◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,415 comments
I have had lots of good times racing with SNAIL. With that said, I am disappointed with the current state of GT6 OLR. The game is to glitchy for me to expect a clean set of combos every sunday night and then have to listen to the moans and jestures about connection issue that others are assuming I cause. Because of this issue I AM retiring from SNAIL racing. However, I will be online to race other events or practice with many of the great drivers I have come to know.

Again, it was a good time for the past YEAR and best of luck to all SNAILs, new and old!

Sincerely,
X
No one was saying that it was your fault that you were lagging, but for whatever reason the GT6 overlords chose your particular session to mess with and you were lagging and jumping all over the place. Then when plenty of people mentioned that you were lagging, you kept trying to discuss/explain that you were not seeing any lag... but when many other drivers are saying that you are lagging (and they can't even make out what you are saying over audio, because it's so laggy), you should exit and rejoin. Unless you expect the many other drivers to exit out instead? Anyway, it was good racing with you, hopefully we will race again.

I have had lots of good times racing with SNAIL. With that said, I am disappointed with the current state of GT6 OLR. The game is to glitchy for me to expect a clean set of combos every sunday night and then have to listen to the moans and jestures about connection issue that others are assuming I cause. Because of this issue I AM retiring from SNAIL racing. However, I will be online to race other events or practice with many of the great drivers I have come to know.

Again, it was a good time for the past YEAR and best of luck to all SNAILs, new and old!

Sincerely,
X
Dont leave x! But If you do and I understand. You will be missed

As of right now I have reached the time of a 1.57.3. Anyone else stuck cause I know I am lol. I hope everyone likes the combo cause I think its really fun lol
Were you doing these times in the race? Fastest D2 race laps were in the 59s.

I stopped caring or pursuing after a few 1:58.6 even though I know where I lost time.. I'm a racer not a time attacker. I rather be able to run similar to my best laps in traffic than putting down a super fast lap while running solo.. But then again, that might be the wrong attitude if I want to compete for GT Academy. In the end, I guess I'm just lazy lol....Plus a bit skeptical on Klutch's times because of how he puts down these laps.
Nothing personal Klutch I know you are plenty quick but sometimes your lap times seem absurd to me. It may interest me to fight and get a better time than you if I actually see the replay of those laps posted here.

If you think its round and about your best time then you did great. The time trial is there to make sure you are matches competitively to equally skilled racers.
Awesome I really like the set-up S.N.A.I.L. has for the equal racing! :D great stuff.

I have no idea weather it is a subtitle time or not. although I saw a ton of room for improvement after the 10th lap I left it as is because I didn’t want to be put in a division that is out of my league.

Last edited:
No one was saying that it was your fault that you were lagging, but for whatever reason the GT6 overlords chose your particular session to mess with and you were lagging and jumping all over the place. Then when plenty of people mentioned that you were lagging, you kept trying to discuss/explain that you were not seeing any lag... but when many other drivers are saying that you are lagging (and they can't even make out what you are saying over audio, because it's so laggy), you should exit and rejoin. Unless you expect the many other drivers to exit out instead? Anyway, it was good racing with you, hopefully we will race again.
Thanks for that explenation. It is very strange how these rooms are setup. Seems nothing is being done about it. I have enjoyed all the races and so many SNAILs, hahaha. It's just no fun for me with the way every combo has the potential to blowup someones hopes of a good result. I'll be around, in a more easy going way. It's in my blood to race anyway. I hope someday PD gets it stable. Have fun, Cya.

Awesome I really like the set-up S.N.A.I.L. has for the equal racing! :D great stuff.
My time was xxxxxxx
I have no idea weather that is a subtitle time or not. although I saw a ton of room for improvement after the 10th lap I left it as is because I didn’t want to be put in a division that is out of my league.
Welcome to SNAIL. I am sure you will be placed in a division that will give you good racing. Generally we do not discuss time trial times in the thread. It would be a good idea to pull the time out of your post.

XRAD... you are NOT doing that my friend! No *******g way! Since GT6 came out I hear a lot of people complaining about lags, glitches and other issues, i read in this thread problems in D1, D2, D5, D6, D7 and 8 but i don't get it! My rooms always run smoothly with barely any connection issue and any lagging at all. Are all the hosts aware of they're connectivity standards? Is everybody taking minimum measures to avoid this issues?
And if there's a real problem with PD or even with PSN, It will be fixed.They need us... more than we need them.
Just relax X and stick around buddy. Snail needs you.

