◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,412 comments
I doubt that's the issue. Everyone had black screen for a while and then the race was totally effed up.

One persons slow load will effect everyone in the race. A slow load when switching tracks can even lock the whole room up, and sometimes force everyone to hard reset their PS3 (not fun). I strongly urge you not to shrug it off, or at least keep an eye on the warning signs. Time will make it worse. If your PS3 is over 3 years old, then the laser is beginning to weaken, weather it is showing obvious signs yet or not.

With that said, it is clearly not out of the question that PD just likes handing out bugs for random people to deal with.

Another good test is to watch a replay. How long does it take the camera to catch up when you switch drivers? More than 1-2 seconds and your laser is struggling to read the disc to match the track with the cars in the replay data.

Not trying to sound all doom and gloom, but it is a pretty easy fix when the time comes that it is required. I limped along for about 6 weeks before I finally said enough.

Not trying to sound all doom and gloom, but it is a pretty easy fix when the time comes that it is required. I limped along for about 6 weeks before I finally said enough.

Think I'll try the BluRay Cleaning Disk first. Suspect that an old codger would do better to have someone else replace the laser if it comes to that. Folks around SNAIL know that I'm not very computer savvy.

...BTW, I seem to be having an issue where none of my friend's lobbies show up. I can't figure out the magic incantation to resolve it. Perhaps I'm loading the game too quickly after logging into my PS3? I have no trouble finding public rooms, its just when I click show friends lobbies none of them appear.

I have the same, sometime just raping the refresh button will work, sometime get back to the main menu will do it, and some rare time i get to restart the game, wich pretty suck

Looks like @nmcp1 showed that being a director takes it's toll on driving results by having a pretty good night. I, on the other hand, always do rather poorly so it didn't hurt or help me in any way whatsoever by being host ;)

Thanks again for hosting @JoeW The proof is in the pudding as they say. :sly:

FINALLY - After over a year of racing I FINALLY get the top spot for the night! Freakin' amazing night! @serge19 and I finished the night with the exact same score and had to go all the way to a 5th or 6th place position for the tiebreaker! Thanks for the great racing from all of the D2 drivers! Just an amazing group of respectful people. :bowdown:

:cheers:

D2 replays have been uploaded to the drive!

For those who put in an incident review, you are permitted, even encouraged, to use more than one word, if it illuminates facts that can be observed and/or may need to be noted by a Steward.

Please.

If it is completely clear cut, then... so be it.

Congrats, @nmcp1 ! That feels great!

I went to the other end of the spectrum, my worst night in... a long time. It took a podium finish in final race to be able to still only pull out a last place by one point.

Who's looking forward to a better week next week? ME!

I am interested. This sounds so much better than having people test the durability of my quarter panels lap after lap...
@deaconblues82,
Thanks for your interest!
We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

This is a little helper post for those who worried about getting credits for the car choices. Some people are on very limited schedules, some people at school etc.
The way I make my credits is to run "Red bull X2014 Standard Championship: Race1", with a full login bonus(200%) the prize money is 260,000. Each race takes approx. 4minutes. Just over 1million every 20minutes
I cheat, I cut corners in 2 sections to eliminate any form of race, as I am doing this soley for credits.
QvmP0Z9.jpg

I cut both the tight turns at "Arena" and also use the emergency lane at Vale. Though I do not usually condone cheating at all, I feelthe grind for credits on this game is an annoyance. I also think the AI that the Red Bull X2014 STD drivers use is bad, the amount of time I have randomly been T-boned at 200mph makes the above race circuit change much better for my money making.

I concur this is the fastest way to win credits that I'm aware of. I'd add that I find this the easiest race in the red bull standard series to win, even without the shortcuts, (so with them added I assume one can consistently pull this off, even if they are not the best in the RBX).

Another option is the "Like the Wind" single lap on SS-RX. I use the Nissan R92cp which is an easy win every time. (The one downside is you'll need to get a 255mph+ car to win this which isn't easy with limited credits, and I haven't gone looking for cheaper solutions). It gets you about 160k every 5 mins with the 200% login bonus applied, and is nearly impossible to lose when you have the speed.

Unfortunately I can't think of comparable money generators below the iA level, so if you don't play career much you'd have to run a bunch of events to unlock to this point.

I'm loving D5, but I'm curious that I don't see many posts for that group.

Odd lag issues in the last race of the night (I'm assuming lag). I hit the brakes in one corner and got nothing all of a sudden...no tires screeching...nothing. Wierd.
D5 is a strange bird. Not much chatter on the thread, or racing complaints, from us. The strong silent type I guess.

