◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,699 comments
I wanna race this car on Sunday. :)

IMG_20130712_132857_146.jpg
Stay away from Christine! She's not very kind!

Thanks for the great time karting, @kcheeb and all. I like the DTC group @JoeW runs Tuesday, but the earlier time suits tHis East Coaster.

If you are new to SNAIL, scroll back to page 1 and check out the "Weekly Schedule of Events" tab.

Wow!! Excited for this weekend.....Saturday Endurance...15 laps of Nordeschliefe....and the Sunday Combos...especially the merc evo at Nurb GP/F!!

But looking forward mostly to the endurance event on Saturday....Great racing the last two weekends!!

If you are one to try to eek out tires and play with race strategies...name of the game here is that even if you botch it....don't give up...you never know till the checkered flag!!

PRIZE- B: Mercedes 190 E 2.5 - 16 Evolution ll '91 @ Nurburgring gp/f . fun little car
Prize A Announcement

Red Bull X2014 Junior
Twin Ring Motegi Road Course

PP: 736
HP: 258
Tires: RM

View attachment 123730

Best lap time in the room while testing was 1:48.9x (@RobbiefromBC), while my best was 1:52.8x a little while ago on my own.
Thanks for making your Prize A and Prize B selections so quickly!

The March 9th lineup has been posted!! :gtpflag:

Well @jobyone and I did a quick couple laps of the new combos. What times are you guys getting? Red Bull I was getting to 1:50 flat and 190E was around 2:30 flat. I'm sure there's like 5-10 seconds that can be easily shaved off for the fast guys though!

And if spending hours trying to find 'that car' is your thing, have at 'er.

I was merely pointing out that making a statement that something is better than another is pure opinion ...

Of course that's your opinion :)

Hours? Yikes, only takes me 20mins. When is the last time you chose cars for racing with us? Oh...never :)

While everyone is getting excited about the new combos, I just wanted to remind you guys that there will be something else that's new this Sunday night.. or should I just say..

It's baaaaaaaaack.. :D

GranStandBlack_Wheelstand_IMG_9785_zps0169e29c.jpg

More details to come shortly on how one of you will be winning one of these GranStand wheel stands soon.. In the meantime, we're waiting on the final results of the Allen Berg Racing Schools Challenge to see which one of you will be racing Renault open-wheelers and getting instruction from a former Formula One driver! I must say, being a SNAIL does not suck. :lol:

The 190E Evolution II is easily one of the best M-Bs of all time.

Also, if I won the that wheel stand, what the hell would I do with my Wheelstand Pro V2!?

Last edited:
Speaking of selling stuff, I'm thinking about auctioning off a 1-year Premium membership. A lot of us here don't, and I feel like throwing money at Jordan again, for the 5th time.

Of course that's your opinion :)

Of course it is.

Hours? Yikes, only takes me 20mins.

Not everyone knows everything about every model of car in the game and can zero in on 'the fast cars' or even wants to drive very similar cars every week. I had all the cars in GT5 and actually wanted to use them at some point. Didn't even come close.

When is the last time you chose cars for racing with us? Oh...never :)

Ah the confidence of youth, never flagging, nor fact checking.

May 30, 2013
May 23, 2013
May 16, 2013
March 23, 2013

My point was, when someone says this is the best, it's their opinion and by using your superior powers of deduction means the others are not the best. I was defending my Kart series as I happen to think it's the best.

Wow I didn't know this combo had that kind of history that's so cool

Yeah, I remember the race well. There was a big fanfare about the return of F1 to the Nurburgring but the new track was seen as being very sterile compared to the original Nordschleife. They tried to gather together as many World Champions as possible for this one-make race in the Mercs. Emmerson Fitipaldi was meant to race but had to pull out so his fellow Brazilian, Senna, got the gig and he certainly made the best of his opportunity.

A bit more race footage here:

While everyone is getting excited about the new combos, I just wanted to remind you guys that there will be something else that's new this Sunday night.. or should I just say..

It's baaaaaaaaack.. :D

GranStandBlack_Wheelstand_IMG_9785_zps0169e29c.jpg

More details to come shortly on how one of you will be winning one of these GranStand wheel stands soon.. In the meantime, we're waiting on the final results of the Allen Berg Racing Schools Challenge to see which one of you will be racing Renault open-wheelers and getting instruction from a former Formula One driver! I must say, being a SNAIL does not suck. :lol:
I want it!!!!! :D

A word to the photographers, specifically those taking pictures for the lineup banners. Not that my opinion should be the be all end all of your efforts, but, I have never been a fan of using filters or photo shop type enhancements to make an interesting shot. Instead, you should experiment with your shutter speeds, f-stop settings and focus points to make your photos look "interesting and exciting". Camera angle and placement should also be considered, if you are intending for a particular subject to have impact within the frame.

A general rule I use for shutter speeds is slower is better. A basic F-stop rule is, how much of the foreground and background do I want in focus. If more go higher, if less, go lower.

JoeW may have some more tricks you can use and the in game "camera equipment" is a little limited, but with adjusting just those 2 settings you can make the same picture look much different.

A word to the photographers, specifically those taking pictures for the lineup banners. Not that my opinion should be the be all end all of your efforts, but, I have never been a fan of using filters or photo shop type enhancements to make an interesting shot.
I agree. Filters (whether in-game or in post) make me feel like I'm just viewing someone's Instagram (not good). Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of artsy-fartsy photography (I began to major in it in college - thankfully I reconsidered) just not with cheap/stylized looking filters especially for banner photos. The strong vignette, tilt-shift, sepia, HDR, etc. trend on facebook/instagram is getting old. Just the .02 from a grumpy guy. :indiff:

A word to the photographers, specifically those taking pictures for the lineup banners. Not that my opinion should be the be all end all of your efforts, but, I have never been a fan of using filters or photo shop type enhancements to make an interesting shot. Instead, you should experiment with your shutter speeds, f-stop settings and focus points to make your photos look "interesting and exciting". Camera angle and placement should also be considered, if you are intending for a particular subject to have impact within the frame.

A general rule I use for shutter speeds is slower is better. A basic F-stop rule is, how much of the foreground and background do I want in focus. If more go higher, if less, go lower.

JoeW may have some more tricks you can use and the in game "camera equipment" is a little limited, but with adjusting just those 2 settings you can make the same picture look much different.

@JoeW made a great post several hundred (thousand?) posts ago on taking great pictures. I've used his tips ever since and I think my picture quality became instantly better. If I get some extra time, I'll try to find that post. Thanks JoeW.

EDIT:
Found the post, it was pretty easy actually. That post and the next several on the next page give some excellent insight into great picture taking.

Yeah, I remember the race well. There was a big fanfare about the return of F1 to the Nurburgring but the new track was seen as being very sterile compared to the original Nordschleife. They tried to gather together as many World Champions as possible for this one-make race in the Mercs. Emmerson Fitipaldi was meant to race but had to pull out so his fellow Brazilian, Senna, got the gig and he certainly made the best of his opportunity.

A bit more race footage here:

That was cool! Stirling Moss & Surtee era drivers side by side with Lauda & Hunt, all following Ayrton Senna. 9 previous world champions and 2 future champions. Not bad out of 20 cars.

Back