◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,768 comments
Why not reverse it then? Prize A stays the same, prize B too, picks a track or a car. And prize C gets to pick what is left, the car, if prize B picks the track. Or the track, if prize B picks the car.

Not great only because winner B would have tested (hopefully) the specific combo resulting from their pick. Would certainly shake things up though.

I got a good chuckle at varga's suggestion, I'm sure it was made in jest :)

No thoughts on my tire pick suggestion? The more I think about it, the more I like it. Could be a little confusing though since tires by PP is well documented and people would have to pay close attention to the combo post.

Not great only because winner B would have tested (hopefully) the specific combo resulting from their pick. Would certainly shake things up though.

I got a good chuckle at varga's suggestion, I'm sure it was made in jest :)

No thoughts on my tire pick suggestion? The more I think about it, the more I like it. Could be a little confusing though since tires by PP is well documented and people would have to pay close attention to the combo post.
I like the idea and was going to suggest it too. Mr. Mustache just beat us to the punch line. So long as the prize b winner makes a quick selection, then the prize c winner should be able to test/match a decent combo. One thing that I think happens a lot though, is that people like to be the squeaky wheel. Whether you like a combo or not is simply your opinion. Only a couple of times in snails 2 year history has there really been a quantifiable bad combo. And that's because the car would top out half way down the straight. Point in case, the light car combo. Heard more than a few people cry about and how they felt it wouldn't create close racing, and yet, how many weeks has it stuck around? How many people actually like the combo?
Guess what, someone won the right to choose what they wanted to choose. And just because you don't hold the same option or appreciation for the style of driving needed to drive a particular car doesn't mean it is bad, it just means you don't like it. To those types, I say get over it, race better. Win, and pick the combo you want. Don't disrespect someones choice simply because it doesn't match your taste. That's what politics and religion is for.

Last edited:
Totally off topic, what ever it may be, I just watched Pacific Rim last night. I know I missed this one but if you like huge robot vs monster movies this is the one! I loved this movie and recommend it to all syfi fans.
pacific-rim-poster-banner.jpg

:drool::bowdown:

Everything I've been reading about V1.04 is disappointing. No fixes for anything important. They seem to be following Frank Abagnale's philosophy using pin stripe suits, as portrayed in "Catch me if you can". Seems a lot of folks are buying it too.

My hats of to you all that continue to deal with this BS from Kaz.

I'd suggest dumping GT6 in favor of GT5. It's obviously a far better and complete game.

I so see many growing weary and developing a hate for GT. I was nearly there. Right now it's like whatever. I don't care. Obviously with another venue to satisfy my racing. One that is trouble free. But then again you pay good money for it to be.

I've had an idea bouncing around in my head since yesterday morning. I know that there are no races this Sunday due to the Superbowl. But how about some exhibition races instead?

We could start about 3 hours before coverage begins (to anticipate disconnections like what happened on Sunday night) and it could be over and done with before coverage for the game starts, and we can have a bit of fun.

I'm thinking that since this an American tradition, we could race American cars on American tracks.

Here is my proposed race idea in the form of races:

Ford Focus ST '13 or @ Willow Springs Streets of Willow

Chevrolet Corvette C7 @ Laguna Seca

SRT Viper GTS (and maybe Launch Edition, the one with stripes) @ Daytona Road Course.

Totally off topic, what ever it may be, I just watched Pacific Rim last night. I know I missed this one but if you like huge robot vs monster movies this is the one! I loved this movie and recommend it to all syfi fans.
pacific-rim-poster-banner.jpg

:drool::bowdown:
This is very wierd...I just watched it last night as well on blue ray from netflix. Loved it also...might watch it again before sending it back.

Here are the unofficial results from our league night on January 26, 2014

If you believe that another driver exhibited poor racecraft or is guilty of an S.N.A.I.L. OLR violation, please file a Racing Incident Report by 11pm Eastern / 8pm Pacific tonight. Be sure to follow the instructions precisely or your submission might not be addressed! If you're undecided on whether or not you should file an incident, please read this. Also keep in mind that an incident report isn't supposed to be an argument. Here are some good tips on how to make sure things stay civil and respectful. 👍

Click here for this season's points standings and scroll down for comprehensive race data

Click here if the data linked above has already been archived and you would like to retrieve it

Division 1

• fizzer82 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
    • Nic-KL ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
    • dgafaboutany1420 -- voted to eliminate Round 3
    • martin20az -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
    • QwietStorm03 ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
    • PA98MA99 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
Division 2

• Kgffy28 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
    • dabneyd ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • serge_1919 -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • nmcp1 ------------- voted to eliminate Round 3
    • Xrad-11 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
    • intoflatlines ----- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • kcheeb ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2
    • jlbowler ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
    • Drrgreenthumb67 --- voted to eliminate Round 3
    • Ice_Warden -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
    • racefan78 --------- did not submit a vote
Division 3

• BUDBOI1234567 ----- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • Troggeh ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • JWalker_SSR7 ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
    • dragonwhisky ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
    • MerlinRPM --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • lfarris3 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
    • fereck ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3
    • Schmiggz ---------- did not submit a vote
Division 4

