◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,696 comments
I'm not a hockey guy but I did watch the end of this game. I am a sports official and I know what a dive is and that is what I saw on the last breakaway that Canada had. Set up a 4 on 3 that resulted in the winning goal. I know when I see that limited amount of contact and the first part of the body to go down is not the body part that was touched, it's a dive. I really think the official knew it but had already blown their whistle and didn't want to waive off the penalty call. It seemed to take long time to signal anything. If it was an obvious penalty, it should have been a penalty shot. Classic case of an official being too proud (or stupid) to realize they were wrong and fix it while they have a chance.

Complete ********...Haley W. wouldn't do that...she's a standup player, and has WAY more honour than this. It was a ****** occurence, but not a dive. I don't know if I agree it should have been a penalty or not, but not a dive..

Since you're not a hockey player, I wouldn't expect you to completely understand how it works, but at that speed there's very little that wouldn't take someone down when it's a leg on foot contact..

Aquote="zer05ive, post: 9368024, member: 190831"]Thank you to everyone who filed incident reports this week. Please remember that YOU are responsible for the clean racing in this league. If YOU don't submit incident reports for things that should be reported then YOU aren't helping to promote clean racing. And if you're not part of the solution, then you're part of the problem! Clean racing doesn't just happen.. It takes respect, accountability, and the responsibility to point out when someone is not driving cleanly.
Please reply to this post if you agree or disagree with this statement.
[/quote]
agreed

I'm not a hockey guy but I did watch the end of this game. I am a sports official and I know what a dive is and that is what I saw on the last breakaway that Canada had. Set up a 4 on 3 that resulted in the winning goal. I know when I see that limited amount of contact and the first part of the body to go down is not the body part that was touched, it's a dive. I really think the official knew it but had already blown their whistle and didn't want to waive off the penalty call. It seemed to take long time to signal anything. If it was an obvious penalty, it should have been a penalty shot. Classic case of an official being too proud (or stupid) to realize they were wrong and fix it while they have a chance.
LOL, well i guess at least it good to see more yanks watching hockey :P

im canadian and could not give 2 craps Mr williams sums it upfor me:go to 5:13

for the record i do got the $$ on usa for the gold, ryan miller with legit nhlers infront of him will be a show!!

Ok im ready for my combo. The combo will consist of the nissan skyline GT-R R32 Touring Car. Around the Nurburgring GP/F track. RHtires. This has to be a good one. This is my combo

So..

Nissan Skyline GT-R R32 Touring Car (520 hp / 568 PP)
At
Nurburgring GP/F on Racing Hard tires...

@zer05ive will update that in a bit, I am sure.

Was shooting for the top of the page, maybe next time. Here is a teaser.:sly:
513EX7DDKKL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I am doing a second play through right now, I seem to remember getting the skyline as a prize car for... something. anybody remember how? or am I mistaken?

Considering I have games that non plus members would pay over $50 for. Multiple free games. That in itself offsets the cost. I also have a PS4 and to play online. You have to have plus. So it isn't an option at this point. However they offer a multitude of free stuff for being a member that will indeed offset the cost. In essence making it free and then some. ;)

---------------------------------------
Room Set Up Video Tutorial:

I'd put this vid on page 1, its more detailed

Complete ********...Haley W. wouldn't do that...she's a standup player, and has WAY more honour than this. It was a ****** occurence, but not a dive. I don't know if I agree it should have been a penalty or not, but not a dive..

Since you're not a hockey player, I wouldn't expect you to completely understand how it works, but at that speed there's very little that wouldn't take someone down when it's a leg on foot contact..

You're watching something different that I saw then. I saw very slight contact from a hand/arm to the lower back and then I saw the Canadian player's right leg move forward and across her body and then she goes down. I don't believe that hockey players fall due to contact differently than every other athlete on the planet, but it looked like a dive to me. If she would have went down leading with the upper body, where the contact was, then I wouldn't be calling it a dive. To further add to the questionable nature of the call in general, the call was cross checking and not tripping so evidently the official didn't see any contact to the leg either (because it wasn't there). That would have been the easy cop out for the official if there was any contact. The cross checking call was a guess as to what happened as the official was out of position and bought what the Canadian player was selling. I watched it real time and one replay and I didn't see any reason to call a trip on that play. Real time from behind I can see making the call if you're an impatient official or if you just want to take a guess as to what happened. Kudos to the Canadian player for falling down and getting the call, it's part of the game I guess. Too much like soccer for my taste but it is what it is. Bad calls happen all the time in sports. Canada benefitted from this one. I guess you get the benefit of the doubt when you've won 20 in a row.