Yessir mr. Joew. I can easily hit low 1:58s andd 1:57s around the course even in the race I never practice laps offline unless I'm doing a tt event. I can hit that pace in races quite easily. Me and the other D3 drivers are quite fast in the gtr lol.

I just figured out how to gold the Toyota 86 super lap. If you are using the Ann. edition 86 and can't get gold, buy a LSD and set it to 8/20/5. The stock one is so locked up you can't break the rear out at all, but this helped me get gold with ease.

I stopped caring or pursuing after a few 1:58.6 even though I know where I lost time.. I'm a racer not a time attacker. I rather be able to run similar to my best laps in traffic than putting down a super fast lap while running solo.. But then again, that might be the wrong attitude if I want to compete for GT Academy. In the end, I guess I'm just lazy lol....Plus a bit skeptical on Klutch's times because of how he puts down these laps.
Nothing personal Klutch I know you are plenty quick but sometimes your lap times seem absurd to me. It may interest me to fight and get a better time than you if I actually see the replay of those laps posted here.

You sir, are right on the money with that train of thought.

Yessir mr. Joew. I can easily hit low 1:58s andd 1:57s around the course even in the race I never practice laps offline unless I'm doing a tt event. I can hit that pace in races quite easily. Me and the other D3 drivers are quite fast in the gtr lol.
So when the D3 data is entered it will show a few of you guys in the 57s? Hmmm...

I keep saying I should practice but just no time.

I'm in the @Neovre camp though. I might get zero practice but sometimes when I get on the track with 15 other guys the playing field evens out.

I literally had zero laps on the GTR but the combo just played to my strengths.. 2nd in the first race and 1st in the 2nd race. Gawd I wish I could practice because a few sighting laps would help my consistency :)

Congratulations to Nick McMillen..
From Virtual to Reality..
From S.N.A.I.L. to GT Academy Champion!!

nick-mcmillen-podium-ceremony-win-638x425.jpg

From left to right:
Christopher Hill (Runner-Up), Nick McMillen (Champion), Brian Marsteller (3rd Place)

Congrats to all the SNAILs who advanced to the GT Academy Silverstone finals!
iEdDnsw.jpg

From left to right:
Martin Sprau, Dan Reude, Brian Marsteller, Joey Barbato, Nick McMillen, Doug Hawkins, Christopher Hill

Click the logo below for details on the Allen Berg Racing Schools Challenge!!

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L.
Our mission is to provide our members with the cleanest and most competitive racing experience possible with minimal prep time required. No matter what your skill level is, we will provide you with a full grid of similarly-skilled drivers to compete against. It's our belief that close racing is not only exciting, but is also the best way to improve your skill and refine your racecraft! We have our official league night every Sunday night at 9:30pm Eastern / 6:30pm Pacific (we also have a new West Coast time slot starting at 9pm Pacific!!), but we also have a full schedule of events held on every night of the week. If this sounds like something you'd like to be a part of, please keep reading to learn more about our league and how to join us.

What Makes Us Different
There are five things that we offer that you won't find anywhere else. First of all, we provide our members with the most evenly-matched competition possible. In fact, the intense level of competition that we produce has established S.N.A.I.L. as an ideal place to prepare for GT Academy. And if you like to keep track of your improvement, you'll be glad to know that we keep the most comprehensive race data available on GTPlanet. On top of that, if you like to have a say in what cars and tracks you race, we feature an interactive process that allows your voice to be heard. And finally, we're the only league where our members win valuable prizes just for showing up to race! What more could you ask for?!

Evenly-Matched Competition
Have you ever watched a professional race where drivers with completely different skill levels were competing on the same track? Of course not! That wouldn't be fun to watch, let alone fun to participate in. Unfortunately, that disparity of pace is something you'll often find in organized online racing. When this happens, you'll be lucky to just a few drivers that you're truly competitive with. Everyone else will usually either be faster or slower than you. We prevent that from happening in S.N.A.I.L. by dividing our drivers into eight separate divisions based on speed and skill. This results in full grids of evenly-matched competition and creates the closest and most intense sim racing experience around!

