◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,696 comments
You would be winning that bet, but the difference may not be as much as you think.

Rnd 1 - 17
Rnd 2 - 12
Rnd 3 - 14

Since getting that data taxed the last bit of energy in my one brain cell, I'm off to bed to let it rest. Catch up with you all tomorrow.

#closeracingpromotingcombos

I'd suggest we go for a shorter course for prize A if we are to pick slower cars, I don't feel like doing anything over 1:30s a lap this week. The Alpine at Bathurst was.....

For my prize B suggestion this week...ditch the GTI RM in favor of my suggestions last week...something like a M3 CSL, Lutecia Trophy '00 or maybe the new Renault Trophy Base model '11.

The Renault! Pick the Renault!

For Prize A, I'd suggest the C7 Corvette at Daytona Road Course.

I recorded last night's BBC show but last week was the P1 episode.

Also... stop telling me what happens :mad:

Completely agree.

Last week my prize suggestion transmitter was on backwards and was missing some aluminum foil so this week I have added more foil and made it slightly less chafing on my ears for better reception and added comfort.

Zoltar has spoken....

I will now cross my fingers and hope...

Those were not bad ideas, Zoltar Joe! As someone mentioned, when Prize A and Prize B winners communicate with each other, it usually improves the choices and/or variety.

Prize B - I am tired of Silverstone :yuck: At this point. Circuito de Madrid (either), the Motegi Roads (any), even Daytona/Indy Road Courses... or Laguna Seca - I would just make sure it didn't hit the limiter first! That and run it with several other people. Whatever, I would prefer a new track this week, but I will race what we get.

Prize A - have fun and choose what you like. Hopefully, if tested out with friends, it will be something we all several others will enjoy as well. 👍 If you do not test it...:dunce:...well, that was your choice...

Last edited:
Dont know if I did it right but I had an incident filed on me and responded to t he email after reviewing the incident. I just saw my email so did I respond to late? Never had an incident filed on me before.

Finally have some pictures from the D8 races. There was some tight (sometimes too much so) racing at Silverstone in the VW. It seemed like the Lotus and Fuji had a lot of alone racing, especially for @speer9892003. The GT-R at Nurburgring provided some good racing.

@KTR5 leading @wvhellbilly and @speer9892003 into turn 1 at Silverstone

View attachment 119919

@Sharkb8ii @speer9892003 and @joe_diben
View attachment 119920

@joe_diben with @CCraft attempting a pass, while @elsbury2 closes in
View attachment 119921

@Orobouros and @Rolly21581 battle for position
View attachment 119922

@CCraft @wvhellbilly followed by @Sharkb8ii and @joe_di

View attachment 119923

@Pichon617 tries to hold off @Orobouros down hanger straight
View attachment 119925

The start of race 2 with @Rolly21581 and @Kylar One leading the field
View attachment 119926

Mass chaos heading onto hanger straight
View attachment 119927

@Pichon617 leading a line of VW's
View attachment 119928

@wvhellbilly and @speer9892003 grinding wheel to wheel
View attachment 119929

Combo 2:

@wvhellbilly and @Kylar One
View attachment 119930

Race 2 - @FBR_Steve leading the field into turn 1
View attachment 119931

4 wide?!?!?!? @Orobouros leading a group of 4 into turn 5
View attachment 119932

This is about as close as anyone got to @speer9892003 in the 2 Fuji races
View attachment 119934

@CCraft making a pass on @elsbury2
View attachment 119935

Combo 3:

@KTR5 and @speer9892003
View attachment 119936

@wvhellbilly turning hard with a pack behind him
View attachment 119937

Look at the sparkle @Rolly21581 has as he tries to make a move on @joe_diben
View attachment 119939

@KTR5 is trying everything he can to make a pass on @Sharkb8ii, but he doesn't succeed
View attachment 119940

@FBR_Steve has the sparkle this time
View attachment 119941

@KTR5 making a short-lived pass on @FBR_Steve
View attachment 119942

@Rolly21581 (and his shiny paint job) battling @wvhellbilly
View attachment 119943

Since I saw a bunch of other 2 wheeling pictures, I figured I'd add a couple of me @KTR5
View attachment 119944

View attachment 119945

How'd this get in here? Congrats Dale!

View attachment 119947
Coach, I always enjoy these pics. My wife thinks I'm crazy when I say "Look! Here's me!!!" LOL

Last week my prize suggestion transmitter was on backwards and was missing some aluminum foil so this week I have added more foil and made it slightly less chafing on my ears for better reception and added comfort.

