◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,413 comments
Kcheeb,

I noticed that ndrk1088 times and scores are not showing up on the 2014.1 monthly results sheet for the West Coast Division. No rush but can this be checked.

Thanks

Joby

When he filled out his Time Trial he said his PSN ID was N_Hoath88, not ndrk1088. So that's the way he's listed in the scoring sheets. The Drivers list shows him with a psn id of NDRK1088, so I'm a little confused.

@NDRK1088 can you confirm the PSN ID you race with in S.N.A.I.L. is ndrk1088?

What's your budget? I am by no means an expert but I was cross shopping them before I bought my current car.
Well it's crazy...I was surfing the Autotrader and they go from as high as $20k and as low as $10k but it's strange because the year of the vehicle doesn't seem to impact the price very much. I have seen older one's for $15k and then one 3 years newer for less money and similar miles. Very strange. $15k would be too much I think. Between $10k and $14k seems reasonable for one in nice condition. Mileage isn't a priority but condition is. I hate cars that have been poorly maintained and beat on.

Well it's crazy...I was surfing the Autotrader and they go from as high as $20k and as low as $10k but it's strange because the year of the vehicle doesn't seem to impact the price very much. I have seen older one's for $15k and then one 3 years newer for less money and similar miles. Very strange. $15k would be too much I think. Between $10k and $14k seems reasonable for one in nice condition. Mileage isn't a priority but condition is. I hate cars that have been poorly maintained and beat on.
The later models have a lower redline and less oversteer from the factory, so some people prefer the older version. The S2K is pretty small, would you pass the broomstick test with helmet on?

Lotus vs RX-7...

What an odd couple. Two completely different driving cars. I can see why FastFox complained the RX-7 has understeer, you simply cannot drive the same line you would expect to take with the Lotus. However the Lotus to me feels like I'm playing an Arcade game. Brake late, flick the wheel, then power down early. The car, or I should say game, does the rest. Drivers that use a controller must love it because so little steering input is required. The RX-7 on the other hand requires coordination between gas and turning angle to carve out turns...and stay off those inner rumble strips if you want a fast lap. It is a wheel man's car and on this track you'll have to finesse the throttle find the fastest times.

First 2 turns aside, both combos made for some very challenging and fun reverse-grid racing.

Maybe I'm odd but I use a controller and for some reason I'm finding it the opposite of what you say. While I agree with you about the Elise feeling more "arcadey", I hate that car's loose rear end and I'm struggling with it. Altering the bb is helping and I hope to find a rhythm that works with it before too long.

On the other hand, despite the fact I had never driven that RX-7 before I found I was immediately at home and competitive with it. I love that combo (the full Grand Prix track would have been nicer though)!

Maybe I'm odd but I use a controller and for some reason I'm finding it the opposite of what you say. While I agree with you about the Elise feeling more "arcadey", I hate that car's loose rear end and I'm struggling with it. Altering the bb is helping and I hope to find a rhythm that works with it before too long.

On the other hand, despite the fact I had never driven that RX-7 before I found I was immediately at home and competitive with it. I love that combo (the full Grand Prix track would have been nicer though)!
I'm on wheel, but I was really struggling with the Elise until I found an easy trick: Never take you foot completely off the gas no matter what. Completely eliminated my random darts into the walls.

I heard people talking about that trick last night Mirado. My trick? Never turn with your foot on the brake!

The only place you must brake and turn is Massenet (Turn 3) and lowering the rear brake bias helps with that turn.

@JoeW
Honda+S2000.jpg

I'm just sayin.

I'm on wheel, but I was really struggling with the Elise until I found an easy trick: Never take you foot completely off the gas no matter what. Completely eliminated my random darts into the walls.
Also try your brakes at 3/0

I'm only playing with you Joe but I thought it was a funny pic. I would drive one but I need a back seat for several reasons...

I'm only playing with you Joe but I thought it was a funny pic. I would drive one but I need a back seat for several reasons...

Yeah. I currently own two SUVs. We use one most of the time. I could sell the smaller older one in a year or two and get a fun car and still have the SUV for the rest.

Beware the Monday series. We had to move the Drivetrain Challenge from Monday because server maintenance kicked us out every night.

Seems like he has the start time early enough to avoid these issues. I also think the practice race will give us a good idea if we run into the problem.

So, all the talk of @Handlebar trying to find a decent track car got me to thinking about possibly buying a S2000 in the next couple of years. I was always pretty dead set on finding another old late 80's early 90's 911 like I used to have. But the S2000 does look to be a great modern alternative with all the amenities my old 911 never had. I could take or leave the convertible aspect but all in all it looks to be a solid vehicle.

Any S2000 experts feel free to enlighten me in detail on which ones are best and what to watch for. It will be a daily driver so take that into consideration.

The S2000's are great little cars. You have to options AP1's and AP2's. They both have there strong points and weak points. I myself prefer the AP2's. They have alittle more mid range power along with a slightly closer transmission. But the downside is they have a little more weight to throw around along with the fact they are alot easier to drive. The AP1's are lighter an have a 2.0 that will turn 9k rpms all day long. They tend to be a little oversteery when pushed hard, but are a lot of fun to drive.

I don't normally enjoy what I call the 'castor oil combos' or "cod liver oil combos" - where I'm told that I'm supposed to do something because it's somehow going to be good for me later on, and I'll look back on it and be glad I finally did it... must be my problems with authority. ;)

The RX-7 isn't a turd, I just didn't expect a near 600 PP FR car to drive like it has a fatboy FF oversteer issue. Long story short, yup, I have some learning to do.

I just noticed something on the schedule of events. Can the Drivetrain Challenge be listed on Tuesday instead of Thursday? Not sure how many people look at this page, but newcomers may look for us on Thursday when we are racing on Tuesday at 10pm.

We raced for several weeks at 10:30pm to wait and see if anyone would migrate from the Kart series but no one ever did. So we are going back to 10pm since it is apparent neither of us are stealing drivers from the other.

I just noticed something on the schedule of events. Can the Drivetrain Challenge be listed on Tuesday instead of Thursday? Not sure how many people look at this page, but newcomers may look for us on Thursday when we are racing on Tuesday at 10pm.

We raced for several weeks at 10:30pm to wait and see if anyone would migrate from the Kart series but no one ever did. So we are going back to 10pm since it is apparent neither of us are stealing drivers from the other.
Deja vu.... Glitch in the matrix?

Back