◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,668 comments
Ill take the Porsche 918 for a 1/3 of the prize

No doubt. Or the NISMO GT-R for $150k. Certainly there are cars that are cheaper and better, but it's a Pagani. And if you can seriously think about buying the car, then the price doesn't matter anyways.

You can have more confidence in your times lol, roughly 4 seconds faster on Nurb (still couple more tenths to find I reckon, 1 sec at the most if all planets aligned.) and I have no idea what I'm doing in the Redbull I hate the steering ratio on that car, just somehow squeezed a low 1:48 after my first dozen of laps. Frustrating Combo (for me at least)...

Does this mean you're running 2:25-2:26s in the Benz?

I have gone thru the steps to join and prepare, etc. With so many posts on this site, what is the easiest way to find the car/track combos that will be required for the next Sunday races so that I can purchase and practice right off? I keep looking thru posts and finding interesting conversations, and then before I know it another 10 minutes has gone by because I read them and usually learn something, but then I still don't know where to find the combo post. Thanks.

I have gone thru the steps to join and prepare, etc. With so many posts on this site, what is the easiest way to find the car/track combos that will be required for the next Sunday races so that I can purchase and practice right off? I keep looking thru posts and finding interesting conversations, and then before I know it another 10 minutes has gone by because I read them and usually learn something, but then I still don't know where to find the combo post. Thanks.

Post no 2!

1st one is a freebie. Next one gets a fish slap around sh3rw00d f0r3s7:)

Which makes me think... if you have to ask about this, I am almost 100% sure that you have not read Post No 1 which includes the heart and soul of SNAIL.

Last edited:

At least reading every post isn't a prerequisite to join.

At least reading every post isn't a prerequisite to join.

I would venture a guess there may be five or six of us floating around that have read every post in this thread. There may be a few more, but I would bet it's less than 10.

I would also like to take a moment to address any new members who have submitted a time trial this week and are wondering when they will get a message telling them what division they will be racing in.

This is the week in between seasons. This means that I am looking at every driver in every division in an attempt to complete promotion and relegation for the upcoming season while at the same time leveling the number of drivers in each division.

I plan to have this completed by tomorrow morning (pacific time). Once this is done, all the new members will be getting messages with their division placement.

Thank you for your patience.

@jobyone and anybody else in the West Coast Division. If I recall correctly, there was a driver that wanted to switch from the West Coast to D1 - 8 for the start of the March season. I don't remember who this driver was and I can't find it in my conversations. If this is you, please let me know so I can make the switch while I'm doing promotion and relegation for everyone else.

@jobyone and anybody else in the West Coast Division. If I recall correctly, there was a driver that wanted to switch from the West Coast to D1 - 8 for the start of the March season. I don't remember who this driver was and I can't find it in my conversations. If this is you, please let me know so I can make the switch while I'm doing promotion and relegation for everyone else.

Perhaps Neovre?

It was @racing4life

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/◆-s-n-a-i-l-spec-racing-for-all-skill-levels-presented-by-allen-berg-racing-schools-spots-open.235094/page-1542#post-9265952

A bit delayed, but I'm bored at work. So here is another installment of Mirado's Awesome D7 Recap. I really need a new name for these, don't I?

SilverstoneInternationalCircuit_20.jpg

The night starts out well, with @Rockhound18 taking the opening pole.

SilverstoneInternationalCircuit_22.jpg

There is @covan2306 leading @Piler and myself down the front straight early.

SilverstoneInternationalCircuit_25.jpg

I think that is @dcallnight in the background making up ground as I try and fight my way around Piler.

SilverstoneInternationalCircuit_26.jpg

Meanwhile @goofytyler has his hands full holding off @BayouSimDrifter and @robertomglolz

SilverstoneInternationalCircuit_29.jpg

I'm pretty sure that is @dcallnight trying to put a move on @Piler.

SilverstoneInternationalCircuit_30.jpg

@Rockhound18 successfully goes pole to checker with out missing a beat in race one.

SilverstoneInternationalCircuit_33.jpg

That's @BayouSimDrifter, @dcallnight, and @Piler fighting for the lead after the 1st lap of the second race.

