◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,699 comments
Can we get row 6 unlocked on the results document? Not being able to add a filter on that row is going to slow down data entry horribly.

Are you entering the data in the Results document? There should be no restrictions there.

@CodDemon101,
Thanks for your interest!
We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:
What is considered a pretty good time? And is division 8 the highest?

we don't really discuss time trial times here, to prevent doctoring, I believe 8 is the highest right now, you will be placed well though.

that was the first time I did it didn't really know how but I did it. and yea I didn't know if anyone was going to put any up and where I didn't get to save replays from the redbulls didn't get no pics. for it but hopefully someone can put some up and thanks AJHG1000 and I sent u a friend request

Last edited:
Are you entering the data in the Results document? There should be no restrictions there.

@kcheeb The ability to sort is grayed out, just like in the Director's Doc last night. Screen shot below shows where I'm trying to sort the finish results for Round1 Race2 (Cell N7).

Untitled.jpg

All Sunday Night Lobbies Should be Friends Only

With the way the GT6 treats friend requests and the way that drivers accept them at the last minute, here is a schedule that should be followed by the hosts of the division rooms. It will be up to the drivers to handle the business of friend requests BEFORE the room is opened for the night.

What the host should do:

1. All hosts should have JLBowler on their PSN friends list.

2. At 8:50 Eastern time the host should exit the game and check for any outstanding friend requests and accept them. No earlier than 9 pm Eastern time the host should open a friends only room for that nights racing. This room should be set to the first track from the time it is opened. The reason for this is that occasional glitch that doesn't allow drivers to see a friends only room in the room selection screen. Having the track set to the first track will make it possible to search by track and find the room.

3. The host/director should continue to watch the main thread, refreshing often, until they see a message from JLBowler that it is clear to start racing for the night.

4. Before starting qualifying or any race, the host/director should have all driver gather in turn one and ask if everyone can see the same number of drivers listed in the upper left corner of the screen. Drivers must be on the track for this and not sitting in the pits. If all drivers don't see the same number of drivers the host should ask those drivers to leave and rejoin while the host waits to start the night.

5. The host/director is responsible for handling any lag issues during the night. If a driver is lagging, the host/director should ask them to leave the room, clear their cache, and re-enter the room. The host/director should allow 3 minutes for the driver to take care of this. If the lag is still present, the host/director should ask the driver to leave for the night. If the host/director doesn't make the lagging driver aware of the issue and give them the chance to rectify the issue then the fault lies with the host/director. Most of the time, the driver that is lagging will not know it. Other cars will appear to have slight jittery movements to them. Meanwhile, the driver lagging will be flying all over the track with tires smoking.

6. If the host is disconnected from the friends only room that he created, he will not be able to rejoin. (thanks PD). In the instance of a host disconnecting, the rest of the room should finish that race and record the results as normal. The host should create a new friends only room and every other driver should exit the first room and join the new room. If a host disconnects a second time in a night, no new room should be created.

7. If a driver shows up that is not listed on the drivers list or in the results sheet, they are not allowed to race. As a host, you do not have the authority to add drivers to a division. The only exception to this would be if a driver was moved from one division to another at the last minute. In this instance, the host of the room would have been contacted by JLBowler, Dragonwhisky, or zer05ive and given instructions on how to handle the new driver.

What the driver should do:

1. Make sure you have a friend request in place with the host before 8:45 pm Eastern time. The earlier, the better. If you don't have a friend request in place before 8:45 pm Eastern time, don't expect to be able to race that night. It is the drivers responsibility to send the friend request to the host and any back-up hosts listed for their assigned division. If you are a part time driver, it's a good idea to have a the host and back-up hosts of the division above your assigned division just in case you need to move up due to a full room. Be aware that both parties involved in the friend request will have to exit the game to the XMB before the game will recognize the friend request is in place.

2. If you can't enter your assigned room because it is full, post in the thread before 9:30 Eastern time and I will make sure drivers are moved. Do not take it upon yourself to go to a different division and race. Note: a room is full when you can see the room has 16 of 16 drivers in it. A room is not full because you get a message saying the room is full when you can see that there are less than 16 of 16 drivers in the room. That message means the friend request was not taken care of properly.

3. If you can't enter your assigned room because you didn't get a friend request in place in time, wait until next week to race.

4. If you wait until after JLBowler has given the all clear to start racing to post that a room is full, you're too late. We will not move drivers around to accommodate a late arriving driver.

5. If you are told that you are lagging badly and affecting other drivers, please do the considerate thing and leave in the middle of the race. You will receive last place points but you won't ruin the race for another driver. This will give you extra time to try and get your connection sorted and get back for the next race without holding up the room too much. It's better to get last place points for leaving early to get it sorted than it is to miss the start of the next race and get 0 points if you can't get back to the room in three minutes.