Preparation for GT Academy
If you have your eye on competing in GT Academy one day, there is no better place than S.N.A.I.L. to hone your skills to the elite levels necessary to make it to the finals. You need to be the best of the best to make it to Silverstone, and that's exactly what the drivers in our top division are. Half of this year's GT Academy Silverstone Finalists race in S.N.A.I.L. (click here if you want advice directly from one of them). However, even if you don't aspire to win GT Academy someday, it's still great to be able to get tips and advice from many of the best drivers around. Regardless if you're a professional racer or a casual gamer, we can provide you with the perfect environment to learn and get faster!

Win Valuable Prizes
Have you ever wished you could win free stuff just for having fun? If so, then you might want to know that our members win valuable real-world prizes just for racing with us! These prize are based on participation and not on race results. Some examples of prizes our members have won include a GranStand Cockpit, a ButtKicker Gamer2, a GranStand Wheel Stand, and a Wireless ButtKicker Kit. And if you want to help organize our league, you can join TEAM S.N.A.I.L. and earn even more prizes such as shirts (e.g. S.N.A.I.L. shirt, F1 shirt, GT Academy shirt), electronic/gaming hardware (e.g. Hauppauge PVR), sim racing equipment (e.g. Playseat Evolution), and other Gran Turismo related items (e.g. GTPEDIA).

Spec Racing
S.N.A.I.L. was the first GTPlanet league to prohibit tuning in all of our races. This combined with the fact that we race in the same cars produces a type of racing called "spec" racing. Spec racing ensures that success is determined solely by driving skill and not by differences in car power, gearing, suspension, weight, or aerodynamics. Because variables in the car are eliminated, spec racing is the truest measure of driver skill! It also produces intense battles for position because all of the cars are equally strong or weak in the same areas of the track. Another benefit of spec racing is that you'll never spend time tuning cars or wondering if someone is truly faster than you or if they just have a better tune.

Race Format
Our league night lasts for two hours and is split into three rounds. Each round consists of two races that last 10 to 12 minutes on a predetermined car and track combo. At the beginning of each round, a brief qualifying session determines the order of the starting grid. The first race is set to 'Fastest First' to reward the best qualifiers and the second race is set to 'Reverse Grid' in order to promote on-track action. Points are awarded based on our "perfect" points system. After a round is completed, we move on to the next round and repeat the same process with the next car and track combination. Once all three rounds are complete, we tally up the points and then let our interactive format kick in.

Interactive Process
Our unique format allows everyone to have a say on which cars and tracks we race. It is also used to strike a balance between familiarity and variety of cars and tracks. In other words, the progression of cars and tracks that we race is slow enough for us to learn them well, but fast enough that they don't get "old". At the end of league night, everyone votes on which car and track combo they enjoyed the least. The combo that receives the most "elimination votes" is dropped from the lineup entirely. The combo that receives the second most votes is also dropped, but only partially. This is where our prizes play an important role in our interactive format.

Prizes
A prize is awarded to the divisions winners with the three highest scores. The division winner with the highest score gets Prize A. The division winner with the second highest score gets Prize B. The division winner with the third highest score gets Prize C: (NOTE: The three prize winners' votes do not count towards the car/track elimination vote)
Prize A: The right to select the new car and track combo to replace the combo that was voted off
Prize B: The right to replace either the car or the track of the combo that received the second most votes
Prize C: The tie-breaking vote if the elimination vote results in a tie

Promotion and Relegation
Although we split our drivers into separate divisions based on performance and skill level, we realize that our drivers are constantly improving and deserve a chance to climb the ladder of success. That's why we promote and relegate drivers before every season based on the results and data compiled during the previous season. This is also done to ensure that our races are as competitive as possible for all of our league members, top to bottom. Regardless of which division you're in, you will almost always be fighting to gain or defend a position on the track. Simply put, no other Gran Turismo league in the world can offer this much competitive racing to so many different skill levels.

Comprehensive Race Data
It's not always accurate to promote and relegate drivers based on championship points alone. That's why the massive amounts of data we track are invaluable to our league. You'd be hard-pressed to find a sim racing league anywhere in the world that tracks driver data and race results more comprehensively than we do. In fact, our S.N.A.I.L. Results document contains so much information that we have to archive old data to avoid exceeding the GoogleDoc's maximum capacity! You can use this data to track the points championship for each season and compare yourself to other drivers in categories such as fast laps, total race pace, total points, average points per race, and power rankings.

