◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,748 comments
My truck challenge room is open for anyone interested. Qualifying starts between 2 and 2:15. If your interested the room number is 1472-6118-4259-7710-1753

Closed the room for. Perhaps not enough notice or not enough interest. Maybe I'll try again next Sunday. Good luck to all in tonights races!

F it wasnt that early i would have jumped in

Have a good looking paint scheme!
Having a unique color scheme in your division allows other racer's to quickly recognize you.

I'd paint Martini Racing stripes on my cars if I could. I bet that Alfa 8C would smexy with them.

Looks like Skills is sending out the Sunday Divisional Announcements as I type this.

All rounds tonight will be 4 laps and 6 minute qualifying sessions.
If I may, 6 minutes of qualifying at Cape ring will put some drivers with only 1 lap of qualifying after the run up. Perhaps 7 minutes would be better?

After reading this and running a few laps in practice it is my conclusion that Round 2 should be 3 laps and this will make 8 minutes if qualifying. The director's document will be changed to reflect this.

Both Round 1 & 2 will remain at 4 laps and 6 minute qual session.

I think the amount of time for qualifying should be in the post with the combos, it can be very confusing as to how long it should be.

I'd like to have that so that division hosts will know how long to have it.

I'd paint Martini Racing stripes on my cars if I could. I bet that Alfa 8C would smexy with them.

That is actually a very good idea for PD. Having iconic paint schemes would be awesome.
McLaren Williams
Ferrari
Lotus

hof_profile_left_45.jpg

hof_profile_left_7.jpg

BjQe8EMCUAAMFg9.jpg

Lotus E22 👎:yuck: (The livery is sexy, but the nose kills the whole car for me.)

williams-martini-racing-fw36-00024.jpg

I'm not fond of the schlong-nose, but the livery more than makes up for it.

I think the amount of time for qualifying should be in the post with the combos, it can be very confusing as to how long it should be.

I'd like to have that so that division hosts will know how long to have it.
It's already posted at the top of the directors document for scorekeeping.

After reading this and running a few laps in practice it is my conclusion that Round 2 should be 3 laps and this will make 8 minutes if qualifying. The director's document will be changed to reflect this.

Both Round 1 & 2 will remain at 4 laps and 6 minute qual session.

I just want to confirm that this is official. We are adjusting round 2?

To any West Coast Guests.

I want to take a moment and ask that anyone who comes join us for some additional racing during the West Coast Event keep a few things in mind:

1. Please be aware that we are racing for points.

This means that you should not be doing anything that is likely to effect a WC racers night. This may mean the better thing to do is let the faster guy buy you even though you have every right to be in front. You holding up a regular WC guy could cost him valuable points. Imagine if a random joined your division and held you up for several laps while you main competitor for the night pulled away and the points you lost meant you did not win the division. I imagine you would not like that. We want you to race with us but you need to remember you are here as a guest.​

2. Please do not qualify

Leave the qualifying to the WC racers so we can start with a correct grid. Likewise please do not do anything intentional that would mean you end up starting from the front. By doing so you can create a bottleneck that the WC division should not have to deal with.​

3. Keep the chat to a reasonable level.

While you may be in a nice an relaxed place after already racing we will be gearing up for some serious action. We do not need to hear about your lap times, the combos you did not like and other such stuff. Generally we are a laid back and talkative bunch but just keep in mind this is our main event.​

4. Come have fun. We have had a lot of people join us from the regular divisions and we do like having you with us.

- Joby

It has been an interesting year going from GT5 to GT6. Always looking forwards to reach the 2 year and beyond milestone in SNAIL. Thank you everyone for your support in the family of SNAIL and clean, competitive racing.

In my own mind, i tought that practice room was a place for learning and practicing car track and racecraft, but from what i saw in the last too day the racecraft part in practice room is pretty lacking, people don't give 🤬 if they rammed you out of the track during a race, they go ahead and hope that they didnt lose too many second, even when not in a race people are not patient at all and force passes, either by divebombing, put them on the inside of a turn, forcing you to go out of track or more simply push you out,

:banghead: Practice room are supossed to be a place to learn, and some people need to practice racecraft and patience alot (so do i!). I know that we cannot repport incident during practice, that would become a pain in the back, but i'm starting to think about makin myself a little list of people too watch.

Remember, we are racing for fun,

i will now go practice alone :grumpy: i dont think i will be able to divebomb myself ,

DS3? MIA? No way! Just enjoying my spring break! As for using a wheel, that's false information mes amis... all controller for me! Also, I hope I can make tonights race, it's been a while with no practice so I may be rusty! See y'all out on track!

I just want to confirm that this is official. We are adjusting round 2?

In practice this afternoon, we had drivers from D3 to D6. Someone was able to run in the 2:49s but most were closer to 3 minutes. If we run Cape Ring for 4 laps, the racing for most divisions will run over 12 minutes. Our goal is a median of 11 minutes. The director's document has already been updated with Cape Ring at 3 laps and 8 minutes's qualifying. If we leave it at 4 laps that one combo will take 24 minutes just for the 2 races, not including qual and set up time.

So, in answer to your question, yes, it's official.

In practice this afternoon, we had drivers from D3 to D6. Someone was able to run in the 2:49s but most were closer to 3 minutes. If we run Cape Ring for 4 laps, the racing for most divisions will run over 12 minutes. Our goal is a median of 11 minutes. The director's document has already been updated with Cape Ring at 3 laps and 8 minutes's qualifying. If we leave it at 4 laps that one combo will take 24 minutes just for the 2 races, not including qual and set up time.

So, in answer to your question, yes, it's official.

I certainly agree. Just wanted to confirm so there isn't any confusion tonight. However, thank you for the detailed response :)

Can I join the race tonight with the Snail racing thingy?

You did very well last night in our practice room. You'll do very well and have a lot of fun too!

You'll have to wait until next Sunday to race as the deadline for driver placement has already passed.

Do the TT and you'll be placed for next week.

Back