As reference, I never played ice hockey because in California we don't have much ice laying around. I did play quite a bit of blade hockey (same rules as ice just with roller blades) so I have a pretty good grasp of what's going on during a game.

I am doing a second play through right now, I seem to remember getting the skyline as a prize car for... something. anybody remember how? or am I mistaken?

I'm at 100%, and haven't sold any cars, but did not already have it. So I don't believe it's a prize car.

Thank you to everyone who filed incident reports this week. Please remember that YOU are responsible for the clean racing in this league. If YOU don't submit incident reports for things that should be reported then YOU aren't helping to promote clean racing. And if you're not part of the solution, then you're part of the problem! Clean racing doesn't just happen.. It takes respect, accountability, and the responsibility to point out when someone is not driving cleanly.

Agree for sure...now the hard part (for me anyways) is going to be stern with myself about submitting it... I always want to give the other guy the benefit of the doubt. Will report anything from now on for sure.

@zer05ive so I was on my own and decided to give a go at no abs with the Elise at Fuji. It was great. I got faster each lap and finally hit a 1:44 flat with more to come. It made me think maybe your mystic event should be no abs. Since everyone is using good wheels with shifters why not push the limits?
Hmm.. That's not something I was considering, but I guess it could be a stretch goal depending on how many show up for the races. I'd rather not implement that right away though since it would probably lower interest (and probably spread out the field as well). For me personally, I'd rather focus on improving my driving skill with a stick shift than worry about racing with no ABS. For example, I want to learn how to heel-toe and rev match etc. That being said, I like the idea of maximum realism within reason.. Which of the Mystic cars don't have ABS in real life?

Hmm.. That's not something I was considering, but I guess it could be a stretch goal depending on how many show up for the races. I'd rather not implement that right away though since it would probably lower interest (and probably spread out the field as well). For me personally, I'd rather focus on improving my driving skill with a stick shift than worry about racing with no ABS. For example, I want to learn how to heel-toe and rev match etc. That being said, I like the idea of maximum realism within reason.. Which of the Mystic cars don't have ABS in real life?
The Ferrari and the Audi:)

its one thing while hot lapping and another in a race when the car in front breaks suddenly and well you lock em up!
i tried it once and rear ended someone.

Practice 1472-6118-3701-4257-0623
Canceled - Had to leave and buy another car. Said the first one was tuned.

I agree on the
FYI, after turning a few laps, I'd guess that the top drivers will be doing laps in the 1:58-2:00 range. So with a grid start, 5 laps should put us at just over 10 minutes.

Then I am feeling better about my chances this week!

I agree that I would rather have D1 finish at 9:50 for five laps than D8 finish at 12:40+ For six laps.

Thank you to everyone who filed incident reports this week. Please remember that YOU are responsible for the clean racing in this league. If YOU don't submit incident reports for things that should be reported then YOU aren't helping to promote clean racing. And if you're not part of the solution, then you're part of the problem! Clean racing doesn't just happen.. It takes respect, accountability, and the responsibility to point out when someone is not driving cleanly.
Totally agree

Agreed

Totally disagree. I think the volunteer stewards should have to watch every driver's view from every race and look for the smallest infractions. Everyone has a spare large number of hours to put aside for reviews, right?

I am sure that someone already asked this before. But concerning the BRZ combo is it ok if a person buys the actual racecar and not the base model.

I am sure that someone already asked this before. But concerning the BRZ combo is it ok if a person buys the actual racecar and not the base model.

The BRZ is not being used. It is over the credit cap for a car selection. That was discussed within a few posts of it being brought up.

Zero, I agree 99.9% with you. For some reason I always had trouble filing reports against other drivers unless i consider his move absolutely retarded because his penalties will not bring my position or points back and mostly because I truly believe that most incidents happen due to a fraction of a second braindead that if the person who provoked the incident could turn back time he wouldn't do the same thing again.
The only very few times that I reported an incident was because I could clearly see on the replay that the other driver went way beyond basic rules of sportsmanship and racecraft.
But this is only my very personal opinion and I don't have any intention to influence anyone with it. Let that be very clear.
PS: On man's hockey semifinal I'm pretty sure we're gonna send team USA home. Canada has been playing below our expectations but I think that's part of our strategy as real games start now and it's important to reach this phase fully fit. Against the USA it's always the game of the games. the big one and Sidney Crosby & sus muchachos will be more than ready to deliver.

Back