6. If you don't know who the host for your division is, use the team SNAIL link. If you don't know what division you are assigned to, use this link and be sure to read the top of the list for the last time it was updated: Driver's List

These are not suggestions or guidelines. These instructions must be followed by all hosts and drivers. If you are a host and can't or won't be willing to follow this policy, please let us know and we will work to find a host who can and will follow this policy.

Last edited:
Is anyone else having issues entering data into the results sheet? The cells are locked. But I thought we weren't supposed to enter data into the scorekeeper's sheet since that data is copied over on Monday morning and not referenced again..

Is anyone else having issues entering data into the results sheet? The cells are locked. But I thought we weren't supposed to enter data into the scorekeeper's sheet since that data is copied over on Monday morning and not referenced again..
This is what I have:
Gap Cells- Protected in all round/races but R1/R1
Best Lap Cells - Protected in all round/races

Last edited:
I think we should switch from friends only rooms to open lobby rooms. From what ive heard the open lobby rooms are more stable. Last night was terrible in d5

D1 was open lobby last night and was pretty stable. My only issue with open lobby is the randoms that pop in mid race. The intro message when they enter the room can be distracting at times.

D1 was open lobby last night and was pretty stable. My only issue with open lobby is the randoms that pop in mid race. The intro message when they enter the room can be distracting at times.

D3 was also a open lobby and pretty stable. Only 1 racer had a few lag issues.

I am, looks like most of the divisions are unlocked, but D1 row 6 is still locked down.

Actually it looks like most of the doc is locked down except for a very few areas. For those entering data I think we all need to give @kcheeb some time to sort out the permissions. I'm sure once it's all sorted we'll get the all clear. 👍

Keeping the randoms out is the reason for friends only. Most of the time they just pop in and give the room a lag spike and move on. Sometimes they see how disruptive they can be until the race is over and they can be kicked. There is no difference in the way the servers handle an open lobby and a friends only lobby. The only restriction is that you must be friends with the host to enter a friends only lobby. The only way to change how the servers handle a room is to change from fixed host to non-fixed host.

It's all about what you want to trade to get something. If I'm going to have randoms popping in and out, I'd better get something in return and the game just doesn't offer up anything better by making it an open lobby.

Trading fixed host for non-fixed host is just barely OK because we don't run the risk of the whole room shutting down if the host loses connection but we do have to deal with everyone being affected by the worst connection in the room.

Last edited:
OK everyone, first thing I have to say is I had a great time in D7 last night. Great job winners and there is some great competition there!

Next thing (and I apologize if I shouldn't have done this and will have it removed) I noticed we are really growing and people are having a hard time finding some things. I borrowed some banners and its still a work in progress yet it is free so there only so much I can do with it right now. Plus I'm using an ancient computer for modern technology.

Anyways I would like to introduce everyone to my little project. Something I enjoy playing around with in my free time and now I'm here to show you all...

snailracing.webs.com

If I have to I will remove it but its a little project I was messing around with. Nowhere near what I wanted to make it to be but in my opinion a nice start. Feel free to check it out and let me know what you think. :)

OK everyone, first thing I have to say is I had a great time in D7 last night. Great job winners and there is some great competition there!

Next thing (and I apologize if I shouldn't have done this and will have it removed) I noticed we are really growing and people are having a hard time finding some things. I borrowed some banners and its still a work in progress yet it is free so there only so much I can do with it right now. Plus I'm using an ancient computer for modern technology.

Anyways I would like to introduce everyone to my little project. Something I enjoy playing around with in my free time and now I'm here to show you all...

snailracing.webs.com

If I have to I will remove it but its a little project I was messing around with. Nowhere near what I wanted to make it to be but in my opinion a nice start. Feel free to check it out and let me know what you think. :)

I took a quick look and I saw basically the same thing that our first post is with some links at the top of the page.

Everything we need and use on a day to day basis is linked to in the first or second post of this thread. Is it as well organized as it could be? No, but that could be fixed with an addition to the bottom of the first post with all the links in the same place. Right now, all the information anyone would need to know is one or two clicks away if they just take a moment to look for it in the first two posts. You want to know the current lineup, it's in post 2. You want to read our OLR, it's linked in post 1. You need to see the drivers list, linked in post 1.

It's all there. It could just use a little cleaning up. Maybe I will work on a "frequently used links" post and get it on the top of a page and then we could like to it from post one. I know that would add one click to the process but it's no more involved than heading to another site.

Back