Open ◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Presented by ButtKicker: Feel What You've Been Missing

Discussion in 'SNAIL Racing League' started by zer05ive, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Oshawa-Joe

Oshawa-Joe

I have to believe the key thing to keep in mind is to not drive through another car. That was the concern that led to ghosting penalties and it doesn't really matter which car is ghosted.

@full89metal

No need to apologize. You should however follow that link to the Kart Thread and read everything in the first post to get up to speed. As an example, the info below is included in the first post.

When
    • Race Day: Tuesday evenings
    • Race Time: 9:00 P.M. Eastern Time
    • Where: S.N.A.I.L. Weekly Kart Races open lobby
    Where
    • Room Name: snailracing.org - Weekly Karts
    • Room Number(s): will be posted approximately one half hour before race time.
    I would expect practice rooms to be posted in the Kart Thread.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
    zer05ive and Chiochan like this.
  2. goofytyler

goofytyler

i love the saleen s7 but its over the maxium amount i think it cost 450k. if we could then i would chose my favorite car in a heartbeat.

3. zer05ive

zer05ive Premium

On my phone so I'm not even going to try to link, but check out the 2014 Calendar at the top if the Weekly Schedule post. The February season doesn't actually end until next week (March 2nd). At that point, the cap will be raised to $500K and then raised again to $1M after the March season.

4. Rolly21581

Rolly21581

can we create a "I have a job and cant afford 2- 1Million Cr cars a week SNAIL League?":boggled:

5. Oshawa-Joe

Oshawa-Joe

You may have a point. Perhaps we need 2 credit limits, a higher limit for Prize A and a lower limit for Prize B.

Rockhound18 and joe_diben like this.
  6. CCraft

CCraft

I completely agree I can't do that either and I have a feeling that others are in the same boat as me and rolly21581

llNovall likes this.
  7. CCraft

CCraft

I'm starting to have a hard time affording the cap limit now

8. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

As was pointed out on the last page. 1M credits in 20 minutes or so. Is that really too much effort to put into it? You can do the work while waiting for the new combos to be chosen.

9. Oshawa-Joe

Oshawa-Joe

I have hundreds of millions of credits in GT6. In real life I have 3 jobs and no money:scared:.

As stated above, it's fairly easy to earn 1 million credits in GT6. Still not a bad idea to have 2 limits for the prizes.

10. CCraft

CCraft

Hmmm ok I'll see what I can do this evening maybe

11. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

I have very little if any time to practice for S.N.A.I.L. but I have right around 20M in credits just sitting there. I haven't even finished the single player yet. I even started the game over because I had done the AMG glitch and bought all the cars and had all the money, but that got boring so I erased it all and started from scratch. It's not that hard to make credits quickly in the game. Just make sure you sign in each day to keep the login bonus at 200%.

simracejesse, KTR5 and Mirado_7 like this.
  12. CCraft

CCraft

How far do I need to get I career to unlock redbull races then

13. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

I think it's the IA events. I don't remember for sure but once you get there you have to finish the karts before the Jr. will open up.

14. CCraft

CCraft

So I got a lot of work ahead of me then this week so I can keep racing we will see if I can do it

15. AG07WRXTR

AG07WRXTR

I understand, however the ghosting I'm referring to does not happen due to penalty. Do a majority of people drive outside that car? Obviously in a penalty, you are slowed down, and it is easy to determine if you are ghosted regardless of what camera you use.

I'm saying people are not being penalized because there is no impact, and in turn nobody complains or gets disciplined, and the level of driving does not improve.

16. DrKronin

DrKronin Premium

One of the problems that GT presents us is that when it determines that two cars are heading toward each other on a collision course, it often ghosts one of them preemptively. In some cases, the two cars don't even touch because the game was a little too trigger-happy.

But the really screwy part is that which car ghosted can vary from one replay to another. All the stewards can tell is that at least one of the two cars ghosted, and if any overlap occurred, we can try to determine if one of the drivers was at fault for that. Sometimes, it's just a case of two drivers running side-by-side that briefly overlap slightly when GT suddenly decides to ghost one of them. Without ghosting, it could have just been a minor little tap that wouldn't have been worthy of any attention.

This is different, of course, from a situation where one car loses control and bashes into a barrier. That car is ghosted and potentially sitting on the racing line, and it is clear when someone drives through that car without even lifting off the throttle that they are guilty of a ghosting violation.

I'm not sure I addressed your points, but I thought I'd point that little bit out anyway.

17. turnupdaheat

turnupdaheat

With 43 incident reports to be dealt with before the all clear for the winners to pick new combos is announced, we'll all have enough time to grind out quite a few million credits if necessary.

Drgreenthumb977 and racefan78 like this.
  18. racefan78

racefan78

That Skyline is a strange, strange car. I'm glad it's sticking around though. I'm finally figuring out what it takes to get it to go fast.

LoganMichael likes this.
  19. intoflatlines

intoflatlines

I thought they were given the OK already? Or maybe I'm just on drugs.

hooker4 and KTR5 like this.
  20. racefan78

racefan78

They were, 2 pages ago. There's a ton of IRs but apparently none of them affect the prize winners.

KTR5 and turnupdaheat like this.
  21. turnupdaheat

turnupdaheat

Careful, you may be on fish oil if you ask another question! :lol:

Edit:

Maybe I should be looking through the thread properly! :O

intoflatlines likes this.
  22. Dragonwhisky

Dragonwhisky Premium

The All Clear for prize winners was given back here.

Handlebar, KTR5 and turnupdaheat like this.
  23. CCraft

CCraft

Ya unless you don't login everyday and don't have redbull unlocked I'm gonna have a lot of fun and trouble to finish nA and IA and karts and then race some redbull to get credits at least I don't have to worry about the credit increase till next season

24. Dragonwhisky

Dragonwhisky Premium

I actually am looking forward to getting the car cost credit limit raised myself. Give me a reason to play more single player, and/or burn some of those bank cars I put aside.

Drgreenthumb977 likes this.
  25. turnupdaheat

turnupdaheat

There's many things I couldn't be bothered doing on the offline side of GT6 but it's definately worth investing the time to unlock the Redbulls from a revenue generation point of view.

26. Chiochan

Chiochan

Whoops, sorry for the misinformation. So now everyone knows what is coming next season so start to grind if you have no credits. Don't forget you can also buy credits them if you want.

27. TRL_Importlife

TRL_Importlife

Fund some more pictures of me at then track :)

image.jpg image.jpg

28. IceWarden

IceWarden

Oh Crap.

racefan78 and turnupdaheat like this.
  29. CoachMK21

CoachMK21

Prize pick update:

Just to appease the masses, I wanted to give an update. @goofytyler and I are coordinating our picks and at least I plan to make my selection late tonight or early tomorrow. Maybe this might avoid this:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
  30. CCraft

CCraft

Will do