We had a problem last night with stock cars saying they were tuned. Before Sunday everyone should go online and make a tuning restricted room and see if you cars can go in. There is a glitch that will say your car is tuned when it is not, so please check first so we don't have to wait for people to buy a new car in the middle of the night.;)

One persons slow load will effect everyone in the race. A slow load when switching tracks can even lock the whole room up, and sometimes force everyone to hard reset their PS3 (not fun). I strongly urge you not to shrug it off, or at least keep an eye on the warning signs. Time will make it worse. If your PS3 is over 3 years old, then the laser is beginning to weaken, weather it is showing obvious signs yet or not.

With that said, it is clearly not out of the question that PD just likes handing out bugs for random people to deal with.

Another good test is to watch a replay. How long does it take the camera to catch up when you switch drivers? More than 1-2 seconds and your laser is struggling to read the disc to match the track with the cars in the replay data.

Thanks for the info. I've been stuck with the black screen a few times when everyone can chat about it, but this is the first time the race started without me.

Is there a way to load the game onto the HD so it doesn't have to read the disc every time?

Appently I'm getting help somewhere because I now have double name on the list now that is messing everything up. For me putting in scores I'm using my tablet so I have to put thing in a different way so if someone can help me fix this I'll greatly appreciate it be I'm still upset from last night and now this happening is making it worst.

Appently I'm getting help somewhere because I now have double name on the list now that is messing everything up. For me putting in scores I'm using my tablet so I have to put thing in a different way so if someone can help me fix this I'll greatly appreciate it be I'm still upset from last night and now this happening is making it worst.

I can. Sending you a PM.

Hello,

I am interested in participating in this series potentially. Raced with some guys in a spa practice room in the megane, and it was a lot of fun.

Im wondering where i can find a link that shows the times of the div rooms. I want to see where i stack up.
@DarkLegions,
Thanks for your interest!
We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

Another option is the "Like the Wind" single lap on SS-RX. I use the Nissan R92cp which is an easy win every time. (The one downside is you'll need to get a 255mph+ car to win this which isn't easy with limited credits, and I haven't gone looking for cheaper solutions). It gets you about 160k every 5 mins with the 200% login bonus applied, and is nearly impossible to lose when you have the speed.

Pagani Huayra with the high rpm turbo will do almost 300mph there. I use the anniversary edition but I assume it's the same for the regular one. Just lower the LSD settings to around 7, 20, 10 (torque, accel, braking) and it should stop doing 360's after half throttle.

My bad..... sorry I don't think as the NPCs as teammates ;)
Sorry Chuyler1, I miss interpreted your comment.
In my defense I went to bed at 2am (AST) and was up at 5:30am.... caffeine can only do so much :nervous:

However I do have some interesting footage:
Pay special attention to the top of the screen at 1:20 where you can just barely see him going into Pouhon at Mach 2, in reverse.

Quite a driving feat!

(My apologies for the poor video quality, but I don't own a capture card so my cellphone had to do).

Thats Amazing. So much smoke.

Pagani Huayra with the high rpm turbo will do almost 300mph there. I use the anniversary edition but I assume it's the same for the regular one. Just lower the LSD settings to around 7, 20, 10 (torque, accel, braking) and it should stop doing 360's after half throttle.

Good to know. Thanks!

Anyone else have a "cheapest 260+ mph" recommendation for easy credit harvesting as our weekly purchase credit limits move up?

I guess you make it back quick regardless, but grinding that initial investment can take some time without the anniversary cars to start with.

Good to know. Thanks!

Anyone else have a "cheapest 260+ mph" recommendation for easy credit harvesting as our weekly purchase credit limits move up?

I guess you make it back quick regardless, but grinding that initial investment can take some time without the anniversary cars to start with.

The Mercedes Vision Concept (you get that for free) will get up there with a turbo upgrade and some re-gearing. I win the Like the wind races easily and and hover around 250+i believe.

I run the NASCAR series, Motegi race. I can finish each race in about 3:04 (minutes) and get close to 200,000 credits. I usually use that for grinding for money. I haven't tried the redbull money trick yet but will later this afternoon.

Good to know. Thanks!

I think a C7 Stingray got me up to 272ish.

Anyone interested, I will be running a "test and tune" for WEIRD later tonight. Informal and will be friends only, if you wanna join send me a FR on the PSN.

There was an issue with the initial data input. Some data was not put into "finishing place" but ended up being put into spreadsheet cells that 'did stuff' with data and it was... Messed up.

@kcheeb had to put some elbow grease into repairs, so it may be slightly delayed.

Takeaway lesson: if working on a spreadsheet and you input something and it looks wrong... Undo!

Back