◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,790 comments
I am moving past my PVC A-Frame and moving up - My Granstand is now on order.

I have figured out I can bring my gaming PC into the TV room, and hook the computer up to the 58" TV, and can still use a wheelstand. So I can race on PC or on the PS3, it looks like.

And now, I'll do it in style!

I had an idea for prize C last night. 💡 What if we gave prize C a "freeze play" by which I mean they can choose a part(track or car) to stay, or freeze, for combo B. This would actually be a prize instead of just the tie breaking vote, which rarely happens.
So if you win prize C you can have a say in what part of combo B stays, the track or the car.

What do you guys think about the prize C freeze play?
I didn't want this to get lost amidst the iracing talk. coach, I see it as not taking away from prize B, because they can only change 1 part anyway, but making the selection easier. Prize B still has the "power" to choose anything with in reason, where as prize C can only freeze the car or track. I don't see that as C being more powerful.

I didn't want this to get lost amidst the iracing talk. coach, I see it as not taking away from prize B, because they can only change 1 part anyway, but making the selection easier. Prize B still has the "power" to choose anything with in reason, where as prize C can only freeze the car or track. I don't see that as C being more powerful.

I disagree with you here Goat. Having the capability to limit choices will always trump making a choice.

For instance.

You can chose anything from category A or B. No wait, now, you can only choose from category B.

Either way you look at it, the Prize C reward, without being able to share cars, paints and other game items, needs a bit of a boost to be worth the trouble.

Hey Schmiggz,
Put me down for a "very" tentative status for this Sunday's race night. I most likely won't be able to make it,but if something changes I'll let you know. Good luck!

Hey Schmiggz,
Put me down for a "very" tentative status for this Sunday's race night. I most likely won't be able to make it,but if something changes I'll let you know. Good luck!

My buddy @Schmmigz is back where he needs to be at D3. So I guess D3 needs a new Race Director.

Congrats Schmmiglio!

Got moved to D4...Who do I need to add? Room hosts?

Congrats to you too.

Looks like D3 just got a new friend ;)

Cue Toy Story theme..."You've got a friend in me..."

I have no problem hosting if you guys need a host. If not, it's all good.

Don't forget to cut this rookie some slack ;)

Editing...looks like you guys have a ton of hosters...nonetheless...I can be a backup if necessary.

Last edited:
In the future you may want to wait until Friday evening to post the banners. Typically we would post pictures from the official practice sessions.
This message is approved by the Division 3 Photography Office! Very true!
While you will have a larger selection of pictures to chose from, if you wait until after Thursday practice, if you've got the banners made, you can post them anytime you want.
As @Dragonwhisky said you do not need to wait.

The banners were always intended to be posted in time for the practice to promote interest. The delay was more often caused by my tardiness or late choices of the combos. The upside of being slow was I got the pics from practice to use.

So @LoganMichael feel free to get the banners done prior to official practice.

Looks like D3 just got a new friend ;)

Cue Toy Story theme..."You've got a friend in me..."

I have no problem hosting if you guys need a host. If not, it's all good.

Don't forget to cut this rookie some slack ;)

Editing...looks like you guys have a ton of hosters...nonetheless...I can be a backup if necessary.
We are pretty ruthless in d3. I'd argue just as fast as d2.

Speaking of which, you stole all of my rivals! At least I get to race my arch nemesis again. You know who you are.

We are pretty ruthless in d3. I'd argue just as fast as d2.
Doesn't sound as friendly or welcoming as I had hoped...

But I'm sure you won't be disappointed because we brought some ruthless and down from D2 ;)

Not me personally, but a few others could be called ruthless on any given day. I'm just that guy that doesn't practice and then expects to do well and then wonders why I'm sitting in the grass feeling disappointed ;)

Since the maintenance is going to happen during the spec racing should we start it about an hour earlier to compensate for the down time for the servers cause im worried that if we start at our usual time that we may have a lot of DC's. I thought I give it a thought after just reading the news about this maintenance.

Since the maintenance is going to happen during the spec racing should we start it about an hour earlier to compensate for the down time for the servers cause im worried that if we start at our usual time that we may have a lot of DC's. I thought I give it a thought after just reading the news about this maintenance.

When I first read it, I thought it was midnight on Monday night (Tuesday at 00:00), but after I re-read it, I agree with Tyler. We might want to have a 9 pm start for this Sunday to make sure we're done by midnight.

