Open ◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Presented by ButtKicker: Feel What You've Been Missing

Discussion in 'SNAIL Racing League' started by zer05ive, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Oshawa-Joe

Oshawa-Joe

@JLBowler

The Driver List has been updated, including the part time priority listing. Let me know if any changes are required and I'll update asap. I have a rare Sunday at home (thank you Family Day Weekend).

Enjoy the racing tonight everyone!

KTR5 likes this.
  2. zer05ive

zer05ive Premium

Welcome back! :)

myato1 likes this.
  3. zer05ive

zer05ive Premium

Last edited: Feb 16, 2014
  4. shmibal_GT

shmibal_GT

Can someone post some lap times that a mid-pack D5er should be getting in these match ups? Thanks.

5. Chiochan

Chiochan

These are fine times for D5 smibal.

shmibal_GT likes this.
  6. Kalem

Kalem

I'll be back tonight after last weeks absence.

Combos look good !

Skills, zer05ive and Chiochan like this.
  7. Skills

Skills Premium

@Hottracer88,
    Thanks for your interest!
    We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
    Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by midnight EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday :tup:

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
    To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

Hottracer88 and zer05ive like this.
  8. chuyler1

chuyler1 Premium

This is my summer vehicle...

[​IMG]

And this is my winter vehicle...

[​IMG]

9. Handlebar

Handlebar Premium

10. zer05ive

zer05ive Premium

11. hooker4

hooker4

Unfortunately no 350.:( Wasnt what was advertised. Oh well, guess ill keep lookin. Might just bight the bullet and take out a mortgage to buy a brand new nismo 370.

KTR5 likes this.
  12. DriftinAssassin

DriftinAssassin

Late notice again... I may not be able to race tonight. I might go out to see PBR live tonight here in the Lou so that obviously means I won't be near my PS3. If that doesn't happen, family friends may come over and with two twin babies my attention must be put towards entertaining them so they don't cause mayhem. I hope this "Not Racing" thing isn't going to become a habit. :nervous:

13. wackedkid47

wackedkid47

I have set up a practice room for anyone wanting to join, I have set it to friends only so if you want add me: wackedboy

14. wackedkid47

wackedkid47

all division can join...current track Fuji Speedway GT with the Lotus Elise Race Car '96

15. ThePDTX

ThePDTX

That sucks. :/ I would suggest having a real good look at other used ones before doing the mortgage option to buy a new one. There are a lot of really good used cars, unbelievably cheap for the cars that they are...Unless you really want a Z and you looked trough all the options.

16. hooker4

hooker4

I like an s2000 as well and theres several In my area that are nice and fairly inexpensive. But I really like the z. I dont really want to spend $40, 000 on a new one though.

ThePDTX likes this.
  17. nmcp1

nmcp1

Trying to prepare for tonight's festivities. Can someone chime in with what I have for qualifying times tonight.

Round 1 Alpine @ Bathurst Qualifying = 7 min

Round 2 Lotus @ Fiji Qualifying = 6 min

Round 3 Mazda @ Silvestone Qualifying = 5 min

Last edited: Feb 16, 2014
  18. GTP_Rotary

GTP_Rotary

Very interesting & clean rotary engine pick up!

chuyler1 likes this.
  19. Handlebar

Handlebar Premium

I would recommend 7 on the first one - between the run up and recovery time if a lap goes bad, the extra 1 minute tries to give time for a horrid lap and a good one, but not 3 full laps.

soundtiger95 and Mirado_7 like this.
  20. nmcp1

nmcp1

Thanks @Handlebar Updated post above. :tup:

Handlebar likes this.
  21. llNovall

llNovall

Here's my toy in action.

88GTA, zer05ive and soundtiger95 like this.
  22. chuyler1

chuyler1 Premium

That's pretty amazing. Usually I can analyze someone's lap and come pretty close to it after an hour or so of practice. However, this car/track combo has me baffled. I'm a good 3-4 seconds off that pace and that's running a clean lap without missing apexes. I've studied a few 1:41 laps and can't find the time.

23. Wolfsatz

Wolfsatz

I played around different BB settings until I found the one I can take the Ss without any brake; you can easily make up or lose 1-2 seconds is the last section of the track.

24. intoflatlines

intoflatlines

Burned

25. RebelYeller73

RebelYeller73

Nice Truck.

chuyler1 likes this.
  26. jobyone

jobyone Premium

If you are taking the Ss without any brake how does the brake balance make a difference:confused:

Neovre likes this.
  27. Chiochan

Chiochan

No dude not at all. Those times are fast, and very respectable. I just don't think there is much difference in good lap times between the middle divisions. Much respect.

28. Wolfsatz

Wolfsatz

I still need to hit the brakes coming off 13 (and other area of the track, 1, CocaCola and the hairpin) to set up the following curves... I have not been able to take 13 without using brakes.. usually overshooting it...

... also racing lap times with traffic usually tend to be different than hot lapping.

Chiochan likes this.
  29. intoflatlines

intoflatlines

No worries, I was mostly kidding :D

Chiochan likes this.
  30. RobbiefromBC

RobbiefromBC

Hey there! I'm interested in joining your guys' group, looks like fun!
    PSN:BC_BOYZZ
    Time Zone: Pacific

I don't think I'm forgetting anything, cheers!

zer05ive and Skills like this.