◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,670 comments
"Any driver who, during a monthly season, misses enough nights that they can not reach full time active status for the following month may be moved to part time active status mid-month. i.e. driver A misses the first two nights of racing. Driver A will be moved to part time active status for the remained of that month.

Any part time active driver who races in the first three Sunday night events in a month will be moved to full time active status for the fourth race of the monthly season.

Any driver who is currently considered to be inactive may become active at any time by contacting @@JLBowler and completing a new time trial for division placement."

from S.N.A.I.L. Driver Status Policy

I believe the only requirement is that you participate in 3/4 of the previous month's races.
"Any driver who, during a monthly season, misses enough nights that they can not reach full time active status for the following month may be moved to part time active status mid-month. i.e. driver A misses the first two nights of racing. Driver A will be moved to part time active status for the remained of that month.

Any part time active driver who races in the first three Sunday night events in a month will be moved to full time active status for the fourth race of the monthly season.

Any driver who is currently considered to be inactive may become active at any time by contacting @@JLBowler and completing a new time trial for division placement."

from S.N.A.I.L. Driver Status Policy

You're both right. 3 out of 4 races in one season will gain you full time status for the following season. The part Oshawa-Joe quoted is for mid-season movement.

Acording to the immense list of penaltys, D4's Jones got himself removed 20 points, IINovaII 3 and myself 2. Obviously this changed the whole table for our division but the results in the points tally sheet are still the same. Is it going to be updated?

I want to join!!!!
I got on last night in S.N.A.I.L. Race for Fun room and was talking to AJay and drgreen they explained how this works so here I am. I loved racing with them last night and would really like to join you guys.
Thank you very much for your interest. Both of you will be more than welcome at SNAIL and Skills will post a "what to do to join"post shortly. In the meantime you can both read the first post in this thread to gather some value info.

I want to join!!!!
@GTP_unleashed,
Thanks for your interest!
We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

I got on last night in S.N.A.I.L. Race for Fun room and was talking to AJay and drgreen they explained how this works so here I am. I loved racing with them last night and would really like to join you guys.
@Daniel Austin,
Thanks for your interest!
We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

OK - I'm realizing we are almost three months into GT6 - or we will be this week, at least.

Has anyone heard a peep / semi-confirmed rumor about when PD will deliver on:

a) the "January Community Update"
b) the "Ever shrinking Track Creator"
...(I'm guessing it will be "almost 2 beautiful city blocks where you can make whatever track you want!" - actual programming and QC not included - by the time it arrives)

OK - I'm realizing we are almost three months into GT6 - or we will be this week, at least.

...(I'm guessing it will be "almost 2 beautiful city blocks where you can make whatever track you want!" - actual programming and QC not included - by the time it arrives)
I've even tried Google and have found nothing. PD really dropped the ball, and their lack of communicative updates is kinda unprofessional as well. 60 bucks for half the content sucks. 60 bucks with the promise that the missing content well come in monthly updates that already are over a month behind, it's irritating. A complete lack of communication on the matter is unacceptable. If, and it's a big if, PD manages to give us an update within this week, it had better impress beyond belief. If not, my PC will be getting a second graphics and sound card and I will be joining others in AC and iRacing.

We will be getting something within 7 days. Big car companies love Making the trip to snowy cities in Winter.

This seems to imply it will be this week to coincide with the Geneva Auto Show, and the release of the BMW VGT.

[q"chatva, post: 9403339, member: 189206"]I want to thank everyone that joined and raced last night, the room filled up so fast and I/we had a great time!

I got discoed after we had run all 3 tracks several times so just called it a night at that point![/quote]
I wondered where you went. Had a good time in your room. Thanks for hosting my friend.

PD obviously underestimated how long it would take them to complete some of the GT6 projects they are working on. That sounds more like what happened. Big things will be coming along soon.

I took a guess a while back that the AMG money glitch put PD about 3 weeks to a month behind schedule. Recently, someone figured out how to hack the game save and create cars with tons of HP. How do you think PD is responding to that? I'm sure it's going to put them even further behind schedule. We will probably never see the ability to gift cars just because of the hacking unless PD finds a way to fix the hacks for good. My guess is the only way to do that is to not allow us to remove the game save from the PS3 but that causes many other issues for users like not being able to back up to a thumb drive. People would cry because it would force them to buy PS+.

If I were PD and wanted to put out a statement to explain why things are not on schedule, I would start with these two issues. You can blame PD for breaking promises or you can blame some of the users for forcing PD to take their focus off the additions to the game or you can blame PD for leaving the holes in the game. Whoever you want to blame, it doesn't change the fact that these issues have pushed back any kind of update schedule that PD had.

I think JL is spot on, and I definitely agree the lack of communication is the only real issue. I'll wait patiently for a couple more months if PD simply explain or confirm what we already believe. I did however read that their lack of communication helps to keep mainstream/majority of users and potential customers in the dark about the issues. Ignorance is bliss, and all that.

Can you imagine, someone gets a GT game for the first time and the news ticker says "sorry about your game being broken and missing stuff. We've been busy dealing with hackers and glitches"

Last edited:
I'm pretty close to packing it in for GT6.

Two of us gearing Karts, I left the track and got black screened. 15 minutes later I'm back in GT6. Couple that with all the online issues, having just purchased Assetto Corsa and an offer to rejoin iRacing for $5 ...

Only thing left is to get triples working on my PC.

Back