• x3n0-asx ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
    • rankings18b ------- voted to eliminate Round 2
    • jones3619 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
    • SCREAMING_CHIEF --- voted to eliminate Round 3
    • HusamOne ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
    • mrcorleone85 ------ did not submit a vote
    • GTP_pyxen --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
    • DoublePass -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • Ktrain186 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • cmbeal317 --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
    • chatva ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2
    • Skills_19657 ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
Division 5

• newjknapp --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
    • AMomcilo ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
    • shmibal43 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
    • OxideKart17 ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • ChuthuluGoat ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
    • ExoSphere64 ------- voted to eliminate Round 2
    • TEX-36 ------------ did not submit a vote
    • JJLopez_427 ------- did not submit a vote
    • Ogg_42 ------------ did not submit a vote
    • kanwingshing ------ did not submit a vote
    • race_emhard ------- did not submit a vote
Division 6

• hooker4 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2
    • SoundTiger95 ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
    • USERID_77a23 ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
    • racingchamp30 ----- voted to eliminate Round 2
    • HandlebarMustash -- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • raymann500 -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
    • ShrumpRacer86 ----- voted to eliminate Round 2
Division 7

• JakeDog23 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
    • blueninjacivic ---- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • tevesh2 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
    • Mirado_7 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
    • Piler ------------- voted to eliminate Round 2
    • goofytyler1995 ---- voted to eliminate Round 2
Division 8

• Orobouros --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
    • CoachMK21 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
    • Sharkb8ii --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
    • boosted22g -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • wvhellbilly369 ---- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • Rolly21581 -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • FBR_Steve --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • Wackedboy --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • autoximpreza ------ did not submit a vote
    • THE_GUMSLINGER ---- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • PICHON617 --------- did not submit a vote
West Coast

• Neovre ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2 - 98
    • GranStand_Bill ---- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • jobyone71 --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
The round that received the most elimination votes was:
Round 2 - Light Car Company Rocket '07 (Sports Soft tires) at Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit (7 laps)
Therefore the entire combo has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since @chuyler1 wins Prize A, they get to choose an entirely new car and track combo to replace it.

The round that received the second most elimination votes was:
Round 3 - Caterham Seven Fireblade '02 (Sports Soft tires) at Côte d’Azur (6 laps)
This means either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since @Pifachu gets Prize B, he gets to decide which part of the combo is replaced and what replaces it.

Prize C goes to @vincentq4 so he gets the tie-breaking vote if the elimination votes results in a tie (the prize winners' elimination votes are not counted under normal circumstances).

Preliminary prize winners, please don't announce your car and/or track selection until all racing complaints are filed and you are given the "all clear" to announce your selection. It's also important that you review our Car/Track History so that you can see a complete history of how many times we've raced each car and track (just scroll to the right of that tab). Please remember that originality is always appreciated. Therefore, picking cars and tracks that we've never raced is a plus (but not required).

Car Selection Guidelines
Dealership Cars - The maximum price for a selected car is now $250,000
DLC Cars - Only DLC cars that are FREE and currently still available in the PlayStation Store can be selected.
The Red Bull X2014 Junior cannot be selected until this issue is resolved.

Track Selection Guidelines
Any non-DLC track can be selected as long as a single lap with the car combo'd with it would not take more than five minutes to complete. For example, don't select anything that includes the Nurburgring's Nordschleife.

IMPORTANT NOTE: When posting your Prize A or Prize B selection, please list the complete in-game name of the car and/or track you are selecting. For example, if you want to select the Amuse Superlegara for your car, post "Amuse Nismo 380 RS Superlagara". If you want to select Monza for a track, post "Autodromo Nazionale Monza". This makes it much easier for the lineup to be updated accurately and also prevents confusing other league members as to which car or track you are selecting.

When I add up the elimination votes, I get:
Combo 1 - 21
Combo 2 - 24
Combo 3 - 24

How was it determined that Combo 2 would be completely eliminated? Thanks!

Your avatar is very inappropriate. Put some pants on.

Unnecessary censorship FTW!

*Note: I didn't make the original picture, I saw it in the funny picture thread and saw an opportunity and I took it.

Point in case, the light car combo. Heard more than a few people cry about and how they felt it wouldn't create close racing, and yet, how many weeks has it stuck around? How many people actually like the combo?
Guess what, someone won the right to choose what they wanted to choose. And just because you don't hold the same option or appreciation for the style of driving needed to drive a particular car doesn't mean it is bad, it just means you don't like it. To those types, I say get over it, race better. Win, and pick the combo you want. Don't disrespect someones choice simply because it doesn't match your taste. That's what politics and religion is for.

I was a Light Car naysayer. I drove it on SH tires previously and it understeered badly. But in Snail on SS tires it quickly became the bestcombo of the three even though I had notlearned the track very well.

Everything I've been reading about V1.04 is disappointing. No fixes for anything important. They seem to be following Frank Abagnale's philosophy using pin stripe suits, as portrayed in "Catch me if you can". Seems a lot of folks are buying it too.

