Open ◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Presented by ButtKicker: Feel What You've Been Missing

Discussion in 'SNAIL Racing League' started by zer05ive, Dec 13, 2011.

1. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

I like me some Fuji as well. My choice would have been the F version of the track but I can deal with the GT course as well. Look out D2, this might motivate me to actually run some laps leading up to Sunday night.

New seasonals up for anyone that's interested. High End G37 at streets of willow, Rocket Car at Suzuka and Lancer EVO in the snow at Chamonix.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2014
    USERID_77a23 likes this.
  2. zer05ive

zer05ive Premium

Way to go guys! 92 is a lot of SNAILs, and there are many who didn't even race on Sunday night. If 100 of more drivers race this Sunday night, I'll award $100 in PSN Cards to members of the league (ten lucky drivers will win $10 each). Let's break the century mark! :D

In the meantime..

Last edited: Feb 13, 2014
    Handlebar, nmcp1 and intoflatlines like this.
  3. zer05ive

zer05ive Premium

I'm putting up a $10 PSN Card up for sale. Use it to buy upcoming DLC for GT6 or any other game you want!!

[​IMG]
    It will be sold as an auction and there is no minimum bid and no reserve price!

Proper Bidding Etiquette
    If you want to place a bid our outbid someone else, please clearly state how many $hells you are bidding and what you're bidding on. It is also preferred if your bid post is in reply to the original listing (if you're the first bidder) or in reply to the highest current bid (if you're outbidding someone else). As an example, a simple reply of "I bid __ $hells for the _____" would be sufficient. :tup:

IMPORTANT: Do not bid more $hells than the number of $hells you currently own.

How To Win
    Once someone's bid lasts for 24 hours without being outbid by somebody else, the auction will close and the highest bidder will be declared the winner. I will then the lucky SNAIL a PSN code to redeem for $10!

HAPPY BIDDING AND GOOD LUCK!! :)

Last edited: Jun 14, 2014
    dgaf95integra and JLBowler like this.
  4. Chiochan

Chiochan

I bid 20 shells for the 10$ PSN card.

zer05ive and ExoSphere64 like this.
  5. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

You all are lucky I have a pretty full wallet on PSN or I would outbid everyone for that $10 card.

6. kcheeb

kcheeb Premium

Wait a minute. I'm gonna bid on a PSN card and you're gonna ship me a shirt :confused:

:lol:

7. Schmiggz

Schmiggz

Do you know how's the DLC that's coming Zero?

8. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

I'd be surprised if anyone outside the building at PD knew about that and I'm including the execs at Sony in that group that doesn't know.

9. Schmiggz

Schmiggz

I would love another real world track. Some current Formula 1 circuit like Sepang or Montreal. Or the beautiful Portuguese Autodromo do Estoril.

..... and Porsche.

10. zer05ive

zer05ive Premium

lol oops! Fixed it. :cool:

that's a "blind man" emoticon btw :sly:

kcheeb likes this.
  11. kcheeb

kcheeb Premium

As much as I'd like new tracks, I'd prefer they fix the game first!

Dragonwhisky, fzappa, chatva and 4 others like this.
  12. DrKronin

DrKronin Premium

Sepang would be cool. That penultimate corner is devious. And speaking of Estoril, I wouldn't mind seeing Estoril's Spanish doppelganger either :) For the purposes of SNAIL, Interlagos, COTA, India, Turkey, Singapore, or even Korea would be a blast.

Infineon, Road Atlanta, Sebring, Mid Ohio, etc. would also be a fun direction to go.

As long as they keep 'em coming (as they've implied they will), I'll be happy.

Edit: Brain fart.

kcheeb likes this.
  13. IceWarden

IceWarden

Right back at ya sparky :)

Handlebar likes this.
  14. ExoSphere64

ExoSphere64

Can you remember the last time when your face hurt from smiling too much?? I can and it was called "Dirty Hornet Racing!" Great time tonight guys!! :tup::tup::tup:

ThePDTX, Handlebar, zer05ive and 2 others like this.
  15. CoachMK21

CoachMK21

D8 results are fully complete from last Sunday. Thanks for giving me access to make the updates @kcheeb

16. chuyler1

chuyler1 Premium

I choose...

