◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,695 comments
I found this page that says certain port forwarding settings might be needed to be modified in your router for better online gameplay: http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt6/manual/#!/onlinerace/portfowarding

Try this: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/playstation-dmz-connection-tutorial.272449/

It's basically using a static ip for your ps3, and then enable DMZ for that particular ip on your router page.

All ports should be open after that, but there is no firewall protection anymore for that ip.

Last edited:
(Wish I could have helped you - I was turning TV over to my wife)

I hope for Caterham, but only since I don't constantly spin it out compared to the X-Bow. Took me awhile to get the hang of the Caterham, but I'm sure I'll eventually, someday, figure out the X-Bow.

Hi! I'm new to GTP but I have been doing Gran Turismo for a while.

PSN/ GTP ID: Neovre

Please sign me up for the league. Not sure where I should go in terms of division. I just want regular intense racing and maybe a better chance at GT Academy ;)

Please sign me up for the league. Not sure where I should go in terms of division. I just want regular intense racing and maybe a better chance at GT Academy ;)

P.S. sorry for double posting

Anyone want to do some testing with me? If so the room number is 1472-6399-8665-9408-2473
Also bring the Caterham and X-Bow with you cause that's where I've narrowed my selection

Of the two I would say X-bow. We have used the Caterham before. Great car with incorrect gearing. Amazingly lasted 5 weeks. But some of that had to do more with the other combos not being ideal if I remember correctly.

Of course if you go with the x-bow that means 3 MR cars for next week. Also the x bow and rocket are similar in concept and PP.

I am not trying to criticize your choices just pointing out the similarities and that we have run the other car before. I actually like both cars.

I want diversity.. Another open wheeled car that likes to spin @ track with massive amount low speed corners.. Fantastic!

Oh Yea! @fizzer the ferrari is a great drive.. Already no my vote.. <----This is not sarcasm

I am risking getting my ass chewed, but where are the replays uploaded to so I may view them?

The replays are uploaded for the stewards to use only. If you need a replay from a race you should see if anyone will upload it to you personally.

@Neovre,
Thanks for your interest!
We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by midnight EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

Speaking of snow, I'm on the runway about to take off from Denver and head back home. Just wrapped up an awesome vacation at Steamboat where I rode fresh powder and taught my daughter how to ski. Nothing quite as rewarding as that combo. :D

To top it all of, I stopped by Vail on the way back to Denver and enjoyed an epic breakfast with @AJKVail. Other than the guys I started the league with, he's the first SNAIL I've had the opportunity to meet in person. We tried to get @Skills to meet up with is too, but he had a scheduling conflict (we'll get you next time, Skills!)

Alan, thanks for taking the time to meet up with me and thanks so much for your hospitality. Next time we meet up, it'll be on the slopes! :)
This may sound like an echo to some of you in the know, it was a great pleasure to meet zer0, his beautiful wife and daughter and the infectious smile and energy of his sister! Thanks for making the time zer0!

Tyler... think... think... think... think....think... think... bring us a caaaaaaaaaar.... Pleeeeeeeeeeeeease.......

... Puting pressure on combo choices? Me??? Nooooooooooooo:mischievous:

to change the subject a bit.
we were making shapes out of play do, so here is one of them. i thought this came out decent enough to share.

TURBO-PlayDo.jpg

What kind of times are you guys seeing with the dino so far? I've put in a few practice laps but feel like the car is capable of much more than I've pushed it to.

Edit: right now I'm at mid 2:14's which should be easily repeatable. Guessing my best lap might be around 2:12 - 2:13 depending on how comfortable I can get with the car. She can be a little touchy with a ds3.

And I'd pay good money for a shorter 5th gear. That things a pig.

Last edited:
I was surprised the Dino holds up as well as it does at Monza. I was getting within 2.8-3.0 sec of the Hyundai Genesis times, and that is giving away a lot of PP and one tire grade.

I really like the Dino Ferrari - not 100% at Monza, but I am quite happy to drive it. Sure, maybe we vote the combo off, but depending on goofytyler's choice, maybe we get a new track. Either way, I like the car, but that is just me. YMMV.

swg
What kind of times are you guys seeing with the dino so far? I've put in a few practice laps but feel like the car is capable of much more than I've pushed it to.

And I'd pay good money for a shorter 5th gear. That things a pig.

High 2:11s so far with a wheel - I have no clue how you guys are running within a second of good wheel times with a ds3... I can't drive the sticks for the life of me, probably 10 seconds slower, but I digress.

There's a little more time to be had, I wouldn't be surprised to see low 11s be fairly common.

That 5th gear does stink. It's almost like 1st-4th would be perfect for monza given historical levels of grip. 5th was clearly never intended for track use. In fact, I think I'll try it on CH tires, I bet it would just top out 4th.

At least there will be no fear of the limiter in the draft.

It seems there is a lot of time to be found braking late into the first chicane and into ascari. This thing has a ton of grip! Fizzer, great choice.

Thanks to the replay lottery working some for me tonight, D3 data is complete.

The order I played the lottery tonight.

1. Watched 3 Kart races recorded Jan 21, all 3 played first try.
  2. Watched C2R1 and it worked, entered data.
  3. Attempted to replay C1R2 and PS3 locked up
  4. Hard boot, improper shutdown message sent to Sony, corrupt file check performed.
  5. Back to GT6 and attempted load of C2R2 and it worked.
  6. Back to gallery and loaded C1R2 and it worked. Entered data for that race.
So now I have had all 6 of the Sunday replays work at least once. Starting to feel like a memory leak to me.

@tevesh2 and @Pifachu clearing the smoke from a spin out
View attachment 103451 View attachment 103452
I was stalking @USERID_77a23 for once during the race....
View attachment 103453 View attachment 103454
Wanted to get @Pifachu back from last week :)
View attachment 103455
I gotta give major credit to @USERID_77a23 he stalked his prey every race and waited for you to make a mistake.
Constructive criticism is appreciated. I know someone mentioned that crash pics aren't their style but some arent that bad
Great pictures from a fun night of racing. I appreciate the compliments. The division is tight with a lot of great racecraft and respect on course. It really is a heart racing two hours and it's great to be a part of. It's not about winning every race on sunday for me. It's a lot of fun learning others style and honing ones racecraft with a battle anywhere in the pack, there's always room for improvement. To me if you can't make a pass without causing contact or mayhem it's not worth making. I cant wait till next week!

Last edited:
Hi, silly question but, im pretty sure I already filled out the colour form, am I able to refill it out to change it to another unused combo? cheers in advance

Back