◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,696 comments
@racefan78 is correct. There are not "regular" versions of the time/weather tracks in GT6. S.N.A.I.L. has already run time/weather tracks and some rooms used different settings because the host's didn't know any better.

Well if that is the case the only explanation I can think of is that there is, for some reason, a difference between the American and European versions of GT6 in the track choice setup. On my version there are a number of tracks, including Spa, Suzuka, Motegi Road Course, La Sarthe 2009 and Daytona Road Course, where you can choose between the standard, daytime, track and a seperate Variable:Time/Weather version. Interesting!

Well if that is the case the only explanation I can think of is that there is, for some reason, a difference between the American and European versions of GT6 in the track choice setup. On my version there are a number of tracks, including Spa, Suzuka, Motegi Road Course, La Sarthe 2009 and Daytona Road Course, where you can choose between the standard, daytime, track and a seperate Variable:Time/Weather version. Interesting!
Am i the only one who think PD has kinda robbed us? :(
Where is the update for febuary? The last update (besides seasonals) was a hotfix on 1.31.14.

Am i the only one who think PD has kinda robbed us? :(
Where is the update for febuary? The last update (besides seasonals) was a hotfix on 1.31.14.
They did the same with the "Quarterly" DLC releases GT5 was supposed to have. I've silently worried since PD announced that they were selling an incomplete game to us, and recently started to voice this same worrying notion. Has PD thrown in the towel because they can't figure out how to implement things without causing to many other issues? Have they shifted to many resources to GT7 and the PS4 that updates are being delayed for GT6? I don't know, but I do worry.

Last edited:

It apears we're both correct. Upon checking again I see some tracks are available with a fixed version and a variable version, whereas others only have one or the other.

GT6.jpg

Just to prove my sanity, this is a pic of some of the track choices on my version and you can see here, in the case of Suzuka and Spa, I have the two options I mentioned.

It apears we're both correct. Upon checking again I see some tracks are available with a fixed version and a variable version, whereas others only have one or the other.

That is true but we were only talking about Spa here. Do you have both options of that track?

Most of the new tracks like Silverstone shown in your photo have the weather option built in so you need to plan for this and reset the track before qualifying and racing.

We're not just talking about Spa. Silverstone and Nurb GP/F do not have a non-time-changing layout available.

Ok, sorry, let me clarify. We have already raced on both Silverstone and Nurb GP/F. My original question asked what version of Spa-Francorchamps was going to be used next weekend?

Most of the new tracks like Silverstone shown in your photo have the weather option built in so you need to plan for this and reset the track before qualifying and racing.
It has been my experience that when you start the race/qualifier, the time and weather setting will automatically return to what the room was set up at originally.

You are probably right. I just know that a lot of the tracks have weather/time already built in. So you can't just pick Silverstone or Bathurst with no weather/time change. You have to either use the default weather/time settings or set it yourself.

If we have to run a track with time/weather then it should be set as I outlined previously (assuming those settings are agreeable with zer05ive and Kcheeb). If there is a version of the track without time/weather then that is the version we should use. Some tracks have the vanilla version and some don't. We are beyond just talking about Spa at this point and are trying to set something up for the league going forward.

This shouldn't be as difficult as it is. We have PD to thank for this crapfest that is GT6 at this point.

Not to add to the confusion, but I'm pretty sure that when we ran at Bathurst the qualifying session was done in overcast weather even though practice and the race were sunny. Qualifying weather may just be whatever default PD gave it.

The list of tracks in GT6 that only have time or weather on them are as follows. There are tracks that can NOT be selected in a plain version without time or weather or both.

GT Arena all layouts
Matterhorn all layouts
Autumn Ring all layouts including mini.
Chamonix all layouts
Silverstone all layouts including Stowe
Brands Hatch all layouts
Tsukuba
Willow Springs and Streets of Willow
Toscana
Nurburgring all layouts
Apricot Hill all layouts
Ascari
Monza all layouts
Mt. Panorama
Sarthe 2013 layout

Obviously with this many tracks affected, we need to establish a S.N.A.I.L. setting option for when these tracks are selected.

Not to add to the confusion, but I'm pretty sure that when we ran at Bathurst the qualifying session was done in overcast weather even though practice and the race were sunny. Qualifying weather may just be whatever default PD gave it.
Yes, that happened. It was weird.

It could have also been because when selecting that track, the default for weather changeability is set to 1 which would give you 1 weather change at some point. Just another reason to mandate that it is set to fixed for all rooms.

The list of tracks in GT6 that only have time or weather on them are as follows. There are tracks that can NOT be selected in a plain version without time or weather or both.