For my prize B suggestion this week...ditch the GTI RM in favor of my suggestions last week...something like a M3 CSL, Lutecia Trophy '00 or maybe the new Renault Trophy Base model '11.

Prize A suggestions are iffy. It's so wide open now but people still want something slower but with less grip so we have some opportunities to pass. Ford RS200s at Motegi Full would be a really fun combo. Challenging car to drive on a challenging track.

Zoltar has spoken....

I will now cross my fingers and hope...

Had to laugh at the general tone of this post Joe.

Have to say though, this particular people will never want something slower. Slow cars are not challenging. They're boring. I practically fell asleep driving that rabbit around silverstone. That may have had some small contribution to my inablility to keep the Lotus heading the right way on one of my favorite tracks. Ahh well.

If DRC gets picked I'll be skipping, at least that round, I don't care how fast the car is that goes with it.

Car Selection Guidelines
Dealership Cars - The maximum price for a selected car is now $250,000

Isn't this now $500,000?

Hello S.N.A.I.L.S. I would like to try out for your team. I just started actually looking into online race events though i have competed in GT Academy. My online ID is Zii1993 if you guys are interested in seeing what i can do. I look forward to many fun competitive racing with you guys. :)

Calm, Clean, Consistant

Hello. Im interested if possible.
Psn: Wrench_Monkey86
Plz add me and let me know wich cars to buy.
Thank u and have a good night
@Wrench_Monkey,
Thanks for your interest!
We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by midnight EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

12: Ghost Cars:

A:

A ghost car is any car that is transparent and/or flickering transparent.
B:
If your car is a ghost car, you take on the responsibilities of the following "Recovering from an incident" and "Re-entering to the track after running off" topics as you are at fault. You also give the correct driving line to the non-ghosted cars (taking a turn wide so others can pass on the inside). Do not return to the driving line if possible until your car is back to the normal state. This may be hard to tell if you use bumper cam, but do your utmost to determine your state. Naturally, if you are serving a penalty, assume you are ghosted.
C:
If you are approaching one or more ghost cars on the track, you must avoid any contact with them at all as they may return to a normal state immediately. Then the contact would be your fault and in turn you may become a ghost car and have to make room for others while your car slows due to the penalty. Passing through a ghost car that is not entirely out of control in an effort to pass them will bring a penalty.
D:
If your car becomes a ghost, you are not permitted to overtake other non-ghosted cars. If you happen to overtake a car while being a ghost, you must return to your original position safely.
E:
If your car is a ghost you are not allowed to intentionally drive through other cars, just as they are not allowed to drive through you. In short, all cars on the track should be considered solid, no matter what state the game displays them.

F:
In the event of an accident ahead of you in which cars have the potential to be ghosted, you should treat this incident as if the cars in front of you are going to be solid when you arrive. This means braking for an accident in front of you and not just trying to run through it at full speed.

Please see underlined terms above.

I believe the majority of drivers race in "bumper" or "in-car" camera mode. In this mode you won't be able to tell "If your car becomes a ghost". I race in "bumper" cam. That pretty much makes rules B,D,E, and parts of C and F impossible to follow. Also rules C and F assumes that you know what causes a car to ghost, or even that you'll be able to calculate such a thing as you negotiate a corner with traffic.

Also the rules seem to talk a lot about penalty ghosting, in the many cases I can think of, it has nothing to do with penalties, just everyone diving into the corner. Can the steward make a vote forum wide vote?

I say depend on your league participants to file complaints, teach drivers to take it easy and the league will get better.

Last edited:
Hello S.N.A.I.L.S. I would like to try out for your team. I just started actually looking into online race events though i have competed in GT Academy. My online ID is Zii1993 if you guys are interested in seeing what i can do. I look forward to many fun competitive racing with you guys. :)

Calm, Clean, Consistant
@full89metal,
Thanks for your interest!
We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by midnight EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

Please see underlined terms above.

I believe the majority of drivers race in "bumper" or "in-car" camera mode. In this mode you won't be able to tell "If your car becomes a ghost". I race in "bumper" cam. That pretty much makes rules B,D,E, and parts of C and F impossible to follow. Also rules C and F assumes that you know what causes a car to ghost, or even that you'll be able to calculate such a thing as you negotiate a corner with traffic.

Also the rules seem to talk a lot about penalty ghosting, in the many cases I can think of, it has nothing to do with penalties, just everyone diving into the corner. Can the steward make a vote forum wide vote?

I say depend on your league participants to file complaints, teach drivers to take it easy and the league will get better.

Go back and read the last couple lines in B.

If you choose to use bumper cam and are unable to determine if you are a ghost car or not, that is your problem, not everyone else's.

Back