◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,696 comments
racefan78
If I remember right we were running 44's with the ocasional 43.5. We speculated that 42's would be possible. I don't think we were that far off.
There you go. But qualifying times were like 2-3 secs better. Anyways...something was up.

GT6 wouldn't be smart enough to recognize more cars on track causing the pavement to warm up and also more rubber laid down would it? lol

Yes I agree. Me and Neo were facing the same ordeal a couple days ago flatlines. I thought for sure I could easily hit a 1.38. Heck I saw a 1.38.5 easy. But the moment we switched to a different room the best I could pull was a 1.40.9 which surprised us. He figured tire wear was turned off in the last room and thts y we were capable of those times
I really think it was a random glitch. The only way that's possible is if the game doesn't follow the saved settings. My saved practice room settings are 100% per SNAIL spec, except I have qualifiers OFF and grid set to slowest first.

@JLBowler... I'm working on uploading replays but I have a problem... I forgot to save the 2nd race of 3rd combo, so we have to check if anyone else on D4 recorded it and let him know how to upload it to the directors sheet.

IM GOING TO SCREAM TO THE HEAVENS..... PLEASE PD. I BEG YOU TO FIX YOUR GAME. I LOVE GT. BUT IM SLOWLY LOVING GT5 MORE THAN GT6

So one of my races was ruined last night from a driver not being able to see me (or a few others) on track. Not sure if it is a network issue with certain drivers, the lobby host, or what. Any thoughts on how to diagnose this and prevent it causing future problems? Maybe have the steward remind everyone on the track how many drivers they "should" see? It's not the first time I've heard people have this issue.

So one of my races was ruined last night from a driver not being able to see me (or a few others) on track. Not sure if it is a network issue with certain drivers, the lobby host, or what. Any thoughts on how to diagnose this and prevent it causing future problems? Maybe have the steward remind everyone on the track how many drivers they "should" see? It's not the first time I've heard people have this issue.
During practice time before qualifying, racers should meet on the track and make sure everyone is visible , if everyone is there host begins qualifying
:cheers:

The division steward does not drive in that division so that idea wouldn't work. The host could do it but, realistically, it's up to the individual to speak up and let everyone know first. This happened to the WC room last night as well, but I believe only for one race as after that was over, those people left and came back; problem sorted.

During practice time before qualifying, racers should meet on the track and make sure everyone is visible , if everyone is there host begins qualifying
:cheers:

Doesn't always work either, there have been times where you could see everyone during practice but then someone disappears when the race starts.

Before every qualifier and race we all physically get on track (not just the pits from the lobby) and confirm how many drivers we see (host asks all if they can see 14 drivers, if not then please let him know before he starts the race/qualifier). We don't have problems with drivers not seeing each other, at least as far as I know.

The division steward does not drive in that division so that idea wouldn't work. The host could do it but, realistically, it's up to the individual to speak up and let everyone know first. This happened to the WC room last night as well, but I believe only for one race as after that was over, those people left and came back; problem sorted.

Doesn't always work either, there have been times where you could see everyone during practice but then someone disappears when the race starts.
We are parading here, Mr.rain

@JLBowler... I'm working on uploading replays but I have a problem... I forgot to save the 2nd race of 3rd combo, so we have to check if anyone else on D4 recorded it and let him know how to upload it to the directors sheet.

Go ahead and upload what you have. The missing replay can always be added in later.

First of all, I'd like to thank everyone in D5 who came out last night and stuck with us through the numerous disconnects and room changes. I had a great time and hopefully next week will go a lot smoother!

Secondly, I've had a little more time to work on my skin for the McLaren 12C GT3 in Assetto Corsa. The changes are as follows:
- Moved S.N.A.I.L. logo to the bumper, and added one on the rear
- Added number boards from the 24 Hours of Nurburgring with my personal number
- Added Save the Ring logo
- color has been changed to be closer to the final color(BMW Sakhir Orange)

Showroom_mclaren_mp412c_gt3_17-2-2014-16-15-44.png

Showroom_mclaren_mp412c_gt3_17-2-2014-16-15-57.png

In D4 the second race at Bathurst was 3-wide going into the last corner. Quite a battle! Of course I was handicapped by racing with no sound. GT6 decided on the last lap of race 1 to just cut out. Between races I tried power cycling my stereo receiver and even turning the TV sound on but clearly the game wasn't outputting anything. Anyway, since I won the first race by a large margin and didn't want to screw up the starting grid, we decided it would be fun to see how I would do without the sound. I couldn't hear the tires so I had to dial things back quite a bit.
I have experienced this same issue recently. It only happens in gt6. The only way I can get sound back is to reset my ps3.

I have experienced this same issue recently. It only happens in gt6. The only way I can get sound back is to reset my ps3.
Just curious, I noticed my receiver was on DTS when it wasn't working. After rebooting it was using Dolby Digital (which is usually the default). Were you using DTS?

I don't do it that often but i'm craving for some gta v right now, so if any snail or non snail want to join and chill in the virtual world, add me on psn and join the fun psn is pifachu

Hey guys, just putting it out there, if you got some time Wednesday evening, and wanna take a break from the combo practice, come get WEIRD with some of your fellow SNAILs. This week we are featuring Americas classic steel! Check it out!

All that sexy pictures are making want to get AC but I got no spare change at the moment =(

If you do get the money for it, buy it asap. It's currently in early access at 22% off, once it's released it'll up to full price. We're currently at 0.6.5, with updates every two weeks. Last Friday's update only went up 0.0.5, but the previous updates were 0.1 at a time. Going by that, I figure it'll be at 1.0 sometime this spring or early summer.

On my second lap I felt like Shawn White trying to make up for his first half-pipe run. My YOLO line through the downhill lost more time that it stood to gain. It was good enough for the front row but a solid 1.5 seconds off my personal best.
I-Pod is just sick. I know Shaun White has a YOLO flip too, but he's about killed himself trying to learn it. I guess it's kinda similar your YOLO line last night. Anyways, it sucked to see him put all his eggs into that one event only to come up short, but it was even worse seeing him try to sell that second run to the judges as if he had just won gold. :rolleyes:

I must have missed his quote-unquote sale to the judges. I knew he didn't win instantly...just like at Vancouver it was obvious he did win. I feel bad that the conditions weren't optimal (and that goes for most of the skiing/boarding hopefuls from the US) but that's part of the sport. It's like bitching about the rain when you lose to Senna.

On a related note, I would like to see score sheets for some of these sports to see how the judges are breaking down a run.

Just curious, I noticed my receiver was on DTS when it wasn't working. After rebooting it was using Dolby Digital (which is usually the default). Were you using DTS?
My receiver used Dolby digital for my ps3. I've been trying to figure out a pattern to this problem, but it seems to be completely random.

D6 data, laptimes, etc has all been entered now.

I really wish Exo hadn't been called into work.

Man I am so sorry Handlebar (and the rest of D6). Getting called out on race night was inevitable. I go on call once a month and I have dodged the proverbial bullet for almost two years. Checking the thread when I could, it looked like the DC monster was in typical form last night. It makes me wonder who the responsible party really is. Is it Sony or GT6. I have played other online games and don't have any problems. Only with GT6. Maybe we need to spam inform Kaz and the PD gang as well as PSN...

Back