This tells me they can't figure out how to fix what's broken.

Combo 1 - 21
Combo 2 - 24
Combo 3 - 24

I'll check at noon. I suspect the votes from the prize winners not counting is not in your math.

About the update thing. Man, I really hope that this is just a short interlude to a bigger patch coming in the next week or two. Im pretty sure that Pd officially said they would be releasing the online community features this month. I'll see if I can provide proof of that. This update would make sense I think if that were the case. It would allow them to ease the burden of one patch, that will probably be the online community stuff, and this one to fix a few issues (of course it caused more too) and open up the next set of challenges. One for game play changes, one for feature changes. Man, I hope anyway. Every update that comes out is another nail in the coffin though.

I will assume (I know what that does) that PD had a schedule to release content when the game launched. I will also go out on a limb and say that schedule got great big holes shot into it when they had to stop and fix the money glitch that existed in 1.01. I believe the Red Bull events were supposed to be available on Jan. 1 and we got them on Jan. 28. That should tell you just how far behind schedule PD is at this point. PD/Sony also announced before launch the one track per month timeline. Now the first track has been announced as Feb. release. Hopefully Feb. will bring a new track, the community features and triple support. I've had enough new cars but I understand with some of them that PD has an agreement with the auto makers to get the car into the game at a certain time.

Combo 1 - 21
Combo 2 - 24
Combo 3 - 24

I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the prize C winner being the tie breaking vote in these cases. I also can figure out why the WC division winner has their vote crossed out.

I will assume (I know what that does) that PD had a schedule to release content when the game launched. I will also go out on a limb and say that schedule got great big holes shot into it when they had to stop and fix the money glitch that existed in 1.01. I believe the Red Bull events were supposed to be available on Jan. 1 and we got them on Jan. 28. That should tell you just how far behind schedule PD is at this point. PD/Sony also announced before launch the one track per month timeline. Now the first track has been announced as Feb. release. Hopefully Feb. will bring a new track, the community features and triple support. I've had enough new cars but I understand with some of them that PD has an agreement with the auto makers to get the car into the game at a certain time.

I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the prize C winner being the tie breaking vote in these cases. I also can figure out why the WC division winner has their vote crossed out.

It must be because of the WC winner being crossed out, which would give Combo 2 - 25 votes. Thanks.

Yay, I can finally sit in front of my TV and computer monitor without my eyes hurting! :D

I got on GT6 a while ago and instantly got in my own lobby. I noticed something feels different about the brakes, has anyone else noticed this too?

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/v1-04-live-read-op-for-current-changelog.301204/

The link shows reported changes in 1.04. PD never tells us everything they change in an update.

It seems a few bugs were addressed. Brake balance seems to be fixed. The Red Bull Jr. can get online again. I have seen other reports that you can enter pit road and the menu to change tires pops up. I'm sure that one will take some more testing though.

Yay, I can finally sit in front of my TV and computer monitor without my eyes hurting! :D

I got on GT6 a while ago and instantly got in my own lobby. I noticed something feels different about the brakes, has anyone else noticed this too?

What changed it so that your eyes don't hurt anymore? Because mine burn every time I sit in my rig.

What changed it so that your eyes don't hurt anymore? Because mine burn every time I sit in my rig.

Oh no, I've been sick the past couple of days and my eyes are finally comfortable enough to stare at a screen. Perhaps lowering the brightness could help. :)

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/v1-04-live-read-op-for-current-changelog.301204/

The link shows reported changes in 1.04. PD never tells us everything they change in an update.

It seems a few bugs were addressed. Brake balance seems to be fixed. The Red Bull Jr. can get online again. I have seen other reports that you can enter pit road and the menu to change tires pops up. I'm sure that one will take some more testing though.
I've also read in that same thread that once you pit, that the cars behavior on track changes drastically as well.

I think that's probably pretty accurate. I'm going to give PD a little bit of breathing room for a couple of months, personally. It's clear from the GTPlanet 1.04 update thread that they did make a lot of changes in 1.04. I can disagree (and I do) with how they prioritized some of those changes over fixing replay lockups, weird tire wear for the second stint, and the sketchy online issues, but I can see that they're still committed to at least doing something to improve the game. The problems we're having will hopefully bubble up to the top of the pile before too long. They may actually have a good reason for not fixing online issues, for example. If they're going to overhaul it in a month or two, it may not make a lot of sense to spend a bunch of time on fixes that will just be thrown away at that point.

Anyone know if they fixed the timed races bug where the first to cross the line always wins (even if they're a lap down)?

I guess it hasn't been mentioned yet, the bugs with 15 minute races in IA have been fixed. I did two of them - the one on Ascari and the one on Apricot Hill. In both, I didn't mysteriously drop back several positions in the last lap of the race.

During 1.03, I had only done the Apricot Hill 15 minute race. Although, it still gave me credit for having 1st place, on the last lap I dropped from 1st, to 7th, 8th, then 11th. After this new update, it did not happen again.

Back