◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,696 comments
Here are a few pics (for possible banner usage) of the Megane at Spa from tonight's red practice. Thanks for hosting @Mirado_7

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps.jpg

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_1.jpg

@joe_diben @KTR5 ? ?
Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_2.jpg

@Pichon617 @KTR5 and @goofytyler
Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_3.jpg

So, there's a good chance my area will be hit by a nasty ice storm this weekend, so hopefully my internet and power doesn't go out.

If we have to run a track with time/weather then it should be set as I outlined previously (assuming those settings are agreeable with zer05ive and Kcheeb). If there is a version of the track without time/weather then that is the version we should use. Some tracks have the vanilla version and some don't. We are beyond just talking about Spa at this point and are trying to set something up for the league going forward.

This shouldn't be as difficult as it is. We have PD to thank for this crapfest that is GT6 at this point.
This sounds good. 👍

The list of tracks in GT6 that only have time or weather on them are as follows. There are tracks that can NOT be selected in a plain version without time or weather or both.

GT Arena all layouts
Matterhorn all layouts
Autumn Ring all layouts including mini.
Chamonix all layouts
Silverstone all layouts including Stowe
Brands Hatch all layouts
Tsukuba
Willow Springs and Streets of Willow
Toscana
Nurburgring all layouts
Apricot Hill all layouts
Ascari
Monza all layouts
Mt. Panorama
Sarthe 2013 layout

Obviously with this many tracks affected, we need to establish a S.N.A.I.L. setting option for when these tracks are selected.
Thanks for putting this list together. Do think you can integrate it into your previous post on the matter so that I can link it into the 'Settings' section of the first post? Ideally you could nab a TOTPP for such a post, but no big deal if you can't.

This sounds good. 👍

Thanks for putting this list together. Do think you can integrate it into your previous post on the matter so that I can link it into the 'Settings' section of the first post? Ideally you could nab a TOTPP for such a post, but no big deal if you can't.

I can try an grab a TOTPP tomorrow sometime with all the information in one spot for easy linking.

1VFAIur.png

Race Date - Sun Feb 23 2014
Penalty Rate 67%
Banner by dabneyd

The Polyphony Digital Gran Turismo 6 Replay Lottery appears to have turned off the lights and shut it's doors. Thankfully. The lag monkey however, reared it's ugly head and caused several incidents.

Below are the results of the 45 incidents the stewards reviewed.