Rules
We expect all drivers to follow our OLR Rules and pursue good racecraft at all times. If you're not sure what good racecraft is, watch this video. It can be summed up in one simple 'Golden Rule' of motorsports: It is the responsibility of the overtaking driver, meaning the car that is attempting to execute the pass, to make sure that the pass is made cleanly and incident free. If you don't agree with this rule or don't think it applies to you, this is not the league for you. If you ever feel like a driver is not following the rules, please wait until league night is over, then file a Racing Incident Report. Our Stewards will review the incident and enforce the appropriate penalty on the driver in question.

Settings
All league settings are default unless noted below:
Boost: Off
Penalty: Weak (and Effective for Free Run) in Divisions 2-8. (Penalties OFF for D1 only)
Race Finish Delay: 90sec
Visible Damage: Off
Mechanical Damage: Light
Slipstream Strength: Real
Tire Wear/Fuel Consumption: Normal
Grip Reduction: Real
Vehicle Tuning: Prohibited
Driving Aids: Only ABS allowed in Divisions 1-7. (ABS, TCS, and Driving Line are allowed in Division 8 only)
Tire Restrictions: (based on Dealership PP)
Street Cars
below 450 PP -> Sports Hards
450-499 PP ---> Sports Mediums
500 PP & up --> Sports Softs

Race Cars
below 600 PP -> Racing Hards
600 PP & up --> Racing Mediums

Tuner Cars
Classified as either Street or Race cars based on this list

How To Join Us
Step 1: Post a request to join (do not PM me, just post your request on this thread)
Step 2: Watch the thread for a reply to your post (it will include detailed Time Trial instructions)
Step 3: Purchase the three cars listed in the latest lineup below
Step 4: Get an oil change on each car, but do not do anything else to the car (e.g. add parts or reduce weight)
Step 5: On Sunday night, join the room number of the division you're are assigned to. It will be posted on this thread 15 minutes before the races start.
If you are not sure which division you are assigned to, please check the Offical Driver List

So when the D3 data is entered it will show a few of you guys in the 57s?

I keep saying I should practice but just no time.

I'm in the @Neovre camp though. I might get zero practice but sometimes when I get on the track with 15 other guys the playing field evens out.

I literally had zero laps on the GTR but the combo just played to my strengths.. 2nd in the first race and 1st in the 2nd race. Gawd I wish I could practice because a few sighting laps would help my consistency :)
I actually got some practice time this week and it showed. I felt comfortable with the combos. I got stuck in traffic on the reverse grid with the GTI and struggled to pass and made an unforced error with the reverse grid in the Loti. I was trying to hard to defend from @NDRK1088. I should have let him ahead and followed in his slipstream. Two seconds and a third makes it a good night for me.

I've seen a few of his laps. Aside from some criticisms that I have chosen to discuss privately, they have merit. I'd say a 1:58 flat in-race is a more realistic goal for most drivers with possibly a mid-low 1:57 drafting or hitting everything perfect. I don't see 1:56 happening without abusing track boundaries.

The main reason I work on my pace so bad is because I want to be able to see where my limit is. And I want to be able to do it consistently lap after lap. I see the european players do it all the time so I try my best to emnulate the same thing. They make it look easy. Pasm. Twissy. Tidgney. Tony. Doodlemonopoly. There pace and consistency is unreal. I get the opportunity because of the wrs to meet them. Its absolutely bonkers just watching them run can teach you. So thats y I try like a dummy day in and day out. I'm jealous of there speed. I want it too.

Like the old saying goes...jealousy is the best teacher...or motivator...or...crap it was something like that, I'm almost positive....

Man I suck at the Lotus race. So people of D6 what should I do because a lot of reports are being filed against me. Should I forfeit my victory and 4th place?

New subject here. I think we should disable "ghosting" when cars are about to collide. There are two problems in my opinion. It does not encourage the complaint system because you can't complain about somebody ghosting through you, or at least it's hard to make a case. Secondly, it does not promote good race craft. Bump someone enough, get a complaint against you, change your ways. You ghost through someone, no foul, you keep doing it. Maybe even real lasting damage might promote better race craft. Thank you all.

Back