Open ◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Presented by ButtKicker: Feel What You've Been Missing

Discussion in 'SNAIL Racing League' started by zer05ive, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Neovre

Neovre

#closeracingpromotingcombos

I'd suggest we go for a shorter course for prize A if we are to pick slower cars, I don't feel like doing anything over 1:30s a lap this week. The Alpine at Bathurst was.....

2. Azure Flare

Azure Flare (Banned)

For Prize A, I'd suggest the C7 Corvette at Daytona Road Course.

sseyferth and Jakedog23 like this.
  3. tezgm99

tezgm99

That's actually last weeks episode. The latest one has James testing the latest Caterham, Jeremy in Italy and Richard in Dubai. Of course, I get mine from the UK so maybe BBC America is a week behind.

Jakedog23 and 88GTA like this.
  4. 88GTA

88GTA

I recorded last night's BBC show but last week was the P1 episode.

Also... stop telling me what happens :mad:

Handlebar likes this.
  5. Handlebar

Handlebar Premium

Completely agree.

Those were not bad ideas, Zoltar Joe! As someone mentioned, when Prize A and Prize B winners communicate with each other, it usually improves the choices and/or variety.

Prize B - I am tired of Silverstone :yuck: At this point. Circuito de Madrid (either), the Motegi Roads (any), even Daytona/Indy Road Courses... or Laguna Seca - I would just make sure it didn't hit the limiter first! That and run it with several other people. Whatever, I would prefer a new track this week, but I will race what we get.

Prize A - have fun and choose what you like. Hopefully, if tested out with friends, it will be something we all several others will enjoy as well. :tup: If you do not test it...:dunce:...well, that was your choice...

Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
  6. Handlebar

Handlebar Premium

Sorry for doppelposten

Neovre likes this.
  7. elsbury2

elsbury2

That would be awesome but it would be to much for me right now

8. hooker4

hooker4

Dont know if I did it right but I had an incident filed on me and responded to t he email after reviewing the incident. I just saw my email so did I respond to late? Never had an incident filed on me before.

9. Chiochan

Chiochan

One word for suggestions: FERRARI!
    (o yeah and Motegi sucks)

Schmiggz likes this.
  10. Sharkb8ii

Sharkb8ii

Coach, I always enjoy these pics. My wife thinks I'm crazy when I say "Look! Here's me!!!" LOL

zer05ive, KTR5 and wvhellbilly like this.
  11. Dragonwhisky

Dragonwhisky Premium

Had to laugh at the general tone of this post Joe.

Have to say though, this particular people will never want something slower. Slow cars are not challenging. They're boring. I practically fell asleep driving that rabbit around silverstone. That may have had some small contribution to my inablility to keep the Lotus heading the right way on one of my favorite tracks. Ahh well.

If DRC gets picked I'll be skipping, at least that round, I don't care how fast the car is that goes with it.

12. Chiochan

Chiochan

Car Selection Guidelines
    Dealership Cars - The maximum price for a selected car is now $250,000

Isn't this now $500,000?

13. chuyler1

chuyler1 Premium

I hope not, I'm going to have to grind all week if I need $1M by Sunday.

14. Chiochan

Chiochan

We have been raising it at the end of every season, and we did in January, and for February. $500,000 seems a logical progression, but I would prefer $5,000,000 credit limit for cars.

15. Zii1993

Zii1993

Hello S.N.A.I.L.S. I would like to try out for your team. I just started actually looking into online race events though i have competed in GT Academy. My online ID is Zii1993 if you guys are interested in seeing what i can do. I look forward to many fun competitive racing with you guys. :)

Calm, Clean, Consistant

zer05ive and Skills like this.
  16. Skills

Skills Premium

@Wrench_Monkey,
    Thanks for your interest!
    We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
    Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by midnight EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday :tup:

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
    To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

Wrench_Monkey and zer05ive like this.
  17. Mirado_7

Mirado_7

Redbull junior at brand hatch, 177k every 3 laps. Works out to about 1 mil every 25 minutes, with loading times and all. Assuming you win of course.

intoflatlines likes this.
  18. AG07WRXTR

AG07WRXTR

Please see underlined terms above.

I believe the majority of drivers race in "bumper" or "in-car" camera mode. In this mode you won't be able to tell "If your car becomes a ghost". I race in "bumper" cam. That pretty much makes rules B,D,E, and parts of C and F impossible to follow. Also rules C and F assumes that you know what causes a car to ghost, or even that you'll be able to calculate such a thing as you negotiate a corner with traffic.

Also the rules seem to talk a lot about penalty ghosting, in the many cases I can think of, it has nothing to do with penalties, just everyone diving into the corner. Can the steward make a vote forum wide vote?

I say depend on your league participants to file complaints, teach drivers to take it easy and the league will get better.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
  19. dabneyd

dabneyd Premium

www.finalgear.com

20. covan2306

covan2306

Redbull std races (the 3rd one) run sliverstone, cutlast chicane for easy fast wins, 250k every 4 mins

21. Skills

Skills Premium

@full89metal,
    Thanks for your interest!
    We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
    Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by midnight EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday :tup:

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
    To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

zer05ive likes this.
  22. intoflatlines

intoflatlines

We did that kind of recently (relatively speaking).

23. LoganMichael

LoganMichael (Banned)

Awesome! I like to drift just as much as race :D

24. Schmiggz

Schmiggz

I would love a supercar combo now. Ferrari, Lamborghini, McLaren, AMG, LFA, something like
    that. Enough of small powerless BS.

Chiochan likes this.
  25. Schmiggz

Schmiggz

Speaking of C7, the Saleen S7 is an awesome car that we never had in a combo before.

Chiochan and mopar440 like this.
  26. Zii1993

Zii1993

Is tonight the kart races?
    And am i considered "in" enough to join that race?

27. Oshawa-Joe

Oshawa-Joe

You should post in the Kart thread. :)

28. Dragonwhisky

Dragonwhisky Premium

Go back and read the last couple lines in B.

If you choose to use bumper cam and are unable to determine if you are a ghost car or not, that is your problem, not everyone else's.

Chiochan likes this.
  29. LoganMichael

LoganMichael (Banned)

Anyone online for some practice in D6?

30. Zii1993

Zii1993

My apologies this is my first forum use, Im just not used to where everything is at.
    So now I just wonder, Where do i find the room numbers for practice rooms?