◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,417 comments
What's the reasoning behind not being able to use it in WRS? I thought it was usually a bit slower?
I think you can map it to a button and there is some advantage you can gain by doing this. Not sure what though

I've done it a while back. I did not have to do the ethernet cable transfer thing either. If memory serves me right, these are all the steps i did and it worked. Give this a shot if you'd like.
1. Save game data to memory stick (So you'll have a backup if cloud fails), disconnect old ps3
2. On new ps3, setup your internet connection
3. Sign in on psn using existing account (the one that has all your gt6 data)
4. Check for software updates in xmb menu and update system if needed.
5. While still signed in on psn, load gt6 and install all in game updates.
-Cloud should have everything restored for you at this point.
BUT:
- If game is asking to start new career, quit game, plug in memory stick and copy game data to ps3. Make sure you're still signed in... Start game and you should have everything there (credits, cars, progress, etc).
Let me know if it works, good luck.

A Blessing on Four Wheels, to be sure. Thank you will give IT a go right after work. PS+ said I couldn't download anything until after 5pm CDT. Soooooo, have all fingers, toes, eyes and tongue crossed that it works. I would sure hate to start GT-6 all over again ..... and this time without my "bankroll in the garage".

What's the reasoning behind not being able to use it in WRS? I thought it was usually a bit slower?

Written by Hydro Dec 1, 2012

"The reason for this is that the clutch is not available to to all drivers (DFGT, DS3, etc.) and it's not possible to determine whether or not a clutch could provide an unfair advantage without testing all devices side by side. Previous GT5 releases have had an advantage when the clutch was used.
In order to keep everyone on the same level the use of a clutch in any / all WRS events is banned."

The advantage was on GT5 : P where you didn't need to reduce any throttle input on upshifts, thus much faster shifts.

Ok, one more question. This one concerning the cape ring. The red/blue tarmac with all the perpendicular white lines. Track? Not track? If I'm nearing a car fully on it should I expect it do a reentry concession? Especially the large 360° turn.

Last edited:
Ok, one more question. This one concerning the cape ring. The red tarmac with all the perpendicular white lines. Track? Not track? If I'm nearing a car fully on it should I expect it do a reentry concession? Especially the large 360° turn.

Generally speaking, painted pavement beyond the white line is not part of the track. I will get to a full boundary report before the racing on Sunday. Hopefully, I can get this done at some point tomorrow.

Ok, one more question. This one concerning the cape ring. The red tarmac with all the perpendicular white lines. Track? Not track? If I'm nearing a car fully on it should I expect it do a reentry concession? Especially the large 360° turn.
Ninja'd

JL will confirm but last time we raced areas outside the white lines are not track. So three wheels over the white line =out of bounds. JL should be giving us the full rundown before long

Not much advantage with any particular line around the ring but to be safe, stick within the white lines. The penalty turn is going to likely be turn 16 where drivers either clip the chicane or run wide across the grass on exit into the pit lane. I don't want to see any drivers on the other side of the grassy knoll!

StewardAnnouncments.png

A new Incident Reporting policy is now in effect. Please review this post. The new policy is in bold, red, italic print in the first paragraph.

Sorry, I'll get this corrected when I get home. I'm not going to risk editing that post from my phone, although it's already pretty jacked up as it is.. :(

While your in there, you can set the Integra at 484PP and 313HP and the Alfa at 507PP and 465HP. Why, oh why, would they not let us paint those gorgeous wheels? Since they won't, I will not be running my usual wheel color on the Alfa combo.

I'm not sure what the laps will be for the new combos, but I suspect 4 will be close enough. If that holds true, all 3 combos will be 6 minutes for the qualifying session.

Re: the integra

I've found that my times don't suffer much from some wheelspin as long as its not banging off the limiter. But, that's over the course of a single lap. On a 4 or 5 lap race of Ascari, if you're burning the tires enough you will suffer by lap 4 or 5.

As others have said though, its best to control the wheelspin as much as possible and not over-use the front tires with excess wheel input or throttle. Late apexes are key as you can't maintain rotation with a lot of throttle on a FWD car.

Another tip, don't coast off throttle. You'll actually rotate better with a tiny bit of throttle (5-10%) on the stock diff settings . Brake a little earlier if necessary, but get right on the throttle, just a tad, as soon as your done braking and you'll probably find better mid-corner balance. If you left foot brake you can start holding a tiny bit of throttle as you finish braking smoothing the transition. Also, move brake bias to the rear to help with corner entry rotation.

With this car at least, a lot of the same throttle control techniques that apply to MR or RR cars help. The consequences of a mistake are less severe though, so its a good tool to work on your go pedal technique :)

Are you aloud to adjust the brake bias? If so is there anything else?
Brake balance is the only thing that can be adjusted. If we could block it we would. The idea of the league is we all race identical cars with identical settings. But since we can not stop people using BB it is allowed.

Brake balance is the only thing that can be adjusted. If we could block it we would. The idea of the league is we all race identical cars with identical settings. But since we can not stop people using BB it is allowed.

Not really an issue for me, I have never touched the brake bias and still ran respectable times... There is a lot you can do with just fine tuning "driving" alone.

Sounds good. thanks for the info

BUT:
- If game is asking to start new career, quit game, plug in memory stick and copy game data to ps3. Make sure you're still signed in... Start game and you should have everything there (credits, cars, progress, etc).
Let me know if it works, good luck.

The USB approach worked perfectly. All data is transferred and I'm up and running.
Thank you for the time and suggestions.

HI. I would like to compete this sunday on the west coast time slot. I tried to do this last year but I got injured. Do I need to do a new time trial? also are you still doing oil changes on your races being that the cars lose power after awhile? thanks
@gmraces,
Thanks for your interest!
We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

Okay so I have many friends who are involved in snail and I am wanting to possible take place in a upcoming race to get a feel for the event. So if someone could give some info on how to get started it would be greatly appreciated. I'm huge into endurance races in the game.
@russelljarred,
Thanks for your interest!
We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

Back