Open ◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Presented by ButtKicker: Feel What You've Been Missing

Discussion in 'SNAIL Racing League' started by zer05ive, Dec 13, 2011.

1. fastfox400

fastfox400

Anyone up for some late night practice?

2. Jakedog23

Jakedog23

This part...

Attached Files:

3. intoflatlines

intoflatlines

@jobyone makes the banners, we provide the pictures.

4. Jakedog23

Jakedog23

Ok got it.

5. Dragonwhisky

Dragonwhisky Premium

While I won't presume to speak for @jobyone , he wears a few hats for SNAIL and might like some help with those banners.

ExoSphere64 likes this.
  6. Jakedog23

Jakedog23

If he needs help I could take care of the pictures.

7. swg

swg

Curious what division your running? I've managed the 2:10 in the s2000, its a quick car. But havent managed to beat 2:08 in the hyundai. Shes just so slow on the straights. You have to take every bit of curb you can in the chicanes to get under 2:09. Turn's 1 n 2 make or break your lap.

Edit: forgot to do oil change :) 2:07 no problem now.

Predicting patience and throttle control will win suzuka, lots of spin outs and angry drivers.
    Monza will be like the battle of midway, divebombers everywhere, lots of penalties.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
  8. chatva

chatva (Banned)

I Tested both cars and they are great, yes at Monza you can't drive in deep and expect a good outcome but slow your entry and keep a little throttle while braking will allow faster and smoother corners!
    At Suzuka you can brake deep but be beware of baking/accelerating while starting/completing a turn!!, throttle will be, no IS! your control!

kcheeb and Jakedog23 like this.
  9. fastfox400

fastfox400

Did some quick testing ant 2:08s at monza are easy. they may even be a 2:07 there. I have to find a brake balance that works the best first.

Now i really wish people would test the cars better. Using a drift car to race is not going to promote close racing at all. Its inherit nature is to understeer. With understeer and throttle you get oversteer. Poorly chose combination in my opinion. But 2:08's are doable.

Handlebar and Daniel Pinho like this.
  10. hillracing

hillracing

Had fun tonight in the practice room trying out the new combos. Chatva and I had a great battle at Suzuka. Hope to actually make the grid this Sunday. Was all ready to race last Sunday when I got a bunch of phone calls that I had to take. Was bummed to miss it. For what it's worth I saw 2:06s at Monza and 2:07s at Suzuka. The S2000 is a fun car. It's weird but it's actually better on SS than RH or at least for my driving style.

11. mopar440

mopar440

Turning More Cars If Anyone Wants Join me

12. zer05ive

zer05ive Premium

Lineup updated. :tup:

13. Azure Flare

Azure Flare (Banned)

I am so happy!

14. mopar440

mopar440

so many people are looking into joining the IROC night? I got the 78 Trans Am, in the 70 Nova all tuned I'll updated you all on the tunes tomorrow. surprisingly the 78 Trans Am is the fastest out of the bunch of cars I picked :lol::cheers:

15. turnupdaheat

turnupdaheat

A 2:05 is definately possible with a good run at Monza. Getting the right angle of attack at the chicanes and generally carrying as much momentum onto the long straights is key. I managed a 2:06.196 but left a little behind on that particular lap.

16. chatva

chatva (Banned)

I saw Tex get a 2:04.9xx at Monza during a race!!! :bowdown:

17. turnupdaheat

turnupdaheat

Nice! Any slipstream assistance?

18. Handlebar

Handlebar Premium

I'd imagine he probably had some draft if they were racing, but @TEX36 can be pretty fast in some combos! :tup:

19. TEX36

TEX36 Premium

Thank you, kind Sir, you may arise.
    However, it must be confessed that the Boost was left on by the Host. I'm sure that had more to do with it than my Superior abilities ......... which are very questionable at times.

chatva likes this.
  20. fastfox400

fastfox400

I did some runs this morning and 2:05's are possible at monza. Bested a 2:06.2. Can also hit 2:06's at suzuka. Best of a 2:07.4

21. Sharkb8ii

Sharkb8ii

Me (of all people) was hitting 2:07s at monza, so I'm encouraged and excited about Sunday night

chatva likes this.
  22. intoflatlines

intoflatlines

Yes I accidentally had Boost set to Weak for the first race. I was wondering how I was able to keep up with the leaders so easily.

23. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

Points Of Interest

[​IMG]
    Autodromo Nazionale Monza was constructed in 1922 in the area around Monza Italy and was first added to the GT series for GT5. The track has used multiple layouts over its long history including a 10km layout that used the current course along with the oval loop. The cars would run parallel to each other down the front straight, one lane on the current track and one lane on the oval loop to the inside of the current track. Track position is at a premium as the best opportunities to make passes are under heavy braking and will cost both drivers time when completing a pass. If possible, it is best to make passes coming out of the tight corners on the long straights.
    Track boundaries are always an issue at Monza because the track is so narrow and the turns are so tight in the two chicanes and Ascari. When you combine this with the extra room beyond the rumble strips that is there only for the safety of F1 drivers, you have a possibility for mayhem. Remember that the rumble strip constitutes the edge of the track and you must keep at least two tires on the track at all times. Based on the history of this track in S.N.A.I.L., you can bet that someone will be watching to be sure you stay in the track. Any painted area of the track is off limits as well.

[​IMG]

Suzuka Circuit is a real world course located in Japan. The 18 turns present a challenging layout with quite a few opportunities for overtaking. Turn 1 is a prime spot to pull up alongside and make a pass. The esses that follow require a certain rhythym to get through quickly. Turn 8 and 9 are a high speed section that can be used to set up a move in the hairpin (11). The spoon curve (13,14) is a corner that requires an optimum line to carry speed onto the back straight. Attempting a pass in the spoon will most likely cost you and your opponent quite a bit of time but it can be done. Turn 15 can be taken flat out in some cars or with just a lift off the gas. The triangle at the end of the course is your last chance to make a pass but you must be careful as the course is quite narrow through this section.
    Track boundaries are pretty straight forward at Suzuka. Wherever there is a rumble strip or curb, it serves as the edge of the track. In the absence of a rumble strip, a change in the pavement (painted or otherwise) serves as your boundary.

[​IMG]

Brands Hatch is a circuit new to the Gran Turismo series. When constructed in the 1950’s, the track was originally paved with cinder blocks. It wasn’t long before those were paved over with a tarmac surface. Some of the cinder blocks are still visible upon the exit of turn 2 and turn 4. There is a rumble strip between the tarmac surface and the cinder blocks that designates the edge of the track. Turn one is a tricky corner as the track falls out from under you as you go through the corner. Turn two is a harpin at the top of the hill and can provide a very good pass opportunity. You then head downhill to turn 3. Watch the exit as it’s pretty easy to push wide here. Turn four is key for carrying speed down the straight. Turns 5, 6, and 7 make up a big left hand circle for the most part. Turn 8 is a left hander that leads back into the natural amphitheater that is the setting for the main grandstand and the run back up a hill to turn 9 followed by the front straight.
    Remember, it’s always the rumble strips that mark the edge of the track. The area beyond a rumble strip, no matter what it’s paved with, is out of bounds and driving out there is subject to having a penalty issued by the stewards. When there is no rumble strip, always keep two tires on the tarmac racing surface as any change in pavement serves as the edge of the track.

24. Troggy

Troggy

Great, I'm going to be cursing Lesmos this week and my wife is going to give me dirty looks.

25. turnupdaheat

turnupdaheat

In 2006 I went to the Italian GP at Monza and the scariest thing I saw was the old banked section of track they raced on up to 1961.

[​IMG]

Not a place you'd want a blow out.

She'd be giving you dirtier looks if you were trying to maneuver around lesbos!

26. chatva

chatva (Banned)

just enter in 3rd, keep as close to the inside and off throttle until you see the orange gaurd rail!

simracejesse likes this.
  27. chuyler1

chuyler1 Premium

zer05ive and TEX36 like this.
  28. Rallywagon

Rallywagon Premium

Hey Bowler, and @zer05ive check this out... https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...nly-functional-in-career-arcade-modes.297413/
    Seems maybe the brakes aren't an issue. Damn glitches... Or in this case. Good glitches...

29. fastfox400

fastfox400

@Rallywagon This isnt a good glitch. As it also effects ABS. Practicing with the Genesis I was able to lock up all 4 tires with a little under 50% brakes applied ABS on 1. With ABS on 10 it locked all 4 wheels up with right @ 50% pedal pressure. As soon as i turned ABS off it took close to 80% pedal pressure before all 4 tires locked up.

There is also a timing glitch with qualifying online. You can qualify first, but it doesnt mean you will start on the pole.

30. daddyo845

daddyo845

What cars on what tracks on what tires are we running?