◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,696 comments
Redid the paint this time with much more SNAIL. Got the web address on the front splitter and rear valence. As well the logo on the fender. I'm really really happy with this paint job.

Go Team S.N.A.I.L.!!!!

View attachment 104626 View attachment 104624 View attachment 104625
That's awesome. How does the livery editor work for iRacing? Do you get to choose your own "sponsors" and logos, etc.? Or are there only set ones that you choose from?

Attention Division 5

Since D5 will be a "Friends Only" lounge tonight, everyone must make sure that you are PSN friends with Tex-36 and myself. I have sent out FR's to all of the drivers and Tex will try to get them out on his side. Please check soon and if you do not have the FR, send one out to the both of us. Also DO NOT wait until the last minute to get this done. If we all work together, we will be ready before race time tonight!

Hello @ExoSphere64

I was moved to Division 5. Will send you a friends request when I get home from work around 5pm central. I am already friends with @TEX36

See you Sunday 👍

SNAIL, please delete my email from your files. Every time I receive an email from GTPlanet, it produces about 30 copies of the email. My inbox is filled with GTPlanet emails. Thanks

SNAIL, please delete my email from your files. Every time I receive an email from GTPlanet, it produces about 30 copies of the email. My inbox is filled with GTPlanet emails. Thanks
You do that on your own. Hover over your username in the top right corner of the page, and then click "contact details" and update your email address and settings or whatever.

That's weird why you have 30 copies of emails for each conversation (I'm assuming that's what you're referring to). Unless you have it set to receive an email each time someone replies to the conversation, which I could see happening.

Did a 1:49 at monaco, don't know if it's fast but it's the best i could do tonight

I hit one 1:46.1, but I can't seem to put a complete lap tegether. I might get T1 right, but then the hairpins, or chicane, or the last couple corners trip me up. Seems like a good run at any of those is at least -0.5 seconds, but messing any of them up at all is at least +1.0 or more seconds.

I also found the Caterham to be oversteer-y to a degree I do not recall at all in GT5.

Looks like practice and relearning may be in order, at least from my pit box.

(Back to Monza for a few laps between chores - another stupid snow day)

I was gonna say, if its GTP specific, ie. from GTPlanet.net, then Snail has Nada to do with it, you need to adjust your notification settings. AFAIK, the only thing SNAIL uses email for is the complaint process.

I hit one 1:46.1, but I can't seem to put a complete lap tegether. I might get T1 right, but then the hairpins, or chicane, or the last couple corners trip me up. Seems like a good run at any of those is at least -0.5 seconds, but messing any of them up at all is at least +1.0 or more seconds.

I also found the Caterham to be oversteer-y to a degree I do not recall at all in GT5.

Looks like practice and relearning may be in order, at least from my pit box.

(Back to Monza for a few laps between chores - another stupid snow day)
I think I was hitting mid 1:45 consistently but there was a guy in practice hitting low 40s. Damn. I feel like the Caterham has a LOT of understeer and with pretty much zero space on such a narrow course it's really easy to understeer at corner exit which means touching a wall.

I was gonna say, if its GTP specific, ie. from GTPlanet.net, then Snail has Nada to do with it, you need to adjust your notification settings. AFAIK, the only thing SNAIL uses email for is the complaint process.

What rally said is the case. We only use your email for incident notification.

We use GTPlanets conversations to let you know about upcoming races or important league information.

It's likely that your conversation settings are notifying you, via email, that you have a new conversation or someone replied to a conversation you're a part of.

Played with the wheel for a big last night (tried to open a lobby but kept getting dc). Terribly slow as I expected, probably will use the ds3 this weekend until I get some more wheel time in.

Need to find a narrower pair of shoes so I am not hitting the gas+brake when trying to stop. I tried shoeless which works. But doesn't feel right.

I think I was hitting mid 1:45 consistently but there was a guy in practice hitting low 40s. Damn. I feel like the Caterham has a LOT of understeer and with pretty much zero space on such a narrow course it's really easy to understeer at corner exit which means touching a wall.

In the lobby I got down to 1:43 but Nic ran almost a 1:40 flat during a race (which I saved to review). I watched, went into practice mode and hit a high 1:41 after a bunch of practice following my ghost. I wish I could extract his lap so I could follow the ghost. I found a few spots where I could adjust my line but mostly it was about consistency and fairy dust getting the car to stick at higher speeds.

Played with the wheel for a big last night (tried to open a lobby but kept getting dc). Terribly slow as I expected, probably will use the ds3 this weekend until I get some more wheel time in.

Need to find a narrower pair of shoes so I am not hitting the gas+brake when trying to stop. I tried shoeless which works. But doesn't feel right.
Do you not use left foot braking?
In the lobby I got down to 1:43 but Nic ran almost a 1:40 flat during a race (which I saved to review). I watched, went into practice mode and hit a high 1:41 after a bunch of practice following my ghost. I wish I could extract his lap so I could follow the ghost. I found a few spots where I could adjust my line but mostly it was about consistency and fairy dust getting the car to stick at higher speeds.
Yeah, that's why I like to run races in the practice rooms, so that I can save replays and (hopefully) be able to watch the fast laps of the leaders.

I've got a pair of Puma Speed Cats, but I can't seem to find them anywhere for a reasonable price. You can get a custom pair from Puma for $100.

until I got the gteye spring I only raced with barefoot. And I oft drive in real life without shoes too. I get a far better feel on the pedals. If I ever put aftermarket pedals on my rig, I'll probably go barefoot again.
I remember switching from the old black Logitech Momo wheel to the g27. Trying to drift broke my heart. It took some time and practice, but I aw far faster now, and better still, more consistent. Though, I'm not as good at drifting as I was. You got a g27 right?

Oh, I don't left foot brake and I know that's good for at least 1 second on a track like this. I tried it last night for a few minutes but it makes me feel disconnected. Maybe when I upgrade my DFGT for a better wheel and pedal set I'll start from the beginning and force myself to develop the feel.

As for shoes? I'm all about driving in socks.

If you are using the G 27, You can use a @AJK-VAIL wrench to remove the pedal pads and shift them over for more foot room!:cheers:

If you are using the G 27, You can use a @AJK-VAIL wrench to remove the pedal pads and shift them over for more foot room!:cheers:

Say what? What does that look like?

I haven't used the shifter more than a few times since my setup for the shifter is pretty slapdash and out of place. I think I need to give Bill a holler...

Latest Posts

Back