◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,696 comments
Not that I have the time to organize it, but this sounds like another idea for a perhaps one-time event. Call it Racin' Dirty On Dirt -- or something :lol:

Well...In previous series that I was a part of the last three years before I joined SNAIL.....We would have our points meet...then followed up with a "fun run" (non points) event which the director created on the fly.....where time permitting, we would have scenarios where it would be more difficult to be clean.....such as Chamonix...or dirt stages or even NASCARS in Kartspace...on slippery tires...

I found that following the serious points meet we had fun in tricky events we didn't have any practice time for.

Also, In that series we actually did run for points the dirt and snow stages....for the most part were clean....it was more fun adding the low visibility to trying to be clean for points. It did get the adrenaline going.....

OK All replays are uploading at the D4 google drive sheet. Hopefully I did it right.

EvoSpec, don't bother... I just did it. Thanks 👍

Where did you put these replays. I'm not finding them in the Google Doc for replays.

:embarassed: quoting myself. Going to make it bigger this time though :D

Attention Division 4 drivers.

We need your replays.

If you have them please let us know so we can get them in the hands of the Stewards.

Thanks!
Didn't save any, sorry!

I am at work, so I won't be able to do a summary or check if all of the Complaints are filled during the day.

In the absence of @Dragonwhisky , I'll try to keep thing's moving along with the Stewards - once I get home and work on SNAIL before Boy Scouts, I will know if we can announce winners are clear, or if we are done with all penalty reviews, etc. For some reason, my principal doesn't see reviewing SNAIL replays and Stewarding as contributing to my student's scores in American History.

I am at work, so I won't be able to do a summary or check if all of the Complaints are filled during the day.

In the absence of @Dragonwhisky , I'll try to keep thing's moving along with the Stewards - once I get home and work on SNAIL before Boy Scouts, I will know if we can announce winners are clear, or if we are done with all penalty reviews, etc. For some reason, my principal doesn't see reviewing SNAIL replays and Stewarding as contributing to my student's scores in American History.
sounds like the perfect excuse to get your students involved!

hi I want to join! psn is Joe_DiBen
@joe_diben,
Thanks for your interest!
We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by midnight EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

Can anyone confirm if the D4 replays were properly uploaded?

I'm not seeing anything on the open drive under the D4 folder. Also the D4 folder for the normal replay location doesn't show anything with your name one it.

Hey Schmiggz,

I couldn't see them in the Division 4 folder. I've just given your gmail account access to the replay folder, you should be able to find the Division 4 folder in the Shared With Me section.

kcheeb

Hey Schmiggz,

I couldn't see them in the Division 4 folder. I've just given your gmail account access to the replay folder, you should be able to find the Division 4 folder in the Shared With Me section.

kcheeb
I'm kinda curious where exactly those files made it too?

When is the last time a D2 or D3 driver won a Prize A?

I sometimes dream of the possibility of being able to choose a combo, and I have some really good ideas, but I just don't see how D3 or D2 could win it due to competition being so close.

When is the last time a D2 or D3 driver won a Prize A?

I sometimes dream of the possibility of being able to choose a combo, and I have some really good ideas, but I just don't see how D3 or D2 could win it due to competition being so close.
When the rocket was being used at brands hatch, it was a week where a d3 driver won prize A (fereck)

He didn't pick his combo so it went to suggestions from D3 drivers.

Yup. He missed this week but he posted in our D3 conversation that he will be back next week. Making d3 even tighter than it already is. Not to mention we had budboi (who is super fast) have issues connecting all night. With a line up like that, I don't see a d3 winner getting prize A again anytime soon. But I'm ok with that, and anything can happen.

I guess if anyone in D3 or D2 really wanted to win a Prize A you'd have to really over prepare and hope all the planets aligned for a perfect night.

Not in the cards for me :)

Prizes come from the lower divisions because there are more drivers that are more likely to have issues and give up positions without a fight. This is especially true in the reverse grid races. My example of a driver gaining 25 positions in the three reverse grid races while only passing 3 cars that were on track and at speed from a few pages back is not the exception but rather the rule the lower you get in the divisions. That kind of night would be a rare exception in D2 or D3.

This means that if a driver in the top half of their lower division can just stay out of trouble and on the track, they can make up a lot of points without a lot of effort. In the upper divisions, where there are fewer guys running off the track, most positions are hard earned and very few are simply given away. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, I'm just saying it happens a lot less.

If I dedicated a week to practice like some guys around here do and had four of the fastest guys in D2 not show up and had four more guys run off the track in the reverse grid races allowing me to pass without effort or had three or four drivers just park after lap 1, I'm pretty sure I could come up with a pretty good night and probably win a prize. As long as the whole group is there and I'm just not interested in the combos being chosen, I don't see it happening.

