Open ◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Presented by ButtKicker: Feel What You've Been Missing

Discussion in 'SNAIL Racing League' started by zer05ive, Dec 13, 2011.

1. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

Will he be able to choose from those suggestions or will it have to be done by the whole group?

D4 drivers that raced this week. Start making suggestions for a car and track. Car to be used at Ascari and track for the Integra to run on. You have two hours from this post.

2. kcheeb

kcheeb Premium

Given how long it took him to get back to me I would say do not wait on him. My first text to him was last night around 9 pm.

3. Mark II

Mark II

integra - deep forest (forward)
    ascari - ktm xbow

Last edited: Mar 27, 2014
    aliengamer25 likes this.
  4. turnupdaheat

turnupdaheat

I know it's up to @hooker4 to confirm it but his intention is to freeze the Integra so it would make sense for the guys to vote a suitable track to go with that car.

KTR5 likes this.
  5. GTP_Nail

GTP_Nail Premium

How do new guys find out what color combos are currently available. I know I read it some where in 1700 plus pages!

6. Neovre

Neovre

@Rallywagon 's signature

7. chuyler1

chuyler1 Premium

One more video from last night. This was one of the qualify/race events we ran. It'll be good research for those in D8-D3 to see how the D1 and D2 drivers race.

That Destin driver was not a SNAIL racer. He was pretty quick but had a short temper. Not sure I'd allow him to race with us the next time after seeing his behavior in this race. He honked at me when I clearly had corner rights and forced a 2 wide situation where it really wasn't called for. I don't think we could have gone side by side through that turn and both remained on the track and on the throttle. End result, PTslopoke was able to catch up to both of us. All it would have taken was for him to lift for a split second, draft me down the straight, and make a clean pass before turn 1.

intoflatlines likes this.
  8. Rallywagon

Rallywagon Premium

As he said, follow the link to the instructions below. Please note that at this time, the division column is not up to date.

I've raced with Destinkeys, a lot, back in GT5. He often ran or could be found in shuffle rooms. He is fast, but he is an open lobby racer, and his racecraft reflects that. Some time in SNAIL and he would probably be a ready good racer.

9. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

That Destinkeys guy has been banned from GTPlanet and made many enemies among the long time members at the PSN GT forums. As far as I'm concerned he would never be welcome to race in S.N.A.I.L. just for those reasons alone. If you guys think coach had an opinion and never though he was wrong, this guy puts him to shame.

10. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

Prize selection update

The 4 PM ET deadline is here and we haven't heard from @hooker4. The only two votes cast are quoted above and they were both to freeze the Integra.

If you raced in D4 this past Sunday, please make a track suggestion in the next hour so it can be opened up for league wide voting at that time. If you have already made a suggestion of car and track, you do not need to make another suggestion.

11. intoflatlines

intoflatlines

I only raced with him for a couple races last night but in that short period of time he was pretty damn annoying... joining a clearly SNAIL practice room, then questioning the host/settings, and getting upset when we backed out of quali to let a SNAIL join the round. Not to mention his terrible racecraft as shown in the video above.

12. Chiochan

Chiochan

You guys talking about De-Stink-eys(translated from Spanish The stinky!?!), he is a rude SOB.

Azure Flare likes this.
  13. chuyler1

chuyler1 Premium

I'll give him a break on the settings. The host did make the mistake of not specifying SM tires. There's no excuse for his racing etiquette though. If he hadn't ghosted that time in the video (and a few other times earlier in the evening) I would have been more vocal about booting him. At the time I figured he was a friend of someone's so I was polite when he asked if he could join us.

14. aliengamer25

aliengamer25

I was practicing myself this morning and I was running good lines until he jumped in and waited for me to come around the straight next to pit lane, as I approached turn 1 he divebombed me so hard from the rear as I slowed to turn I slammed into the wall. After that I had to buy another M3 CSL because it wouldn't handle right after the accident, when you tap the brake to slow down it does nothing but skid to the left, I even tested it with SRF on andit still does it. I was pretty pissed.

15. hooker4

hooker4

Sorry guys I work nights and just woke up if its not too late I would like to pick. Integra at rome reverse

chatva, Chiochan and JoeW like this.
  16. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

You don't get to pick a track. You have prize C which means you get to pick to freeze the car or the track. The prize B winner gets to pick the track to replace Ascari.

17. intoflatlines

intoflatlines

That's insane. Did you try to restore chassis rigidity?

18. BayouSimDrifter

BayouSimDrifter

*Kevin Hart voice* Nooooooo he wasn't ready for Natasha Yi and Kim Lee, I can't say no to them.

Lol

Nish, Troggy and goofytyler like this.
  19. aliengamer25

aliengamer25

Yes, sadly I did, I tried everything I could think of when I hit the wall head on I was traveling about 130ish from his momentum. I even tried changing around the tune settings hoping if I copied another page to it that it would reset the car and fix it but no it didn't help at all. I wish PD would give us the option to fix mechanical parts that are broke.

20. hooker4

hooker4

Sorry I panicked lol. Freeze Integra

21. intoflatlines

intoflatlines

I didn't think that was possible. I've purposely crashed at way higher speeds and the cars are fine

USERID_77a23 and Mirado_7 like this.
  22. Sharkb8ii

Sharkb8ii

I think this is the reason why I run friends only practice rooms, just to avoid this. Btw gamer...just sent you a fr

23. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

It is 10 minutes to the deadline to make a suggestion for a track to replace Ascari and so far there is one suggestion. I am going to extend the deadline by 30 minutes to 5:30 PM ET. The following drivers are eligible to make a suggestion for a track. So far, Deep Forest (forward) is the only suggestion out there.

@Daniel Pinho, @GTP_unleashed, @Voodoovaj, @shmibal_GT, @cheechoo777, @EvoSpecX, @full89metal

intoflatlines likes this.
  24. fizzer

fizzer

I have an instant boot policy for him if I'm running a room. Won't join one he's running either. I didn't even know he had GTP drama, but that guy has been the sole occupant of my "enemies list" for at least a year just from GT5. He used to run shuffle rooms all the time and join others and was incredibly annoying. He'll complain via text chat spam on any driver's percieved "cleanliness" then proceed to bash his way around mid-pack. When running a shuffle, he'd never go over 350PP and berate anyone who suggested otherwise.

In years of running in random GT5 rooms, seriously the only name I remember that I would cringe every time I saw it.

This image would come to mind any time he showed up:
    [​IMG]

LeoStrop, Chiochan and intoflatlines like this.
  25. shmibal_GT

shmibal_GT

Rome is my suggestion. Also what exactly did I do to deserve a chance at suggesting? Just wondering.

26. ptslopoke

ptslopoke

I joined the room late last night, in that short period of time I saw him. 1. driving backwards on the track (annoying and disrespectful, but whatever, maybe he was bored. 2. did the same thing during qualifying. 3. during the racing I got a good draft on him, he swerved across the track to try and bump me off...then the next corner he tried to hit me but luckily ghosted and went off, i thought the entire thing a bit odd for sure.

27. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

You raced in D4 Sunday night. Since the prize winner came from D4 and he isn't making a choice, everyone that raced in that division gets to make a suggestion. Everyone who raced Sunday night can then vote on the suggestions and that will be the new track.

28. intoflatlines

intoflatlines

Wow. Glad I didn't see any of that personally!

29. aliengamer25

aliengamer25

I think we will all be fine unless he somehow creates another account on here but oh well if he does cause he will do that somebody one day and they will return the favor in one of his precious races

30. shmibal_GT

shmibal_GT

Ok. Thanks for the quick response.