Open ◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Presented by ButtKicker: Feel What You've Been Missing

Discussion in 'SNAIL Racing League' started by zer05ive, Dec 13, 2011.

1. zer05ive

zer05ive Premium

We won't be having official races on Super Bowl Sunday, just like last year. I'll get a 2014 calendar posted asap. :tup:

Azure Flare likes this.
  2. Azure Flare

Azure Flare (Banned)

3. zer05ive

zer05ive Premium

S.N.A.I.L. 2014 CALENDAR

Here's our tentative schedule for 2014. Once again, we're dividing the year into twelve 4-week seasons (one for each month). The months that have five Sundays will either include a week that won't have an official league night or have one of their Sundays "borrowed" by another month. Let me know what you guys think:

January 2014 Season
    League Night #1 - January 5th
    League Night #2 - January 12th
    League Night #3 - January 19th
    League Night #4 - January 26th

February 2014 Season
    February 2nd - league night will be cancelled due to Super Bowl XLVIII
    League Night #1 - February 9th
    League Night #2 - February 16th
    League Night #3 - February 23th
    League Night #4 - March 2nd

March 2014 Season
    League Night #1 - March 9th
    League Night #2 - March 16th
    League Night #3 - March 23th
    League Night #4 - March 30th

April 2014 Season
    League Night #1 - April 6th
    League Night #2 - April 13th
    League Night #3 - April 20st
    League Night #4 - April 27th

May 2014 Season
    League Night #1 - May 4th
    League Night #2 - May 11th
    League Night #3 - May 18th
    May 25th - league night will be cancelled due to Memorial Day weekend
    League Night #4 - June 1st

June 2014 Season
    League Night #1 - June 8th
    League Night #2 - June 15th
    League Night #3 - June 22rd
    League Night #4 - June 29th

July 2014 Season
    League Night #1 - July 6th
    League Night #2 - July 13th
    League Night #3 - July 20st
    League Night #4 - July 27th

August 2014 Season
    League Night #1 - August 3th
    League Night #2 - August 10th
    League Night #3 - August 17th
    League Night #4 - August 24th
    August 31st - league night will be cancelled due to Labor Day weekend

September 2014 Season
    League Night #1 - September 7th
    League Night #2 - September 14th
    League Night #3 - September 21st
    League Night #4 - September 28th

October 2014 Season
    League Night #1 - October 5th
    League Night #2 - October 12th
    League Night #3 - October 19th
    League Night #4 - October 26th

November 2014 Season
    League Night #1 - November 2nd
    League Night #2 - November 9th
    League Night #3 - November 16th
    League Night #4 - November 23rd

December 2014 Season
    League Night #1 - November 30th
    League Night #2 - December 7th
    League Night #3 - December 14th
    League Night #4 - December 21st
    December 28th - league night will be cancelled due to Christmas / New Years

As always, only the top three scores for each driver will count in any given season. Therefore, drivers can miss 25% of league nights and still be in the mix for their divisional championship if they perform well on the nights that they race. Of course, that's for those who care about that kind of thing. Rest assured, promotion and relegation is not determined solely by how many points you have at the end of a season.

(click here for our 2012-2013 calendar)

Last edited: Jan 26, 2014
    ONESPACE, DrKronin, chatva and 10 others like this.
  4. Azure Flare

Azure Flare (Banned)

How about some exhibition races on Saturday instead?

Nothing real serious of course, but I would like to try out hosting in case I ever have to.

5. Handlebar

Handlebar Premium

I have been kicking some ideas around since I joined SNAIL. None of them seem to make sense as a regular event, but maybe....

Let me type up a couple of options when I wake up tomorrow.

zer05ive likes this.
  6. Azure Flare

Azure Flare (Banned)

I also have a few ideas for S.N.A.I.L. events, I did once have a unrestricted Suzuki GSX-R/4 series that was for GT4, but it had almost no competitors and it was closed down after just 2 events.

I'd like to resurrect it on GT6, but with a lot of changes, like the Suzuki be replaced with the KTM X-Bow, and be a spec race series.

zer05ive likes this.
  7. Schmiggz

Schmiggz

still on the driving force.

8. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

The deadline has passed for new drivers to submit a time trial to race this Sunday. Divisions are now locked in for this Sunday's races. Good luck to everyone.

simracejesse, kcheeb and zer05ive like this.
  9. Azure Flare

Azure Flare (Banned)

BTW, if anybody are in a lobby with me, you can call me by my real name. It's Nicholas, but you can call me Nick.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2014
  10. Skills

Skills Premium

@Escobedo,
    Thanks for your interest!
    We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
    Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by midnight EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday :tup:

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
    To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

zer05ive and BayouSimDrifter like this.
  11. jobyone

jobyone Premium

Quick 30 minute practice session 1472-6118-4130-9223-0827

12. tezgm99

tezgm99

Nope, watching the Rolex 24....got my snacks and drinks ready to try to watch it all through the night :sly:

88GTA, shmibal_GT and Azure Flare like this.
  13. racing4life

racing4life

I would like to join
    PSN=little_evo
    and I'm in pacific time zone

Skills likes this.
  14. zer05ive

zer05ive Premium

Thanks for your interest. Would you like to race at the regular time (6:30pm Pacific) or or the "West Coast" time slot? (9pm Pacific) We have lots of guys in the Pacific time zone who race at the regular time slot, so please clarify which time slot you'd like to race in. :)

15. racing4life

racing4life

I would like to race in the regular time slot

16. jobyone

jobyone Premium

Let me think, watching guys race or actually racing guys, I choose actually racing;) Will you be racing tomorrow?

intoflatlines likes this.
  17. Azure Flare

Azure Flare (Banned)

I'm watching, but I will try to have a practice lobby open sometime afterwards.

18. OwensRacing

OwensRacing Premium

Ran the second Daytona 2.4 today. Started 7th in my class with a field of 30 other RUF's and 12 Riley's.

Ended up pulling down a 2nd into class and 5th overall.

Probably hands down thee best race I've ever had. Super clean. Respectful passes by the Riley's as well the lapped traffic was respectful when you passed.

Got to see a guy blow his motor. That was freaking awesome. Bad luck but that's what happens when you over rev the engine down shifting.

ThePDTX likes this.
  19. tezgm99

tezgm99

I remembered to give the Rocket an oil change so we'll see :p

TEX36 likes this.
  20. Azure Flare

Azure Flare (Banned)

Mechanical over-rev, that is what happened to Wayne Taylor Racing in the 2012 Rolex 24.

I have also blown up a few engines in F1 games.

OwensRacing likes this.
  21. Skills

Skills Premium

@racing4life,
    We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
    Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by midnight EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

zer05ive likes this.
  22. zer05ive

zer05ive Premium

Thanks to all the stewards who reviewed incidents this week. The penalties have been entered into the results doc and the results post has been updated.

23. BayouSimDrifter

BayouSimDrifter

Check out this article on speedhunters about smoothness. For you guys that know about Initial D will smile at this. DON'T BREAK THE TOFU!

kcheeb and ThePDTX like this.
  24. Rockhound18

Rockhound18 Premium

Love waking up to some great racing. Little over 5 hrs left at Daytona. It's almost F1 season again too! :D Over 18 hrs completed and overall lead is only one car length. Mmm mmm good stuff.

25. Tyis

Tyis

Hey guys I was in a room 2 days ago with handlebar and hooker and they said to reply here for new members... thanks

hooker4, TEX36, zer05ive and 3 others like this.
  26. Handlebar

Handlebar Premium

Glad you found your way here!

@Skills will be along shortly with the official intro. Sunday night (tonight) is past the 'new driver placement' deadline - I wish you had posted a day or two ago.

Check out pages 1&2 for the particulars.

zer05ive and kcheeb like this.
  27. tevesh2

tevesh2

Anyone want to do some early practice?

BayouSimDrifter likes this.
  28. speer9892003

speer9892003

So after going home two weeks ago and visiting family and having bad connection issues to my niece being born last Sunday I should finally be back tonight. Can't wait and look forward to seeing everyone.

29. kcheeb

kcheeb Premium

[​IMG]

Thank you Stewards for getting the Incident Reviews done. Hopefully PD has two nice surprises for us next week, Replays that will, uhm, replay and triple screens that will, uhm, display :D

The Allen Berg Racing Schools Challenge points are now up to date for the races run January 12th.

If you see anything out of order with your Allen Berg Racing Schools Challenge Points, let me know as soon as you can.

Sim racing product discounts for S.N.A.I.L. members:

GranStand is offering a 10% discount to all S.N.A.I.L.s and a 15% Discount to members of Team S.N.A.I.L.

Take advantage of being a S.N.A.I.L. ;)

OwensRacing and zer05ive like this.
  30. Skills

Skills Premium

@Tyis,

zer05ive and kcheeb like this.