◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,748 comments
To elaborate on chatva's response. You can't do anything to the car that would prevent it from entering a tuning prohibited room. Removing the wing, adding a wing, adding side panels, adding flat floors, or adding any of the extra parts that some cars have available would prohibit you from entering a tuning prohibited room so they are not allowed. Changing wheels, changing brake balance, and changing torque distribution on cars that have that ability standard is allowed. At least I think the torque balance still goes. It was acceptable in GT5 but I haven't checked it out in GT6.

Pertaining to the AEM S2000 that was picked at Suzuka... can you adjust things that are stock for this car such as:

Ride Height, Brake Balance, Limited Slip Dif, Downforce ?

Thanks in advance,
Jesse

Pertaining to the AEM S2000 that was picked at Suzuka... can you adjust things that are stock for this car such as:

Ride Height, Brake Balance, Limited Slip Dif, Downforce ?

Thanks in advance,
Jesse

No.

The car must hit the track as it is bought from the dealership. You can change the rims and paint them. You can change the oil. You can perform the engine rebuild. You can perform the chassis restoration. The tuning prohibited setting will prevent you from entering the room if you change any of the settings on the tuning page outside brake balance. At present, since there is no way to enforce not changing it, you can adjust the brake balance. That is all.

Oh yeah, I have reviewed, or attempted to review, every incident I am allowed to review.

No.

The car must hit the track as it is bought from the dealership. You can change the rims and paint them. You can change the oil. You can perform the engine rebuild. You can perform the chassis restoration. The tuning prohibited setting will prevent you from entering the room if you change any of the settings on the tuning page outside brake balance. At present, since there is no way to enforce not changing it, you can adjust the brake balance. That is all.

Oh yeah, I have reviewed, or attempted to review, every incident I am allowed to review.

On cars that come with adjustable suspensions does the lobby "know" that youve adjusted the settings? Just curious as I always asumed it just blocked adding after market mods, suspension transmission ect. Based on the fact that you can change brake balance without breaking tuning rules.

swg
On cars that come with adjustable suspensions does the lobby "know" that youve adjusted the settings? Just curious as I always asumed it just blocked adding after market mods, suspension transmission ect. Based on the fact that you can change brake balance without breaking tuning rules.

Yes it does know. Try it. Open a room, set it tuning prohibited. Go change one thing, aero, spring rate, transmission gear, just one point will do it, and try to enter the track.

Can we change any thing that is available if the is stock?

To elaborate on chatva's response. You can't do anything to the car that would prevent it from entering a tuning prohibited room. Removing the wing, adding a wing, adding side panels, adding flat floors, or adding any of the extra parts that some cars have available would prohibit you from entering a tuning prohibited room so they are not allowed. Changing wheels, changing brake balance, and changing torque distribution on cars that have that ability standard is allowed. At least I think the torque balance still goes. It was acceptable in GT5 but I haven't checked it out in GT6.

I only had to go back one page. I bet this thread would be 10,000 posts lighter if more folks would do a little reading.

Edit: Ninja'd by others.

I believe its AMUSE instead AEM.
Am'I correct?

It is, in fact, AEM. It's the only car in their dealership.

That actually looks like a really good upgrade but I think I'll try it as it comes first. Does that void the warranty?

Yes, it technically voids the warranty. Maybe it's a good idea to use it a few days first just to make sure it's all good first, but from what I've been told of Logitech's support, I doubt it would really be a problem. I don't think they would even check. Also, most people that do need to use the warranty end up using it because of problems with the wheel, not the pedals.

It's a really good wheel, and the GTeye spring makes it even better.

OK. Any one interested in some racing? Maybe short endure or something?

I'm playing the PD sponsored "replay lottery" (credit to DragonWhisky for naming the game). After an afternoon of winning, I'm losing badly right now.

As far as the warranty with Logitech goes, I wouldn't worry about anything you do to your wheel that can be undone. Replacing a spring can be undone easily. Inverting pedals can be undone easily. Just make sure you keep any parts you remove or replace so you can send them back.

I have review all I can reviewed at this point. Got all but one viewable and done. The last one has locked up the PS3 five straight times. I may try it again later or tomorrow.

Last edited:
The AEM S2000 is Sport Softs, right, @JLBowler ?

(Thanks - my forum searching isn't where it ought to be, apologies)

OK, we don't constantly bounce off the limiter at Monza. I faintly hope drivers will brake a bit earlier when drafting at 130+ mph and heading towards a hard corner on Sport Medium tires. Experience suggests not, but I guess the thoughtful testing put in my @Jakedog23 will steer us to good and close racing.

I am even less sure about the AEM S2000 drift car in the North American dealerships at Suzuka. At least it isn't on the Comfort Softs it comes with. 👍

I guess it is "an opportunity to excel in potentially adverse conditions, sir!"

Last edited:
Back