◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,415 comments
Apologies again. I passed out on the couch and I guess my wife didn't wake me up because she knew how tired I was. Thanks for the PM. The results post has been corrected.

Also, thanks to @JLBowler for giving me a heads up on the ineligible prize winner earlier this evening, which of course I didn't see until later because I'm way behind on my PM's. :dunce:

You know, if you don't party so hardy at work, you wouldn't be passing out like that. Oh wait, it was Sunday. You probably weren't at work. ;) :P:sly::crazy:

Got it. I won't be racing this week, doing some spring travelling. As a result, I don't really feel compelled to impose my desired freeze.

If allowed to do so, I forego my Prize C and leave it up to fizzer to make a free choice on Prize B, without blocking either the car or track.

(As a backup, if the decision is that I must make a choice for the freeze, then id say lets keep Ascari in the mix)

Got it. I won't be racing this week, doing some spring travelling. As a result, I don't really feel compelled to impose my desired freeze.

If allowed to do so, I forego my Prize C and leave it up to fizzer to make a free choice on Prize B, without blocking either the car or track.

(As a backup, if the decision is that I must make a choice for the freeze, then id say lets keep Ascari in the mix)

We'll miss you this week. Happy travels! Going anywhere interesting?

Well then, either way I was planning on keeping Ascari, so it all works out then :)

I will do some testing and have a pick soon!

BTW. @zer05ive , @kcheeb , @ExoSphere64 Are we going to try the tire adjustments discussed last week for the upcoming week? If so, we should finalize before picks are made.

Ascari is why it was voted off. The Clio is a fantastic car.

The only way Ascari doesn't get voted off this week is if XRad chooses a totally ridiculous combo (unlikely) or The Spa/Trophy combo goes due to its age.

I just don't understand people sometimes. No one was complaining about the car, EVERYONE was complaining about the track. I'm all in favor of free will, but it doesn't hurt to listen to feedback sometimes. Oh well, what can you do.

By the way, thanks for that shoutout a few posts back Joe, that was a hell of a race at Spa!

Well then, either way I was planning on keeping Ascari, so it all works out then :)

I will do some testing and have a pick soon!

BTW. @zer05ive , @kcheeb , @ExoSphere64 Are we going to try the tire adjustments discussed last week for the upcoming week? If so, we should finalize before picks are made.
While I have no desire to race again at ascari I was thinking that something small light and low hp might work there. Maybe the lotus elan, Toyota s2000. But I think I can speak for the west coast division in that the majority voted off the combo due to the track.

I feel like we were bad children and now we are being told "this is for your own good!"

Just kidding....a little.

It's your choice....we'll survive. This too shall pass.

I feel like we were bad children and now we are being told "this is for your own good!"

Just kidding....a little.

It's your choice....we'll survive. This too shall pass.

Haha, that's right. Snails should be able to race clean at any track. We're going to do it till we get it right ;)

I am looking for something small and well mannered to promote good close racing at the highly technical, but very fun to drive track.

I just don't understand people sometimes. No one was complaining about the car, EVERYONE was complaining about the track. I'm all in favor of free will, but it doesn't hurt to listen to feedback sometimes. Oh well, what can you do.

By the way, thanks for that shoutout a few posts back Joe, that was a hell of a race at Spa!

You're exactly right. I'm pretty sure the majority of the people who voted that combo off did so because of Ascari. And if/when it's kept for this week's races, it will get voted off again...because of the track.

The Clio IS a fantastic car and provides the right amount of finesse to drive it fast. The track is a bit narrow with limited places to attempt a clean pass.

Haha, that's right. Snails should be able to race clean at any track. We're going to do it till we get it right ;)

I am looking for something small and well mannered to promote good close racing at the highly technical, but very fun to drive track.
I thought the Clio was small and well mannered. It is a great car to drive (and a favorite in the DTC challenge for its PP).

This is the second week the conversation about why people voted for a combo has come up. Last week I think most voted to get rid of the Redbull. This week drivers didn't like Ascari. I know I'm still new to the club but I have a few suggestions. Please consider them, or just ignore them, but I don't want to remain in silence...

Perhaps instead of asking for a single vote at the end of the night, we should use a form like the incident report. List 6 checkboxes, one for each car and each track. Each driver can check as many boxes as they like Sunday night or Monday morning. Using the full data of driver preferences, we can hand out more specific prizes. We could also gather notes about the combos in the form so that prize winners have some guidelines on what to pick.

I'd also like to make a slightly bolder suggestion but I'm not sure how well it will work. How about a pipeline of pre-approved combos to choose from? Any driver can propose a combo. Other drivers can test those combos and vote for them. Prize winners can choose only from the top XX combos as voted on by league members. This ensures that the combo is acceptable to the majority BEFORE it is used on a race night.

You're exactly right. I'm pretty sure the majority of the people who voted that combo off did so because of Ascari. And if/when it's kept for this week's races, it will get voted off again...because of the track.