On a side note: If anyone running in S.N.A.I.L. wants to get better and learn something, sitting on the side of the track watching other people race isn't the way to get any better. If you're not going to try and be competitive, all you're doing is skewing the results for prize purposes. There is a formula that takes into consideration grid size and when three drivers make the decision to park during the race, you are manipulating the system to favor whoever wins that division. Please don't do it again.

im at work bowler. i have the google drive app open right now on my phone and the replays are on "own by me" folder but i cant see a way to send it somewhere else... at least on the phone!!!

Prizes come from the lower divisions because there are more drivers that are more likely to have issues and give up positions without a fight. This is especially true in the reverse grid races. My example of a driver gaining 25 positions in the three reverse grid races while only passing 3 cars that were on track and at speed from a few pages back is not the exception but rather the rule the lower you get in the divisions. That kind of night would be a rare exception in D2 or D3.

This means that if a driver in the top half of their lower division can just stay out of trouble and on the track, they can make up a lot of points without a lot of effort. In the upper divisions, where there are fewer guys running off the track, most positions are hard earned and very few are simply given away. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, I'm just saying it happens a lot less.

If I dedicated a week to practice like some guys around here do and had four of the fastest guys in D2 not show up and had four more guys run off the track in the reverse grid races allowing me to pass without effort or had three or four drivers just park after lap 1, I'm pretty sure I could come up with a pretty good night and probably win a prize. As long as the whole group is there and I'm just not interested in the combos being chosen, I don't see it happening.

On a side note: If anyone running in S.N.A.I.L. wants to get better and learn something, sitting on the side of the track watching other people race isn't the way to get any better. If you're not going to try and be competitive, all you're doing is skewing the results for prize purposes. There is a formula that takes into consideration grid size and when three drivers make the decision to park during the race, you are manipulating the system to favor whoever wins that division. Please don't do it again.
This has me thinking. Can we think of a way to test a drivers "traffic skills", if you will, during the in processing of a new driver? Since about 95% of our track time is in a race and not qualifying, and race results are what we want, not lap times, would it not be better to place a driver based on his racing ability than his lapping ability? Not trying to stir the pot, but stew is best when things aren't settled.
The bolded part is what put me on this train of thought. Lets be honest, the biggest difference in D2-D3 over the divisions under them is consistency right? At least that's what I take away from it. So maybe that should be a parameter we could consider? I just can't think of a way to do it with without either setting up a room filled up with people, turning on boost and seeing how they run in a crowd. I don't think that having them run with AI would really give a good result, since its not very good. IDK, maybe before or after thrusday night practice there could be a new recruit test drive. If we could get enough volunteers, I would give some time on a Wednesday to host a room for this.

im at work bowler. i have the google drive app open right now on my phone and the replays are on "own by me" folder but i cant see a way to send it somewhere else... at least on the phone!!!

I'm pretty sure you need to get them to a shared status. I don't know how to do such a thing, especially from a phone. Maybe @kcheeb can give some help in the matter.

This has me thinking. Can we think of a way to test a drivers "traffic skills", if you will, during the in processing of a new driver? Since about 95% of our track time is in a race and not qualifying, and race results are what we want, not lap times, would it not be better to place a driver based on his racing ability than his lapping ability? Not trying to stir the pot, but stew is best when things aren't settled.
The bolded part is what put me on this train of thought. Lets be honest, the biggest difference in D2-D3 over the divisions under them is consistency right? At least that's what I take away from it. So maybe that should be a parameter we could consider? I just can't think of a way to do it with without either setting up a room filled up with people, turning on boost and seeing how they run in a crowd. I don't think that having them run with AI would really give a good result, since its not very good. IDK, maybe before or after thrusday night practice there could be a new recruit test drive. If we could get enough volunteers, I would give some time on a Wednesday to host a room for this.

While thinking out a response to this, you've given me an idea. Parts of this idea have been thrown around before and never gained much traction but with the large influx of new drivers, I think it might be time to revisit some of them.

A new driver probation period. I know we already have probation dedicated to those that get in the doghouse with the stewards but this would be a different kind of probation. A new driver would not qualify for prizes until the probation period was completed. To complete probation, a driver would have to race two full weeks (12 races) and not receive any penalties. They still earn points and are competing for the monthly and nightly championships, they just can't win a prize. Once they were able to do that, it should be enough time to get them in the proper division based on their time trial and their race performance. It might also cut down on the new driver that shows up one week, bashes his way to the front, gets 30 pts. in penalties and is never heard from again. If they know going in that they can't win a prize, they might be less inclined to try and win at all costs.

It's a thought. It may or may not be a good thought but I tossed it out there none the less.

Back