◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,789 comments
Well, D4 was a true blast.... from second place down :lol::lol::lol:
Me and Chatva had a tremendous battle for the second spot overall and it was too bad LFarris and Canucklehead came a little late to make the competition even more badass.
Now, there's one thing I would like to call the senior management's attention... Chuyler is absolutely misplaced as he's 10 times faster than anyone else in D4.

:gtpflag:

Me and Chatva had a tremendous battle for the second spot overall and it was too bad LFarris and Canucklehead came a little late to make the competition even more badass.
Now, there's one thing I would like to call the senior management's attention... Chuyler is absolutely misplaced as he's 10 times faster than anyone else in D4.

Make sure someone gets the lap time data in so we can see it. He was misplaced in D5 last month too so he was moved up a division. If he, or anyone else, needs to go up a division for competitive balance, it will be handled quickly.

Not a mustang fan but i really like that new mustang. It looks like an aston martin.

I thought exactly the same! Looks like the Fusion isn't going to be the only Ford to be influenced by Aston Martin. Pictures just don't do the new Mustang justice, it looks a lot better in person.

My personal favorite though has to be the Jaguar F-Type R Coupe. I must have spent at least 15 - 20 minutes walking around the car and taking pictures before I was able to pick my jaw up off the floor. As far as modern cars go, I honestly don't think there is a better looking car out there. Maybe the Aston Martin Vanquish Volante, but I think the F-Type R edges it out ever so slightly.

Wish I had found this in enough time to race tonight. I'm interested in future SNAIL events though, please add me.

PSN: robertomglolz
@robertomglolz,
Thanks for your interest!
We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by midnight EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

My first experience with S.N.A.I.L was a blast. There are things that I need to work on personally, but I tried to race as clean as I could. Of course there is still room for improvement. Never really felt comfortable with the Ferrari, but the Lotus and the RX7 suited me better.

Also, I noticed every time I qualified, my car would shift into reverse on it's own, at the start. Not a real big deal, since I just shifted into first, but found that weird.

Also, it might have been me, but I did have my mic on, and you might have heard me shifting. My downshift paddle, sticks, and makes a loud cluck kind of noise. So I just put my mic on mute for the rest of the night. Sorry about that, didn't think it would pick it up.

My first experience with S.N.A.I.L was a blast. There are things that I need to work on personally, but I tried to race as clean as I could. Of course there is still room for improvement. Never really felt comfortable with the Ferrari, but the Lotus and the RX7 suited me better.

Also, I noticed every time I qualified, my car would shift into reverse on it's own, at the start. Not a real big deal, since I just shifted into first, but found that weird.

Also, it might have been me, but I did have my mic on, and you might have heard me shifting. My downshift paddle, sticks, and makes a loud cluck kind of noise. So I just put my mic on mute for the rest of the night. Sorry about that, didn't think it would pick it up.

I had my mic on as well and didn't hear a thing all night from anyone. Nobody could hear me either. I also was put into reverse to start qualifying in all three races. Even when I tried to type, it wasn't acting right. I have only run across this when the voice chat is disabled. That was the first room I have ever been in with the voice chat set to very high and it didn't work for me. Maybe @nmcp1 can switch that over to normal or standard or whatever the middle setting is for next week.

That was the first room I have ever been in with the voice chat set to very high and it didn't work for me. Maybe @nmcp1 can switch that over to normal or standard or whatever the middle setting is for next week.

Is that what it was? My mic didn't seem to work for the first part of the night, either. I finally got some responses from people at the very end when I put the mic closer to my face, which made me think that the vox threshold was set too high for some reason. I never had that issue before, but I've only had this headset for 3 or 4 SNAIL nights, so I'm still getting used to it.

Thanks to both you and @nmcp1 for running things tonight. Excellent as always 👍

Just like @wvhellbilly said, there was a lot of great action in D8 tonight. Here are some pictures of the festivities.

Race 1, with @wvhellbilly leading @KTR5 (CoachMK21) and the field through turn 1.

Autodromo Nazionale Monza_1.jpg

@Orobouros just ahead of @Kylar One with @FBR_Steve close behind
Autodromo Nazionale Monza_2.jpg

A great save by @Orobouros
Autodromo Nazionale Monza_3.jpg

@Orobouros into turn 1 with a pack on his tail
Autodromo Nazionale Monza_4.jpg

@Pichon617 taking the group into the first turn in race #2
Autodromo Nazionale Monza_5.jpg

@jaybocc2 followed closely by @wvhellbilly and @Orobouros
Autodromo Nazionale Monza_6.jpg

@Pichon617 and @wackedkid47 (wackedboy)
Autodromo Nazionale Monza_7.jpg

@CCraft holding off @Kylar One for a podium spot!
Autodromo Nazionale Monza_8.jpg

