◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,773 comments
My point was, when someone says this is the best, it's their opinion and by using your superior powers of deduction means the others are not the best. I was defending my Kart series as I happen to think it's the best.
829405d1378322797-29er-cf-hts-part-1-discussion-conclusions-5166465451_ded900eaf8_z.jpg

I've driven in both of your events, and I have to say, WEIRD is the best..

I have some very exciting news to share with my fellow SNAIL's.

This past weekend I asked the love of my life to marry me and she said YES!!!!

Took her on horse and carriage ride through downtown Indy and asked her midway.

After we got back to our suite. We celebrated with a drink Chivas Royal Solute she had boughten me as a surprise for our weekend get away. Was simply a perfect weekend!

12951443133_fe67b87548_c.jpg

12951443703_4eeaa28d71_c.jpg

12951726404_f42742c28a_c.jpg

After we got back to our suite. We celebrated with a drink Chivas Royal Solute she had boughten me as a surprise for our weekend get away. Was simply a perfect weekend!

Congrats Jeff! That's a good feeling when you find the right one! Best wishes for many happy years!

CONGRATS!!!!! :D

12951443133_fe67b87548_c.jpg

12951443703_4eeaa28d71_c.jpg

12951726404_f42742c28a_c.jpg

“You can please some of the people some of the time all of the people some of the time some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time.”

Abraham Lincoln

BEAN-say-what.jpg

Congrats Man! She is a keeper!

Last edited:
ditto. @LoganMichael I'd like for the photographers to display their work, I know that you are trying to make it more pizzas, but it is not showing respect for the time and work of the photographer.
I dont quite understand where you are getting at with it? I am using other peoples pics in the banners. thats wy i asked them to post pics.

I dont quite understand where you are getting at with it? I am using other peoples pics in the banners. thats wy i asked them to post pics.

I could be wrong here, but, I think Wolf is trying to say he prefers to see more of the pictures folks are taking, and less of the "eye candy" with borders and back grounds and such, in the banners. Try a banner with a simple 3D border around it and lets take a look at that.

I could be wrong here, but, I think Wolf is trying to say he prefers to see more of the pictures folks are taking, and less of the "eye candy" with borders and back grounds and such, in the banners. Try a banner with a simple 3D border around it and lets take a look at that.

Perfectly put DW!

this does not take away from the cars at all. any simple 3d border would attract just as much attention. Plus dont ya think that new onlooks will scroll thru the first 2 posts at least and see something a little bit more legit then just a pic next to a track pic and get a little more interested?

but ill run another test in the next couple of days, im going to be out of town with work.

@LoganMichael the banner above is ok with me. The backgrounds and borders as well. The only thing I would change is the track name and outline should pop out of that section a bit more. It gets a little lost with the background there. All you'd really have to do is match the color of the text and outline to one of the cars in the pic and it would tie it together nicely.

Artistic interpretation is so very subjective.

We all have our opinions. Some people think that a simple banner with just a picture and a track image show people what they need to know;) Others want a pretty picture with nice filter effects and lots of elements. Neither is wrong and neither is right.

The purpose of the banners was to visually convey information. If we can do that and make them look nicer then that is great. I originally made the banners to highlight the great pictures that people in the SNAIL community were taking and to also add a bit of visual punch to the lineup post. They were never intended to be Art. I love that @LoganMichael is trying to take it to another level. Lets just make sure that we do not loose sight of what they are for and end up with something that does not fit the purpose.

Artistic interpretation is so very subjective.[/quote
You said it, And the thing with the banner above is there have been a few members giving many, all very separate ideas of things they want to change. and nobodys ideas are matching up.

Latest Posts

Back