◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,698 comments
While your in there, you can set the Integra at 484PP and 313HP and the Alfa at 507PP and 465HP. Why, oh why, would they not let us paint those gorgeous wheels? Since they won't, I will not be running my usual wheel color on the Alfa combo.

I'm not sure what the laps will be for the new combos, but I suspect 4 will be close enough. If that holds true, all 3 combos will be 6 minutes for the qualifying session.
Done and done. :)

THE PRACTICE ROOMS ARE OFFICIALLY OPEN ! If you are assigned to D1, D2, D3, or D4 please join, with your best racecraft, the BLUE ROOM:
1472-6118-4216-8212-9854

If you are assigned to D5, D6, D7, or D8 please join, with your best racecraft, the RED ROOM:

1472-6681-3286-8590-4112
Sunday March 16th Results
Sunday March 23th Lineup

Photo Courtesy of @shmibal43
AscariFullTrack_15_zps255ebec1.jpg

CapeRing_11_zps6b0bae75.jpg

Photo Courtesy of @Wolfsatz

THE PRACTICE ROOMS ARE OFFICIALLY OPEN ! If you are assigned to D1, D2, D3, or D4 please join, with your best racecraft, the BLUE ROOM:
new blue room
1472-6118-3658-4755-7178

If you are assigned to D5, D6, D7, or D8 please join, with your best racecraft, the RED ROOM:

1472-6681-3286-8590-4112
Sunday March 16th Results
Sunday March 23th Lineup

AscariFullTrack_15_zps255ebec1.jpg

CapeRing_11_zps6b0bae75.jpg

Photo Courtesy of @Wolfsatz

Another week another car not letting me on without tuning (or this time even opening the setup sheet (Integra)). I can't afford to keep purchasing multiple cars every week and my credits are quickly dropping. Anyone know how to get around this silliness?

Did you put bigger wheels on it? Did you do the chassis improvement?

You can only go up +1 at most or it won't let you in. I haven't tried the chassis stiffening, but I would imagine that is out as well. Every little thing makes it bark at you.

I had to get a second RB Junior and I didn't even touch the first one other than brake balance.

I don't touch brake balance but yes I always oil, chassis and wheels. The people I'm in the room with did the exact same as me that's why I'm getting slightly annoyed now. I had to get a second Red Bull as well and Megane. Burning a hole in my artificial pockets :yuck:.

I don't touch brake balance but yes I always oil, chassis and wheels. The people I'm in the room with did the exact same as me that's why I'm getting slightly annoyed now. I had to get a second Red Bull as well and Megane. Burning a hole in my artificial pockets :yuck:.
Try not doing the chassis. There is no need on a new car and stick with stock sized wheels

I buy the chassis just as I think it slows down the rate of the costly rebuild. I tried a few things and it turned out to be the wheels this time.

slowpoke.. follow me. everyone is coming here

new Murder room
1472-6118-3658-4755-7178

Not sure if it is because Thursday everyone wants to come on top, but must say that lately Blue Room has not been observing basic SOLR.

As a D3 driver I want to improve and be competitive, but faster drivers need to respect slower traffic.

Not sure if it is because Thursday everyone wants to come on top, but must say that lately Blue Room has not been observing basic SOLR.

As a D3 driver I want to improve and be competitive, but faster drivers need to respect slower traffic.
Most Thursday nights are like this.
That is why I stopped attending regularly.

Hey guys, just wanted to give a reminder that I will be missing D7 action this week, as I'll be leaving tomorrow. We don't have an official backup replay uploader listed in Team SNAIL, but I'm pretty sure we have a few others who could take care of those duties this week.

I should be back in time for next Sunday assuming travel goes smoothly. Looking forward to it. :)

Hey guys, just wanted to give a reminder that I will be missing D7 action this week, as I'll be leaving tomorrow. We don't have an official backup replay uploader listed in Team SNAIL, but I'm pretty sure we have a few others who could take care of those duties this week.

I should be back in time for next Sunday assuming travel goes smoothly. Looking forward to it. :)
i got it dont worry about it

Also I'm still having many problems with the GranStand Standings. click on the link it say's "Oops! Google Chrome could not find xn--https-yv3b". If I go to the docs from a different link and head to the standings it's all blank and in cell 1A it say's "error: The requested spreadsheet key, sheet title, or cell range was not found".

Also I'm still having many problems with the GranStand Standings. click on the link it say's "Oops! Google Chrome could not find xn--https-yv3b". If I go to the docs from a different link and head to the standings it's all blank and in cell 1A it say's "error: The requested spreadsheet key, sheet title, or cell range was not found".

Not sure what I can do about the link you're having problems with, it works for me :confused: If anyone else is having issues, let me know.

For the GranStand results, every once in a while the links in the spreadsheet go on a bit of a walkabout. I've forced it to update. Thanks for letting me know 👍

Yeah sometimes I have a little time on Thursday to choose/test my DTC cars and maybe buy the new Sunday night cars and grab a lap or two of the new combos. But honestly, Thursday "official" practice night has been a disaster since I can remember. I did it once or twice way back when, but it's rarely better than your basic open lobby rooms.

I know tonight @Wolfsatz sent me a PM while I was in my own lobby practicing DTC by myself. But man I'd rather run a few laps by myself than get banged around all night. Not wolfies fault, but it just doesn't appeal to me.

yes the blue room was awful for the first 2 combos tonight. People short cutting, dive bombing, and unsafe track reentry, and way too much contact in reverse grid. I know I'm slow especially with the new combos but it is up to the driver overtaking to make a clean pass without contact. If you're following someone slower than you, you need to brake early to ensure that you're not bumping them constantly.

