◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,775 comments
There were times it felt different from one lap to the next for me. Strange stuff going on. Hopefully it means they are tinkering with the servers and there is an update coming tomorrow.

You know, that really makes me think. Even in practice I noticed that some laps at Bathurst I was able to hit the limiter as I began turning in for the right-hand kink after the Conrad straight. Other laps, I wouldn't hit it until right before the following braking point. Some of that could be better/worse exits from Forest's Elbow, but it doesn't feel to me like that alone could explain it.

West coast was a blast. @Neovre again won the night but at lest I got to run with him for one race. Then he went and changed his oil:crazy:. @NDRK1088 got a well earned second and even managed to beat Neo on one race. @tezgm99 came in third. Well done guys! There was lots of friendly Bangor and we loved having @Drgreenthumb977, @Wolfsatz and @chatva racing with us.

Good thing I have tomorrow because of Presidents Day.

Here are some pictures from the D8 races tonight. Like many others said, we had a lot connection issues and started late because of it. It didn't get any better throughout the evening, as we started with 12, but only 6 made the final race.

@KTR5 (CoachMK21) and @speer9892003 heading toward turn 2

Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit.jpg

This is a "how to" not to do turn 2. Trust me, turn 2 in race 2 was nearly perfect and nothing like this.
Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_1.jpg

@CCraft (The_Gumslinger_0) and @wvhellbilly
Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_2.jpg

@wvhellbilly followed by a train of cars on the final lap
Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_3.jpg

The start of Race #2 with @Rolly21581 leading
Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_4.jpg

This is what happens when a car checks up on the start.
Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_5.jpg

Turn 1 with @Orobouros outside of @Rolly21581
Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_6.jpg

@KTR5 (CoachMK21) making a pass on @CCraft (The_Gumslinger_0)
Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_7.jpg

Look at @Rolly21581 and his shiny paint job!
Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_8.jpg

@Kylar One (#21) and @FBR_Steve coming out of turn 1 at Fuji
Fuji Speedway GT.jpg

Start of race #2 with @wackedkid47 (WackedBoy) leading the group
Fuji Speedway GT_1.jpg

@Kylar One followed by @Sharkb8ii @CCraft

Fuji Speedway GT_2.jpg

@speer9892003 and @Kylar One coming out of turn 2 at Silverstone

Silverstone International Circuit.jpg

WATCH OUT FOR FLYING CONES!!!
@Kylar One @jaybocc2 and @Sharkb8ii
Silverstone International Circuit_1.jpg

Same group in a tight battle still
Silverstone International Circuit_2.jpg

In the final race of the night @CCraft with @Kylar One @jaybocc2 and @FBR_Steve
Silverstone International Circuit_3.jpg

I love this picture. @FBR_Steve @jaybocc2 @Kylar One @KTR5 heading into Club corner
Silverstone International Circuit_4.jpg

Pass for the lead?
Silverstone International Circuit_5.jpg

Attachments

• Fuji Speedway GT_2.jpg
    Fuji Speedway GT_2.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 8
  • Fuji Speedway GT_2.jpg
    Fuji Speedway GT_2.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
West coast was a blast. @Neovre again won the night but at lest I got to run with him for one race. Then he went and changed his oil:crazy:. @NDRK1088 got a well earned second and even managed to beat Neo on one race. @tezgm99 came in third. Well done guys! There was lots of friendly Bangor and we loved having @Drgreenthumb977, @Wolfsatz and @chatva racing with us.

lol... And people from other divisions are whining about domination... Well done to @NDRK1088 !! I had to make that pass at Fuji or else I might not get a second chance on you Ned, not going to let you run away a second time :lol: @jobyone that Fuji combo definitely suited you well. Great racing yet another week in DWC.

lol... And people from other divisions are whining about domination... Well done to @NDRK1088 !! I had to make that pass at Fuji or else I might not get a second chance on you Ned, not going to let you run away a second time :lol: @jobyone that Fuji combo definitely suited you well. Great racing yet another week in DWC.
Not sure but It seemed like I was taking the first left without brakes and everyone else was braking. I loose a lot of time on the last turns though. I hope that combo sticks around as I know I have time to gain there. I really enjoyed driving the Alpine at Mt Panarama. Not the best racing but great car and track to drive it on.

I really enjoyed driving the Alpine at Mt Panorama.

As did I, I hope it stays as long as it can, along with the RX-7 (I wish it had more brap brap brap to the idle though). The Lotus @ Fuji can go to hell.

Why? I hate driving the Lotus on it's stock setup, and I'm not too fond of Fuji anyway.

I can't do Sundays. Monday Australian and I got School.

You told me there were other days? Is there a Friday (Your time) one?

As did I, I hope it stays as long as it can, along with the RX-7 (I wish it had more brap brap brap to the idle though). The Lotus @ Fuji can go to hell.

Why? I hate driving the Lotus on it's stock setup, and I'm not too fond of Fuji anyway.

For me, the Alpine has to go, the open diff on the car is horrible, wheel spin out of turn 3 is unavoidable and I hate that, bouncing off the limiter in slip stream was bad because when it happens mid corner after Conrod straight it causes lift off oversteer. The track can stay of course! The other 2 combos promote great racing and does not allow anyone to break away from the pack until someone makes a mistake and allows the quicker guys to break away and steady down into their usual faster pace. Fuji is a very dynamic track where different lines can be taken and car control is important especially with the Lotus.

For those understeering with the RX7 play with the brake bias a little bit, and try to trail brake into corners where your car understeers most, be sure to clip the apexes and you should be good for consistent 1:02 laps

For me, the Alpine has to go, the open diff on the car is horrible, wheel spin out of turn 3 is unavoidable and I hate that, bouncing off the limiter in slip stream was bad because when it happens mid corner after Conrod straight it causes lift off oversteer. The track can stay of course! The other 2 combos promote great racing and does not allow anyone to break away from the pack until someone makes a mistake and allows the quicker guys to break away and steady down into their usual faster pace. Fuji is a very dynamic track where different lines can be taken and car control is important especially with the Lotus.

For those understeering with the RX7 play with the brake bias a little bit, and try to trail brake into corners where your car understeers most, be sure to clip the apexes and you should be good for consistent 1:02 laps
I was running mid to high 1:03s with stock ( spec ;) ) brake balance. But a few careless mistakes cost me track position

Look at @Rolly21581 and his shiny paint job!
View attachment 116162

awesome, i let my daughter pick my colors for the week, :gtpflag:

good times in d8, connection issues (or i would just end up freezing, and reset with no hard reset scan)
but it was fun while it lasted. i did not eat dinner and when we were waiting for that one guy to get off fuji, the KD was calling my name.

i might set up a room tonight and try to redoo the stuff i was supposed to race last night. i prob could have made it til the end. i generally have a decent connection,

Other than the many who had connection issues I can say last night was a blast. Just wanted to say thanks wvhellbilly for hosting and kylarone for taking over when wv had the issues! I was hoping wvhellbilly would have made it back during round 2 as I thought we could have had a great battle.

Last edited:
@Azure Flare recommended me looking at this. Can someone give me a quick run down on what this is about because I am very interested.
@RESHIRAM5,
Thanks for your interest!
We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by midnight EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

I don't know that I'd call it more driver friendly. Bathurst isn't really known to be a "close racing" track, at least across all divisions.

Our division had some close racing lol, first race we had a 0.015 gap finish between 1st and 2nd lol

Back