Open ◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Presented by ButtKicker: Feel What You've Been Missing

Discussion in 'SNAIL Racing League' started by zer05ive, Dec 13, 2011.

1. bigjobrob

bigjobrob

I am confused....and new.....that is a deadly combination :lol:

Some folks are talking about practicing track/car combos for this weeks race, but all I see are combos from March 23rd. I am sure it is because I am new, that maybe I am not looking in the right place for the 3 combos for Sundays race. I just want to get a little seat time when I get the chance to run as smooth as I can.

2. turnupdaheat

turnupdaheat

2 of the three combos are confirmed so go ahead and practice the Renaultsport Megane Trophy Base model '11 at Spa-Francorchamps and the BMW M3 CSL '03 at Apricot Hill for the moment. You, along with everyone else, will see the third combo being announced in this thread sometime later on so don't worry about that one for the moment.

KTR5, TEX36 and intoflatlines like this.
  3. kcheeb

kcheeb Premium

He has been notified. I have not heard back from him. As soon as I do I'll post here.

4. Mark II

Mark II

5. McTrucker

McTrucker

Request to join the league!

Last edited: Mar 27, 2014
    Skills, Handlebar and zer05ive like this.
  6. chuyler1

chuyler1 Premium

Yeah that was a bummer. You had some great laps and I could get close but not close enough to make a move. My goal for the rest of that race was just to get around you...after you disappeared there was no one else to race!

Oh that reminds me. I recommend division hosts provide time for 3 laps on the BMW/Apricott Hill combo. I ran a clean lap on my first qualifying lap last night but because of the speed the game started my car at in the chicane my lap time was 7 seconds off pace. Everyone else seemed to get two fast laps in while I only had one. Usually they start you out far enough back that you can get a high speed run on the final corner but this track is a bit odd.

Also, I cannot stand the names on the track during qualifying. It is very distracting. I wish there was another qualifying mode we could use or we could turn those off like we can for seasonal events and license tests. I don't understand why PD adds these stupid features and ignores the major flaws in the game.

intoflatlines likes this.
  7. aliengamer25

aliengamer25

quote="bigjobrob, post: 9499754, member: 256406"]I am confused....and new.....that is a deadly combination :lol:

Some folks are talking about practicing track/car combos for this weeks race, but all I see are combos from March 23rd. I am sure it is because I am new, that maybe I am not looking in the right place for the 3 combos for Sundays race. I just want to get a little seat time when I get the chance to run as smooth as I can.[/quote]

Welcome to the league buddy, glad you could join us.

8. chuyler1

chuyler1 Premium

full89metal and intoflatlines like this.
  9. intoflatlines

intoflatlines

Yes, hopefully you can study it for the next practice session ;)
    Great race indeed, while it lasted! You can turn off the names. You need to go into the "watch" mode and scroll down to the bottom and change the setting where it says display names or something. But the lines will still be there unfortunately. The side affect is that the names will then be removed during races too.

hooker4 and chuyler1 like this.
  10. Mark II

Mark II

I read every page! Also, to be clear - it is never my intention to ruin another drivers race by treating the track like a "derby". If I have, I apologize and will continue to work on keeping my eyes ahead instead of behind. Thank you for your patience!

11. TEX36

TEX36 Premium

Is it in the Watch Mode or in the Options Mode once you are on the track?

12. IceWarden

IceWarden

@TEX36
    I have been pushing to get the damn CSL chosen for several weeks now. Great choice ;) That car can go anywhere and be a great car to race.

Granted, I won't be able to practice until 10mins before the race...but that's my own problem.

