◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,699 comments
Anyone else having disconnection issues? It happened to me just before the end of qualifying.

The only night we don't have anything else going on is Friday nights. If you want to run something on Friday nights, then go ahead and post an interest check on this thread. If there are enough SNAILs interested in your idea, then we can discuss you hosting an official SNAIL event. However, if none of our members are interested in it, then there's really no point in the event having a SNAIL association. But if there is indeed indeed interest from our members, I'd still need to first establish that you're a capable and dependable director if we are to put our name on it.

Similar to what?

You know...This.

I know this is incredibly late but I have some free time now. I think I may be off and on with racing for a while. Personal reasons. Hopefully I can be back soon. Good luck everyone and race clean!

Looks like I won't be racing tonight, as I've just gotten home a few minutes ago. Hopefully everyone had a great night, and I'll definitely be back racing next week!

Before I go, I'll leave you with a couple of pictures from the Philly Auto Show. If you'd like to see more, just simply follow this link to my Facebook page, Chris Beal Photography , where I'll be uploading all the pictures(probably not until tomorrow).

P2090014.JPG
P2090042.JPG
P2090149.JPG
P2090247.JPG
P2090261.JPG
P2090275.JPG
P2090311.JPG
P2090298.JPG

D6 Report:

We just wrapped up, we had largely a smooth night of racing with only 2 connection issues (one for each guy), some hard-fought racing in the lead, or the middle, or even for 11th place.

Vinnybear and Hooker largely hogged up the spotlights on the podium, but we had a few folks sneak up there unexpectedly with some spiffy hardware.

A couple new drivers, a couple-new-to-my-division-guys, reuniting with some longtime friends - all in all a pretty darned good night in D6!

Hi guys, if snail has different penalties then what gt has why run weak pen. On/ is there somewhere on snail page that tells racers all pen. Spots On different tracks from gt pen. System, some times going out of bounced to avoid accident or being pushed hope is taken in consideration, gd racing div 2 tonight, I'll let everyone pass combo two since was slower Something I remember when ppl do for me and racers will remember too, I learned giv and take long time ago, it pays off sometimes

Had alot of fun in division 7. Screwed up in the first silverstone race, was better in the reverse grid 2nd race. Placed 2nd in my first monza race, then placed 4th in the 2nd race. Almost won the first monza race but screwed up by overshooting the last turn. All in all, still had fun.

Hi guys, if snail has different penalties then what gt has why run weak pen. On/ is there somewhere on snail page that tells racers all pen. Spots On different tracks from gt pen. System, some times going out of bounced to avoid accident or being pushed hope is taken in consideration, gd racing div 2 tonight, I'll let everyone pass combo two since was slower Something I remember when ppl do for me and racers will remember too, I learned giv and take long time ago, it pays off sometimes

Track boundaries are defined in the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (link available in post 1). Every week, any other areas of the track that may present confusion, are detailed for each of the three tracks with pictures of the areas in question. This weeks post was here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/◆-s-n-a-i-l-spec-racing-for-all-skill-levels-presented-by-allen-berg-racing-schools-spots-open.235094/page-1483#post-9199361 right at the top of a page for everyone to see even if they are browsing the thread.

Penalties are on weak because there is a theory that the ghosting, which doesn't work half the time, keeps one driver's mistake from ruining another drivers race.

Going out of bounds to avoid an accident is one thing, making it your racing line (as some have done) is flat out cheating.

Just to get an idea, who's interested to make it this Thursday then?
Looks like I won't be racing tonight, as I've just gotten home a few minutes ago. Hopefully everyone had a great night, and I'll definitely be back racing next week!

Before I go, I'll leave you with a couple of pictures from the Philly Auto Show. If you'd like to see more, just simply follow this link to my Facebook page, Chris Beal Photography , where I'll be uploading all the pictures(probably not until tomorrow).

View attachment 113602 View attachment 113603 View attachment 113605 View attachment 113606 View attachment 113607 View attachment 113608 View attachment 113609 View attachment 113610
Not a mustang fan but i really like that new mustang. It looks like an aston martin.

Division 7

Well things ran smooth for the races and the new guys to D-7 did well. Replays will be posted tonight.Only one issue with the plus size tire entering and that was it. And as far as these combos are concerned.

However funny it may be, and I got a laugh from it, you really should take the picture down before a moderator sees it and takes it down for you and possibly gives you a vacation from GTPlanet.

D6 Report:

We just wrapped up, we had largely a smooth night of racing with only 2 connection issues (one for each guy), some hard-fought racing in the lead, or the middle, or even for 11th place.

Vinnybear and Hooker largely hogged up the spotlights on the podium, but we had a few folks sneak up there unexpectedly with some spiffy hardware.

A couple new drivers, a couple-new-to-my-division-guys, reuniting with some longtime friends - all in all a pretty darned good night in D6!

Thanks for running the show tonight Handlebar! If the rest of the month goes like tonight, I am going to be a very happy camper! I give the night a 9.5!! Is it next Sunday yet? :D

Division 8
I have to say that this was the most competitive I have seen D8 yet. Everyone seems to be improving every time out. It is getting to where one mistake can be the difference between first and last. We had no disconnects or any other connection issues that I am aware of.
Overall this was the best night I have had since joining SNAIL.

D3 Report

Just finished up, D3 has gotten a whole lot faster!

We had 1 connection issue that forced us to close and reopen the room in order to allow BB to join.

Thanks everyone for a good night of racing. See you next week!

D2 Report. . . .

All in all a good night. A couple of minor lag issues and of course racefan and his college connection. You were going strong my friend!

Many close fought and clean battles from my perspective and again the room ran just about as smoothly as possible.

Thanks again to everyone in D2 for another memorable night in S.N.A.I.L 👍👍

D2 Replays are up on the drive. 👍

Back