◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,696 comments
Photographers: make sure to post your practice pictures, or even PM them to me so I can make banners.
Thanks for reminding everyone! However, keep in mind that you can't collect $hells for lineup pictures unless they're posted on the thread. Thanks!

March 30, 2014 lineup
banners by ???

ROUND ONE
Honda Integra Type R (DC5) Touring Car '04

(313HP / PP 484) (Racing Hard tires)
at Deep Forest
? laps / ? minutes of qualifying

photo by ???

ROUND TWO
BMW M3 CSL '03
(371HP / PP 497) (Sports Medium tires)
at Apricot Hill Raceway - Forward
7 laps / ? minutes of qualifying
photo by ???

ROUND THREE

Renault Sport Megane Trophy Base Model '11
(377HP / PP 518) (Racing Hard tires)
at Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
4 laps / ? minutes of qualifying

photo by ???

The March 30th lineup has been posted!! :gtpflag:

@Troggy - Sorry I wasn't able to update the lineup with the those banners you posted on Sunday. And unfortunately, the two combos you made the banners for have been changed by the voting. If there's any chance you can have banners done by tomorrow night, I'll be sure to add them to the lineup post. :)
Really a great line up!

THE PRACTICE ROOMS ARE OFFICIALLY OPEN !
If you are assigned to D1, D2, D3, or D4 please join, with your best racecraft, the BLUE ROOM:
1472-6399-9009-5384-8060

If you are assigned to D5, D6, D7, or D8 please join, with your best racecraft, the RED ROOM:
1472-4711-0467-9860-5759

Additionally, if you want to focus in your Race craft instead of speed, the Yellow Room will be following the same format with the addition of Competition Yellows at least once during the race depending on the number of laps. Room is focused to run in a pack and improve Race craft.
Yellow Room
1472-6399-9009-5384-7951

Will be opened by 9:30.

March 30th lineup has been posted!!
Sunday March 23 Results
Photo by: @shmibal43
ApricotHillRaceway_zpsf5ce24ea.jpg

Photo by: @Wolfsatz

If you are assigned to D1, D2, D3, or D4 please join, with your best racecraft, the BLUE ROOM:
1472-6399-9009-5384-8060

If you are assigned to D5, D6, D7, or D8 please join, with your best racecraft, the RED ROOM:
1472-4711-0467-9860-5759

Additionally, if you want to focus in your Race craft instead of speed, the Yellow Room will be following the same format with the addition of Competition Yellows at least once during the race depending on the number of laps. Room is focused to run in a pack and improve Race craft.

Sunday March 23 Results

So, the Yellow Room is the fun room:confused: ;) :) :lol::lol::crazy:

1472-6399-9009-5384-8060

1472-4711-0467-9860-5759

Yellow Room
1472-6399-9009-5384-7951

Sunday March 23 Results

RED room is currently full.

Request to join the league!
Thanks for your interest!
We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

You guys talking about De-Stink-eys(translated from Spanish The stinky!?!), he is a rude SOB.
It's actually Destin Keys as in Florida and he is a musician I think. Maybe piano?
I've raced with him before. I think he kicked me because of my racecraft. I guess it wasn't very good.

Some really good clean racing tonight in the practice room. again thanks to @AJKVail for the help, im still dont know that track very well so i'll work on it. Also to @Grandpa Money and @aliengamer25 for the good battles, look at the replays 👍

Thanks to you guys also I learnt a lot from just listening and rob1nh000d gave me a run for my money the second race of Apricot man what a battle. s 👍

Managed to scrape together some O.K. pics... Love the body roll on the beamer! As always, use 'em if you like!

Attachments

• Deep Forest Raceway.jpg
    Deep Forest Raceway.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 8
  • Deep Forest Raceway_1.jpg
    Deep Forest Raceway_1.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 14
  • Deep Forest Raceway_2.jpg
    Deep Forest Raceway_2.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 10
  • Apricot Hill Raceway.jpg
    Apricot Hill Raceway.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 9
  • Apricot Hill Raceway_1.jpg
    Apricot Hill Raceway_1.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 13
  • Apricot Hill Raceway_2.jpg
    Apricot Hill Raceway_2.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 9
Did any of tonights practice rooms run with penalties off ? If so, what do the people in D2 and/or D3 think?
PM me if you prefer.

Thanks

Y
Did any of tonights practice rooms run with penalties off ? If so, what do the people in D2 and/or D3 think?
PM me if you prefer.

Thanks
Yellow room run with penalties on, not sue if flatlines missed the memo on that; penalties very annoying at Deep Forest.

At Spa youll be able to cut Eau Rouge but well be easily noticed in replays.

@zer05ive

We had a total of 12 in yellow which also served as overflow from Red/Blue.
The addition of Yellow Flags was welcomed by all in attendance.

It would be awesome if we could have a Senior Snail as a racing coach. Tonight we had @chuyler1 which provided pointers to all.

Last edited:
I'm loving all 3 combos this week. Deep Forest has never been my favorite (especially forward) but running it with a FF is a treat. There won't be many passing opportunities though. Apricot Hill is a great track and the SM tires on the BMW offer lots of different lines through corners. The Megane at Spa is getting old, but the battles on the track are always fresh.

I'm loving all 3 combos this week. Deep Forest has never been my favorite (especially forward) but running it with a FF is a treat. There won't be many passing opportunities though. Apricot Hill is a great track and the SM tires on the BMW offer lots of different lines through corners. The Megane at Spa is getting old, but the battles on the track are always fresh.

I see at least 3 big passing zones at Deep Forest after practice tonight, not sure if I want to just spill it all out here because I might be racing some of you quicker guys (not calling names but you know who you are in my division lol) but if someone would like to know my perspective on that, ask and you shall receive lol.

Y

Yellow room run with penalties on, not sue if flatlines missed the memo on that; penalties very annoying at Deep Forest.

At Spa youll be able to cut Eau Rouge but well be easily noticed in replays.

I would like to know something, this came to my attention at Spa, as I shortcut the course at the top of Eau Rouge with penalty on, I lifted off before I enter the shortcut zone knowing that I'll get penalized but I didn't. Leading me to wonder whether or not you won't get a penalty if you lift off completely before entering the shortcut zone and through that zone?

Back