◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,772 comments
Just did my first couple of laps with the new red bull combo. No offense to any of the prize winners but.... here goes.... !#$%&&^(*%&)@$@%^*$^&(*&)%(&(*&#%^&^%(&)_)(*&^%$&*(%$#%$^&@@!$!$%^&&**$%^Y%UAMSZN&$J%&$.

please don't reason with me, just venting lol.

Here are some pictures for banner use @LoganMichael from @Neovre's room.

@Schmiggz heading into the first turn

Ascari Full Track.jpg

@Schmiggz followed closely by @chatva and @DrKronin
Ascari Full Track_1.jpg

@Neovre making a pass on @DrKronin for the lead
Ascari Full Track_2.jpg

Same pass from a different view

Ascari Full Track_3.jpg

@KTR5 sliding through the finish

Ascari Full Track_4.jpg

That's using what you have @Rallywagon .
I was a huge MacGyver fan when I was a kiddo. I'm big on reusing and recycling to, you should see my ebrake and tactile setup. Its temporary, I got a largish desk that I am making a work table, and some 2x4. Gonna pick up a slab of counter top this weekend and build a nice custom desk/cockpit. I'll be playing some space sims sooner or later as well, so I'll be aiming for a a little more modularity than the average setup. It's gonna be shweet! I was thinking of getting a seat, something like this.
1982-Cadillac-Seville-leather-seats-a.jpg

Last edited:
Four tires off the track is a massive cut. What does the game do if you have two tires in the grass making the chicanes straighter then they already are?

Step one: Own 3 PS3s
Step two: Own 3 TV/monitors
Step three: Own three copies of GT6 or one physical copy and a digital copy.
Step four: ask for advice when you have completed steps 1 - 3 it's really not hard at that point as you just have to connect wires and set it up in game.

Thanks bro all I need is 1 more ps3

So this week may be a no-go for me as I am spending my spring break working on our, (The racing team I'm a part of IRL... go to www.unionracing.ca to learn more) race cars... Now you may ask, 'Race cars? What kind of race cars?' well now's a good time to explain. For those that race in the SCCA, you may be familiar with the always entertaining class known as 'Formula Vee'. For those that do not know what on Gods green earth I'm talking about, I'll help you out. The class known as Formula Vee has been a part of SCCA for just over 50 years now. The cars consist of the old 1200cc single port VW motor, the front beam & suspension, transmission & axles from an old 40hp VW Beetle. And yes, we also use those wild drum brakes on all 4 corners of the car. So take all that and fit it into a specially made formula car style frame, and voila, you pretty much have a Formula Vee. This class is the most affordable class to run in SCCA, or CACC, if you're Canadian. Part two down below...

The earlier mentioned class, Formula Vee, is probably the most fun you'll have racing, seeing as though the cars are so close.

Anyways, I've been born into racing... the first race I attended was only two weeks after I was born, and I haven't missed a race in my entire 15 years being alive. My grandfather's been racing for over 45 years, (He's now 83) and my father has been racing for just over 13 years, all in Formula Vee. There's no doubt in my mind that this is what I want to do for as long as I can.

Here's an example of Formula Vee's in action at the Fourth Annual F.A.R.T. Invitational Formula Vee Race! **Look for Scott Arthur #66, (My dad) and Al Ores #19 (My grandfather)**

So this week may be a no-go for me as I am spending my spring break working on our, (The racing team I'm a part of IRL... go to www.unionracing.ca to learn more) race cars... Now you may ask, 'Race cars? What kind of race cars?' well now's a good time to explain. For those that race in the SCCA, you may be familiar with the always entertaining class known as 'Formula Vee'. For those that do not know what on Gods green earth I'm talking about, I'll help you out. The class known as Formula Vee has been a part of SCCA for just over 50 years now. The cars consist of the old 1200cc single port VW motor, the front beam & suspension, transmission & axles from an old 40hp VW Beetle. And yes, we also use those wild drum brakes on all 4 corners of the car. So take all that and fit it into a specially made formula car style frame, and voila, you pretty much have a Formula Vee. This class is the most affordable class to run in SCCA, or CACC, if you're Canadian. Part two down below...

Was announcing for the Formula Vee last weekend at Thunderhill Raceway for SFR SCCA, 3 car dogfight from start to end in the rain. Wheels literally inches apart.

SNAIL NASCAR is up and running! Come join us for some untuned NASCAR fun! Tonight we are racing 40 laps at Daytona and 30 laps at Matterhorn dristelen.

Room ID 1472-6118-3653-4761-6388

@Neovre - far, far better driver than I am.

Maybe I did something wrong, but I briefly messed around with the Junior at Autumn Ring (forward?) and I ... almost... liked it...?

It is indeed fast - I was in the 1:10-1:11 range, and there was LOTS of time left in there. Reminded me of when we ran the Formula Gran Turismo at Daytona Road Course. Either the car/track speaks to you, or it doesn't. I'm a bit hard of hearing, so sometimes it takes me a few laps to hear the message. I'll give this one a few more laps sometime and make sure I didn't accidentally mess up my settings or something.

Out here - epic winds/flickering lights - no online for me tonight.