I have to agree with Wolf, I probably have made some of those offensive moves myself. It's sad to hear such a thing for me. The closest analogy I can think of is the more recent format of GT racing with 3 classes of pros, pro am and the gentlemen driver class all on track at the same time. Some of you may recognize it as the Blancpain Endurance Series with over 50 GT cars on the grid.

What I am trying to say is, at least for myself try and act like a pro from now on, and don't cause 3 or 4 wide entries on lap 1 into Les Combes acting like an online racer would. You seldomly initiate a heroic act yet it will find it's way to you.

On the other hand, slower drivers, I don't want to sound offensive but also recognize that you may be 3 to 4 seconds slower over the course of a lap and it frustrates faster drivers a lot when you drive defensively and try to outbrake them throughout the entire lap and then end up spinning off track because you were too focused on what was going on behind you. Know when the battle is lost and slot back in behind. It is more likely that you learn more from following someone quicker even for just a few corners.

I am running out of time right now as I need to get up early.

Of course we can govern the practices like we do with our actual races But I guess what I have mentioned should be more of a Racing Driver's Creed and for us Snails looking to improve ourselves as a potential real life race car driver, for fun or with more seriousness this is something we should abide to.

Last edited:
On a completely different note, (I think this is necessary as a different post correct me if I'm wrong I don't have a lot of forum experience)

I need some help with my driving habits. I do a lot of track days and also some club racing in real life (looking to become a real pro), and after a long day behind the wheel on GT6 today, I noticed that I tense up my entire body while I am in a corner(not gripping the steering wheel hard) as if I am bracing myself against the g-force in a corner so that I can make fine inputs in a real life scenario. Obviously it tires me out a lot quicker than what is necessary to be on a sim.

My question is, should I drive relaxed on a sim as opposed to in a real car and if so, how can I relax my tensed body? I am conscious and well aware of my tensing up but I lose focus on driving if I tell myself to relax my muscles when I am on the sim.

One advantage of being relaxed versus tensing up while at GT6 or any sim is I am freed up to do other body motions that was once bounded by my habit which in turn might make me go faster. But I don't want to lose my developed senses to g forces either. Or would I find something new in that realm as well?

I know I probably won't find the perfect answer here but it doesn't hurt to hear some of your opinions.
Thanks.

On a completely different note, (I think this is necessary as a different post correct me if I'm wrong I don't have a lot of forum experience)

I need some help with my driving habits. I do a lot of track days and also some club racing in real life (looking to become a real pro), and after a long day behind the wheel on GT6 today, I noticed that I tense up my entire body while I am in a corner(not gripping the steering wheel hard) as if I am bracing myself against the g-force in a corner so that I can make fine inputs in a real life scenario. Obviously it tires me out a lot quicker than what is necessary to be on a sim.

My question is, should I drive relaxed on a sim as opposed to in a real car and if so, how can I relax my tensed body? I am conscious and well aware of my tensing up but I lose focus on driving if I tell myself to relax my muscles when I am on the sim.

One advantage of being relaxed versus tensing up while at GT6 or any sim is I am freed up to do other body motions that was once bounded by my habit which in turn might make me go faster. But I don't want to lose my developed senses to g forces either. Or would I find something new in that realm as well?

I know I probably won't find the perfect answer here but it doesn't hurt to hear some of your opinions.
Thanks.
The more relaxed you are the better in my opinion.

I used to have this philosophy on how to learn to drive fast that I applied with pretty good success. It went like this drive only as fast as you can be relaxed and still have enough focus to think about something else while doing it. Over time I found this would make you a better racer because you were relaxed at the limit of the car while everyone else was just hanging on trying to drive at 110% of their capabilities. One other part of this is you can see what you're doing well and where you need to improve because you're not hanging on for dear life. You won't be the fastest at first but you're playing the long game and you will be fastest in the long run. This of course means being relaxed.

On the point of real life verses sim if your driving tensed up in real life you might want to look at your seating position and if you are pushing or pulling on the wheel. Focus on pushing the wheel verses pulling and that will help you relax more also. When I drive any car in real life I'm relaxed even at it's limit because I set my seat properly so I'm not having to brace myself through a corner. Anyways if you need more specifics on this feel free to ask. SNAIL on!!

P.S. Congrats @kcheeb

Last edited:
The more relaxed you are the better in my opinion.

I used to have this philosophy on how to learn to drive fast that I applied with pretty good success. It went like this drive only as fast as you can be relaxed and still have enough focus to think about something else while doing it. Over time I found this would make you a better racer because you were relaxed at the limit of the car while everyone else was just hanging on trying to drive at 110% of their capabilities. One other part of this is you can see what you're doing well and where you need to improve because you're not hanging on for dear life. You won't be the fastest at first but you're playing the long game and you will be fastest in the long run. This of course means being relaxed.

On the point of real life verses sim if your driving tensed up in real life you might want to look at your seating position and if you are pushing or pulling on the wheel. Focus on pushing the wheel verses pulling and that will help you relax more also. When I drive any car in real life I'm relaxed even at it's limit because I set my seat properly so I'm not having to brace myself through a corner. Anyways if you need more specifics on this feel free to ask. SNAIL on!!

P.S. Congrats @kcheeb

How do you set the seat properly so you don't have to brace? Also, what determines if you are pulling or pushing on the steering wheel, if anything, beyond focusing on it? Is it the distance, angle or height in relation to the driver? Thanks

Last edited:
Back