Division 2 - 12 incidents on file
DrKronin
  • Round 1 - Race 2 - Level 1 - 4 points halved to 2 for self report. 1 week probation
Kgffy28
  • Round 3 - Race 2 - Level 2 - 6 points doubled to 12 for probation violation. 6 weeks probation remain.
robotyler
  • Round 1 - Race 2 - Level 2 - 6 points.
  • Round 1 - Race 2 - Level 2 - 5 points.
  • Round 1 - Race 2 - Level 1 - 1 points.
  • Round 3 - Race 2 - Level 2 - 5 points.
  • 23 points total and 6 weeks probation
Division 3 - 2 incidents on file
zstovall
  • Round 2 - Race 2 - Level 1 - 1 points. 1 week probation
Klutch-D
  • Round 2 - Race 2 - Level 2 - 7 points doubled to 14 for probation violation. 3 weeks probation remain.
Division 4 - 6 incidents on file
II-NOVA-II
  • Round 1 - Race 2 - Level 2 - 6 points halved to 3 for self report and 2 weeks probation
jones3619
  • Round 1 - Race 1 - Level 2 - 5 points.
  • Round 1 - Race 2 - Level 3 - 9 points.
  • 20 points total and 6 weeks probation
Schmiggz
  • Round 1 - Race 2 - Level 1 - 2 points and 1 week probation
Division 6 - 20 incidents on file
ExoSphere64
  • Round 1 - Race 1 - Level 1 - 2 points halved to 1 for on-track concession.
  • Round 1 - Race 2 - Level 1 - 2 points halved to 1 for self report.
  • Round 3 - Race 1 - Level 1 - 2 points halved to 1 for self report.
  • Round 3 - Race 2 - Level 3 - 9 points.
  • Round 3 - Race 2 - Level 5 - 17 points.
  • 29 points total and 6 weeks probation
HandlebarMustash
  • Round 2 - Race 2 - Level 1 - 2 points halved to 1 for self report, doubled back to 2 for probation violation 2 weeks probation remain.
JakeDog23
  • Round 2 - Race 1 - Level 1 - 4 points.
  • Round 2 - Race 1 - Level 2 - 6 points.
  • Round 2 - Race 2 - Level 3 - 10 points halved to 5 for on-track concession.
  • Round 2 - Race 2 - Level 3 - 10 points.
  • Round 3 - Race 1 - Level 2 - 7 points.
  • 32 points total and 6 weeks probation
Monarchydesign
  • Round 1 - Race 2 - Level 3 - 11 points doubled to 22 for probation violation.
  • Round 1 - Race 2 - Level 1 - 1 points doubled to 2 for probation violation.
  • Round 3 - Race 1 - Level 2 - 6 points doubled to 12 for probation violation.
  • Round 3 - Race 2 - Level 3 - 9 points doubled to 18 for probation violation.
  • Round 3 - Race 2 - Level 5 - 17 points doubled to 34 for probation violation.
  • 88 points total. 6 weeks probation
    This will not be tolerated further
Division 7 - 1 incident on file
RebelYeller73
  • Round 3 - Race 2 - Level 4 - 15 points.

These results can be viewed on the SNAIL Steward Review Sheet.

Thanks to Chiochan, DrKronin, Handlebar-Man, JLBowler, MerlinRPM and tezgm99 for their reviews this week
Don't forget to claim your $hells for completing reviews. There were a bunch.
:cheers:

* * * * * * * * * * * * *​

These changes affect the final standings.
Full final results can be found here.
***If you were penalized and would like further explanation regarding the incident, PM your Division Steward and they will let you know what the stewards saw and our opinions on it.***
View attachment 121415

All Stewards, please make your way to the Steward's conversation to make your voice heard.
Thank you.​

Thank you to all stewards for reviewing the replays each week.

I have been doing some of my own practice:

The Z feels a bit like the RX-7, but it's not quite as powerful. And with less grip, it's a bit more fun.

The Megane is sublime at any track (as long you keep the rear in check), and racing at Spa feels like heaven. Mine is painted in Blue Iliad with silver wheels, it's gorgeous. :drool:

The R32 TC, it was raced last week, so we know what it's like to drive (understeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!)

@sseyferth You won't get away from me so easily this week.:mischievous:

And one more thing, all of my cars this week are all blue for once. They don't all have the same color, but hey, BLUE!

Hi I"m interested in join, thanks
@vitalik79,
Thanks for your interest!
We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

1VFAIur.png

Race Date - Sun Feb 23 2014
Penalty Rate 67%
Banner by dabneyd

The Polyphony Digital Gran Turismo 6 Replay Lottery appears to have turned off the lights and shut it's doors. Thankfully. The lag monkey however, reared it's ugly head and caused several incidents.

Below are the results of the 45 incidents the stewards reviewed.