SilverstoneInternationalCircuit_34.jpg

Here we see @Rockhound18 and @covan2306 battling each other as they try and work through the field.

SilverstoneInternationalCircuit_37.jpg

@racingchamp30 thought he was defending the inside line, but @goofytyler knows exactly where the edge is.

SilverstoneInternationalCircuit_38-1.jpg

But then again, it looks like @racingchamp30 knows exactly what he is doing.

SilverstoneInternationalCircuit_41.jpg

An amazing 3 wide entering the front straight between I think @BayouSimDrifter, @Piler, and @racingchamp30 as the laps wind down.

SilverstoneInternationalCircuit_42.jpg

At the end its @BayouSimDrifter, @dcallnight, and myself bringing it home behind @singlepaddy (not pictured).

CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps.jpg

@goofytyler takes the pole for Spa.

CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_1.jpg

By the end of lap one, @covan2306 has already turned on the afterburners. This is as close as I can get to him for the rest of the race.

There was not a lot of action in the 1st race, so lets move onto the second:
CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_3.jpg

A tight pack develops early this time.

CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_4.jpg

@goofytyler and myself begin our journey through the field as @RebelYeller73 (does he drive a white car?), @robertomglolz, and @covan2306 try to prevent it.

CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_8.jpg

As things start to spread out, we see @covan2306 work around @racingchamp30.

CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_9.jpg

Here's @covan2306 closing fast on @dcallnight.

CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_10.jpg

Myself and @covan2306 emerge from the main pack with 2 to go.

CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_12.jpg

I waste no time making my move on @covan2306.

CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_13.jpg

One lap to go, two more obstacles in @dcallnight and @singlepaddy.

CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_15.jpg

One down, one to go.

CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_17.jpg

I see you @singlepaddy.

CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_18.jpg

But alas it was not meant to be. @singlepaddy wins the last race at Spa.

NuumlrburgringGP_F_11.jpg

I needed the pole and 2 wins when we got to the Nurb to win the season points championship. @goofytyler had the pole, but with some late shifting he had abandoned it before the 1st turn.

NuumlrburgringGP_F_14.jpg

After getting the lead, I refuse to let anyone close as @covan2306, @racingchamp30, and @goofytyler begin to battle for second.

NuumlrburgringGP_F_17.jpg

@covan2306 and @racingchamp30 were close right to the end.

NuumlrburgringGP_F_19.jpg

Starting in the back, all I have to do is win and the championship is tied.

NuumlrburgringGP_F_20.jpg

Word to the wise, don't be touching this curb when you start to break into turn one.

NuumlrburgringGP_F_21.jpg

Whew, that was close. Time to get to work.

NuumlrburgringGP_F_22-1.jpg

The next pack to get through is lead by @Piler followed by @racingchamp30 and @RebelYeller73 (maybe he drives a red car).

NuumlrburgringGP_F_23-1.jpg

Their battling allows me to catch up.

NuumlrburgringGP_F_24.jpg

Putting the pressure on @BayouSimDrifter as time is running out.

NuumlrburgringGP_F_25.jpg

At the end though it's @robertomglolz all by himself cruising for the win.

A great season from start to finish. Grats @goofytyler on the championship win!

Last edited:
A bit delayed, but I'm bored at work. So here is another installment of Mirado's Awesome D7 Recap. I really need a new name for these, don't I?

Nice photos!

I wonder what color that is, looks good and unique. It looks like the new(?) blue that BMW used for the M3 at this year's auto show maybe?

2015-BMW-M3-sedan-101-626x382.jpg

I believe you are referring to @basswerks1. The late night is just a bit to late for him.

SilverstoneInternationalCircuit_22.jpg

There is @covan2306 leading @Piler and myself down the front straight early.

SilverstoneInternationalCircuit_25.jpg

I think that is @dcallnight in the background making up ground as I try and fight my way around Piler.

SilverstoneInternationalCircuit_26.jpg

Meanwhile @goofytyler has his hands full holding off @BayouSimDrifter and @robertomglolz

SilverstoneInternationalCircuit_29.jpg

I'm pretty sure that is @dcallnight trying to put a move on @Piler.

SilverstoneInternationalCircuit_30.jpg

@Rockhound18 successfully goes pole to checker with out missing a beat in race one.