The Clio IS a fantastic car and provides the right amount of finesse to drive it fast. The track is a bit narrow with limited places to attempt a clean pass.

The track is a bit narrow with limited places to pass because it's NOT a racetrack. It a race resort that caters to guys with too much money that want to come out and hotlap for a while.

The track is a bit narrow with limited places to pass because it's NOT a racetrack. It a race resort that caters to guys with too much money that want to come out and hotlap for a while.

I agree. That's exactly how I feel about the Nurburgring Nordschleife. It's not a racetrack, it's a road more suited for time attack.

I agree with Chuyler. If we could vote on either the car OR the track OR both it would probably lead to better combos being picked. I know this would be a nightmare for statisticians, etc. but it would narrow down the problem more often times than not.

The last two weeks there hasn't been a need to narrow down what was voted for. It's been painfully obvious with just a little observation that the Red Bull combo was voted off due to the car and the Ascari combo was voted off because of the track. The issue lies with those making the choices to keep or replace going with their own preference (which is fine, it's your right) or trying to teach us all a lesson (which when you come out and say that makes you sound like an arrogant SOB, that's your right too). I don't want to be taught a lesson by being told to race on a track that was never designed for racing.

This is the second week the conversation about why people voted for a combo has come up. Last week I think most voted to get rid of the Redbull. This week drivers didn't like Ascari. I know I'm still new to the club but I have a few suggestions. Please consider them, or just ignore them, but I don't want to remain in silence...

I'm pretty new too, but I really like the system as it is. It allows prize winners to be creative and provides a lot of variety. Having pre-approved combos would be too limiting. The voting process ensures that a truly terrible combo won't last more than a week.

Its a prize right? Success is to be rewarded. A prize winner should choose what they enjoy. Some enjoy certain combos for whatever reason. Other's enjoy making a pick that the whole league loves and stays on the schedule for weeks.

But, since one's success affects others enjoyment of the league, there's a democratic process to make sure prizes won don't become a burden.

As many complaints about Ascari I've heard on this thread, I've heard just as many praises in practice rooms last week. The track is very rewarding to drive, but indeed challenging to race on.

My view as a prize winner is that I make picks mostly for my own enjoyment. If others agree, great. If not, also great. Everyone has an equal voice in getting rid of a combo.

My motivation for picking the Autumn Ring last week was 1 - ensure the red bull gets voted off, and 2 - while suffering through the car, at least be at a track that wasn't boring to me to drive (aka limited straights).

This week, I want to continue to drive a track that is one of the most enjoyable to drive on for me in GT6. Its like a little 'ring with the variety of corners it provides. However, I would like to enjoy some closer racing there with more passing opportunities. So, my motivation this week is to find a car that does just that.

Edit: @JLBowler Didn't mean to offend, the "teaching a lesson" thing was just me joking around. Really I'm keeping Ascari because A - that's what the prize C winner wanted, and B I enjoy driving it.

I know I haven't been in the league for very long but I personally like the way the prizes are done and the fact that we are made to learn whatever combo is chosen I know a lot of the guys here can drive anything that's put in front of them but I feel that basically being forced to learn these new combos every week has helped my racing ability quite a bit I prefer to play offline with all the helpers off now and stuff like that sure I agree some combos chosen are more fun than others but the ones I don't care for are the ones that are making me better because then I'm in learning mode too instead of just having fun

I'm pretty new too, but I really like the system as it is. It allows prize winners to be creative and provides a lot of variety. Having pre-approved combos would be too limiting. The voting process ensures that a truly terrible combo won't last more than a week.
Its a prize right? Success is to be rewarded. A prize winner should choose what they enjoy. Some enjoy certain combos for whatever reason. Other's enjoy making a pick that the whole league loves and stays on the schedule for weeks.
But, since one's success affects others enjoyment of the league, there's a democratic process to make sure prizes won don't become a burden.
As many complaints about Ascari I've heard on this thread, I've heard just as many praises in practice rooms last week. The track is very rewarding to drive, but indeed challenging to race on.
My view as a prize winner is that I make picks mostly for my own enjoyment. If others agree, great. If not, also great. Everyone has an equal voice in getting rid of a combo.
My motivation for picking the Autumn Ring last week was 1 - ensure the red bull gets voted off, and 2 - while suffering through the car, at least be at a track that wasn't boring to me to drive (aka limited straights).
This week, I want to continue to drive a track that is one of the most enjoyable to drive on for me in GT6. Its like a little 'ring with the variety of corners it provides. However, I would like to enjoy some closer racing there with more passing opportunities. So, my motivation this week is to find a car that does just that.
Edit: @JLBowler Didn't mean to offend, the "teaching a lesson" thing was just me joking around. Really I'm keeping Ascari because A - that's what the prize C winner wanted, and B I enjoy driving it.
So...it's all about you.

Now we know a little more about you without having to meet you in person ;)

Back