◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,416 comments
Well the night didn't turn out the way we wanted for d5 but O well hope they get that stuff lined out got 2 poles and 3 wins tonight and we didn't get to race the 3rd combo but good racing every one not to bad for my 3rd week in snail I love it here

I want to say a quick apology to @goofytyler and the rest of the west coast league. My comments at the end of the night should have been done offline and I apologize to goofy and the rest of the people there.

Joby

WC replays are uploading. The room went off with just one hitch (Neo being DC'd as we started qualifying so he missed the first race) and while there were a few bumps here and there, I think overall it was a good evening :)

Props to @jobyone, @RinnFah and @goofytyler who I saw made some pretty sweet saves in various races tonight when I was close enough to see :cheers:

WC replays are uploading. The room went off with just one hitch (Neo being DC'd as we started qualifying so he missed the first race) and while there were a few bumps here and there, I think overall it was a good evening :)

Props to @jobyone, @RinnFah and @goofytyler who I saw made some pretty sweet saves in various races tonight when I was close enough to see :cheers:

I guess that's just the way PD does to make the WC Sunday nights more equal =(

All data that is available to me is updated within the Directors Docs. Races 1-4 are complete. Race 5 has places and finish times. Race 6 has nothing. @Sharkb8ii will update the final race in the near future.

What a frustrating night. There can't be a single person who is happy with how GT6 is currently running. I just don't understand how PD and Sony can feel that they are doing even a mediocre job.
I was disco'd in race 6. I don't have those numbers.

The scoring sheets have been copied from the Directors Document to the Results Document.

If you are:

1. Entering results (pole and finishes) from last night, please enter it into the Directors Document and let me know you've done it.

2. Entering race data (fast lap, total time etc.) please enter it into the Results document.

Thanks you.

Last edited:
I never got a chance to practice the Honda. I got about 1 lap in before the race started (because I was having trouble finding the lobby). I got my 2 qualifying laps in, and managed to learn the handling on the fly the first race. Sorry about my fender banging the first few turns. I just wasn't at 100% last night. I backed off and figured I would just start over from the back of the pack. The racing seemed pretty tight and I think the car offers a fun challenge. Good choice.

I spent about an hour driving the Alfa prior to last night and since I'm more familiar with the track I did pretty well. However I just don't think the combo is fun to race. For a 2:45 lap time there is really one one safe passing area unless someone really misses their braking point. The combo was "OK" for one night but I have no desire to race it again.

I still love the Megane. D2 drivers were lulled to sleep by the constant disconnects so when we finally did race it was a mess. I've never crashed on that course and managed to clip the curb before the final chicane and spin out. That cost me my first win in D2. I'm pissed because I qualified 1st and was on my way to victory when everyone started getting disconnected.

I was wanting to know if I can race along with the S.N.A.I.L race team. I am I good racer.
There is no racing team per say, we are a league. We hold races amongst ourselves. We don't have a team that goes out and races other teams.
Now that said, you made your intent to join known. @Skills (if he hasn't already) will be along at some point today with your welcome message. In the mean time, go ahead and familiarize yourself with the first post and the links it will send you too.

It would be interesting to note the actual time on the clock - when the mayhem started with all the Divisions.
Expect it to be within 15 mins of each other. And thereby indicating that the Servers were having a difficulty of some sort. Overloading one bank of servers when another bank went down, etc. (not that I understand Server Banks .....just making an idea suggestion)

It would be interesting to note the actual time on the clock - when the mayhem started with all the Divisions.
Expect it to be within 15 mins of each other. And thereby indicating that the Servers were having a difficulty of some sort. Overloading one bank of servers when another bank went down, etc. (not that I understand Server Banks .....just making an idea suggestion)

D2 started with issues right around 10:50 EST. I remember thinking to myself - we might actually finish early..... then.... BOOM!

D2 started with issues right around 10:50 EST. I remember thinking to myself - we might actually finish early..... then.... BOOM!

D3 was qualifying for Combo 3 when everyone started dropping. The original room never imploded, but everyone did disconnected at least 1 time. I disconnected a total of 7 times. Room was recreated twice and the discos still continued.

We have all have had Power Failures, etc ...... and usually at the most inconvenient times. Soooo, as they say, maybe we should "cut'em some slack" until this league-wide disconnect happens again?
I know - a Billion dollar enterprise ought to have all their ducks in a row, but "stuff happens" as the bumper sticker says.
Just a thought.

Can I join the race tonight with the Snail racing thingy?
@SprntCupChmp1,
Thanks for your interest!
We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

Ahh Smack! i wanted to race tonight but i just arrived home for registering... i was all ready with the cars
@Gouletzky,
We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

May I join your guys racing team.
@SEADOG312,

D7 started having issue just prior to the start of the qualifying for combo 3. The time was between 10:50 and 11:00 pm eastern.

I would like to join the group
@The Boxer,

I've never seen connectivity issues quite like what when on last night. Hopefully it was an anomaly and not a sign of things to come. If things dont improove soon, I will be taking a break from league racing.

We have all have had Power Failures, etc ...... and usually at the most inconvenient times. Soooo, as they say, maybe we should "cut'em some slack" until this league-wide disconnect happens again?
I know - a Billion dollar enterprise ought to have all their ducks in a row, but "stuff happens" as the bumper sticker says.
Just a thought.
What's weird to me is that I don't get where along the line PD's server's affect us. On their website with the different types of hosting, it makes it seem like the connection is solely between the host's PS3 and the other drivers' PS3s. But then how do we see the list of available rooms? That has to be hosted somewhere. And if PD's server's fail, why would that affect our seemingly direct PS3 to PS3 connection? Unless it wasn't PD's servers, it was some ISP network switching failure or something...

What's weird to me is that I don't get where along the line PD's server's affect us. On their website with the different types of hosting, it makes it seem like the connection is solely between the host's PS3 and the other drivers' PS3s. But then how do we see the list of available rooms? That has to be hosted somewhere. And if PD's server's fail, why would that affect our seemingly direct PS3 to PS3 connection? Unless it wasn't PD's servers, it was some ISP network switching failure or something...

Well, as I said, I don't have an understanding of how it works. I was just offering a "forgiving idea". GT-6 is just very enjoyable to me - even with the difficulties. I'm sure they will get it worked out. We just need some patience and "stick-to-itiveness".

Back