@Neovre That's awesome to hear! We love having you guys come up and race with us! We went down to thunderhill back in '03 for the 40th anniversary... Ended up raining the whole time, but a wicked experience!

I'm sure that Terran Swanson, the Sweeney's and Brian McCarthy were at the event?

If you would like one of your pics to be used for this weeks banners post um up! Ill be posting the new ones tomorrow night, uhh lets just say maybe 11 pm est?
How about Friday for those that have timing issues, jobs, kids, pets, non functioning throttle, and .........

Banner Pics! Easing off the filters too!

AutumnRing_zps8bf50e8b.jpg

Which one is your favorite???:confused::confused::confused:

All of them are some really good pictures. The first hit me right in the face however. That is a really excellent shot. I may go buy one in that orange/copper color, just because of this picture.

@zer05ive , you a Vettel fan?

If he doesn't win the championship this year...

Sebastian Vettel - 1 (and 5)
As the reigning world champion, Vettel had the option to continue carrying the prestigious number one on his car, something he duly accepted. Should he fail to claim a fifth consecutive championship title in 2014, however, the German will revert to his chosen career number: five. Vettel had the number five on his Red Bull car in 2010 - the year he won his first championship - and in 2001 when he was racing karts.

@Neovre - far, far better driver than I am.

Maybe I did something wrong, but I briefly messed around with the Junior at Autumn Ring (forward?) and I ... almost... liked it...?

It is indeed fast - I was in the 1:10-1:11 range, and there was LOTS of time left in there. Reminded me of when we ran the Formula Gran Turismo at Daytona Road Course. Either the car/track speaks to you, or it doesn't. I'm a bit hard of hearing, so sometimes it takes me a few laps to hear the message. I'll give this one a few more laps sometime and make sure I didn't accidentally mess up my settings or something.

I will MAKE you go 2 seconds faster and say it to the world it's BORING! lol jkjk might be interesting come race day.

Getting the storm that dumped about 5 inches of some dense snow on us I take it. Sure made life hell getting to work this morning. Nice layer of ice under it too. 3.5 more inches and we will have an all time record for snow fall in one year. 90.5. I think we got one more tops snow storm in us still!

Getting the storm that dumped about 5 inches of some dense snow on us I take it. Sure made life hell getting to work this morning. Nice layer of ice under it too. 3.5 more inches and we will have an all time record for snow fall in one year. 90.5. I think we got one more tops snow storm in us still!

damn it's still snowing? hitting 77F here in Cali, would fancy some snow

Okay SNAILs, it's prize time again! One of you is about to win an opportunity of a lifetime!

Based on the rules of the contest, here are the finalists for the Allen Berg Racing Schools Challenge as well as how many picks they've earned:

Each finalist will entered into a contest in which one of one hundred numbers will be "randomly" picked. The number range will be 00 to 99. The number listed next to each finalist's name represents the number of "picks" that he gets. As you have probably noticed, the more ABRS points each finalist earned, the more picks they get and the better chance they have to win. The drivers listed with the maximum 7 picks raced every Sunday night for the past two months without collecting a single penalty! :bowdown:

As we've done several times in the past, we'll be using Formula 1 to randomize the winner of this challenge. The last two digits of the DHL Fastest Lap Award for this Sunday's season-opening Austalian Grand Prix will be the winning number and the finalist who picked the same number will be the winner of the Allen Berg Racing Schools Challenge!! For example, if the if the fastest lap during the race is 1:29.274, then the finalist who picked 74 would be the winner.

All of the finalists will be receiving a PM from me at some point on Thursday evening. It will provide detailed instructions as well as brief terms and conditions for participating in the contest. You will be required to post your picks on the thread, but please do not do anything until you read my PM.

Good luck to all of you!! :gtpflag:

Last edited:
Okay SNAILs, it's prize time again! One of you is about to win an opportunity of a lifetime!

Based on the rules of the contest, here are the finalists for the Allen Berg Racing Schools Challenge as well as how many picks they've earned:

Each finalist will entered into a contest in which one of one hundred numbers will be "randomly" picked. The number range will be 00 to 99. The number listed next to each finalist's name represents the number of "picks" that he gets. As you have probably noticed, the more ABRS points each finalist earned, the more picks they get and the better chance they have to win. The drivers listed with the maximum 7 picks raced every Sunday night for the past two months without collecting a single penalty! :bowdown:

As we've done several times in the past, we'll be using Formula 1 to randomize the winner of this challenge. The last two digits of the DHL Fastest Lap Award for this Sunday's season-opening Austalian Grand Prix will be the winning number and the finalist who picked the same number will be the winner of the Allen Berg Racing Schools Challenge!! For example, if the if the fastest lap during the race is 1:29.274, then the finalist who picked 74 would be the winner.

All of the finalists will be receiving a PM from me at some point on Thursday evening. It will provide detailed instructions as well as brief terms and conditions for participating in the contest. You will be required to post your picks on the thread, but please do not do anything until you read my PM.

Good luck to all of you!! :gtpflag:
I wonder if I can give my picks away to someone that would actually be able to go? If I won it would be wasted and I know some generous west coast snails that would love this.

Latest Posts

Back