Open ◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Presented by ButtKicker: Feel What You've Been Missing

Discussion in 'SNAIL Racing League' started by zer05ive, Dec 13, 2011.

1. intoflatlines

intoflatlines

That's awesome. How does the livery editor work for iRacing? Do you get to choose your own "sponsors" and logos, etc.? Or are there only set ones that you choose from?

2. LeoStrop

LeoStrop

Thanks Chio! Now they are 1600x900

3. simracejesse

simracejesse

Hello @ExoSphere64

I was moved to Division 5. Will send you a friends request when I get home from work around 5pm central. I am already friends with @TEX36

See you Sunday :tup:

4. iroquois

iroquois

SNAIL, please delete my email from your files. Every time I receive an email from GTPlanet, it produces about 30 copies of the email. My inbox is filled with GTPlanet emails. Thanks

5. intoflatlines

intoflatlines

You do that on your own. Hover over your username in the top right corner of the page, and then click "contact details" and update your email address and settings or whatever.

That's weird why you have 30 copies of emails for each conversation (I'm assuming that's what you're referring to). Unless you have it set to receive an email each time someone replies to the conversation, which I could see happening.

6. Handlebar

Handlebar Premium

I hit one 1:46.1, but I can't seem to put a complete lap tegether. I might get T1 right, but then the hairpins, or chicane, or the last couple corners trip me up. Seems like a good run at any of those is at least -0.5 seconds, but messing any of them up at all is at least +1.0 or more seconds.

I also found the Caterham to be oversteer-y to a degree I do not recall at all in GT5.

Looks like practice and relearning may be in order, at least from my pit box.

(Back to Monza for a few laps between chores - another stupid snow day)

Pifachu likes this.
  7. Rallywagon

Rallywagon Premium

I was gonna say, if its GTP specific, ie. from GTPlanet.net, then Snail has Nada to do with it, you need to adjust your notification settings. AFAIK, the only thing SNAIL uses email for is the complaint process.

intoflatlines and kcheeb like this.
  8. intoflatlines

intoflatlines

I think I was hitting mid 1:45 consistently but there was a guy in practice hitting low 40s. Damn. I feel like the Caterham has a LOT of understeer and with pretty much zero space on such a narrow course it's really easy to understeer at corner exit which means touching a wall.

9. kcheeb

kcheeb Premium

What rally said is the case. We only use your email for incident notification.

We use GTPlanets conversations to let you know about upcoming races or important league information.

It's likely that your conversation settings are notifying you, via email, that you have a new conversation or someone replied to a conversation you're a part of.

10. Mirado_7

Mirado_7

Here is the thread that helped me fix my overloading inbox.

11. REBELRCN85

REBELRCN85

Anyone practicing

12. Piler

Piler

Played with the wheel for a big last night (tried to open a lobby but kept getting dc). Terribly slow as I expected, probably will use the ds3 this weekend until I get some more wheel time in.

Need to find a narrower pair of shoes so I am not hitting the gas+brake when trying to stop. I tried shoeless which works. But doesn't feel right.

13. chuyler1

chuyler1 Premium

In the lobby I got down to 1:43 but Nic ran almost a 1:40 flat during a race (which I saved to review). I watched, went into practice mode and hit a high 1:41 after a bunch of practice following my ghost. I wish I could extract his lap so I could follow the ghost. I found a few spots where I could adjust my line but mostly it was about consistency and fairy dust getting the car to stick at higher speeds.

zer05ive likes this.
  14. Handlebar

Handlebar Premium

I use socks or some moccasins I made.

15. intoflatlines

intoflatlines

Do you not use left foot braking?
    Yeah, that's why I like to run races in the practice rooms, so that I can save replays and (hopefully) be able to watch the fast laps of the leaders.

KTR5 likes this.
  16. dabneyd

dabneyd Premium

I've got a pair of Puma Speed Cats, but I can't seem to find them anywhere for a reasonable price. You can get a custom pair from Puma for $100.

17. Rallywagon

Rallywagon Premium

until I got the gteye spring I only raced with barefoot. And I oft drive in real life without shoes too. I get a far better feel on the pedals. If I ever put aftermarket pedals on my rig, I'll probably go barefoot again.
    I remember switching from the old black Logitech Momo wheel to the g27. Trying to drift broke my heart. It took some time and practice, but I aw far faster now, and better still, more consistent. Though, I'm not as good at drifting as I was. You got a g27 right?

18. chuyler1

chuyler1 Premium

Oh, I don't left foot brake and I know that's good for at least 1 second on a track like this. I tried it last night for a few minutes but it makes me feel disconnected. Maybe when I upgrade my DFGT for a better wheel and pedal set I'll start from the beginning and force myself to develop the feel.

As for shoes? I'm all about driving in socks.

Chiochan and TEX36 like this.
  19. AJKVail

AJKVail

If you are using the G 27, You can use a @AJK-VAIL wrench to remove the pedal pads and shift them over for more foot room!:cheers:

chatva and ThePDTX like this.
  20. Handlebar

Handlebar Premium

Say what? What does that look like?

I haven't used the shifter more than a few times since my setup for the shifter is pretty slapdash and out of place. I think I need to give Bill a holler...

Dragonwhisky likes this.
  21. Troggy

Troggy

Is Vails name Allen?

Oshawa-Joe likes this.
  22. Devon T

Devon T

Applications still being done through this thread? I would like to be added: ID: Thrpd0

23. Handlebar

Handlebar Premium

24. OxideKart17

OxideKart17

Is there somewhere I can view the incident report?

25. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

Start a conversation with me. I think I know what you want to see but just want to make sure.

26. OxideKart17

OxideKart17

I started one.

27. Oshawa-Joe

Oshawa-Joe

The driver list has been updated.

Looks like we need a new Director / Host for Division 8.

zer05ive and kcheeb like this.
  28. Boosted22g

Boosted22g

I'm still trying to get use to my new wheel package... any tips on adjusting the wheel characteristics in settings?

Last edited: Jan 23, 2014
  29. Boosted22g

Boosted22g

did Tyler move to 7?

30. Boosted22g

Boosted22g

where?