Division 2 - 12 incidents on file
DrKronin
  • Round 1 - Race 2 - Level 1 - 4 points halved to 2 for self report. 1 week probation
Kgffy28
  • Round 3 - Race 2 - Level 2 - 6 points doubled to 12 for probation violation. 6 weeks probation remain.
robotyler
  • Round 1 - Race 2 - Level 2 - 5 points.
  • Round 1 - Race 2 - Level 1 - 1 points.
  • Round 3 - Race 2 - Level 2 - 5 points.
  • 23 points total and 6 weeks probation
Division 3 - 2 incidents on file
zstovall
  • Round 2 - Race 2 - Level 1 - 1 points. 1 week probation
Klutch-D
  • Round 2 - Race 2 - Level 2 - 7 points doubled to 14 for probation violation. 3 weeks probation remain.
Division 4 - 6 incidents on file
II-NOVA-II
  • Round 1 - Race 2 - Level 2 - 6 points halved to 3 for self report and 2 weeks probation
jones3619
  • Round 1 - Race 1 - Level 2 - 5 points.
  • Round 1 - Race 2 - Level 3 - 9 points.
  • 20 points total and 6 weeks probation
Schmiggz
  • Round 1 - Race 2 - Level 1 - 2 points and 1 week probation
Division 6 - 20 incidents on file
ExoSphere64
  • Round 1 - Race 1 - Level 1 - 2 points halved to 1 for on-track concession.
  • Round 1 - Race 2 - Level 1 - 2 points halved to 1 for self report.
  • Round 3 - Race 1 - Level 1 - 2 points halved to 1 for self report.
  • Round 3 - Race 2 - Level 3 - 9 points.
  • Round 3 - Race 2 - Level 5 - 17 points.
  • 29 points total and 6 weeks probation
HandlebarMustash
  • Round 2 - Race 2 - Level 1 - 2 points halved to 1 for self report, doubled back to 2 for probation violation 2 weeks probation remain.
JakeDog23
  • Round 2 - Race 1 - Level 1 - 4 points.
  • Round 2 - Race 1 - Level 2 - 6 points.
  • Round 2 - Race 2 - Level 3 - 10 points halved to 5 for on-track concession.
  • Round 2 - Race 2 - Level 3 - 10 points.
  • Round 3 - Race 1 - Level 2 - 7 points.
  • 32 points total and 6 weeks probation
Monarchydesign
  • Round 1 - Race 2 - Level 3 - 11 points doubled to 22 for probation violation.
  • Round 1 - Race 2 - Level 1 - 1 points doubled to 2 for probation violation.
  • Round 3 - Race 1 - Level 2 - 6 points doubled to 12 for probation violation.
  • Round 3 - Race 2 - Level 3 - 9 points doubled to 18 for probation violation.
  • Round 3 - Race 2 - Level 5 - 17 points doubled to 34 for probation violation.
  • 88 points total. 6 weeks probation
    This will not be tolerated further
Division 7 - 1 incident on file
RebelYeller73
  • Round 3 - Race 2 - Level 4 - 15 points.

These results can be viewed on the SNAIL Steward Review Sheet.

Thanks to Chiochan, DrKronin, Handlebar-Man, JLBowler, MerlinRPM and tezgm99 for their reviews this week
Don't forget to claim your $hells for completing reviews. There were a bunch.
:cheers:

* * * * * * * * * * * * *​

These changes affect the final standings.
Full final results can be found here.
***If you were penalized and would like further explanation regarding the incident, PM your Division Steward and they will let you know what the stewards saw and our opinions on it.***
View attachment 121415

All Stewards, please make your way to the Steward's conversation to make your voice heard.
Thank you.​

Thank you Stewards for getting the Incident Reviews done.

The Allen Berg Racing Schools Challenge points are now up to date for the races run February 23rd.

Sim racing product discounts for S.N.A.I.L. members:

GranStand is offering a 10% discount to all S.N.A.I.L.s and a 15% Discount to members of Team S.N.A.I.L.

Take advantage of being a S.N.A.I.L. ;)

S.N.A.I.L. Data Note. The Results Document was getting unresponsive and packed to the rafters. So I had to spin the Power Rankings off to their own Document.

I have been doing some of my own practice:

The Z feels a bit like the RX-7, but it's not quite as powerful. And with less grip, it's a bit more fun.

The Megane is sublime at any track (as long you keep the rear in check), and racing at Spa feels like heaven. Mine is painted in Blue Iliad with silver wheels, it's gorgeous. :drool:

The R32 TC, it was raced last week, so we know what it's like to drive (understeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!)

