting to gain or defend a position on the track. Simply put, no other Gran Turismo league in the world can offer this much competitive racing to so many different skill levels.

Comprehensive Race Data
It's not always accurate to promote and relegate drivers based on championship points alone. That's why the massive amounts of data we track are invaluable to our league. You'd be hard-pressed to find a sim racing league anywhere in the world that tracks driver data and race results more comprehensively than we do. In fact, our S.N.A.I.L. Results document contains so much information that we have to archive old data to avoid exceeding the GoogleDoc's maximum capacity! You can use this data to track the points championship for each season and compare yourself to other drivers in categories such as fast laps, total race pace, total points, average points per race, and power rankings.

Rules
We expect all drivers to follow our OLR Rules and pursue good racecraft at all times. If you're not sure what good racecraft is, watch this video. It can be summed up in one simple 'Golden Rule' of motorsports: It is the responsibility of the overtaking driver, meaning the car that is attempting to execute the pass, to make sure that the pass is made cleanly and incident free. If you don't agree with this rule or don't think it applies to you, this is not the league for you. If you ever feel like a driver is not following the rules, please wait until league night is over, then file a Racing Incident Report. Our Stewards will review the incident and enforce the appropriate penalty on the driver in question.

Settings
All league settings are default unless noted below:
Boost: Off
Penalty: Weak (and Effective for Free Run) in Divisions 2-5. (Penalties OFF for D1 only)
Race Finish Delay: 90sec
Visible Damage: Off
Mechanical Damage: Light
Slipstream Strength: Real
Tire Wear/Fuel Consumption: Normal
Grip Reduction: Real
Vehicle Tuning: Prohibited
Driving Aids: Only ABS allowed in Divisions 1-4. (ABS, TCS, and Driving Line are allowed in Division 5 only)
Tire Restrictions: (based on Dealership PP)
Street Cars
below 450 PP -> Sports Hards
450-499 PP ---> Sports Mediums
500 PP & up --> Sports Softs

Race Cars
below 600 PP -> Racing Hards
600 PP & up --> Racing Mediums

Tuner Cars
Classified as either Street or Race cars based on this list

How To Join Us
Step 1: Post a request to join (do not PM me, just post your request on this thread)
Step 2: Watch the thread for a reply to your post (it will include detailed Time Trial instructions)
Step 3: Purchase the three cars listed in the latest lineup below
Step 4: Get an oil change on each car, but do not do anything else to the car (e.g. add parts or reduce weight)
Step 5: On Sunday night, join the room number of division you're are assigned. It will be posted on this thread 15 minutes before the races start.
If you are not sure which division you are assigned to, please check the Offical Driver List

swg
Quick questions regarding number/color preference. With custom rims being bugged and stock rims mostly non paintable I assume rim color is a moot point and that stock rims should always be used since custom rims can effect performance correct?

Supposedly, the rim bug only affects cars with different sized wheels on the front than the back. Personally, I've been keeping the stock rims unless I see that someone else is running custom rims without problems. I'll let someone else do the experiment :) The Mustang GT500, for example, was fine with custom rims.

So it's up to you. If you think you're running times that are just as good with the custom rims, go ahead and use them. I'm crossing my fingers that PD will fix this soon so I can run my chrome red rims on everything :cool:

Hi, I was interested in joining SNAIL....grandstand_bill told me about this and it sounded really interesting. Please let me know what I would need to do.
@Steve Spring,
Thanks for your interest!
We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by midnight EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 or 7' based off your placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

swg
Test complete and time submitted. :)
I don't expect to make it into tonights race and as I havent had a chance to practice the planned events its probably better that way. :)
I've been on all stock wheels for GT6 so far due to this. I don't have the time to research whether a certain exact car comes stock with a staggered setup (assuming GT6 exactly follows these specs) nor do I have the time to do a bunch of laps with stock vs. aftermarket, and even then I'm too inconsistent to definitively attribute lap time differences to the wheels. Personally, I'll just wait until there's confirmation that this glitch is resolved. Hopefully it's soon!

I'm on division 4 and would like to race tonight! Were is the car list and What rooms?

We're running in a Friend's Only room tonight. The main host is Skills_19657 and I'm the backup host cmbeal317. Please make sure your friends with both of us. I'll send you a FR right away.

Car list and combos for tonight - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/◆-s-n-a-i-l-spec-racing-for-all-skill-levels-presented-by-allen-berg-racing-schools-spots-open.235094/#post-6329112

Hey DMacs13,

You were moved to the inactive list as we'd not seen you on track. I missed this post by you last week, my apologies. If there's room in D4, there shouldn't be an issue getting you on track. However if the room is full, you'll have to wait for next week, okay?

@cmbeal317 does that sound alright with you?

@JLBowler can you move DMacs13 to Division 4 please? Thanks!

@Oshawa-Joe can you move DMacs13 to Division 4 please? Thanks!

Thanks,

kcheeb

D3 Participants:

Our lobby tonight will be an open one as I don't have half of you on my friends list and it's getting late now so I will have beside me the list of our division players so I can invite to leave anyone who doesn't belong there.
See you all tonight reminding you that our room will be open 40 minutes before racing time.
Cheers.

Do we have any lap time info available?

Last edited:
D3 Participants:

Our lobby tonight will be an open one as I don't have half of you on my friends list and it's getting late now so I will have beside me the list of our division players so I can invite to leave anyone who doesn't belong there.
See you all tonight reminding you that our room will be open 40 minutes before racing time.
Cheers.

Do we have any lap time info available?

Combo 1: 2:13's in D2
Combo 2: 1:17's in D2
Combo 3: 1:29's in D2

I've been on all stock wheels for GT6 so far due to this. I don't have the time to research whether a certain exact car comes stock with a staggered setup (assuming GT6 exactly follows these specs) nor do I have the time to do a bunch of laps with stock vs. aftermarket, and even then I'm too inconsistent to definitively attribute lap time differences to the wheels. Personally, I'll just wait until there's confirmation that this glitch is resolved. Hopefully it's soon!

Not to turn this into a general gt6 thread but I've noticed certain cars heavily affected. Similar times are possible but wear will increase and the car becomes MUCH more slippery. Just figured that since league races focus on everyone driving identical cars that doing anything, including wheel changes, that could effect performance would be frowned upon.

So, slight chance again of racing tonight. Miracles never cease. I race so infrequently that I really don't have time to run the time trial again.

I would recommend throwing me in D3 or D2. I can buy the cars and throw oil changes on them but I just don't have practice time as usual. So I might be mid pack in D2 or 3.

If 9:30 comes around and I can race, where should I go? (Besides the usual snarky responses, that is).

Back