Open ◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Presented by ButtKicker: Feel What You've Been Missing

Discussion in 'SNAIL Racing League' started by zer05ive, Dec 13, 2011.

1. fizzer

fizzer

Not great only because winner B would have tested (hopefully) the specific combo resulting from their pick. Would certainly shake things up though.

I got a good chuckle at varga's suggestion, I'm sure it was made in jest :)

No thoughts on my tire pick suggestion? The more I think about it, the more I like it. Could be a little confusing though since tires by PP is well documented and people would have to pay close attention to the combo post.

2. Handlebar

Handlebar Premium

Also the Tuesday Kart series is running shifter Karts tonight.

Rockhound18 and goofytyler like this.
  3. Rallywagon

Rallywagon Premium

I like the idea and was going to suggest it too. Mr. Mustache just beat us to the punch line. So long as the prize b winner makes a quick selection, then the prize c winner should be able to test/match a decent combo. One thing that I think happens a lot though, is that people like to be the squeaky wheel. Whether you like a combo or not is simply your opinion. Only a couple of times in snails 2 year history has there really been a quantifiable bad combo. And that's because the car would top out half way down the straight. Point in case, the light car combo. Heard more than a few people cry about and how they felt it wouldn't create close racing, and yet, how many weeks has it stuck around? How many people actually like the combo?
    Guess what, someone won the right to choose what they wanted to choose. And just because you don't hold the same option or appreciation for the style of driving needed to drive a particular car doesn't mean it is bad, it just means you don't like it. To those types, I say get over it, race better. Win, and pick the combo you want. Don't disrespect someones choice simply because it doesn't match your taste. That's what politics and religion is for.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2014
    Pifachu, JoeW and ThePDTX like this.
  4. Chiochan

Chiochan

Totally off topic, what ever it may be, I just watched Pacific Rim last night. I know I missed this one but if you like huge robot vs monster movies this is the one! I loved this movie and recommend it to all syfi fans.
    [​IMG]
    :drool::bowdown:

5. Rallywagon

Rallywagon Premium

I was actually surprised by that movie. I was expecting some really bad acting, some really bad story, and some awesome looking, bad fight sequences. It was none of the above. I will second his recommendation. Did you see previews for the new Godzilla yet?

6. Dragonwhisky

Dragonwhisky Premium

Everything I've been reading about V1.04 is disappointing. No fixes for anything important. They seem to be following Frank Abagnale's philosophy using pin stripe suits, as portrayed in "Catch me if you can". Seems a lot of folks are buying it too.

kcheeb and OwensRacing like this.
  7. cmbeal317

cmbeal317 Premium

GT6 was way too easy.

IMAG0622.jpg IMAG0623.jpg

Chiochan, ThePDTX and KTR5 like this.
  8. OwensRacing

OwensRacing Premium

My hats of to you all that continue to deal with this BS from Kaz.

I'd suggest dumping GT6 in favor of GT5. It's obviously a far better and complete game.

I so see many growing weary and developing a hate for GT. I was nearly there. Right now it's like whatever. I don't care. Obviously with another venue to satisfy my racing. One that is trouble free. But then again you pay good money for it to be.

9. chuyler1

chuyler1 Premium

They are turning off the GT5 servers soon, so going back won't be an option for online racing.

cmbeal317 likes this.
  10. Azure Flare

Azure Flare (Banned)

I've had an idea bouncing around in my head since yesterday morning. I know that there are no races this Sunday due to the Superbowl. But how about some exhibition races instead?

We could start about 3 hours before coverage begins (to anticipate disconnections like what happened on Sunday night) and it could be over and done with before coverage for the game starts, and we can have a bit of fun.

I'm thinking that since this an American tradition, we could race American cars on American tracks.

autoximpreza and zer05ive like this.
  11. Rallywagon

Rallywagon Premium

A few pages back it was being discussed, a few people have put some ideas out I believe.

12. Azure Flare

Azure Flare (Banned)

Here is my proposed race idea in the form of races:

Ford Focus ST '13 or @ Willow Springs Streets of Willow

Chevrolet Corvette C7 @ Laguna Seca

SRT Viper GTS (and maybe Launch Edition, the one with stripes) @ Daytona Road Course.

13. Troggy

Troggy

Your avatar is very inappropriate. Put some pants on.

ThePDTX likes this.
  14. IceWarden

IceWarden

This is very wierd...I just watched it last night as well on blue ray from netflix. Loved it also...might watch it again before sending it back.