Alpine A110 1600S '73
    Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit (Bathurst)

Time: 10:30
    Progression: 1

(Note this is the standard, not premium, car. The Premium car doesn't have the correct gearing for Bathurst. The standard car just barely hits the limiter at the end of the longest straight but I hope it isn't too much of an issue.)

I was reading this the other day and it's been on my mind...
    http://bringatrailer.com/2014/01/30/michelotti-blue-1976-alpine-a110/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oh and this too....

Jakedog23, chatva, KTR5 and 4 others like this.
  17. racefan78

racefan78

That should be...interesting.

18. chuyler1

chuyler1 Premium

Brake early and coast the downhill. The rest is a blast in this car.

19. zer05ive

zer05ive Premium

Thanks for making your Prize A and Prize B selections! Also, thanks to @Handlebar for updating the new prize assignments.

The February 16th lineup has been posted! :gtpflag:

Let's see some lineup photos for @jobyone to select from! Remember, $hells are up for grabs! :D

20. Neovre

Neovre

I love you for choosing Mount Panorama!!:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

chuyler1 and chatva like this.
  21. Azure Flare

Azure Flare (Banned)

chuyler1 and Kalem like this.
  22. Handlebar

Handlebar Premium

I think the track is pretty, but I am not yet a huge fan of racing Mt. Panorama. :indiff:

I am looking forward to these combos. :cheers: And since school was cancelled yet again... I can practice a bit today once I finish up temporary 'other duties as assigned or delegated' this morning. :tup:

Ok, after those replays, and the 110% chance I will be dragged out to the sledding hill. ;) Then I can practice.

JoeW and KTR5 like this.
  23. Chiochan

Chiochan

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Some photos of the new lineups.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

zer05ive, 88GTA, jobyone and 5 others like this.
  24. chuyler1

chuyler1 Premium

I saw a lot of requests for the track and its one I need to learn myself. I was prepared to bring the Elise to the track (which is amazing BTW, that car sticks almost every corner on rails). When I was granted the A prize it took me a while to find something else that wouldn't top out on the straight, that didn't overpower the uphill turns, and didn't understeer into every barrier. There will be lots of passing opportunities with this car/track combo. I just urge drivers not to attempt to be aggressive or make up time on the first portion of the downhill. If you wait to brake until just before "The Dipper", you'll be using your car as a roadblock shortly after.

zer05ive and Neovre like this.
  25. Troggy

Troggy

The Elise would have topped out.

Wolfsatz likes this.
  26. dabneyd

dabneyd Premium

Go slower than you think you have to (at first) for everything from Skyline to the Elbow. That section is a car eater (sung to the tune of "Maneater").

zer05ive and chuyler1 like this.
  27. chuyler1

chuyler1 Premium

With a boost from the draft it might have, but on typical laps with cool tires (less than 5 laps) it would only hit it if you perfected Forest's Elbow, then missed the optimal braking point at the end of Conrod Straight. The car stopped accelerating down the straight right near the limiter but couldn't get past it.
    Yep, that'll do it. You can't panic brake at any point between Skyline and Dipper. If you do it essentially lifts the back of the car off the ground and the motor becomes a pendulum that swings you around. If you're gonna win this race...it won't be because you were the fastest through that section...I can almost guarantee it. Practice being fast everywhere else and just worry about surviving those corners.

28. dabneyd

dabneyd Premium

[​IMG]
    Look at it! Respect it!

29. intoflatlines

intoflatlines

Wow, the turns seem so sharp at track level (in game at least). Awesome picture!

ThePDTX likes this.
  30. USERID_77a23

USERID_77a23

I just bought this car last week, it's a lot of fun:tup: