◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,774 comments
I might be in D2 if we raced Silverstone with RWD's all the time, but put me in a 4wd on something like Mt Panorama every week and I'd be D6/D7 in no time. It makes a huge difference what I'm driving and where.

If we ran the Lotus Elise every week I think I would do well on that car on many tracks.

Then again with a choice of several other cars I would be in D9 with @Adventuruss I bet.

Heck if you put me in the four-wheel-drive at Mount panorama I might almost be nearer to heaven...

I've gone down the list of unraced cars and tried a few 4WD cars. I cannot get them to rotate like other cars and they never, I mean never, step out when on the throttle. Running a fast lap never feels rewarding.

I've gone down the list of unraced cars and tried a few 4WD cars. I cannot get them to rotate like other cars and they never, I mean never, step out when on the throttle. Running a fast lap never feels rewarding.
Have you tried the Ford RS200 or the Peugeot 205 T16?

Attention Division 4 drivers.

We need your replays. If you have them please let us know so we can get them in the hands of the Stewards.

Thanks!

:embarassed: quoting myself. Going to make it bigger this time though :D

Attention Division 4 drivers.

We need your replays.

If you have them please let us know so we can get them in the hands of the Stewards.

Thanks!

Hello, Im interested in joining the leagues. A friend referred this to me when I raced at monaco with snailracing. My question is tho, How do I join??
@MP4776,
Thanks for your interest!
We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by midnight EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

I know what will get some of their attention.

If we don't have replays and data from D4, nobody has any chance of getting moved at all.

That should wake up a squeaky wheel or two.
It's like they have all gone into hiding.:odd:

Yeah, i just saw this now as today all my attention goes to the PP CAP series.
I believe I have all the replays but no idea how to upload it and share it with you.
I also have all the results from the whole six races but LFarris posted it all in the directors google drive sheet, I verified it myself.
What can i do to help?

I believe I have all the replays but no idea how to upload it and share it with you.
I also have all the results from the whole six races but LFarris posted it all in the directors google drive sheet, I verified it myself.
What can i do to help?

Watch this video and let us know if you can handle it 👍 There's a general Google Docs upload area, but I don't know where it is.

This video can also be found in the Team S.N.A.I.L. Tab of the Results Doc :)

Everyone please join the room based on which division you're in. I'm hoping to have three rooms up, one for each division.
@MP4776,
Thanks for your interest!
We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by midnight EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

Thank you, Did pretty much everything so far. question, For the time trial submission with the scion fr-s 12 what is the preferred pp and what is a good time at mazda raceway?

What can i do to help?

Here's a link to the open replay drive just in case.

Thank you, Did pretty much everything so far. question, For the time trial submission with the scion fr-s 12 what is the preferred pp and what is a good time at mazda raceway?
The preferred PP is the PP the car comes with. It is a courtesy car and can't/shouldn't be changed.
A good time at Laguna Seca would be the best time you put down. Times from time trials are not discussed on the thread. Run the trial following the directions, submit your time using the form and let the cards fall as they may.

A good time is whatever time you can run. Take it seriously and run 10 to 15 laps and submit your best clean lap.

From what I see the biggest delay in posting upcoming combos is the prize winners having to make their selections.

What if we went to 6 combos on a 2 week rotation system?

Basically Week A would be Combos 1, 2 & 3.
Week B would be Combos 4, 5 & 6.

##Week A Sunday Night##
-Week B combos are announced (based on Prize Winners selections from previous Week B combos)
-Combos 1, 2 & 3 are run, scored and votes counted.
-Monday/Tuesday Prize Winners are notified to make their selections for the Week A combos

## Week B Sunday Night ##
-Week A combos are announced (based on Prize Winners selections from previous Week A combos)
-Combos 4, 5 & 6 are run, scored and votes counted.
-Monday/Tuesday Prize Winners are notified to make their selections for the Week B combos

Basically double the number of combos and span it over two weeks.
This would improve time management, it would reduce the stress and rush of getting things done.

All the points are counted the same way, a race is a race.
Obviously to start this system we'd have to have 3 entirely new combos made up to put into the rotation.