FloydC3, intoflatlines and TEX36 like this.
  13. Wolfsatz

Wolfsatz

[​IMG]

Azure Flare and goofytyler like this.
  14. bigjobrob

bigjobrob

Thank you

turnupdaheat likes this.
  15. zer05ive

zer05ive Premium

Yeah I noticed that too. He's the only GTPlanet username I've ever come across where GTP12 will not auto-complete it (even when you have finished typing the whole thing it doesn't give that drop-down option to click) :confused:

16. intoflatlines

intoflatlines

Just keep practicing in traffic but remember a few key things...
    - If you are making the pass, it is up to you to avoid contact.
    - You must have substantial overlap before the turn-in point for the corner for the leading driver to leave you room for your line. If you don't have substantial overlap and you infringe upon the leading driver's line in any way - or have any sort of contact mid-corner, you are subject to a penalty (and angry drivers).
    - When following closely in traffic, you will typically have to brake significantly earlier than your normal braking point. This is because of increased speed/decreased grip and drag due to draft, and because of the "domino effect".
    - You must drive around ghosted cars - driving through them is not allowed, and you cannot make a pass if your car is ghosting.
    - If you find yourself taking a corner side-by-side, you need to hold your line. Do not infringe upon other people's lines mid-corner.

Hopefully what I said above is correct (I'm not a Steward). But yes please work on your patience, braking points, and cornering/passing manners to avoid issues on a Sunday night. :)

Setting is changed in Watch mode, but it applies to both watching and racing views.

Mark II, TEX36 and FloydC3 like this.
  17. FloydC3

FloydC3

Practice room open
    1472-4711-0510-9357-1729

18. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

@CanuckleheadII 's deadline has arrived. He is now the Prize B winner. @hooker4 is the prize C winner. Please make your announcement ASAP as to which part of the Integra at Ascari combo you are going to freeze. The sooner you can do this, the better. It is very likely that we are going to have to open up Prize B to some kind of suggestion and voting process.

In the event that hooker4 doesn't make a selection, every driver who raced in D5 this week should go ahead and vote if they want to freeze the car or track. Simple type Integra or Ascari here in the thread for the one you want to keep. If hooker4 hasn't made a choice by 4 PM ET, whatever votes are cast will make the decision.

If you raced in D4 this week, go ahead and make a car and track suggestion. The car suggestion should to run at Ascari and the track selection should be for where to take the Integra. Please only make one car and track suggestion, multiple suggestions will be removed from consideration. If we still haven't heard from canucklehead by 5PM ET. The suggestions will be voted on by all members of S.N.A.I.L. that raced this week. That voting will close at 7PM ET and I will need someone to count up the votes and make the announcement as I will be at work at that time.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2014
  19. aliengamer25

aliengamer25

You practicing both Megane/M3?

FloydC3 likes this.
  20. chuyler1

chuyler1 Premium

Some fun last night going from last to first with mixed division racers. I had a little run-in with @Adventuruss on lap 3. He went pretty far wide and I really didn't think he was going to pull it off and when he tried to grab the apex of turn 2 I was in the way. I tapped him one more time to straighten him out and we kept on racing. Later in the evening he really picked up the pace and I couldn't pass him again.

21. intoflatlines

intoflatlines

Post one of the same race but rear view :D ... That was a great race, I remember

22. turnupdaheat

turnupdaheat

I blew that one at the last chicane! :dunce:

23. chuyler1

chuyler1 Premium

I know, thank you! I had no shot at the win otherwise!

turnupdaheat likes this.
  24. BayouSimDrifter

BayouSimDrifter

M3 CSL is a grip monster this sunday will be fun :) good choice @TEX36

TEX36 likes this.
  25. Grandpa Money

Grandpa Money

My D5 vote : freeze integra..

26. TEX36

TEX36 Premium

Excellent video - I hope everyone takes a few minutes, before practice tonight, to watch & learn. Perfect illustration of patience and maintaining pace - not getting in a hurry to catch the driver ahead. Thanks for posting it.

chuyler1 likes this.
  27. Troggy

Troggy

I always read your posts in Kevin harts voice. To see that you changed your avatar makes me sad. I demand you change it back.

28. FloydC3

FloydC3

I vote freeze dc5 too

29. Nish

Nish

I believe it may be because he hasn't logged in since the sites update (can't remember the exact date it changed over). His profile says he hasn't logged in since Dec. 15th though so unless someone contacts him on psn I doubt he's going to post.

30. kcheeb

kcheeb Premium

CanuckleheadII is busy beyond belief, he told me to have the D4 vote on prize B.

Nish likes this.