◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,696 comments
I came across this and thought it was interesting

“You don’t get benefits from mechanical repetition, but by adjusting your execution over and over to get closer to your goal.” - Anders Ericsson (the Florida State University psychologist whose research on expertise spawned the ten-thousand-hour rule-of-thumb)

I wonder how that relates to getting better at GT. If you keep doing the same thing each lap will you see improvement?Or is it better to take that brave pill and turn in sooner than feels natural, brake less and earlier than you can and any other advice that you have heard but not tried?

I came across this and thought it was interesting

“You don’t get benefits from mechanical repetition, but by adjusting your execution over and over to get closer to your goal.” - Anders Ericsson (the Florida State University psychologist whose research on expertise spawned the ten-thousand-hour rule-of-thumb)

I wonder how that relates to getting better at GT. If you keep doing the same thing each lap will you see improvement?Or is it better to take that brave pill and turn in sooner than feels natural, brake less and earlier than you can and any other advice that you have heard but not tried?
I am of the notion of, there's a time and a place. If you are in a position that allows for you to experiment, then by all means. If however, you are in a pack, perhaps it would be a better idea to use the technique you are consistent with.

On a sidebar. Does anyone else feel shame when they log in and see their bonus is only at 110%?

Can anyone tell me what the combos are for this Sunday?
p00jmy4d.jpg
This is a lot more fun than nagging about second post first page...

Can anyone tell me what the combos are for this Sunday?
Just so that you know you should always read at the very least the last two pages of the thread it'll take you about five minutes at least that way you know what's going on in this case the combos happen to be on the last page otherwise you will end up getting a lot of smarta$$ answers from these guys also the combos are posted very soon after being announced on the first and second post of the thread if they are not updated try and read a few pages back from the last post you will find it or at least some talk about it so you will know what everyone else knows

Just so that you know you should always read at the very least the last two pages of the thread it'll take you about five minutes at least that way you know what's going on in this case the combos happen to be on the last page otherwise you will end up getting a lot of smarta$$ answers from these guys also the combos are posted very soon after being announced on the first and second post of the thread if they are not updated try and read a few pages back from the last post you will find it or at least some talk about it so you will know what everyone else knows
I would have to argue that at this point, asking that questions is a bit smartassish. However, I have grown senile and am not sure if dcallnight joined in the last week. Because otherwise, I find it hard that any one who has been on the thread surely has to have seen all the fish slappin goin on here.

I would have to argue that at this point, asking that questions is a bit smartassish. However, I have grown senile and am not sure if dcallnight joined in the last week. Because otherwise, I find it hard that any one who has been on the thread surely has to have seen all the fish slappin goin on here.
I agree but I feel someone also has to be there to guide people the right direction I looked at his profile he only has 19 posts so he is fairly new if we all made them feel stupid because we think they asked a stupid question they may think we don't like them and we don't want to lose people because we are just razzing them

Speaking of Friday events, I'd like to thank @nmcp1, @martin20az, @lane, @dabneyd, @dcallnight, @cmbeal317, @rankings18, @varga, @Chiochan, and @socalnatv for joining the first ever Mystic Racing races last Friday night! Despite being announced last-minute, we still managed to get 11 drivers on the grid. 👍 Sorry that the event ran longer then an hour, but that shouldn't happen in future events now that we have the format figured out. :)

What did you guys think of the event and are you interested in making it a semi-regular thing? Also, do you think it's worthy of it's own thread or should we just coordinate it through this thread?

I think it's too short. Should be two hours.

New question for sign-up questionnaire:

Which should you not do to find the current combo listing? Pick two.
A. Post in the thread and ask
B. Read Post #2 on the first page of the thread
C. Read the last few pages of the thread
D. PM @JLBowler and ask for the current combo list
E. Go to @Rallywagon's house and spray-paint the question on his lawn

:lol:

Got away from me again!! Oh well, this will work. :D

ATTENTION TO ALL WHO IT INTERESTS!!

If anyone is interested in testing out a Friday Drift Event please like this post so we can begin coordinating this with input from all who wants to join! After a 24 hour period I will PM everyone in a group chat so everyone can share what they would like. It probably won't be much but just hooning about for an hour or two but it could be fun. I hope this gets a lot of positive feedback. :)

Okay everyone, the 24 hour period is up and PM's have been sent. Thank you to the five or six people that responded and hopefully we can create a good enough idea to make a possibly Friday Drift Event. :)

New question for sign-up questionnaire:

Which should you not do to find the current combo listing? Pick two.
A. Post in the thread and ask
B. Read Post #2 on the first page of the thread
C. Read the last few pages of the thread
D. PM @JLBowler and ask for the current combo list

If someone wants to PM me and wait for an answer, I'm fine with that. They could find it much faster by reading the thread in that case but if they're willing to wait for an answer, I will give them one without a fish slap. Asking in the thread is just plain lazy and wanting instant gratification.

I am honored to have prize B. With this choice, I have decided to stay at Silverstone and run the Gran Turismo 350Z RS.

Should be on SM tires and cost is 70,000 cr.
(PP after oil change is 498, HP is 395)

Also, I'll have a room open until 11 or so if anyone wants to join.

1472-6118-4130-9225-0152

Closed
Prize A selections:

Well these past couple of days have been so long for me, wasn't able to do much testing due to my school deciding to throw so much homework at me at once, so I'm going with the car that I tested out which is the Renault Sport Mugane Trophy Base Model '11 at Spa. Wish I could've done more but didn't have time to do much.

Renault Sport Mugane Trophy Base Model '11
518PP(with oil change)
RH tires
approximately 4 or 5 laps (I had average lap times in the 2mins and 30sec., maybe different in race scenario.)

Edit: thank you everyone that came out and tested with me last night and thank you @KTR5 for working out a way so that we don't get our combos mixed up with each others.

Edit: thanks for the heads up @intoflatlines
Thanks for posting your Prize A and Prize B selections!

The March 2nd lineup has been posted!! :gtpflag:

Also, a quick reminder for all future prize winners to please post the full in-game name of the cars and tracks you select (per the instructions at the bottom of every results post)

Now let's see some banner photos! :D

EDIT: Never been photo ninja'd before, but thanks @shmibal_GT :cheers:

Back