Open ◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Presented by ButtKicker: Feel What You've Been Missing

Discussion in 'SNAIL Racing League' started by zer05ive, Dec 13, 2011.

1. fizzer

fizzer

That makes sense, I wasn't aware of the core Formula, but some consistency is good. I'd still like to see a little more tire variability. Maybe prize C winner has the option to adjust compound 1 level for prize Bs pick? A one step compound change shouldn't invalidate any testing.

And yes, this is entirely born out of the fact that I like low grip racing and would love to see a CS combo pop up once in a while, or a race car on SS :)

2. chuyler1

chuyler1 Premium

I think the rocket is a blast on its stock tires...but I also feel the middle and lower divisions see closer racing with better tires. I don't know I'm torn. Some cars just aren't any fun to race wheel to wheel on stock tires while others are right at home. I think the goal is to fight each other for position, not the car.

qwietstorm and USERID_77a23 like this.
  3. zer05ive

zer05ive Premium

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 28, 2014
  4. zer05ive

zer05ive Premium

cmbeal317 likes this.
  5. Sharkb8ii

Sharkb8ii

Coach....you outright owned that combo.

KTR5 likes this.
  6. cmbeal317

cmbeal317 Premium

I got that this morning too, should have mentioned that as well. Last one I needed was the Autobarmy(driving the length of all the Autobahns combined, trophy says 7903 miles, though it got it closer to 8000). First platinum trophy I've ever got too! I only managed to get 80% in GT5. Though I'll probably go back some day and try and get the rest. GT6 trophy wise is a cakewalk compared to GT5.

intoflatlines and shmibal_GT like this.
  7. TEX36

TEX36 Premium

Dinner time

Last edited: Jan 28, 2014
    kcheeb likes this.
  8. simracejesse

simracejesse

I can't get the gold in the Drift Round 3 or the GT40... killing me

9. Handlebar

Handlebar Premium

I am tired of locking up my PS3 on this #%£#!! Replay system. :banghead::banghead::dunce: :dunce: :tdown: :crazy:

I will be along in a couple min to join ya, Tex. :cheers:

mopar440 and kcheeb like this.
  10. TEX36

TEX36 Premium

Sorry Handle. Time to eat. Crew Chief orders.

Handlebar and simracejesse like this.
  11. zer05ive

zer05ive Premium

With a start time about 3 hours before coverage begins, it sounds like he's wanting to set up a Sunday afternoon event as opposed to a Sunday night event. The more the merrier!

To @Azure Flare (and any anyone else interested in running a special event anytime on Sunday), it's up to you to organize and recruit for the event. Lay out all the specifics so that others can decide if they want to participate.

And to anyone who wants to participate in one of the suggested events, be sure to reply to the post saying that you want to race it in. It let's the organizer know that he's got drivers to fill the grid. Simply clicking the "Like" button doesn't let the organizer know that you're "in".

Handlebar likes this.
  12. CoachMK21

CoachMK21

13. cmbeal317

cmbeal317 Premium

It took me forever to get the drift events down, as I'm far from the worlds greatest drifter, and is the only time I've reverted back to the DS3 as I found it much easier.

As for the GT40, just keep practicing with it and you'll eventually get it. It came pretty easy for me, but then again I love the 'Ring. Just keep practicing, and remember that you only have to beat the time, you don't have to pass the GT to win.

simracejesse likes this.
  14. Handlebar

Handlebar Premium

Some my general ideas:

A) Cat and Mouse - Mice are Samba Bus, Cats are X-Bows.

B) "Super Bowl FullContact Rallycross" - highest TEAM score wins, and full contact mayhem permitted. Team captains, a mini 'draft' with rights to 'trade players' or choose from a short menu of cars, starting with either VW 1600 '66 or a PAO PP area. If two teams, one is Orange, one is blue/green.

C) 'Merican Bowl - '60's and '70's in a rough'n tumble ring or tight course. List of 3-5 cars, one make in race 1, then lowest scoring team or driver chooses from a short list of options , next driver chooses from what is left, etc.

ptslopoke and Pichon617 like this.
  15. Dragonwhisky

Dragonwhisky Premium

StewardAnnouncments.png

To all drivers in D5, D7 & D8. The stewards are in need of the following replays from 26 Jan.;

• D5 Round 1 Race 1
    • D7 Round 3 Race 2
    • D8 Round 3 Race 2

If you have a replay of these races, please get them uploaded to the Open Replays store. The stewards will take it from there.

