◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,416 comments
Will anyone from the west coast division be opening a practice room later this evening?
If so, I will be glad to join.
I'm jumping on around 9:30 PST...looking for some company.

Will anyone from the west coast division be opening a practice room later this evening?
If so, I will be glad to join.
I'm jumping on around 9:30 PST...looking for some company.
Hey, newbie from West Coast div. I just got home, would like to run with someone too, care to host?

joining yours RunN, posted at the same time

Hey, newbie from West Coast div. I just got home, would like to run with someone too, care to host?

joining yours RunN, posted at the same time
I just sent you a friend request and have aroom open. Should be online for the next 30 minutes

Actually, I was referring to the same pic that you created an avatar for here.

Is there anyone who's willing to help make our parody logo even more similar to the iRacing logo? Post here if you think you have what it takes and you want to earn some $hells!

E77D8FA4-AED9-47CF-B4A3-194B4995584E-16686-00000DFEB04A0403.jpg
iracing-logo.jpg

Oh yea. I recall posting those.

It's a done deal!!!

I'm also gonna chase that and hope for a high res version too. I got an idea for my next paint job. :) Full SNAIL..onty

It says room is full =(

This happened on Sunday to a few people. You can't stay in GT6, accept a friend request and try to enter a friends room.

You need to exit the game and restart it. Some people even had to sign out and back in to the PSN before it would cooperate :crazy:

The sender of the PSN Request has to exit GT6 at least, possibly PSN, then reenter, after the request is accepted for this to work.

I am going to bump up my "must accept my PSN Friend Request one hour before race time" for D6 drivers. The FR on PSN are sent out many hours before this.

Here are some pictures from the first combo at last nights practice. There were a lot of connection issues, so as far as I know, this is the only combo that was completed.

I used some of suggestions from @JoeW so hopefully I get some better quality pictures.

Heading into the first turn.

Autodromo Nazionale Monza.jpg

2nd Chicane

Autodromo Nazionale Monza_1.jpg

Out of 2nd chicane
Autodromo Nazionale Monza_2.jpg

Autodromo Nazionale Monza_3.jpg

Race #2 into the first turn

Autodromo Nazionale Monza_4.jpg

@KTR5 and turneduptheheat coming out of the first chicane
Autodromo Nazionale Monza_5.jpg

Attachments

• Autodromo Nazionale Monza_6.jpg
    Autodromo Nazionale Monza_6.jpg
    235.5 KB · Views: 7
Hey guys, my girlfriend just updated the internet here in the house, and since I don't really understand much about speed and such, I would like to ask you if this is any good?
3254565637.png

It's says i'm faster than 86% of the world, but i'm a bit skeptical... She said it was a 100Mb package, but apparently we're only hitting 57... is it normal or should we complain?

Hey guys, my girlfriend just updated the internet here in the house, and since I don't really understand much about speed and such, I would like to ask you if this is any good?
View attachment 105253
It's says i'm faster than 86% of the world, but i'm a bit skeptical... She said it was a 100Mb package, but apparently we're only hitting 57... is it normal or should we complain?
It's normal to be below the advertised speed, but not by half, I have to imagine that they have slower packages and that you are hitting that speed. If your hitting 50+ Mbps, then you already have the right equipment, and they are shorting you the speed you are paying for. I would complain, especially if they have a cheaper package that is at the speed you are hitting. However, if you are really in Portugal, then I can't account for the infastructure that your connection runs on.

It's normal to be below the advertised speed, but not by half, I have to imagine that they have slower packages and that you are hitting that speed. If your hitting 50+ Mbps, then you already have the right equipment, and they are shorting you the speed you are paying for. I would complain, especially if they have a cheaper package that is at the speed you are hitting. However, if you are really in Portugal, then I can't account for the infastructure that your connection runs on.

It could also be that your ISP gives you "up to 100Mbps", but you'll only get that during a new moon, when the wind is blowing to the east, and you do a rain dance before you connect.

View attachment 105253
About average speed, but since most of the racers are in the US, if you are a fixed host then lots of people will be lagging somewhat since you are located so far away geographically.

Here are some pictures from the first combo at last nights practice. There were a lot of connection issues, so as far as I know, this is the only combo that was completed.

I used some of suggestions from @JoeW so hopefully I get some better quality pictures.

Heading into the first turn.

View attachment 105189

2nd Chicane

View attachment 105191

Out of 2nd chicane
View attachment 105192

View attachment 105193

Race #2 into the first turn

View attachment 105194

@KTR5 and turneduptheheat coming out of the first chicane
View attachment 105195
Nice pics! I wish I could have raced with you guys longer but I got disconnected after the first race and could not rejoin. It's OK though, @TEX36, @Skills, a couple other disconnect victims and I were able to do some practice laps together.

View attachment 105253

Are you hardwired directly into the PS3 or running WiFi? I've noticed my speeds were only around half of what I payed for when on WiFi but when hardwired were right on point.

Thanks for all the information guys, appreciate it. Btw, can someone tell me what ping is?

Are you hardwired directly into the PS3 or running WiFi? I've noticed my speeds were only around half of what I payed for when on WiFi but when hardwired were right on point.
Hardwired... :/

I spent more time in practice mode last night trying to discover lost time. This game really has me learning from scratch how to be quick. I know the driving lines, I know where to brake, and I know where to turn-in but that isn't enough anymore. This game is about tire management on every corner.

In GT5 if the tires weren't squealing you weren't going fast enough. I managed speed through a corner by making sure the tires were consistently at their limit.

But now in GT6, "Slow(er) in, fast(er) out" is basically the best way to put it. It's not good enough to just race by the sound of the tires. The ABS doesn't help you shave time as easily either. I'd say it is more realistic because when engaged it is harder to get the car to turn in. ABS keeps the car braking in a straight line.

So with practicing cool tires and less 100% braking I was able to improve my lap times conservancy over the course of an hour practice session.

Monza times went from 2:14 to 2:11.7 (and more consistent 2:12s).
Monaco times went from 1:43 to 1:40.9 (and lots more 1:41s and 1:42s)

I just hope I can get into that rhythm come race day. I know these aren't the fastest times reported but keep in mind I am still right-foot-braking.

Hi guys, I'm terribly sorry for not making me available to open a practice room last night but i fell asleep on the couch watching the miserable maple leafs getting pounded by dallas.

Thanks for all the information guys, appreciate it. Btw, can someone tell me what ping is?

Ping is a measurement of how long it takes a data packet to reach its destination and then return to your computer. Shorter times are better.

I just hope I can get into that rhythm come race day. I know these aren't the fastest times reported but keep in mind I am still right-foot-braking.

Start practicing left foot braking today!

Back