New guy here. For this week the Renault Megane Trophy 11 has 377HP/581PP listed which isn't even close to what I'm seeing on my untuned car.

New guy here. For this week the Renault Megane Trophy 11 has 377HP/581PP listed which isn't even close to what I'm seeing on my untuned car.

You seem to have missed the words "Base Model" from your description of the car. Try that one. It's one of the race prepped cars that is paintable. You also have to do an oil change after purchase to reach those numbers.

Thanks for the quick replies. I was looking at my base model, but am I wrong in thinking that I can go to the C tab on the settings which I've left as the default and consider the car untuned? I did mess with tuning on the A tab, but left B and C default.

Thanks for the quick replies. I was looking at my base model, but am I wrong in thinking that I can go to the C tab on the settings which I've left as the default and consider the car untuned? I did mess with tuning on the A tab, but left B and C default.
Did you change the oil?

Are you higher or lower? If you're lower, check to make sure you don't have the engine limited or weight added to the car on the "C" sheet. I don't know if either of those settings carry over from sheet to sheet or not. If you're higher then you probably have something added to the car. Either way, I would create a lobby of your own and set tuning to prohibited and try and take the car in before Sunday night.

Basically, I'm thinking that if we can get a message or two translated into Japanese, we could use our sizable member base to our advantage by asking SNAILs to send those messages to @Kaz_Yamauchi via Twitter. It may be a pipe dream, but my hope is that the number of tweets he receives with the same requests (and in Japanese so he fully understands them) will show him that there is a significant number of GT fans who are wanting the same thing.

Of course, there have been other attempts to get Kaz's attention (e.g. the petition that @cmbeal317 linked for us), but what I want to ask for is something that I doubt has ever been brought up to him before. More importantly, it's something that would seemingly be very easy to implement (at least easier than turning GT6's vaporware into something that actually exists). What I would like us to push for is just a small tweak rather than a brand new feature, so hopefully he might be more receptive to looking into it.

Everyone who follows this thread knows how much of a hot-button issue penalty settings have been for us. It's literally been something that has been discussed almost since the beginning of the league. We've have countless debates on the topic and have taken votes (one of which was taken at the end of of league night in each division right after the elimination votes were cast). Anyways, my point is that the penalty system is severely flawed because it forces us to accept the negatives of a penalty setting if we want the benefits of it as well.

A prime example is short-cutting penalties. Aside from some questionable penalty areas on certain tracks (like La Sarthe), most everyone agrees that shortcut penalties are a generally a good thing because they prevent cheating both during races and during qualifying (btw, this is not possible - someone would have to leave the track in order to change the setting. We tested having the last qualifier do it, but there was something else that happened when this was done if I recall). But I digress..

As much as shortcut penalties are desirable, collision penalties are equally as undesirable. So why force one to be chosen when the other is? Why can't we just choose which penalties we want to allow just like we can choose which driving aids we want to allow? I joked about contacting Kaz about this almost two years ago, but I'm not joking anymore. After all this time, I think it's as valid of a request as ever, and I think that if we approach this in the right way, we might be able to get something to happen. Even if it's a long shot, we'll never know unless we try.

EDIT: It's worth mentioning that I got additional motivation to do something like this after watching this video:

WARNING! Don't roll your eyes too far up at the 1:10 mark. They might not come back down! :sly:

google translate works well

Doesn't sound as friendly or welcoming as I had hoped...

But I'm sure you won't be disappointed because we brought some ruthless and down from D2 ;)

Not me personally, but a few others could be called ruthless on any given day. I'm just that guy that doesn't practice and then expects to do well and then wonders why I'm sitting in the grass feeling disappointed ;)

We always need someone to mow the lawn :P

Last edited:
Are you higher or lower? If you're lower, check to make sure you don't have the engine limited or weight added to the car on the "C" sheet. I don't know if either of those settings carry over from sheet to sheet or not. If you're higher then you probably have something added to the car. Either way, I would create a lobby of your own and set tuning to prohibited and try and take the car in before Sunday night.
I'm an idiot. :( I think that may have been what I did. I'll take a look later. Thanks for the help.

I have to ask now, being that I moved to division 7 is the any way I can use the driving line? I use a DS3 (until I get the money for a wheel). I sometimes turn the brightness down on the TV if the wife is trying to sleep and the DL is bright enough to let me see when the corner is coming. If not I understand and its OK. Don't want to start any debates. Just asking.

Is anyone interested in some Mystic Racing tonight??? Please reply to this post if you are. :)

1zfZtk.gif

Back