◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,413 comments
yes I understand now mr. bowler all that practice went into vein like oyu said it would lol. oh well now I know for future purposes

Thank you to everyone who filed incident reports this week. Please remember that YOU are responsible for the clean racing in this league. If YOU don't submit incident reports for things that should be reported then YOU aren't helping to promote clean racing. And if you're not part of the solution, then you're part of the problem! Clean racing doesn't just happen.. It takes respect, accountability, and the responsibility to point out when someone is not driving cleanly.
Please reply to this post if you agree or disagree with this statement.

Agreed.

The combo I have chosen after spending the entire night working on is the BRZ GT300 Base Model on RH tires around the nurburgring GP/F track and I figured 10 laps would be great for this course. Is this combo acceptable?

As JoeW says below me now. The car is over the price cap. You will need to make another selection.

I like the combo but it would have to wait until next month.

The combo I have chosen after spending the entire night working on is the BRZ GT300 Base Model on RH tires around the nurburgring GP/F track and I figured 10 laps would be great for this course. Is this combo acceptable?
I suggested a very similar car to this car a couple of days ago but it costs too much :(

I think people voted the car off, not the track...from the talk I have heard.
If the money limit was raised to $500k OMG there are some really nice and controllable GT300 cars that all divisions could have fun with. Granted they are low power, high grip cars, but I do believe the racing would be extremely close with something like the Impreza GT300 Base Model or the Lexus GT300 Base Model. But alas...it is not to be.

It would indeed be an awesome combo promoting close racing. Nice try.

REALLY JOE... ahh man I really hope they accept this combo im sick of driving the slow cars I really want to amp it up a lil bit. I really hope they let me have it

REALLY JOE... ahh man I really hope they accept this combo im sick of driving the slow cars I really want to amp it up a lil bit. I really hope they let me have it

Here are your car and track selection rules as copy and pasted from the results post.

Preliminary prize winners, please don't announce your car and/or track selection until all racing complaints are filed and you are given the "all clear" to announce your selection. It's also important that you review our Car/Track History so that you can see a complete history of how many times we've raced each car and track (just scroll to the right of that tab). Please remember that originality is always appreciated. Therefore, picking cars and tracks that we've never raced is a plus (but not required). Most importanty, make sure you thoroughly test any combo that you are considering before making it your official selection. For example, the car should not hit its rev limiter at any point during the race (even in the draft).

Car Selection Guidelines
Dealership Cars - The maximum price for a selected car is now $250,000
DLC Cars - Only DLC cars that are FREE and currently still available in the PlayStation Store can be selected.

Track Selection Guidelines
Any non-DLC track can be selected as long as a single lap with the car combo'd with it would not take more than five minutes to complete. For example, don't select anything that includes the Nurburgring's Nordschleife.

IMPORTANT NOTE: When posting your Prize A or Prize B selection, please list the complete in-game name of the car and/or track you are selecting. For example, if you want to select the Amuse Superlegara for your car, post "Amuse Nismo 380 RS Superlagara". If you want to select Monza for a track, post "Autodromo Nazionale Monza". This makes it much easier for the lineup to be updated accurately and also prevents confusing other league members as to which car or track you are selecting.

We also might want to put @speer9892003 on the clock to make a pick for his Prize B. If he's not going to do it, we need to get a vote up quickly.

@K1utch
I did recommend:
"Maybe something like a M3 CSL or if you want a race car maybe something a little more tame like the Lutecia Trophy '00 or the new Megane Trophy '11. I even like the Arta Garaiya but you can't paint it...boo...
...on a track like SSR5, GP/F, Motegi or along those lines. Not too small or confined due to our large grids but with enough curves that let the track flow."

Good thinking though...I like it ;)

The limit is specifically written as $250k max. I agree it would be a great car, but it just won't work at this time.

MMMMM jst did a few runs in the arta garaiya around the same track. ITS a lil different but also the same a little with rm tires instead... rh or rm. I like the idea of it. ARTA GARAIYA on RM around nurburgring GP/F track. mm what do you guys think?

MMMMM jst did a few runs in the arta garaiya around the same track. ITS a lil different but also the same a little with rm tires instead... rh or rm. I like the idea of it. ARTA GARAIYA on RM around nurburgring GP/F track. mm what do you guys think?
Tire Restrictions: (based on Dealership PP)
Street Cars
below 450 PP -> Sports Hards
450-499 PP ---> Sports Mediums
500 PP & up --> Sports Softs
Race Cars
below 600 PP -> Racing Hards
600 PP & up --> Racing Mediums

bowler I like that idea too. ill go look into it as well the 86 base model is also a favorite of mine and I enjoy that car around the Silverstone grand prix track on sports soft tires. its really fun

Due to its PP, the Arta will be on RH. Only downfall is you can't paint it.

@JLBowler
Man that thing is slow though. No possible way to spin it out. Even on SH tires...I tested it for DTC on Tues.

I just went with something I knew would fit off the top of my head. It would definitely allow most drivers to get everything out of the car.

Thank you to everyone who filed incident reports this week. Please remember that YOU are responsible for the clean racing in this league. If YOU don't submit incident reports for things that should be reported then YOU aren't helping to promote clean racing. And if you're not part of the solution, then you're part of the problem! Clean racing doesn't just happen.. It takes respect, accountability, and the responsibility to point out when someone is not driving cleanly.
Please reply to this post if you agree or disagree with this statement.
Goat agrees.👍
Are the combos posted yet:confused:

NO not yet mr. bowler need a bit more time to decide. Havent given up on my high speed nurburgring track idea yet. Just need to test a lil longer.

Goat agrees.👍
Are the combos posted yet:confused:

I know you just wanted to see a guy get slapped with a fish so here you go.

152991-jackass_david_strick_1_large.jpg

NO not yet mr. bowler need a bit more time to decide. Havent given up on my high speed nurburgring track idea yet. Just need to test a lil longer.

Can you do everyone a favor and not post any other combo ideas until you're ready to announce the actual choice. It will save some people some confusion.

SNAIL CLASSIFIEDS!

Do you have a fast internet connection and able to organize and direct a practice room? Team SNAIL is loooking for 2-3 hosts/directors for Thursday Official Practice.

If interested in hosting/directing and earning Shells! Let me know as soon as possible so that I can coordinate tomorrow's practice.

Thanks!

Are you in need of some Shells? Still looking for someone with a fast internet connection to host/direct a practice lobby tonight.

The objective for tonight will be to have 3 rooms BLUE, YELLOW AND RED.
I have 2 hosts for tonight and in need of one more. Send me a PM if you can host tonight.

Back