SilverstoneInternationalCircuit_33.jpg

That's @BayouSimDrifter, @dcallnight, and @Piler fighting for the lead after the 1st lap of the second race.

SilverstoneInternationalCircuit_34.jpg

Here we see @Rockhound18 and @covan2306 battling each other as they try and work through the field.

SilverstoneInternationalCircuit_37.jpg

@racingchamp30 thought he was defending the inside line, but @goofytyler knows exactly where the edge is.

SilverstoneInternationalCircuit_38-1.jpg

But then again, it looks like @racingchamp30 knows exactly what he is doing.

SilverstoneInternationalCircuit_41.jpg

An amazing 3 wide entering the front straight between I think @BayouSimDrifter, @Piler, and @racingchamp30 as the laps wind down.

SilverstoneInternationalCircuit_42.jpg

At the end its @BayouSimDrifter, @dcallnight, and myself bringing it home behind @singlepaddy (not pictured).

CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps.jpg

@goofytyler takes the pole for Spa.

CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_1.jpg

By the end of lap one, @covan2306 has already turned on the afterburners. This is as close as I can get to him for the rest of the race.

There was not a lot of action in the 1st race, so lets move onto the second:
CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_3.jpg

A tight pack develops early this time.

CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_4.jpg

@goofytyler and myself begin our journey through the field as @RebelYeller73 (does he drive a white car?), @robertomglolz, and @covan2306 try to prevent it.

CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_8.jpg

As things start to spread out, we see @covan2306 work around @racingchamp30.

CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_9.jpg

Here's @covan2306 closing fast on @dcallnight.

CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_10.jpg

Myself and @covan2306 emerge from the main pack with 2 to go.

CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_12.jpg

I waste no time making my move on @covan2306.

CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_13.jpg

One lap to go, two more obstacles in @dcallnight and @singlepaddy.

CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_15.jpg

One down, one to go.

CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_17.jpg

I see you @singlepaddy.

CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_18.jpg

But alas it was not meant to be. @singlepaddy wins the last race at Spa.

NuumlrburgringGP_F_11.jpg

I needed the pole and 2 wins when we got to the Nurb to win the season points championship. @goofytyler had the pole, but with some late shifting he had abandoned it before the 1st turn.

NuumlrburgringGP_F_14.jpg

After getting the lead, I refuse to let anyone close as @covan2306, @racingchamp30, and @goofytyler begin to battle for second.

NuumlrburgringGP_F_17.jpg

@covan2306 and @racingchamp30 were close right to the end.

NuumlrburgringGP_F_19.jpg

Starting in the back, all I have to do is win and the championship is tied.

NuumlrburgringGP_F_20.jpg

Word to the wise, don't be touching this curb when you start to break into turn one.

NuumlrburgringGP_F_21.jpg

Whew, that was close. Time to get to work.

NuumlrburgringGP_F_22-1.jpg

The next pack to get through is lead by @Piler followed by @racingchamp30 and @RebelYeller73 (maybe he drives a red car).

NuumlrburgringGP_F_23-1.jpg

Their battling allows me to catch up.

NuumlrburgringGP_F_24.jpg

Putting the pressure on @BayouSimDrifter as time is running out.

NuumlrburgringGP_F_25.jpg

At the end though it's @robertomglolz all by himself cruising for the win.

A great season from start to finish. Grats @goofytyler on the championship win!

Great job with the pics Mirado.

Just a head's up for anyone considering Assetto Corsa. Steam is currently running an extra discount on the Early Access, and the price is now $26.65 through Monday at 10AM PST.

We're currently at 0.7.1, and the developers have mentioned that we might see multiplayer in update 0.8. If they go in 0.0.5 increments, then we will probably see 0.8 on March 28th.

Also announced today was that because of the huge number of buyers from the USA, they've got the license from Chevy to include the C7 and C7.R. The C7 will be released for free, and the C7.R will be part of the 10 car "Dream Car" pack that will be available around September when the release the full Nurburgring Nordschlife.

Edit: Just want to let everyone know that buying the early access will give you the full game at no additional charge. The game will simply update to the release version(version 1.0). :)

Last edited:
Back