GT Arena all layouts
Matterhorn all layouts
Autumn Ring all layouts including mini.
Chamonix all layouts
Silverstone all layouts including Stowe
Brands Hatch all layouts
Tsukuba
Willow Springs and Streets of Willow
Toscana
Nurburgring all layouts
Apricot Hill all layouts
Ascari
Monza all layouts
Mt. Panorama
Sarthe 2013 layout

Obviously with this many tracks affected, we need to establish a S.N.A.I.L. setting option for when these tracks are selected.

Ok so whats the problem with just letting it be the default 3 pm, no surface water, and no weather changeability? I'm confused as to how this is a problem worth making new complicated policies for.

Ok so whats the problem with just letting it be the default 3 pm, no surface water, and no weather changeability? I'm confused as to how this is a problem worth making new complicated policies for.
Did you not follow the link to a policy post he made and relinked in several of his most recent posts?
fish_slap__1_by_invaderspotty-d69hr6h.jpg

It could have also been because when selecting that track, the default for weather changeability is set to 1 which would give you 1 weather change at some point. Just another reason to mandate that it is set to fixed for all rooms.
I think you are right that weather change is defaulted at 1, but it is not that the weather will change once. It is the speed at which weather changes.
I know this from practicing for my my endurance league. We ran a sunrise race at Apricot Hill, and on some of the practice sessions that it decided to rain, it took 15-20 laps before it started raining and another 10-15 before any surface water showed up. And yet others it started raining about the same time, but then cleared up before any surface water accumulated.

Therefore my take on the matter is that with the default settings, the weather will never change fast enough to affect our short races, and can therefore be basically ignored.

No mountain, its like 3 bullets at most. sillyness. A mountain would have been the original discussion about the penalty system, the points system, or recently, the track boundaries. Those made mountains.

I think you are right that weather change is defaulted at 1, but it is not that the weather will change once. It is the speed at which weather changes.
I know this from practicing for my my endurance league. We ran a sunrise race at Apricot Hill, and on some of the practice sessions that it decided to rain, it took 15-20 laps before it started raining and another 10-15 before any surface water showed up. And yet others it started raining about the same time, but then cleared up before any surface water accumulated.

Therefore my take on the matter is that with the default settings, the weather will never change fast enough to affect our short races, and can therefore be basically ignored.

No. You can't ignore it because it COULD make changes to the racing in one room and not in another. It's also really not that hard to change a couple of setting when making the room. If might add a whole 5 seconds to the time it takes to do it. 5 extra seconds is not a mountain by any means and it's worth it to ensure our racing conditions across the board. If you would have read what I have posted and reported, you would know that sometimes these weather and time settings get carried over from room to room by the host (maybe you just missed that little tidbit, there was a mountain of text around it:boggled:). With this being the case, it would just be common sense to force the host to set it up correctly and not rely on PD to reset something every time.

Last edited:
@tezgm99 and so it goes. I have to say, this doesn't warm my heart, but considering all the grief that is given when a car is just a little to oversteery, it's probably for the best.

Nothing stopping us from messing about with the weather, just means not on Sunday nights I guess.

No. You can't ignore it because it COULD make changes to the racing in one room and not in another. It's also really not that hard to change a couple of setting when making the room. If might add a whole 5 seconds to the time it takes to do it. 5 extra seconds is not a mountain by any means and it's worth it to ensure our racing conditions across the board. If you would have read what I have posted and reported, you would know that sometimes these weather and time settings get carried over from room to room by the host. With this being the case, it would just be common sense to force the host to set it up correctly and not rely on PD to reset something every time.
We've found in WEIRD, at least per session, that track settings persist from track to track. So if you have weather changeability set to say 6, and both weather and rain on track to 59%, then when you go to another track that has adjustable weather, it will be set up the same. Not sure if this will persist from session to session though. I can confirm that later, but it stands to reason that as long as you are loading from saved lobby settings, that is should persist, so long as the track that is in the saved setup is a weather adjustable track.

Nothing stopping us from messing about with the weather, just means not on Sunday nights I guess.
Oh yeah, weather is going to stay for weird.

Do you guys have or have not the two versions of Spa-Francorchamps that appear in my pic?

We have both versions of Spa. We are done talking about Spa. We will be using the version without time or weather for Sunday night. We are now talking about every other track in the game that only has a version with time or weather changeability.

Can we change the rims on the cars for the picks?
In some of the images posted from races i saw non stock rims, was just wandering.

You can but there is no guarantee you will be able to get into the room with +1 or +2 sized custom wheels. Sometimes the game recognizes it as tuning and sometimes it doesn't. I've found it safer to just use the stock size and paint it.

Latest Posts

Back