◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,782 comments
Please send me a PM. :confused:
My comment there is simply to replace a comment I made about your comment that, after typing it, I didn't feel was a proper comment to be made in public.

Thank you very much. I got you in the right spot last week.

You guys should read this book.

0446394599.jpg

Last edited:
I would like to join.
@autoximpreza,
Thanks for your interest!
We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by midnight EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 or 7' based off your placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

Do you all really think that the s2000 is that bad? I must be a bit masochistic then, cause I enjoy it. With CS tires, it does not drive or drift well. But with SS I found it very nice. There is a sweet spot that if you can keep it in, the car neutral steers like a dream. However, I can see how "grip" drivers have issues. The more traction you try to keep, the more unforgiving it gets. Becomes very unstable in every step of a corner. DS3 racers will probably be at a disadvantage. Foot discipline is essential to this car. Especially if you are able to utilize neutral steer. I even think Suzuka is an excellent track for this car. The flowing corners went well with the fluid nature this car should be driven with. I'm not even a fan really of Suzuka, and I enjoyed it with the S2000. But then, maybe my ID suggests at why that may be.

I have to say I like the S2000. At first it is a handful but once you figure out it's sweet spot it's a blast. It's a car that isn't forgiving of early throttle or super late braking but if you're SMOOTH with your inputs it actually behaves pretty good. Really hope nothing gets in the way of my racing this Sunday because I like the combos and hopefully will be competitive unlike 2 weeks ago.

Greetings, im interested in joining
Skills should be along shortly for the official welcome message. In the meantime, please take a look at the first and second post for almost all the information you might need to get started with SNAIL.

As for that S2000, I love that car. This is almost guaranteed to make it a one and done combo. :(
Hadn't spun a wheel on that car and before taking it out tonight, after reading how everyone said it behaves, I set the brake balance to 7/2. Felt a little pushy to me so set it at 6/3. Excepting for some crazy brake oversteer in the second part of Degner, the car rotates well under light trail braking and has very manageable throttle steering response. I managed a PB at 1:08.5xx and think I could do better, but it will likely take one of those "magic" laps we all hunt for.

Hot lapping the S2000 isn't bad. However I'm not looking forward to reverse-grid racing this with DS3 drivers in front of me. Turn 1 under braking is rough. The esses are great. The problem area in this car is Denger curve (turns 8-9). A quick tap of the brakes and turn in gets the car lined up to slide through the apex, but when you get back on the gas, it's easy to increase the slide too much.

The Hyundai isn't much fun. Any quick lap I put down involved 4 tires over the white line. Since I race with bumper cam its hard to know exactly where that is and the game doesn't penalize you when you have 4 wheels on the rumble strips. I assume we need two wheels inside the white line boundaries right?

The Rocket is still my favorite and after about 20 laps tonight I was able to work out some brake zones and gearing to get my first 1:29. Not sure if I'll pull that off during the race but knowing a few more turns a little better should give me some passing opportunities.

Greetings, im interested in joining
@TeamEdge702,
We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by midnight EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 or 7' based off your placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Hey guys, I'm definitely interested in joining up as well. Still reading through the first few posts now...
@Rockhound18,

Hot lapping the S2000 isn't bad. However I'm not looking forward to reverse-grid racing this with DS3 drivers in front of me. Turn 1 under braking is rough. The esses are great. The problem area in this car is Denger curve (turns 8-9). A quick tap of the brakes and turn in gets the car lined up to slide through the apex, but when you get back on the gas, it's easy to increase the slide too much.

The Hyundai isn't much fun. Any quick lap I put down involved 4 tires over the white line. Since I race with bumper cam its hard to know exactly where that is and the game doesn't penalize you when you have 4 wheels on the rumble strips. I assume we need two wheels inside the white line boundaries right?

The Rocket is still my favorite and after about 20 laps tonight I was able to work out some brake zones and gearing to get my first 1:29. Not sure if I'll pull that off during the race but knowing a few more turns a little better should give me some passing opportunities.
TRACK EDGE RULES.
B:
Two wheels (except when airborne, where the vertical projection of the car onto the track counts) must be in contact with the track/circuit which includes the rumble strips and footpaths, but not grassed areas.

I haven't been online since Sunday and I already feel like I'm coming back from a hiatus. Only thing I've done this week was gold that Toyota concept car... it felt like I was braking the whole lap- not a fan of cars feel like that (ehhem.....bugatti.....cough).

I admit I'm a big complainer when we get this ultra slippery cars in our combos but I must say I'm pretty surprised with this S2000... It's actually a preety smooth ride, breaks very well and has very good handling. She just doesn't like pushy throttle at the exits.

TRACK EDGE RULES.
B:
Two wheels (except when airborne, where the vertical projection of the car onto the track counts) must be in contact with the track/circuit which includes the rumble strips and footpaths, but not grassed areas.
What exactly in the game counts as a footpath? is that those road things on the wall side of the sand traps?

I don't know what this "sweet spot" you guys speak of is but I definitely haven't found it.

The only "sweet spot" I can think of with this car would be in between the jaws of a crusher. :ouch:

Some day you will appreciate cars that go where you point them I promise ;)

The car is a joy to drive compared to the understeering pigs we've had recently. Subie (BRZ and wrx), GT-R, 380RS I'm looking at you. The 380RS wanted so badly to handle well, but it just couldn't let go of that pushy tendency. The others were complete sleds.

Slow down your hands, and steer with your feet. All will be well :)

Sometimes the Professional Drivers, in events all around the world, are given cars that just do not feel right, handle right, or (fill in the blank) ........ yet they learn the car, it's characteristics and "find a way to win". The Best seem to be always up front even if they don't win. Working "with the crew" has always had better results than kicking and screaming at the owner, etc. I'm just sayin'.

Chiochan
TRACK EDGE RULES.
B:
Thanks, to be clear, the following cars are not breaking the rule, correct?

90tf.jpg

AutodromoNazionaleMonza_2.jpg

y643.jpg

But what about this shot? All 4 wheels inside the candy stripes, I don't think the game will serve a penalty, and the wheels technically aren't on the grass.

jj6c.jpg

I'm still learning the correct lines for racing and still new to the wheel. But yesterday I managed to put in a decent lap time with the s2000. Went from 2:16s to 2:14s which is an improvement for me. Those practice replays helped.

Ok D3 peeps... It is now official that next Sunday our room will be set as "friends only". Tonight I'll run my list againt to make sure everysingle one of you is on my friends list and if someone's missing I will send the FR.

THERE'S NO RACING LIKE D3 RACING

Back