@sseyferth You won't get away from me so easily this week.:mischievous:

And one more thing, all of my cars this week are all blue for once. They don't all have the same color, but hey, BLUE!
350Z - great combo. Appropriate grip for its power level, is much easier to drive than the RX-7 (less understeer and oversteer - overall a very balanced car) which leads to good close racing.

Megane - good combo. Power and brakes are great as well as high speed grip, and oversteer under heavy braking is easy to manage. Just be careful with the throttle at exit (and mind the curbs) and laps will be OK. With the very high speeds and racing tires, it's especially easy to lose control if you touch a curb at the wrong place so close racing is hit or miss IMO, depending on how many people make the same mistake.

R32 - 🤬

350Z - great combo. Appropriate grip for its power level, is much easier to drive than the RX-7 (less understeer and oversteer - overall a very balanced car) which leads to good close racing.

Megane - good combo. Power and brakes are great as well as high speed grip, and oversteer under heavy braking is easy to manage. Just be careful with the throttle at exit (and mind the curbs) and laps will be OK. With the very high speeds and racing tires, it's especially easy to lose control if you touch a curb at the wrong place so close racing is hit or miss IMO, depending on how many people make the same mistake.

R32 - 🤬

My only gripe with the combo #1 is that because of the close racing, if you get bumped or spin on your own, it is very difficult to catch back up as the lap time differences are so slim. Moral of the story, don't get in trouble.

Hey D1, I'm back in for this week. Got ahead of the curve on work and such. Can't promise I'll be quick since I'll be adjusting to some new toys that are currently on a truck headed for my house :)

ClubSport-Wheel_01-1000x666.jpg

cspv2l-1000x666.png

Was helping my dad pick up some parts for his Vette this past weekend and the seller had an awesome setup. Unfortunately it was Forza 4, but I had never driven a fanatec club sport setup before and I fell in love. Ordered the new gear the next day I was so blown away.

Practice room

Room Number: 1472-6118-3916-1739-7656
CLOSED
MICS: Allowed

Current Combo: Megane/SPA(combo 2)

Last edited:
350Z - slightly more challenging than the VW but not all that different. Should provide a little more passing opportunities but overall I'm getting bored with the track. Two drivers were battling in front of me during practice and I couldn't for the life of me catch up. I thought maybe I needed an oil change but after the race my PP was correct. Someone set a fastest time that I was 2/10ths off after the first sector and over 1 second by the start finish. No idea where the time was lost unless whoever set the time was out in no mans land. What should my goal lap time be for D3?

Megane - Really fun and challenging to drive. A white knuckle experience trying to run hot laps. Not sure how tight the racing will be on Sunday. It could go either way depending on whether drivers feel the necessity to attempt 2-wide through Eau Rouge. I managed a 2:26.xxx (no draft) but I'm sure there is lots more time to find and I don't think fastest lap will be a deciding factor with this combo. The deciding factor will be how greedy drivers get. If you let the car hit the outside curb on exit because you refuse to lift, it won't end well. If you try to run flat out through corners while in the draft, your opponents will be filing incident reports on your outer track explorations.

Hey D1, I'm back in for this week. Got ahead of the curve on work and such. Can't promise I'll be quick since I'll be adjusting to some new toys that are currently on a truck headed for my house :)

cspv2l-1000x666.png

Was helping my dad pick up some parts for his Vette this past weekend and the seller had an awesome setup. Unfortunately it was Forza 4, but I had never driven a fanatec club sport setup before and I fell in love. Ordered the new gear the next day I was so blown away.
That's awesome! Do they have different manufacturer's logos you can choose from?

cspv2l-1000x666.png

Was helping my dad pick up some parts for his Vette this past weekend and the seller had an awesome setup. Unfortunately it was Forza 4, but I had never driven a fanatec club sport setup before and I fell in love. Ordered the new gear the next day
I was so blown away.

I have the CSR-E wheel, it is awesome. Also have the V1 CS pedals, love them but they can be tempermental. Brake load cell failures and less than full throttle. Would be interested to know his the V2 pedals work out.

