◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,686 comments
@JLBowler

The Driver List has been updated, including the part time priority listing. Let me know if any changes are required and I'll update asap. I have a rare Sunday at home (thank you Family Day Weekend).

Enjoy the racing tonight everyone!

February 16, 2014 lineup
banners by @jobyone

ROUND ONE
Alpine A110 1600S '73
(144HP / PP 426) (Sports Hard tires)
at Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit (Bathurst) (4 laps)

photo by ???

ROUND TWO
Lotus Elise Race Car '96
(182HP / PP 504) (Racing Hard tires)
at Fuji Speedway GT (6 laps)

photo by ???

ROUND THREE
Mazda RX-7 Touring Car
(486HP / PP 577) (Racing Hard tires)
at Silverstone International (10 laps)

RX7rc_SilvInt_zps374106ac.jpg

photo by @Jakedog23

Last edited:
Hey how you doing I'm hottracer88 and like to see about joining.
@Hottracer88,
Thanks for your interest!
We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by midnight EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

Unfortunately no 350.:( Wasnt what was advertised. Oh well, guess ill keep lookin. Might just bight the bullet and take out a mortgage to buy a brand new nismo 370.

Late notice again... I may not be able to race tonight. I might go out to see PBR live tonight here in the Lou so that obviously means I won't be near my PS3. If that doesn't happen, family friends may come over and with two twin babies my attention must be put towards entertaining them so they don't cause mayhem. I hope this "Not Racing" thing isn't going to become a habit. :nervous:

Unfortunately no 350.:( Wasnt what was advertised. Oh well, guess ill keep lookin. Might just bight the bullet and take out a mortgage to buy a brand new nismo 370.
That sucks. :/ I would suggest having a real good look at other used ones before doing the mortgage option to buy a new one. There are a lot of really good used cars, unbelievably cheap for the cars that they are...Unless you really want a Z and you looked trough all the options.

That sucks. :/ I would suggest having a real good look at other used ones before doing the mortgage option to buy a new one. There are a lot of really good used cars, unbelievably cheap for the cars that they are...Unless you really want a Z and you looked trough all the options.
I like an s2000 as well and theres several In my area that are nice and fairly inexpensive. But I really like the z. I dont really want to spend $40, 000 on a new one though.

Trying to prepare for tonight's festivities. Can someone chime in with what I have for qualifying times tonight.

Round 1 Alpine @ Bathurst Qualifying = 7 min

Round 2 Lotus @ Fiji Qualifying = 6 min

Round 3 Mazda @ Silvestone Qualifying = 5 min

Last edited:
Trying to prepare for tonight's festivities. Can someone chime in with what I have for qualifying times tonight.

Round 1 Alpine @ Bathurst Qualifying = 6 min

Round 2 Lotus @ Fiji Qualifying = 6 min

Round 3 Mazda @ Silvestone Qualifying = 5 min

I would recommend 7 on the first one - between the run up and recovery time if a lap goes bad, the extra 1 minute tries to give time for a horrid lap and a good one, but not 3 full laps.

I saw klutch run a 1:40.. In the lotus today
That's pretty amazing. Usually I can analyze someone's lap and come pretty close to it after an hour or so of practice. However, this car/track combo has me baffled. I'm a good 3-4 seconds off that pace and that's running a clean lap without missing apexes. I've studied a few 1:41 laps and can't find the time.

That's pretty amazing. Usually I can analyze someone's lap and come pretty close to it after an hour or so of practice. However, this car/track combo has me baffled. I'm a good 3-4 seconds off that pace and that's running a clean lap without missing apexes. I've studied a few 1:41 laps and can't find the time.

I played around different BB settings until I found the one I can take the Ss without any brake; you can easily make up or lose 1-2 seconds is the last section of the track.

I played around different BB settings until I found the one I can take the Ss without any brake; you can easily make up or lose 1-2 seconds is the last section of the track.
If you are taking the Ss without any brake how does the brake balance make a difference:confused:

If you are taking the Ss without any brake how does the brake balance make a difference:confused:

I still need to hit the brakes coming off 13 (and other area of the track, 1, CocaCola and the hairpin) to set up the following curves... I have not been able to take 13 without using brakes.. usually overshooting it...

No dude not at all. Those times are fast, and very respectable. I just don't think there is much difference in good lap times between the middle divisions. Much respect.

... also racing lap times with traffic usually tend to be different than hot lapping.

Back