◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,772 comments
original.jpg

I just preordered this and I am so coool. (said in my best Cartman voice)

I want to participate again. Division in which I can participate? thank you
@rmb_senna,
You'll need to run the time again like the others mentioned. To refresh your memory on the way our league works I'll give the official welcome:

Thanks for your interest!
We would love to have you back in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by midnight EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome back to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

Greetings all, I'm very interested in joining the Sunday spec league if possible. I'll be looking here for a reply for time trial directions. Hope to hear back :)
@ParkerMO125,
We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by midnight EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

Hi! I would like to participate, how should I do ?
@vitorf_mattos,
We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

SNAIL CLASSIFIEDS!

Do you have a fast internet connection and able to organize and direct a practice room? Team SNAIL is loooking for 2-3 hosts/directors for Thursday Official Practice.

If interested in hosting/directing and earning Shells! Let me know as soon as possible so that I can coordinate tomorrow's practice.

Thanks!

I can help run practice, do we know what were racing? i might do a little practice tonight, too. can someone plz pm me the set up vid. i know i asked for it a while back, but i lost in all the pages and lost it in busy life

Had a fun experience at my local grocery store since the 2nd nascar race in phoenix is coming up in 2 weeks so they a promotion going on and they had iracing sim on with triple screen and wheel setup and i ran the 2nd fastest lap at PIR with a 31.005 and after playing on iracing i want to get but its too expensive for me right now but its a great sim though and i had a lot of fun.

I can help run practice, do we know what were racing? i might do a little practice tonight, too. can someone plz pm me the set up vid. i know i asked for it a while back, but i lost in all the pages and lost it in busy life

Rolly, thanks for stepping up, can you please run a test at speedtest.net and post your upload and download speed?

My stewarding duties are finished for the week. Thank you to all the replay uploading guys for getting them up and ready for us.

Quick question, step 2 for entry. Do I send TT to skills or bowler? Appreciate the all the info, and look forward to it. I don't have much home time this evening, but ill be getting on it all tomorrow after work. Parker

Quick question, step 2 for entry. Do I send TT to skills or bowler? Appreciate the all the info, and look forward to it. I don't have much home time this evening, but ill be getting on it all tomorrow after work. Parker

Click the words "time trial", they're in blue as a link in your welcome message from Skills. That will take you to all the settings and a form to fill out that will automatically go to the right place.

As an ex-fan of Shuffle racing I like the mystery car choice side of your equation. However, for various reasons, I have to use a controller so the stick shifting requirement would preclude me (and probably others) from taking part.

If you were to drop the gearshift requirement you could add to the mystery/variety by including all 27 cars from the recommended list. I know you mightn't get consensus on the night if people were to vote for their car choice from the full list so perhaps you could split the pack in 3 and simply vote from a different bunch of 9 cars each week.
The shifter is one of the key factors of the event man. It would just be My without the stick. And that sounds just a little to much like meh.
Yeah, fair enough. The format just doesn't suit everyone is all I'm saying.
Why not? A usable shifter is only required of the car, I'm sure you won't be disallowed if you don't have a clutch and h-gate.
Rally,

I think, per the description, one would be explicitly disallowed for not having the clutch and H-gate.
@OxideKart17 is right. This event is only open to those who will be using their H-gate and clutch during the race.

@turnupdaheat I understand that this format doesn't suit everyone, but that's not the goal for this event. All of our other events are open to everyone, so I think it's okay to have some restrictions on one series. Besides, I've been wanting to do something like this for a really long time. :)

Having been a part of the first event of this kind zer0 did, and considering his general want to include as many as possible, I find it highly unlikely that anyone would be sent home for not having an h-gate and clutch.
Please don't think any less of my lol. It's not that I want to disallow anyone from participating, it's just that I think more guys will be willing to use use their H-gate and clutch if they know that everyone else on the grid is too. To be candid, it's simply human nature to not want to put yourself at a disadvantage when in a competition of any kind. If using an H-gate and clutch was equally as fast as using paddle shifters and left-foot braking, I bet everyone would be doing it because it's just so much more engaging (pun intended) and enjoyable IMO.

Back