Chiochan and Rallywagon like this.
  15. CoachMK21

CoachMK21

When I add up the elimination votes, I get:
    Combo 1 - 21
    Combo 2 - 24
    Combo 3 - 24

How was it determined that Combo 2 would be completely eliminated? Thanks!

16. Azure Flare

Azure Flare (Banned)

*Note: I didn't make the original picture, I saw it in the funny picture thread and saw an opportunity and I took it.

ThePDTX likes this.
  17. IceWarden

IceWarden

I was a Light Car naysayer. I drove it on SH tires previously and it understeered badly. But in Snail on SS tires it quickly became the bestcombo of the three even though I had notlearned the track very well.

18. kcheeb

kcheeb Premium

This tells me they can't figure out how to fix what's broken.

I'll check at noon. I suspect the votes from the prize winners not counting is not in your math.

19. Rallywagon

Rallywagon Premium

About the update thing. Man, I really hope that this is just a short interlude to a bigger patch coming in the next week or two. Im pretty sure that Pd officially said they would be releasing the online community features this month. I'll see if I can provide proof of that. This update would make sense I think if that were the case. It would allow them to ease the burden of one patch, that will probably be the online community stuff, and this one to fix a few issues (of course it caused more too) and open up the next set of challenges. One for game play changes, one for feature changes. Man, I hope anyway. Every update that comes out is another nail in the coffin though.

20. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

I will assume (I know what that does) that PD had a schedule to release content when the game launched. I will also go out on a limb and say that schedule got great big holes shot into it when they had to stop and fix the money glitch that existed in 1.01. I believe the Red Bull events were supposed to be available on Jan. 1 and we got them on Jan. 28. That should tell you just how far behind schedule PD is at this point. PD/Sony also announced before launch the one track per month timeline. Now the first track has been announced as Feb. release. Hopefully Feb. will bring a new track, the community features and triple support. I've had enough new cars but I understand with some of them that PD has an agreement with the auto makers to get the car into the game at a certain time.

I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the prize C winner being the tie breaking vote in these cases. I also can figure out why the WC division winner has their vote crossed out.

DrKronin and mopar440 like this.
  21. CoachMK21

CoachMK21

It must be because of the WC winner being crossed out, which would give Combo 2 - 25 votes. Thanks.

22. DriftinAssassin

DriftinAssassin

Yay, I can finally sit in front of my TV and computer monitor without my eyes hurting! :D

I got on GT6 a while ago and instantly got in my own lobby. I noticed something feels different about the brakes, has anyone else noticed this too?

Handlebar likes this.
  23. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/v1-04-live-read-op-for-current-changelog.301204/

The link shows reported changes in 1.04. PD never tells us everything they change in an update.

It seems a few bugs were addressed. Brake balance seems to be fixed. The Red Bull Jr. can get online again. I have seen other reports that you can enter pit road and the menu to change tires pops up. I'm sure that one will take some more testing though.

24. qwietstorm

qwietstorm

What changed it so that your eyes don't hurt anymore? Because mine burn every time I sit in my rig.

25. DriftinAssassin

DriftinAssassin

Oh no, I've been sick the past couple of days and my eyes are finally comfortable enough to stare at a screen. Perhaps lowering the brightness could help. :)

26. Rallywagon

Rallywagon Premium

I've also read in that same thread that once you pit, that the cars behavior on track changes drastically as well.

27. qwietstorm

qwietstorm

28. DrKronin

DrKronin Premium

I think that's probably pretty accurate. I'm going to give PD a little bit of breathing room for a couple of months, personally. It's clear from the GTPlanet 1.04 update thread that they did make a lot of changes in 1.04. I can disagree (and I do) with how they prioritized some of those changes over fixing replay lockups, weird tire wear for the second stint, and the sketchy online issues, but I can see that they're still committed to at least doing something to improve the game. The problems we're having will hopefully bubble up to the top of the pile before too long. They may actually have a good reason for not fixing online issues, for example. If they're going to overhaul it in a month or two, it may not make a lot of sense to spend a bunch of time on fixes that will just be thrown away at that point.

Anyone know if they fixed the timed races bug where the first to cross the line always wins (even if they're a lap down)?

29. Chiochan

Chiochan

DrKronin likes this.
  30. intoflatlines

intoflatlines

I'm really bummed that the Rocket/Brands combo is gone. I've seen some incredibly close battles with that combo and I honestly can't think of a combo that is more satisfying when you hit that perfect lap.

pyxen, soundtiger95, tevesh2 and 4 others like this.