350Z - slightly more challenging than the VW but not all that different. Should provide a little more passing opportunities but overall I'm getting bored with the track. Two drivers were battling in front of me during practice and I couldn't for the life of me catch up. I thought maybe I needed an oil change but after the race my PP was correct. Someone set a fastest time that I was 2/10ths off after the first sector and over 1 second by the start finish. No idea where the time was lost unless whoever set the time was out in no mans land. What should my goal lap time be for D3?

I think the 350Z is a nice choice, awkward at first then suddenly its a nice easy car to drive. I can certainly agree with the staleness that Silverstone Int. has. As for times in a mixed(mixed divisions) room 13.5 area was a good time yesterday afternoon.

Megane - Really fun and challenging to drive. A white knuckle experience trying to run hot laps. Not sure how tight the racing will be on Sunday. It could go either way depending on whether drivers feel the necessity to attempt 2-wide through Eau Rouge. I managed a 2:26.xxx (no draft) but I'm sure there is lots more time to find and I don't think fastest lap will be a deciding factor with this combo. The deciding factor will be how greedy drivers get. If you let the car hit the outside curb on exit because you refuse to lift, it won't end well. If you try to run flat out through corners while in the draft, your opponents will be filing incident reports on your outer track explorations.

The megane is going to punish anyone who loses concentration on corner exits, other than that its a nice car, fast little bugger to be honest. Pretty sure the exit of Eau Rouge will be interesting on lap 1.

That's awesome! Do they have different manufacturer's logos you can choose from?

Nope, unfortunately. They have a marketing deal with BMW and the rim is modeled after an actual BMW M3 GT2 wheel. I hope they come out with a more generic, slightly smaller, and lighter weight GT rim in the future. I'll probably pick up the formula rim at some point as well, but that should hold me over for a while.

I have the CSR-E wheel, it is awesome. Also have the V1 CS pedals, love them but they can be tempermental. Brake load cell failures and less than full throttle. Would be interested to know his the V2 pedals work out.

I'll keep you posted, I'll certainly be giving them a workout! I don't think they've changed the load cell unit itself. Any idea as to what contributes to the failure? I was planning to use the heavy weight oil right off that bat, but maybe the lighter is better for longevity?

Thank you Stewards for getting the Incident Reviews done.

The Allen Berg Racing Schools Challenge points are now up to date for the races run February 23rd.

Sim racing product discounts for S.N.A.I.L. members:

GranStand is offering a 10% discount to all S.N.A.I.L.s and a 15% Discount to members of Team S.N.A.I.L.

Take advantage of being a S.N.A.I.L. ;)

S.N.A.I.L. Data Note. The Results Document was getting unresponsive and packed to the rafters. So I had to spin the Power Rankings off to their own Document.

It seems the Power Rankings document is protected, as in not available to anyone without access.

Nope, unfortunately. They have a marketing deal with BMW and the rim is modeled after an actual BMW M3 GT2 wheel. I hope they come out with a more generic, slightly smaller, and lighter weight GT rim in the future. I'll probably pick up the formula rim at some point as well, but that should hold me over for a while.

I'll keep you posted, I'll certainly be giving them a workout! I don't think they've changed the load cell unit itself. Any idea as to what contributes to the failure? I was planning to use the heavy weight oil right off that bat, but maybe the lighter is better for longevity?

The V1 had a load cell from a bathroom scale, rated at 25 kg's. I pushed really hard at first, because I would stop faster right ;) Went through 2 or 3 cells in the first year, got into a conversation in the hardware forums and discovered it was me basically breaking the by.pushing too hard. I adjusted through amount of force needed to get full brake pressure and relaxed a bit on the brakes :lol: Haven't broken one since.

If you let the car hit the outside curb on exit because you refuse to lift
7f8.gif

Nice. I'm a BMW douche so that wheel is perfect for me.

Latest Posts

Back