◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,783 comments
Woah lots of replies to my post. I have been using my right foot for both gas and brake, should I be left foot braking?

Using just socks (that's what I was doing) just felt strange to me, but it seems like that's how most of you guys do it, maybe I just need to get the feel for it.

Also, yes I am using a g27.

@kcheeb - Since I am being discon so frequently each evening, it is probably best that I NOT host a practice room tonight. I'll try to participate, but if the problem continues I certainly don't want to mess up the entire room. Soooo, I'll just leave so as to prevent greater difficulties.

Applications still being done through this thread? I would like to be added: ID: Thrpd0
@Devon T,
Thanks for your interest!
We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by midnight EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

Woah lots of replies to my post. I have been using my right foot for both gas and brake, should I be left foot braking?

Using just socks (that's what I was doing) just felt strange to me, but it seems like that's how most of you guys do it, maybe I just need to get the feel for it.

Most people using the G27 out of the box will find that socks are more comfortable. That being said, I think the main issue is the size of the actual pedal mounting. I bet the folks who have inverted their pedals on their G27 are using shoes, as there would be much more room to put your feet.

Also, left foot braking is way faster. Feels weird at first, but you'll get used to it.

Say what? What does that look like?

I haven't used the shifter more than a few times since my setup for the shifter is pretty slapdash and out of place. I think I need to give Bill a holler...

I've been having an absolute blast running "A-spec" with the clutch and shifter. Of course, a certain someone that is adept at fabrimification builted me a thingmebob that attaches to me office desk chair to mount the shifter in a more realistic position.

I don't know what they did with the clutch and shifting algorithm in GT6, but, GT5's shifting was usually just frustrating and not worth the effort. GT6 however has not been like that, for me anyway. Your results may vary.

I left foot brake and use Nike running socks with the padding in the heel and ball of the foot or just go barefoot. I like barefoot the best but then again I'm a country boy. We do everything barefoot.

Oh, I don't left foot brake and I know that's good for at least 1 second on a track like this. I tried it last night for a few minutes but it makes me feel disconnected. Maybe when I upgrade my DFGT for a better wheel and pedal set I'll start from the beginning and force myself to develop the feel.

As for shoes? I'm all about driving in socks.

I'd recommend forcing yourself to practice left foot braking as soon as possible. I assume you're new-ish to wheel driving in GT and the longer you put it off, the worse the transition is going to be.

It will feel odd for a week or 2, but the payoff is more than worth it.

That said, don't lfb in a league race if your discomfort impacts your ability to drive safely.

Still waiting on official notice of change from @JLBowler for tez and gamble.

Go ahead and move Tez to the West Coast Division. I asked Sunday in the thread and he answered and Kcheeb moved him on the master time trial sheet. Gamble has to wait until the start of the Feb. season to be officially moved because he scored points this month in D 1-8.

Save a few replays and watch the gas/brake work of the fastest drivers in the race. You'll see they quickly alternate between pedals faster than you can move your foot, and sometimes they do it midcorner to get a little more forward bite, or even gas/brake at the same time! Once perfected it is proven faster. By the looks of it, you can shave upwards of 2 seconds off your lap times (based on our current car/track combos and how far behind I am using my right foot to brake)

Just bought a G27 since I could not find nor really liked the price of the Thrustmaster T500RS. I have read about some brake mods and was wondering what y'all that had G27's used. Stands as well. Thanks in advance.

Going to start slow and build better later :cheers:

The beauty of that is, unless you miss the gear entirely, you won't miss a shift.

It also comes in handy at the end of long straights, you can go straight from 5th to 2nd if need be. I haven't tried this in GT6 yet, but it worked well in a couple of spots in GT5.

It also comes in handy at the end of long straights, you can go straight from 5th to 2nd if need be. I haven't tried this in GT6 yet, but it worked well in a couple of spots in GT5.

I do that with the clutch in Aspec mode. Maybe it's just me, but it feels like using the clutch gives better engine braking effect than any other shifting mode.

It worked well in GT5 without use of the clutch. I guess I'll have to give it a shot and see if it's the same in GT6. If it works the same, I will probably switch over to using it as it is a bit more fun than the paddles.

Looking for top of the page post. It's so close, I can almost taste it.

Back