◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,696 comments
Regarding today's discussion on time of day and weather, please note the 'Settings' section of the first post:

Settings
All league settings are default unless noted below:
Boost: Off
Penalty: Weak (and Effective for Free Run) in Divisions 2-8. (Penalties OFF for D1 only)
Race Finish Delay: 90sec
Visible Damage: Off
Mechanical Damage: Light
Slipstream Strength: Real
Tire Wear/Fuel Consumption: Normal
Grip Reduction: Real
Vehicle Tuning: Prohibited
Driving Aids: Only ABS allowed in Divisions 1-7. (ABS, TCS, and Driving Line are allowed in Division 8 only)

I think some of these might be in different order or worded differently in GT6, but the premise is still the same. If it's not specifically listed as something to change, then please don't.

@jobyone Since it was my pick, it's only fair that I get the banner too, right? Check out this 5 wide down hanger straight from tonight. This probably wasn't a good idea, but it's a great photo.

Silverstone International Circuit.jpg

Last edited:
can i join? my user is ymcmb501
i can join the practice room right now if needed
@laurent501,
Thanks for your interest!
We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

Regarding today's discussion on time of day and weather, please note the 'Settings' section of the first post:

Settings
All league settings are default unless noted below:
Boost: Off
Penalty: Weak (and Effective for Free Run) in Divisions 2-8. (Penalties OFF for D1 only)
Race Finish Delay: 90sec
Visible Damage: Off
Mechanical Damage: Light
Slipstream Strength: Real
Tire Wear/Fuel Consumption: Normal
Grip Reduction: Real
Vehicle Tuning: Prohibited
Driving Aids: Only ABS allowed in Divisions 1-7. (ABS, TCS, and Driving Line are allowed in Division 8 only)

I think some of these might be in different order or worded differently in GT6, but the premise is still the same. If it's not specifically listed as something to change, then please don't.

I feel that time progression should be added to this list and be set to 1 so that it acts like real time. We're trying to set everything else to real so why not time?

Last edited:
Renault Sport Megane Trophy Base Model '11
518PP(with oil change)
RH tires
approximately 4 or 5 laps (I had average lap times in the 2mins and 30sec., maybe different in race scenario.)

I think I love you...

But I have a question, does the Megane absolutely need to be the Base Model? The regular livery version is exactly the same. I'm asking because I don't want to have to buy the BM is I don't need to. (Try to slap me with a big ol' fish if you want, I have a cheater shield.)

Last edited:
I feel that time progression needs to be added to this and set to 1 so that it acts like real time. When this setting is changed in GT6, it applies to all tracks selected in that session. This means that if a host was doing something else before the race night and changed the time progression on any track, that setting would stick as he changed to different tracks. I have also seen this occur even after closing and opening a new room. The time progression settings can carry over to the new room on a different track. Just another PD glitch to deal with. In addition, not all the tracks have the same setting as default.

I know I am running the risk of getting a fish slap here but time progression and weather settings only apply to the Variable:Time/Weather version of Circuit de Spa Francorchamps. There is a standard, "non adjustable" version of the track also available. In post 2 there is no reference to time or weather so are we not to use the standard track? I already asked the question a couple of pages back but got no answer.

I think I love you...

But I have a question, does the Megane absolutely need to be the Base Model? The regular livery version is exactly the same. I'm asking because I don't want to have to buy the BM is I don't need to. (Try to slap me with a big ol' fish if you want, I have a cheater shield.)
Needs to be the exact same car, so it has to be the Base Model.

Any practice rooms? id love to get in on some practice.
How do I go about requesting colors and numbers? i did check the list and no one has my combo.

I know I am running the risk of getting a fish slap here but time progression and weather settings only apply to the Variable:Time/Weather version of Circuit de Spa Francorchamps. There is a standard, "non adjustable" version of the track also available. In post 2 there is no reference to time or weather so are we not to use the standard track? I already asked the question a couple of pages back but got no answer.
^This.

We've never run a Time/Weather version of a track and we probably never will. It's never even come up before, but I'll update the track selection guidelines later to make that an official policy.

How do I go about requesting colors and numbers? i did check the list and no one has my combo.
In the same posts that have links to the color list, there is a link to a google docs form that you fill out. But you will probably need to be officially added to a division and input into the list by @Rallywagon before you can fill that out.

^This.

We've never run a Time/Weather version of a track and we probably never will. It's never even come up before, but I'll update the track selection guidelines later to make that an official policy.
@tezgm99 and so it goes. I have to say, this doesn't warm my heart, but considering all the grief that is given when a car is just a little to oversteery, it's probably for the best.

In the same posts that have links to the color list, there is a link to a google docs form that you fill out. But you will probably need to be officially added to a division and input into the list by @Rallywagon before you can fill that out.
Follow the link in my signature spot.
Thanks for that flatline, didn't catch that post.

are all 3 of these tracks f1 tracks this week?

Do they use Silverstone Gran Prix or is it Silverstone International?
Or GP/F? That's just once in a while, I thought.
Spa - yes.

They are all F1 venues alright but in the case of Silverstone it is the full Grand Prix track they use for F1. International is a shortened version used for lesser formula racing. Nurburgring GP/F is the track they use every second year for the German GP as they alternate each year between it and Hockenheim. The GP was held at Nurburging last year so this year they host it at Hockenheim.

Finally, there is only one Spa-Francorchamps and hopefully it will never be dropped from the F1 calender.

As far as I've seen, GT6 does not have "regular" versions of tracks with weather/time change. Maybe I'm missing something, but I'm pretty sure if a track has variable weather/time, you just have to change the settings to get things to not change.

As far as I've seen, GT6 does not have "regular" versions of tracks with weather/time change. Maybe I'm missing something, but I'm pretty sure if a track has variable weather/time, you just have to change the settings to get things to not change.

@racefan78 is correct. There are not "regular" versions of the time/weather tracks in GT6. S.N.A.I.L. has already run time/weather tracks and some rooms used different settings because the host's didn't know any better.

@zer05ive I will restate my feelings here. Time of day should be left at default for the track and time progression should be set to 1 for all tracks so that it acts like real time.

I propose we adopt the policy here for time and weather settings: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/◆-s-n-a-i-l-spec-racing-for-all-skill-levels-presented-by-allen-berg-racing-schools-spots-open.235094/page-1654 you will have to scroll down, it's post # 49607

We can't get around using tracks with time and weather because there are not versions of the tracks without them so we need to have something in place. The above linked idea consists of settings that would take weather out of play and have time progress in real time.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

Saved you from a fish slap.

Back