@wvhellbilly leading into turn 1 in Race #3
Côte d'Azur.jpg

@KTR5 (CoachMK21) with @Sharkb8ii right behind
Côte d'Azur_1.jpg

Start of Race #4 with @jaybocc2 in 3rd
Côte d'Azur_2.jpg

This is about to get crowded
Côte d'Azur_3.jpg

A tight battle between @Kylar One and @FBR_Steve
Côte d'Azur_4.jpg

Three wide up the hill with @Sharkb8ii, @wackedkid47 and @speer9892003
Côte d'Azur_5.jpg

@KTR5 (CoachMK21) sitting on the pole for Race #5
Silverstone International Circuit.jpg

Through turn 2 with @KTR5 being chased by @wvhellbilly and @speer9892003
Silverstone International Circuit_1.jpg

@Boosted22g and @Orobouros in a tight battle
Silverstone International Circuit_2.jpg

@Sharkb8ii outside and @Orobouros taking the inside line
Silverstone International Circuit_3.jpg

@wvhellbilly leading race #6
Silverstone International Circuit_4.jpg

A great view from @KTR5 (CoachMK21) and @Kylar One down the main straight
Silverstone International Circuit_5.jpg

Was a fun night in the West Coast division. We had 6 west coasters and two wonderful guests. @GranStand Bill got a well earned win. @Neovre got second (with only 5 races):cheers:. I managed third but due more to @NDRK1088 either getting disco'd or real life getting in the way. @tezgm99 was in the thick of things until the RX7 decided going in a straight line was no fun. And @RunN1st was there for a few races.

@chatva and @Drgreenthumb977 provide the comedic entertainment for the night and had some good battles.

Thanks guys.

That was the first room I have ever been in with the voice chat set to very high and it didn't work for me. Maybe @nmcp1 can switch that over to normal or standard or whatever the middle setting is for next week.

Is that what it was? My mic didn't seem to work for the first part of the night, either. I finally got some responses from people at the very end when I put the mic closer to my face, which made me think that the vox threshold was set too high for some reason.

You see. . . you learn something new everyday. I wasn't aware that option was changeable. I'll be looking into it during the week. Thanks guys:tup:

@nmcp1, thanks for hosting some great D2 racing. Connection issues were minimal and the night really flowed well. I was delighted to achieve my first podium finish with a hard fought 3rd place after an epic battle around Cote d'Azur with serge and xrad. It's a tight track on which to be racing hard door to door but it was very clean. :bowdown: to you guys.

Ironically, that was the combo that I initially struggled with most. But over time and with the help and advice of fellow snailers like K1utch I managed to improve my PB by over 7 seconds. Thanks for the excellent community spirit!

After my first night of D4, I've got to agree. All 3 pole positions and completing the first race of each combo with virtually no competition meant that I was just hot lapping half the night. The reverse grid races were still a challenge though. Only way I was ever able to pass was when drivers made significant mistakes. With the draft on real, it's nearly impossible to time passes.

After my first night of D4, I've got to agree. All 3 pole positions and completing the first race of each combo with virtually no competition meant that I was just hot lapping half the night. The reverse grid races were still a challenge though. Only way I was ever able to pass was when drivers made significant mistakes. With the draft on real, it's nearly impossible to time passes.

There you go again, Huyler. Maybe they should make you race with a harder compound of tire. :)

This seems to be a recurring theme in the divisions below two. Have we considered an alternate placement method? Seems the last months prize winners were just people who didn't belong in te division they are in. It can be discouraging knowing after two races that you don't really have a shot at a prize without someone making a ton of mistakes.

what does it look like is the combo to be kept this week, i got some time to do some practice? Or better yet, what combo does it look like is going? All the practice i can get is what i need.
Nice D8, pics, those are nice,

I really enjoyed my first night (D5). The only thing that really surprised me was that there wasn't a false start check for race starts. I prefer false start checks because it adds that element of timing for race starts.

I had my mic on as well and didn't hear a thing all night from anyone. Nobody could hear me either. I also was put into reverse to start qualifying in all three races. Even when I tried to type, it wasn't acting right. I have only run across this when the voice chat is disabled. That was the first room I have ever been in with the voice chat set to very high and it didn't work for me. Maybe @nmcp1 can switch that over to normal or standard or whatever the middle setting is for next week.
This seems to be some sort of glitch. Last week I opened up a practice room and my chat was disabled. I couldn't hear anyone and no one could hear me, but others could hear each other. We opened up a new room and it was fixed. @fastfox400 said that it happened to him at least once before so this leads me to think that it is a random issue and not necessarily the room settings or host.

Back