Thank you.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
    Handlebar likes this.
  16. chuyler1

chuyler1 Premium

I used to host a muscle car rally themed night. I have a few replays but they don't have the LOLs of trying to race wheel to wheel on the Eiger tracks with RWD tanks. It was quite amusing, especially with reverse grid every race!

17. Pifachu

Pifachu

This was my pick for prze b, but its not yet official that i won the prize, so i will wait for the official go, and by the time try more car

Last edited: Jan 30, 2014
    KTR5 likes this.
  18. Handlebar

Handlebar Premium

So... @Pifachu , you have the all clear from @Dragonwhisky for this?

Read this?

19. Pichon617

Pichon617

RED BULL X14 JR issue is fixed now I was racing with it last night

20. zer05ive

zer05ive Premium

The Prize C winner's vote is used to break the tie. Since @vincentq4 vote for Round 2, that's the combo that "wins" the elimination vote.

Correct about Prize C winner breaking the tie. As for the WC division winner's vote being crossed out, that was because he was incorrectly identified as the Prize B winner at first, which caused his vote to be crossed out. However, the WC division is not eligible for prizes so @Neovre's vote definitely counted. I've corrected the crossed out vote on the results post to avoid any further confusion as well as adding a hyper link to this post next to @vincentq4's vote to single it out as the tie-breaking vote. :tup:

The perception that the Prize C winner didn't vote was actually another mind trick caused by @Neovre being initially identified as the Prize B winner. When this happened, the next highest score became the Prize C winner, which was @Pifachu. However, once we removed @Neovre from the prize podium, @Pifachu inherited Prize B and @vincentq4 then became the Prize C winner.

Now if @vincentq4 had decided not to vote like @Pifachu did, then it would start to get complicated. :lol:

21. jobyone

jobyone Premium

While you are waiting feel free to look at the list of cars and combos that have been used.
    The Lotus is a great car and has only made 17 Appearances in SNAIL;) (in GT5 it was the Lotus Elise 96 RM)

Chiochan likes this.
  22. hooker4

hooker4

Where would I find the gear setups for the kart races?

23. Oshawa-Joe

Oshawa-Joe

I'm glad someone knows what happened :boggled: :gtpflag: < that's actually a S.N.A.I.L. flag I'm holding.

zer05ive, kcheeb and KTR5 like this.
  24. zer05ive

zer05ive Premium

Yes, the price cap for the February season is $250,000. We plan on bumping it up to $500,000 for the March season, and then up to $1M in April.

Ah sorry, you already caught that. But if we ever really do have a situation where the Prize C winner in fact doesn't vote, that would indeed be a headache. Fortunately, I have a simple solution in mind if that ever happens. We will give new life to the recently deceased BSC formula and incorporate it combination of human polls and computer formulas to break the tie. :sly:

kcheeb and Pichon617 like this.
  25. DrKronin

DrKronin Premium

I can see it now: "According to the formula, the combo to be eliminated will be....the Oregon Ducks!!"

We Oregonians are pretty wary of that there BCS formula. :lol:

Handlebar likes this.
  26. Schmiggz

Schmiggz

Lotus Elise Race car? Handlebar's favourite;)
    Oh man, I can't wait to start racing REAL cars.... This tiny mid-engines hate me:irked:

Handlebar and chatva like this.
  27. Pifachu

Pifachu

Ok my bad, i'm all too fast this week, must be some exitement, anyway if the prize come to me this will be the car ( sorry for my mistake) if not, simply forget about it! I can be pretty dumd sometime :s i'll try to be more carefull in the future, i've done a fool of me this week by asking stupid question wich the answer was in my face...

kcheeb likes this.
  28. Pichon617

Pichon617

We need a smiley with a SNAIL flag

GTP I know you are reading this PRETTY PLEASE give SNAIL its own smiley flag :bowdown::gtpflag::bowdown::gtpflag::bowdown::gtpflag::bowdown:

DriftinAssassin likes this.
  29. intoflatlines

intoflatlines

I drove one of those the other day... awesome car!

30. Troggy

Troggy

Isn't the Elise a tiny MR?

shmibal_GT and intoflatlines like this.