Please stop me if I've just dug up old **** that was buried in the thread a long time ago.

From what I see the biggest delay in posting upcoming combos is the prize winners having to make their selections.

##Week A Sunday Night##
-Week B combos are announced (based on Prize Winners selections from previous Week B combos)
-Monday/Tuesday Prize Winners are notified to make their selections for the Week A combos

-Week A combos are announced (based on Prize Winners selections from previous Week A combos)
-Monday/Tuesday Prize Winners are notified to make their selections for the Week B combos

This would improve time management, it would reduce the stress and rush of getting things done.

Obviously to start this system we'd have to have 3 entirely new combos made up to put into the rotation.

Please stop me if I've just dug up old **** that was buried in the thread a long time ago.

I don't think that exact idea was ever presented. I remember an idea was floated where there would be a one week delay in the selection process. The suggestion was that the winners from week 1 would pick for week 3, winners from week 2 would pick for week 4, winners for week 3 would pick for week 5, and so on. That would require us to run one set of combos for two weeks if a change were made.

Practice was moved from Wednesday to Thursday night to give some more time to make picks and I really feel it's enough time to get the steward reviews done and get the picks in as long as everyone is paying attention. I really don't see the issue as long as we can get everything done in time for practice. We don't have to break in cars like we did in GT5 so the schedule could be even tighter than it was for GT5.

Don't get me wrong, you're got a pretty good idea there but I don't know that we want to get into something where the prize winners have to wait a week to get to run their choice. At least that was part of the reason given the last time it was discussed. It never hurts to thrown an idea out there and see if it sticks though.

##Week A Sunday Night##

I feel the idea has merit. I for one would enjoy a clean race on a dirty rally stage, or even this idea having combo's on tap may even allow for a Cappuccino or two.....

I have raced only one month in SNAIL and am getting the feeling that some Combo's lingering too long....

That post deserves a meme response...

Cool_f96e9f_1490575.jpg

(hint: say it out loud as if you were Keanu Reeves in Point Break)
I was :confused: at first, but then I read your hint and was :lol:

I don't think that exact idea was ever presented. I remember an idea was floated where there would be a one week delay in the selection process. The suggestion was that the winners from week 1 would pick for week 3, winners from week 2 would pick for week 4, winners for week 3 would pick for week 5, and so on. That would require us to run one set of combos for two weeks if a change were made.

Practice was moved from Wednesday to Thursday night to give some more time to make picks and I really feel it's enough time to get the steward reviews done and get the picks in as long as everyone is paying attention. I really don't see the issue as long as we can get everything done in time for practice. We don't have to break in cars like we did in GT5 so the schedule could be even tighter than it was for GT5.

Don't get me wrong, you're got a pretty good idea there but I don't know that we want to get into something where the prize winners have to wait a week to get to run their choice. At least that was part of the reason given the last time it was discussed. It never hurts to thrown an idea out there and see if it sticks though.

For me (personally) Thursday, Friday & Saturday nights are bad, my only practice comes Sunday evening just before the race. Having a weeks lead notice on the next combos would be fantastic.

It's also not to say the winners from Week A won't be winners from Week B.

I have raced only one month in SNAIL and am getting the feeling that some Combo's lingering too long....
6 combos would also offer a little more variety week to week. ;)

Last edited:
I for one would enjoy a clean race on a dirty rally stage.

Occasionally, this idea pops into my head. If only we could turn off the dust cloud each car produces. It makes it virtually impossible to see with just one car ahead of you. With 10+, carnage would certainly ensue. Not that it wouldn't be fun. It sounds like a blast, to be honest. But it wouldn't be clean.

Edit: Not that I have the time to organize it, but this sounds like another idea for a perhaps one-time event. Call it Racin' Dirty On Dirt -- or something :lol:

I've hosted rally nights in the past with a group of competitors that are usually close on tarmac. The dirt tracks are too narrow but the snow tracks are a blast in the right car. Plenty of room to pass...if you can see through the snow kicked up by your opponent.

Back