◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,783 comments
Struggling on the speed adjustment of 190E after the Redbull Jr. Still refining the driving style that applies to that car. It's between drift and grip.

:scared::confused::guilty: I think my ps3 broke!!!! It froze up while getting on track. After a restart, my disc won't spin up, and it makes a not so wonderful clunk sound, like a disc changer changing discs.

Not good to hear, Rally!

Fwiw, a group I was with ran into a wrinkle (?) with the X-Junior. If the Brake Balance had been adjusted in any of the tabs, the car became ineligible for tuning prohibited, no matter what tab you used.... Just putting that out there.

I liked the idea of the new combos and my brief attempt at both was not fruitful. I will not have much time to practice as it is a Boy Scout Camp weekend, so I expect to start the March season on my heels, and on the back row. Be kind in reverse grids.

And on that bombshell... Goodnight.

That reminds me of something I've been meaning to ask.. Is there anyone here that can read/write Japanese? If so, please post a reply or just PM me. I have an idea on how to use that skill set to help the league. :)

Well, my curiosity is now sufficiently piqued :mischievous:

Sadly, I don't know Japanese. But in a pinch I might be able to find someone that can translate it to/from English. Mandarin would actually be easier, strangely enough. If you get no responses, let me know and I'll put out some feelers.

Edit: I'm going to be traveling all day, so I may not respond to anything until Friday.

:scared::confused::guilty: I think my ps3 broke!!!! It froze up while getting on track. After a restart, my disc won't spin up, and it makes a not so wonderful clunk sound, like a disc changer changing discs.
That's the late stages of laser failure. I don't know why it clunks, but mine did the same thing. You should be able to eject and reinsert the disc and get it to work for a while. Resetting the PS3 seemed to help sometimes as well.

Real-life wheel upgrade has arrived!

12970759983_91c519dac9_c.jpg

12970618475_beffc0642d_c.jpg

They're CSL style reps but 18" instead of 19". They're really light for the reasonable price (~19lbs each). APEX ARC-8 18x9 ET42 and 18x10 ET25. Going on a BMW Z4M

They're CSL style reps but 18" instead of 19". They're really light for the reasonable price (~19lbs each). APEX ARC-8 18x9 ET42 and 18x10 ET25. Going on a BMW Z4M

Cool, nice car. I drive a BMW 535d. Yes, it's a dreaded diesel but it's tuned into a bit of an M5 slayer! :D

Just got a set of these:

s128_zpsf8abae08.jpg

Should look something like this:

BMW_Style_128_zps3ea3b53d.jpg

535_zps4375f208.jpg

Last edited:
That's the late stages of laser failure. I don't know why it clunks, but mine did the same thing. You should be able to eject and reinsert the disc and get it to work for a while. Resetting the PS3 seemed to help sometimes as well.

Yeah my old PS3 fat did that for a while before it actually stopped running GT6 altogether due to overheating. Ejecting and re-inserting the disc multiple times usually got around it until I picked up a pre-owned 120GB slim.

I highly recommend a pre-owned slim to anyone struggling with GT6 on an older console. Aside from the above issues, the Slim has been running GT6 much better now, no random freezes, lock ups, nor other little glitches while running GT6.

Cool, nice car. I drive a BMW 535d. Yes, it's a dreaded diesel but it's tuned into a bit of an M5 slayer! :D

Just got a set of these:

s128_zpsf8abae08.jpg

Should look something like this:

BMW_Style_128_zps3ea3b53d.jpg

535_zps4375f208.jpg
Nice E60! Diesels are pretty sweet with the immense torque and good MPGs too. Very European of you :D

I'd love a 1 series diesel hatch but unfortunately not available in the US

Yeah my old PS3 fat did that for a while before it actually stopped running GT6 altogether due to overheating. Ejecting and re-inserting the disc multiple times usually got around it until I picked up a pre-owned 120GB slim.

I highly recommend a pre-owned slim to anyone struggling with GT6 on an older console. Aside from the above issues, the Slim has been running GT6 much better now, no random freezes, lock ups, nor other little glitches while running GT6.

That is a solution, but a new laser is considerably cheaper at $8-$40. Only takes about 15 minutes if your handy with electronics, maybe an hour if you have to keep checking a youtube video to make sure you're doing it right. Just really make sure you buy the right laser if you go that route, every generation has multiple lasers that were used.

Nice E60! Diesels are pretty sweet with the immense torque and good MPGs too. Very European of you :D

I'd love a 1 series diesel hatch but unfortunately not available in the US

Despite being physically detached from the continent we Irish are very European. Our currency is the euro and we measure our speed and distance in kilometres unlike our British brethren who haven't fully embraced the European dream. We still drive on the right hand side of the road though. Changing to the other side would have caused chaos! :crazy:

As for immense torque and good MPGs, sorry l/100km, they're good attributes for a daily driver but having about 350 horses to go with them can come in handy too. :lol:

Well @jobyone and I did a quick couple laps of the new combos. What times are you guys getting? Red Bull I was getting to 1:50 flat and 190E was around 2:30 flat. I'm sure there's like 5-10 seconds that can be easily shaved off for the fast guys though!

You can have more confidence in your times lol, roughly 4 seconds faster on Nurb (still couple more tenths to find I reckon, 1 sec at the most if all planets aligned.) and I have no idea what I'm doing in the Redbull I hate the steering ratio on that car, just somehow squeezed a low 1:48 after my first dozen of laps. Frustrating Combo (for me at least)...

Yes, please. Pagani Zonda Revolucion. For only $3 million US, this could be yours.

pagani-zonda-revolucion-geneva.jpg

Ill take the Porsche 918 for a 1/3 of the prize.... you can even buy it with the Martini emblem! How cool!

This racing suit saves the 918 Spyder up to 5 lbs. in weight. The basis for its visual impact is a matte black film, or a selection of historic motor sports designs that ooze sensational motor sports appeal in every square inch. Like the timeless classic MARTINI® RACING decorative wrap or the decorative wrap in Salzburg Racing design

04.jpg

BTW... talking about cool awesome cars, Audi will finally have a worthy adversary when Porsche returns to LeMans this year with this baby:

06_1024x1024.jpg

02_1920x1200.jpg

Last edited:
Back